New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Last Paladin IC - Part III

(You were able to get two doses. Tamoq promised more on your return)

The woman gives a resigned chuckle. "That depends. I tend to prefer knowing who I'm sitting with."

"I guess that makes two of us," Mirabelle says.

The woman says, "Anita. My name's Anita."
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm Karrin. My traveling companions and I were looking to camp here for the night, and I see no reason to hog all the space to ourselves and drive you out."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Anita stays on the defensive. "I can't really claim this place for myself, either, not that it would do much good. But I'd rather know a bit more about the people I'm staying with."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

"We're travelers temporarily domiciled in Whiteveil, on a personal expedition treasure hunting at the moment. You, Anita?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's a rather convoluted matter," Anita says. "I am... in between jobs at the moment, and currently on my way to one of the eastern settlements to try and find a suitable engagement."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

(Is Cabathad to the east?)

"Between jobs? I don't know much about the Angrovian army, but I can imagine they're not big on people leaving and doing their own thing. At least based on what I've learned talking to a few other Angrove soliders."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

(Yes)

"Angrove... doesn't want me. I can't return, not yet at least. Well, to be frank I do not believe I shall ever return." You note that she speaks with a higher dialect, possibly belonging to the nobility.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd love to hear your story, but you still haven't told me if we're welcome at your fire or not." She gives Anita a friendly smile.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-13 at 03:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

She sighs. "I suppose it is better than waiting for something or someone to happen by, and they turn out to be less friendly. Still, how do I know you won't try anything if I fall asleep?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you want me to make a list? Very well." Karrin starts counting off with her fingers as she also tries to detect traces of evil from the woman.

"Firstly, you haven't attacked me first, and it's against my moral code to attack someone else without provocation. Secondly, anyone on-the-run from Angrove...or at least anyone in exile from Angrove...is almost certain not to be an enemy of mine. Thirdly, if I wanted to attack you, why'd I waste my time in waiting until you're asleep? Lastly, if I quote-try anything-unquote on you when you sleep, I am dead sure that my lover Mirabell would be *most* upset with me."

Karrin smiles as she says that last part and puts an arm around Mira's waist. "Right, Mira?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Detect Evil on the area and Anita.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

You find no traces of evil on either of them. Anita says, "Well, I guess that will have to do." She slowly sheathes her sword. "I suppose we can determine our relative courses on the morrow. Although, if it does not trouble you, may I ask where you are going?"

Mira replies, "We are on our way to Cabathad."

Anita says, "Cabathad? I've heard many unusual things about that city. I-" She stops, looking into the shadows that encircle her camp. Her hand flies back to the hilt of her sword. "There's something out there," she whispers.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes. More of my allies I held in reserve in case you attacked us or were part of an ambush. One goblin, one kobold. Grembler, Skeever, come on out now, and don't startle Anita please."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

The two emerge, moving slowly. Anita glances between them. "Do you trust them?" she asks.

"Well enough,"
    Mirabelle says.

Anita relaxes her grip on her sword. "I think... it is still safer than trying to stay alone." She looks back at the fort's main structure. "I think this place is safe, and it will be more sheltered than staying out here."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

"This place was once much safer. A big horde of demons attacked this place. Every single person who were regulars here are now dead. The last died just a few days back. I fought the demons, but could not defeat the horde."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

"Somehow, that doesn't surprise me," she says. "It is nothing against you, but the fiends are too numerous, too powerful to hold off forever."

"They can be defeated," Mirabelle says. "We are going to best them, sooner or later."

Anita says, "I've seen the fiends close up, the great ones. It will take more strength than any mortal I've seen possesses."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I've got some...special help, and I've made some headway. But before I tell you more, can you tell me why you're not welcome in Angrove anymore? Wait wait...lemme guess first. Let's see...if I were a bard whipping up an epic...who would you be? Ooh ooh, you'd be the secretly legitimate princess heir to the Angroven throne, and you've been chased out by the devil leadership who want to solidify their rule! Ok sorry I'm done having fun now. Please, tell us your tale."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

She just stares at you oddly for a few moments.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Mirabelle says.

"What, you think it is trite? To have everyone you knew, including the entirety of your family, murdered in one night by men you had believed to be your closest friends? To escape with your life, only to spend the next three years scrounging in the mire of a degenerating city while thugs and reprobates use you as they wish, all the while watching as the place you call home becomes twisted into a literal hellhole?"

"Forgive me. I merely spent four years hunting the orcs who slaughtered my village," Mira bites back.

"And what of you?" Anita barks at Lyanna.

"If you must know, exiled from my home due to some superstition,"
    Lyanna replies acidly.

Anita looks like she is about to retort, when Kensin says, "Before you ask, I was exiled due to crimes of my family."

By now, Anita looks deflated. "Well, this is clearly a sanguine troupe then, isn't it?" she says quietly.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin speaks softly. "I'm sorry if I caused you pain. I often use humor to try to soften the pain of the world." She thinks to herself, "Holy crap. If you think about it, my experiences are in fact NOT the most traumatic in the world." she thinks to herself with surprise.

"We do alright because we have each other. We're good friends who support each other. And together, we've defeated much evil. Like that orc Mira mentioned, although he's back as an undead now but that's another issue, 2 evil dragons, one white, one green one who was also undead, a bone devil, and various other fiendish entities. Oh, and a few ancient war machines too like Ironman over there."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, I guess then you'll have no problem with the rest of the world." She shakes her head. "I'm sorry. I should be getting some rest; it's been too long since I've had any."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"Sleep the night. We'll keep watch." Karrin instructs Ironman to keep a watch over Anita, and then goes off to speak with Mira privately. "A gold piece for your thoughts as I was predicting Anita's past, and also when she was staring at me after I finished?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Mira shrugs. "Probably the same thing you were. Heck, it wouldn't have been the first time you've predicted the future. You are closer to the gods than most after all."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, except this time I was totally kidding at first. I was thinking, 'Now, given the kinds of *crap* that the world has thrown at us, what would be the appropriate new twist in the story of Karrin and Mira, and also at the same time funny to readers if this were a story?' I mean, I was literally just thinking like a bard. What'd be the most entertaining thing to happen? *sigh* This is what our lives have become. Are we as predictable now as characters in a novel?"

Karrin looks up at the ceiling and shouts clearly but not very loudly, "Whomever you are, writer, you SUCK and you owe Mira and I a happy life!"

Karrin chuckles then looks back at Mira. "But seriously. What do you think of her? On the level? Big potential ally?"
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-13 at 08:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

"Don't say that," Mira whines, "you'll only tempt fate." Regardless, you develop a sense of foreboding.

"As for Anita? She seems on the level. I can't wait to see her in a fight, though. Oh what am I saying, knowing our luck it won't be that long."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

"Having been nobility there, the woman must have valuable intel on what's going on inside Angrove, even if she's been out of power for 3 years. I think she'll want to help us out, since it could mean helping herself retake her throne. And yeah, I've got a baaaaad feeling already. I want us on alert tonight. At least 2 guards every shift in addition to Ironman."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Mirabelle nods. "Once we head east of here, we'll be in new territory. Probably demon-infested, since we're past Angrove's area of control. What are the odds no-one will stop by tonight?" she asks rhetorically.

You take the first watch, along with Mirabelle. When it is time for Lyanna and Kensin to relieve you, you remove your armor and fall asleep immediately. As soon as sleep comes, though, you are overwhelmed and disoriented by sudden sensation. After a few seconds, you realize you are once again in the Ugeltz temple, with the ritual underway. Blindfolded, you hear the moans of slave girls over the pounding music, and feel the men pressing into you from every possible angle.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

"I kinda hope that the demons and devils kill each other off, but so far we haven't seen them fight directly on a large scale. Well, let's gets some rest after our watch..."

At the temple...

"WHOA! What happened to the stinger tail?" thinks Karrin as she tries to push the men aside. Maybe try to make it a relatively quiet corner.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-13 at 11:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

You struggle briefly; you are very outnumbered. Still, thanks to the oil you are covered in, you manage to slip away.

You don't get very far. Before you can even get your blindfold off, the crystals in your piercings begin to vibrate, emitting an even pitched hum and sending shocks of pleasure into your sensitive bits. You fall to your knees, gasping and unable to move, and are dragged back to the altar.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Determined to not submit tonight, Karrin tries another tactic. She clamps down her legs and refuses to present her holes to be used, and refuses to open her mouth. If someone shoves a body part down her throat, she'll bite.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

The bands on your wrists and ankles are suddenly pulled with tremendous force to the four corners of the altar. Something large, round, smooth and vibrating is pressed to the lips of your nethers. You arch your back from a sudden climax.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin struggles, with spread eagled like this, there's not much she can do. If there's nothing she can bite, she just tries her best to void her mind like last time. However, pleasure is harder to ignore than pain!