New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Be a god - Create and doom a world

In this this game each of you will be a God responsible for creating and taking care of a new world.

I will try to give life to your ideas by using the RPG maker world map editor (since I suck at drawing).

All of you are almost omnipotent but you need prayers to survive. The more faith the people of the world have the more power and influence over your elements you will acquire.

So anyone interested?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Be a god - Create and doom a world

God of Fire, signing on, although this sounds like it would be more suited for structured games instead of message board games, so you might wanna consider moving the game there if it gets too complicated.

So, how do we begin?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I am likewise very interested, Ill be a dragon god of space-time.
    Sry, for any delays; its not my intarnet... its probobly thr fact I spend several minuts spell checing miself.

also, trilobites are awesome, no questions asked.

Sorcerer in the playground, horror to bandits and wizards alike.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I call dibs of being the god of arcana (or magic, however you want to call it), and knowledge (lore, again, however you wanna call it).

If someone wants to be the god of necromancy/witchcraft/dark magic, I'm alright with that.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok so first you have to fill this information: (be creative)
    Name:
    Title:
    Type:
    Sphere of influence:
    Portfolio:
    Artistic representation:
    Colors:
    Laws:
    Obligations and restrictions:
    Dogma:
    Customs:
    Main rituals:
    Plans for temples:

There are 3 types of gods. We have Primordial gods, structured gods and dark gods.
    Primordial gods: tend to have more followers in the beginning they control primordial things such as oceans, water, rain, earth, air and things like that.
    Structured gods: Tend to have more followers as the civilization gets more structured. They control things such as love, war, weapons, wisdom, philosophy, law and so on.

Dark gods unlike normal gods don't feed on faith but on fear and other bad feelings. So the god of pestilence won't feed on the faith but on the populace but in the fear of diseases. Some crazy dark cultists will try to spread pestilence around so he will have more power and influence in exchange of supernatural powers. A god of hate will be more powerful in times of war and crises than in times of peace but he can make his cultists induce situations where people feel hate towards others in other to gain powers and feed the power of the god. This are called conspiracies.

All gods are spheres of energy in their real forms. But the Artistic representation is how mortals represent you in art such as statues and paintings.

Exemple:
    Name: Karple
    Type: Dark god
    Title: Bringer of pestilence
    Sphere of influence:Pestilence and disease
    Portfolio: Death, fear,disease, pain, suffering, corruption.
    Artistic representation:A fat green demon with scars and tumors all around his body
    Colors:Green and yellow.
    Laws:Cultists must create poisons and new types of virus through alchemy and spread the already existing ones.
    Obligations and restrictions: Must not try to heal one of Karple gifts(diseases) and at least once a month must spread a new form of diseases or poison a victim.
    Dogma: The fear of diseases brings the progress. But the battle against nature is one that civilization may never win.
    Costums:Cultists tend to wear green robes during ceremonies and also work with alchemy.
    Main rituals: In the start of a new moon the leader of the cult must infect a small animal such as a deer or a rabbit and during its last moment completely dominated by the diseases a circle with its infected blood must be drawn and Karple must be called upon for further instructions of what to do.
    Plans for temples: Since he is a dark god he don't plan to build temples. His cultists meet in secret places such as forests or ruins.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah this is better on structured games, ask a mod to move it whenever they can. Ill get working on that app.
    Sry, for any delays; its not my intarnet... its probobly thr fact I spend several minuts spell checing miself.

also, trilobites are awesome, no questions asked.

Sorcerer in the playground, horror to bandits and wizards alike.

7. - Top - End - #7

Woah, I didn't notice this got shoved to structured games until now. Well, here goes!

Spoiler: Anaab, God of Fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Player name
    Show
    Angsty Anubite

Spoiler: Title
    Show
    Anaab, God of Fire

Spoiler: Type
    Show
    Primordial

Spoiler: Sphere of influence
    Show
    You mean what our true form looks like? Try to imagine a constantly collapsing red giant star, scaled down to the size of a large bear. If you mean what I have power over, it's pretty much fire. I have a stronger connection to it if it's fire I bless for my worshipers or fire from my mountain.

Spoiler: Portfolio
    Show
    I was here when the world began, even through I didn't even know it yet. After a couple million years of darkness, I became aware of my essence drifting from star to star, feeding on the chaotic energy of the universe. My awakening was triggered from the tasting of the sun of the world I would help to shape. I'm not sure if I was getting in on some other god's business or not, and am still not sure; the people of the nearby planet had only just began believing in us. I felt their tug, something different but equally as addicting as my current method of survival. I left the sun and followed that tug, and took the form of a small flame on the end of a stick, held by a very primitive human being. He played with me, he feared me, he used me to feed others, and he hurt himself trying to warm up his nose. Finally, in some act of reverence I suppose, when the stick was nearly consumed and my life almost spend, he brought me to a land of hot, slippery rock, and I felt my form strengthen from it. I assumed his shape, and we exchanged thank-yous, before I flew off under a mountain of immense fire and made my home there. That man was my first worshiper, and would later become my first prophet.

Spoiler: Artistic representation
    Show
    Currently I'm known to my believers as an obsidian head with human likeness. I mean, it looks human, but... not really. Maybe I should make a better figure for them.

Spoiler: Colors
    Show
    The red of dawn, and the black of soot. Heck, maybe a little orange too for good measure.

Spoiler: Laws
    Show
    Don't take the life of another, or else be punished by giving your soul to my flame on the mountain (I might actually let their souls go or rehabilitate them at some point , but I don't tell them that). If one steals, their hands are burned. If they lie or commit evil with their speech, their tongues are burnt. Similar punishments for other body parts appropriate for the crime. I may heal the criminal at a ceremony if they truly repent, but the pain worsens for each additional mark, and I may just consider someone unworthy of forgiveness for the rest of their lives.

Spoiler: Obligations and restrictions
    Show
    Protect one another. Care for your family and community. Use my fire as a source of protection and subsistence, not for evil deeds. Do not approach the volcano unless I tell you otherwise.

Spoiler: Dogma
    Show
    I'll have to think about this...

Spoiler: Customs
    Show
    Having your arm quickly brush against the arm of another is a good greeting and a way of letting others know you are ready for work, whether its for religion, the community, or whatever. It represents the spark that creates the flame.

Spoiler: Main rituals
    Show
    Main rituals: Every ten days the driftwood from the shore and any other dead wood or animals are gathered and taken up to my mountain as tribute. The dead creatures and plants return to life in me, and I send them out into the world again to do my will. The rising and setting of the sun are also times of daily prayer. When trouble comes, light torches from the Eternal Fire in the center of the village and ask for my blessing.

Spoiler: Plans for temples
    Show
    I have a lot of obsidian lying around...

I... just realized I got portfolio waaaaaay off. But man, did that misunderstanding of the word get me in a writing mood!

Tell me if I missed anything or screwed anything else up. Can't wait to see how we'll play the game.
    Last edited by SpeedWitch; 2014-09-30 at 01:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, this was pretty fun to write, even though I have no idea how this game intends to operate. You mentioned RPG maker - are we trying to contribute to the lore and world map for now, then? Or is this more of an MSPaint Adventures deal?

Name: Mo-Ki, the Grower
    Sphere of influence: Plant Life
    Type: Primordial. They become more Structured along with the world, but they can't forget their roots.
    Portfolio: All plant life from the humblest algae to the greatest sequoia. Woodlands and agriculture. Many potions and other herbal sciences.
    Artistic representation: Mo is the Green Lady generally associated with beauty and flowering plants, and Ki is the Wooden Giant generally associated with trees and the rugged wilderness. Sometimes they switch places, but they're generally acknowledged to be together and agreed in everything... except when they need to argue with each other to represent the struggle between the wilderness and mankind's encroaching farmland. Moki gains a lot in the transition from a Primordial world to a Structured one, but can't help but mourn what they've lost in the process.
    Colors: Green, naturally. If you look at a world map, the green areas can generally be considered Moki's domain. That said, decoration with flowers, leaves and fruits in all colors of the rainbow is also a thing, especially as society arises and comes to appreciate this kind of art.
    Laws: Tend and appreciate the wilds and gardens for which you are responsible. The oldest and most ancient of trees are off-limits by tradition, and many throughout your territory should be left standing for various good reasons.
    Obligations and restrictions: Work to replace any plant life you consume or cut down. Cultists are additionally responsible for bringing life to lifeless places. Initiation and advancement in the cult generally involves such projects, ranging from simple gardens to tilling and planting newly-discovered volcanic islands.
    Dogma: Study, plant and grow new life wherever and whenever you can, for form and for function. Don't suffer the nonsense of Defilers and Clear-cutters. Do not seek to harm others, but fight stubbornly in self-defense and for the beauty of your territory.
    Customs: Moki's lay-people tend to take their responsibilities seriously, to the point where they rarely leave their home towns. Instead, they gradually expand their territory over multiple generations, breaking mountains with their roots and entangling neighbors in their vines. Then again, there are other segments of the population including avid evangelists and frontiersmen, so take that with a grain of salt.
    Main rituals: Most agricultural devotees hold the expected planting and harvest festivals common to humans; hunter-gatherer societies hold similar celebrations at the changing of the seasons. Wandering cultists and settlers have rituals for the founding of new cities around a freshly-planted, "City Tree."
    Plans for temples: Most Mo-Ki holy sites are outdoors in specially-prepared orchards or forests; those temples and offices that are indoors are always covered in flowers and ivy. At sea, there even exist Algae Islands that serve as temples for aquatic cultists.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Go forth, bring your spades and seeds to barren lands, until the world is thick with verdant splendor."

"Hippie."

"Oh, like you're any better. Now shush, we need to bless this harvest."

"Why do you always call yourself, 'We,' anyway? It's freakin' creepy."

"We're a formless ball of divine viridian light. Maybe there really are two of us in here, Mo and Ki, and you just never thought to ask!"

"...is there?"

"No."

"Urgh."

Spoiler: Locations
    Show
    The First Garden
    Imitating images and techniques that came to her in a dream, the prophet Hana and her family set about cultivating a circle of shrubs around a particular freshwater pool, near the highest point on the island. The point is contested, but the people of Shallow Island are in no position to be fighting one another, and sometimes when someone says they need to do something goofy for the sake of a prophecy, you just have to roll with it.

Upon the first garden's completion, a sapling erupts from the highest point on the island, shoving Hana and her lover aside as it grows into a great tree in a matter of moments. In the pool floats up a breathtaking series of lilies and creeper vines as the great tree's roots twist into an organic fountain. The nearby coastline becomes thick with edible material, and the shrubs likewise yield sweet berries of some description.

This place is the newborn Mo-Ki's Scepter.

The Verdant Realm
    A dimension that stretches in all directions, centered around a pool thick with aquatic vegetation, the rest of the space packed tightly with vines and branches and moss. All of the realm is evenly if dimly lit by a source that always seems to be slightly above what you can see of the plane's infinite canopy. Everything in the verdant realm is alive, constantly growing and folding in on itself, yet the plants never crush themselves or each other in the process.

As they set about designing their Archfey progeny, Mo-Ki continues to instruct their prophet via regular appointments at their Scepter. Eventually, a good tree line and a buildup of sediment should make the storms less of an issue. Mo-Ki's power doesn't extend very far from the First Garden, but they fortunately know a little science. The garden's vitality can be brought to the rest of Shallow Island the old-fashioned way, with careful cultivation.

The Tangled Observatory
    To monitor the progress of Hana and her people, a formless ball of divine viridian light centers itself in a tangle of the Verdant Realm's vines, hearing and feeling their voices and footfalls through the realm's vague resonance with all living things. It makes about as much sense as any other magical observatory, but they like to think that substituting visual for tactile and emotional information is a valid stylistic choice.

EDIT: Just took it out of the spoiler, as that seems to be the convention right now. I still think the double-spacing makes it easier to read, though.
    Edit Again: The bold text lets me condense it without making it too bad to read. Also reorganized a bit. I might go back and make a couple things more concise.

MUCH LATER EDIT: Added details on the locations for signature purposes.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2014-12-16 at 01:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name: Mortod
    Title: Emperor of the Shade, Lord of the Dark
    Type: Dark God
    Sphere of Influence: Dark magic, despair, shadows, fear
    Portfolio: Dark magic, death, shadows, onyx, despair, loss
    Artistic Representation: He is represented as a giant winged completely black dragon, or as a red falcon.
    Colors: Red and black
    Laws: Members must be of impure heart. They must sleep at day and wake at night. Every 8 days, they must kill an animal.
    Obligations and Restrictions: They may not build a city, his follwers must always remain in the shade, as a dark threat.
    Dogma: Fear shall conquer all.
    Customs: At 8 years old, children begin training to use weapons, deceive people, and disguise. At the age of 16, they are sent alone in the forest with a bow and a dagger. They must kill a large animal (fox, wolf, bear, deer/stag) cover themselves in its pelt and bring back its bones to the community. Those succesful then attend an initiation ceremony, where they must sacrifice the bones (symbolically representing the soul) to Mortod. They then choose a first name, their last name being the name of the animal they killed + -tow (Foxwot, Bearwot, Deerwot, Wolfwot). They then are divided in two, one part worshipping Mortod in his dragon form, the other in his falcon form. They are divided into clans, according to their last name. Dragon cultists specialize in dark magic, falcon cultists in use of weapons.
    Upon reaching 32 years of age, they become elective to be part of the Adder Council. This council is composed of eight members: four dragon cultists, each from a different clan, and four falcon cultists, each from a different clan. It rules the clan and votes on important decisions. At least 6 people must be for whatever is proposed for it to go on. The council is reelected every eight years.
    Main Rituals: Eight times a year, everyone worshipping him meets in a forest. The Adder Council sacrifice the soul of a falcon to him, by each planting their staff in it. They then hold its corpse up in the air, so that its soul is absorbed by Mortod. They then cut it into eight pieces, and each eat a part of it, from which their dark magic is strengthened.
    Plans for temples: None, that would attract too much attention.
    Last edited by Sange; 2014-10-11 at 07:14 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Zurvan & Sange, would it be an issue for either of you if I made a Primordial goddess of Night? I would actually have part of her portfolio/sphere of influence (I'm kinda fuzzy on the difference there) be healing, so while there would be small amounts of overlap, it shouldn't be a huge issue. Also plenty of pantheons have gods that somewhat compete over/share an idea/thing.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Zurvan & Sange, would it be an issue for either of you if I made a Primordial goddess of Night? I would actually have part of her portfolio/sphere of influence (I'm kinda fuzzy on the difference there) be healing, so while there would be small amounts of overlap, it shouldn't be a huge issue. Also plenty of pantheons have gods that somewhat compete over/share an idea/thing.
    Sure, no problem for me. Night isn't in my portfolio.
    Elementalist of the Redcloak Fan Club

Awesome avatar by Eldan.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: The Infleanite
    Title: The Confuser
    Sphere of Influence: Inconsistency, the unplanned and unpredictable
    Portfolio: poor planning, forgetting key information at key moments, miscommunication, impulsive behavior like singing camps songs in court.
    Artistic Representation: A large flea in a cauldron of ointment resembling the world. Or biting into the turtle that holds up the world. Or biting the world directly. Or a blind woman holding a scale with a flea on one side and the universe on the other, and the woman is swinging it to and fro like it's a handbag and ignoring how scales work entirely. Or whatever, The Confuser's not picky.
    Color: White. Or black. Or, like, green with pink polka dots. Or like a zebra suit with ketchup stains. Why are you still drawing him?
    Laws: Followers must be generally untrustworthy, but cannot always break trust. They must follow the laws often enough to surprise people when they break them. If they give to the poor, they must also take from the poor, but not in equal measure. They must be tall on weekdays, and short on weekends. Or not, the Confuser's not picky.
    Obligations and restrictions: Every day, followers must make an effort to disrupt consistency. but not every every day. And sometimes they've got to do it more than once a day. Like, every week or so they've got to do it twice, or three or four times. But not every every week. They can't fall into a routine; if someone can predict what they'll do or when they'll do it, they'll fall out of favor. But if people can predict that they'll be surprised, that's no good either. They've got to have enough of a routine that they can break it.
    The Infleanite uses his power to protect his followers from the obvious consequences of their actions. But not every time.
    Dogma: From chaos you were born, in chaos you will remain.
    Customs: Followers interfere with every third god's customs. But not every every third.
    Rituals: Every seventeen weeks, followers of the Infleanite gather together, and go interfere with another god's rituals. But not every every seventeen weeks.
    Temples: It's a small hat they put on random buildings. It serves as the Temple of the Infleanite until someone decides to move the hat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I am goind to make a god soon, just not right now. Therefore I claim godism over stealth, thievery, and trickery.

Flea: He spanish inquisition wouldnt be very good followers.
    Nobody expects the spanish inquisition! Yadada blah blah... I'll come in again.
    Spoiler: Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
    Show
    Yadayada blah blah... Come in again
    Spoiler: Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!
    Show
    Nobody expects the French crusade!
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Fylleon, the Enlightener
    Show
    Name: Fylleon
    Title: The Enlightener
    Type: Structured God
    Sphere of influence: Knowledge, study of magic
    Portfolio: Magic, scholars, academies, libraries, mentors, knowledge, education, advisers, mages/wizards
    Artistic representation: The eye of an owl. The outline and pupil are black, while the color that surrounds the pupil may either be yellow or gold.
    Colors: Black, and yellow (or gold)
    Laws: Pursue an education, accumulate and preserve knowledge, and have discipline within the mind.
    Obligations and restrictions: Dark magic is forbidden. Damaging books and scroll of knowledge and lore are heavily frowned upon. Magic is to be used responsibly, and not for ill purpose.
    Dogma: Knowledge stands mightier than the sword, and more precious than any treasure. Within knowledge, there is power.
    Customs: Fylleon's followers have many customs, from spending years as scholars, to learning to become teachers and mentors to teach scholars, to building and founding schools and libraries, to practicing and teaching magic, to seeking lost or forgotten lore, and opposing dark magic (mages only of course).
    Main rituals: Whenever an academy/school or a library has been built, the elders of Fylleon bless it in his name. For mages, a scholar of magic has to go through an initiation or a test to become a mage.
    Plans for temples: Fylleon prefers academies and libraries to be built in in his honor rather than temples.

Note: Finished!
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2014-10-03 at 09:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Name: Seliles
    Title: The Lady, She of Gentle Touch, Mother of Stars, Queen of the Silver Palace, The Inevitable, Maiden of Tears & Terror
    Type: Primordial
    Sphere of influence: Night, Health, Reflections, Celestial objects
    Portfolio: darkness, health & healing, mirrors and reflections, silence, tranquility, nocturnal creatures, the stars, beauty, time, the moon, lust, sorrow, fear, dreams.
    Artistic representation: A beautiful woman with black hair in a mirror (more artistic ones will have stars in her hair, age of woman varies wildly), depictions of the moon as if it were a mirror (perhaps wearing a crown), a black tree with a person lying asleep in it's shade, a tiara of stars and silver, a black reaching or grasping hand.
    Colors: Black and Silver
    Laws: Don't break mirrors or destroy beauty.
    Obligations and restrictions: Followers are discouraged to wake the sleeping, encouraged to heal the injured, encouraged to pursue personal beauty (physical or inner, doesn't matter which, both if possible), must properly mourn the dead, must respect the creatures of the night.
    Dogma: The night comes for all. Time heals all wounds. Reflections show us ourselves and we must know ourselves first before we can understand others. The stars shine gently on the faithful, shielding from their mother's terrors.
    Customs: Followers tend to carry an object made of silver or a mirror. Followers wear at least a bit of black or silver. Some are nocturnal, others aren't. Healers, artists, astrologers, and astronomers are common among their ranks. So are spies, as they learn to mimic others. Those that are nocturnal tend to keep a nocturnal creature as a pet. Shooting stars and other celestial events are viewed as good omens, wishing upon shooting stars is so common it's probably bled into those who aren't of the faith.
    Main rituals: Various ones involving dancing during the full moon (some are really elaborate and involve mirrors). Sanctifying a tree with special oils so that it's bark and leaves turn black for use as/in a temple. Mimicking another faith's rituals, but changing it to honor Seliles instead. Staying completely silent on nights of a new moon. A minor prayer before sleeping to be kept safe from the things that lurk in the dark of night.
    Plans for temples: Circular or spherical buildings featuring a lot of black marble, onyx, obsidian, or silver (typically these have open or glass ceilings). Trees that have black bark and leaves (these might also be part of other temples). Hospitals (once people get to that point), pretty much all of them, but especially ones with previously mentioned trees on the grounds. However, temples aren't required, any place open to the stars at night will do.

Notes: The Silver Palace refers to the moon and also perhaps a palace made of silver and mirrors on the moon itself.

If magic is at all based on faith, then hers do a lot of healing and darkness manipulation and reflecting objects/magic and with enough training can even mimic the magic of other faiths. Rarer would be those who can enter dreams and do dream magic.

16. - Top - End - #16

I'm interested. I'll post something later.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Here we go!

Name: Immer Umbra (Commonly referred to as simply Immer)
    Title: Master of deceit, The Shadow
    Sphere of influence: Thievery, Deceit, Trickery
    Portfolio: Stealing, tricking, misleading, lying, hiding, conning
    Artistic representation: A warped shadow that resembles a human wih a misty form. Red eyes, occasionally horns. Also sometimes shown as a small human crouchig, holding two backwards daggers. He has a wicked smile and a glint in his eyes. The daggers have small amounts of dripping blood.
    Colors: Black, gray, white
    Laws: There are not many laws. Killing is an absolutely no no. Any killing will result in severe punishment. Stealing, tricking, deceiving are all okay. However,if you are caught in the act, there is a punishment. If you are discovered later, you are free of punishment. Stolen possessions will stay with you in the afterlife.
    Obligations and restrictions: No killing! No stealing from my temples. Lie and mislead others onto a new path.
    Dogma: Deceit leads to distrust. Distrust leads to trickery. Trickery leads to thievery. Thus it is all connected.
    Customs: Followers dress as normal people. Thieves do not steal from each other. Trickery and deceit is commonplace, and truth is not as common.
    Main rituals: Leaders of inner groups or high ranked followers earn their position by completing a series of challenging steals, lies, and trickery.
    Plans for temples: There will be few large temples. They will be black, with some red decoration. Most temples are small houses with secret passages into larger rooms for meetigs.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

I'd like in, though I may not be a tube enough to do very well.

I'll add more info about my gods when I finish my writeup.

The Alchemic Gods
    The three gods of exchange, Tahn, Ayek, and Siro.
    Each deals with the exchange of something different.
    Tahn deals in information, be it academia or political secrets.
    Ayek deals in magic, from sharing energy to selling souls.
    Siro deals in materials, which covers general trading and buying.

The primary rule of these gods is not to give freely, though some cases may appear to do so (giving charity in exchange for gratitude, for example).

These gods also have many names, which I will add later. The names involve aspects, and combinations of the gods, who are actually three bodies with one split god-soul.

They also have a dramatic secret, but that will come up later (it involves "fundamental exchanges").
    (That's be something like the first laws of thermodynamics.)
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

19. - Top - End - #19

I'll add more info later, but this is what I've got so far.

Name: Omnoi
    Title: The Author
    Type: Structured. Some argue Omnoi is Primordial
    Sphere of influence: Narrative
    Portfolio: Narrative, storytelling, books, realness, purpose, history, epics
    Artistic representation: An open book called The Book of Time
    Colors: White, Black, and Red.
    Laws:
    Dogma: Reality is a story. Everyone is a character with some purpose to play in the great narrative of life.
    Customs:
    Main rituals:
    Plans for temples: Includes libraries

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a question of considerable importance... How do we actually play? Are there rounds in which we each get an action? Do we accumulate faith and then spend it? How does the time scale work? If there are rounds, does each round represent a certain length of time or is time in flux depending on how things end up happening?
    Sorry if these questions are annoying, but it would be handy to know these things.

Anyways... Let me know if I'm stepping on anyone's toes too much.

Name: Menekiel
    Title: Soulwarden, Soulstealer, The Eternal Reaper, He Who Waits in the Dark, Winged Death, Winged Hope
    Sphere of influence: Death and Undeath
    Portfolio: Death, mourning, funerary customs, reanimation, necromancy, false hope
    Artistic representation: A scythe bearing angel clad in a hooded robe of black who flies on wings, the feathers of which are black and tarnished silver
    Colors: Black and Silver
    Laws: The disciples of Menekiel are bound by three laws. The first is to cause no death. The second is to prevent no death. The third is to deliver themselves and all they love to his embrace at the proper time, no exceptions, such that they might serve him if they are found worthy.
    Obligations and restrictions: Spread the word of Menekiel and bring all into the comfort of his shadow such that they need not fear the unknown of death. Avoid the disturbance of burial sites and funerary rites, even if they are against the rites of Menekiel
    Dogma: The followers of Menekiel believe that through him the shackles of mortality may be thrown off without the risk of losing their soul to nothingness. Once dead, their souls will serve him eternally in the company of all those they fear losing.
    Customs: Just before the waning Moon becomes completely dark and a narrow crescent remains visible, the followers of Menekiel are required to gather in silence, unless otherwise prevented. They attire themselves in black robes and make small offerings upon his altar as a priest murmurs chants and prayers to the Soulwarden. This marks the main religious observance of his disciples. Their dead are wrapped in white shrouds before being placed in catacombs and vaults rather than buried such that their bodies might be called up to serve Menekiel without having to first dig them up. Sometimes the dead are embalmed, but it is not essential. Of note, they also perform burials and funerary rites for those who are not of their following, but these unfortunate souls are instead buried in cemeteries and left to rot beneath the Earth, unless they're otherwise needed.
    Main rituals: There are two important rituals that mark important dates of his followers' lives. The first occurs shortly after their sixteenth birthday when they swear their undying devotion to Menekiel before his altar, the second occurs shortly before their death, if their death is known in advance and they are able to, when they reaffirm their devotion. Funerary rites are held immediately after death when possible and involve the anointing of the dead with myrrh as they are wrapped in shrouds before being carried in silent procession to a temple for entombment, after which there is a ten day period of ritual mourning. Those not of their faith can perform their own rites as they see fit, however burial within one of their cemeteries is always presided over by a priest of Menekiel.
    Plans for temples: Temples of Menekiel are constructed of white stone, if possible, and surmounted by at least one spire, with the largest temples having several decorated with silver. The interior is dominated by a large hall which is lit by large windows, often with a sculpted frieze. On a dais at the Western end of this hall is a smooth block of black stone that serves as an altar, often inscribed with prayers around the base. Behind the altar, a gate of either silver or iron opens onto a flight of stairs that lead down to the catacombs and crypts beneath the temple. Surrounding the temple structure itself is a shady lawn where the graves of the non-faithful are located.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

@Elemental: Well, I'd already put down black and silver for my god's colors.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think it matters that much, I also have black, so does Angsty Anubite (I also have the same colors as him.)
    Elementalist of the Redcloak Fan Club

Awesome avatar by Eldan.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sange View Post
    I don't think it matters that much, I also have black, so does Angsty Anubite (I also have the same colors as him.)
    I agree it shouldn't matter. Think of all the countries that use red white and blue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Name: Krakatoa

Title: Magmaborn

Type: Primordial God

Sphere of influence: Tectonics, Earth

Portfolio: Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Heat, Relaxation, Celebration

Artistic representation: Large, red 2 headed dragon. 4 legs with 5 toes, wings tinted with gold.

Colors: Red

Laws: Do not manipulate the tectonics of the world, or bad things happen. Not a law she specifically puts, but her whole purpose of existence is to help the planet not destroy itself through bleeding out stress in controlled earthquakes, volcanic activity, etc. So if some idiot mortals decide to try and make the planet work for them and prevent such disasters, it generally messes things up for her, causing the stress under the earth to explode.

Dogma: If you wanna have fun and enjoy your time on this rock, you gotta let the big ol' rock do her dances as well. Keeping mother Earth contained will cause her to get grumpy, and it's up to ol' Kraka to help the planet vent her stress.

Customs: There are very few people who worship Kraka. Most who live on fault lines or in sight of volcanoes revere her and hold festivals in honour of her. Kraka is generally regarded as a fun loving god who regularly hangs out with gods of partying rather than her fellow primordial gods, whom she finds to be boring and uptight, and her festivals generally are huge events filled with laughter, outrageous costumes and celebration.

Main rituals: The only ritualistic observances are found after a disaster. Incense is generally lit, and a candlelit vigil is called, with calm and quiet music native to wherever the ritual will occur. This will continue for a day and a night by the priesthood, to placate the Earth and relax the rock that Kraka helps out.

Plans for temples: Built over hot springs, the Temples are generally made of Igneous rocks - generally what the priests can find at the time. Other than post-disaster rituals, there are very few religious observances taken care of in the temples, so most days the hot springs are offered to those who wish to relax and unwind.

Decided to go with a Primordial God so we aren't an entire pantheon of dark gods.
    Last edited by Castaras; 2014-10-01 at 07:05 PM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    I'll add more info later, but this is what I've got so far.

Name: Omnoi
    Title: The Author
    Type: Structured. Some argue Omnoi is Primordial
    Sphere of influence: Narrative
    Portfolio: Narrative, storytelling, books, realness, purpose, history, epics
    Artistic representation: An open book called The Book of Time
    Colors: White, Black, and Red.
    Laws:
    Dogma: Reality is a story. Everyone is a character with some purpose to play in the great narrative of life.
    Customs:
    Main rituals:
    Plans for temples: Includes libraries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    I'd like in, though I may not be a tube enough to do very well.

I'll add more info about my gods when I finish my writeup.

The Alchemic Gods
    The three gods of exchange, Tahn, Ayek, and Siro.
    Each deals with the exchange of something different.
    Tahn deals in information, be it academia or political secrets.
    Ayek deals in magic, from sharing energy to selling souls.
    Siro deals in materials, which covers general trading and buying.

The primary rule of these gods is not to give freely, though some cases may appear to do so (giving charity in exchange for gratitude, for example).

These gods also have many names, which I will add later. The names involve aspects, and combinations of the gods, who are actually three bodies with one split god-soul.

They also have a dramatic secret, but that will come up later (it involves "fundamental exchanges").
    (That's be something like the first laws of thermodynamics.)
    Name: Fylleon
    Title: The Enlightener
    Type: Structured God
    Sphere of influence: Knowledge, study of magic
    Portfolio: Magic, scholars, academies, libraries, mentors, knowledge, education, advisers, mages/wizards
    Artistic representation: The eye of an owl. The outline and pupil are black, while the color that surrounds the pupil may either be yellow or gold.
    Colors: Black, and yellow (or gold)
    Laws: Pursue an education, accumulate and preserve knowledge, and have discipline within the mind.
    Obligations and restrictions: Dark magic is forbidden. Damaging books and scroll of knowledge and lore are heavily frowned upon. Magic is to be used responsibly, and not for ill purpose.
    Dogma: Knowledge stands mightier than the sword, and more precious than any treasure. Within knowledge, there is power.
    Customs: Fylleon's followers have many customs, from spending years as scholars, to learning to become teachers and mentors to teach scholars, to building and founding schools and libraries, to practicing and teaching magic, to seeking lost or forgotten lore, and opposing dark magic (mages only of course).
    Main rituals: Whenever an academy/school or a library has been built, the elders of Fylleon bless it in his name. For mages, a scholar of magic has to go through an initiation or a test to become a mage.
    Plans for temples: Fylleon prefers academies and libraries to be built in in his honor rather than temples.

Hmm..... Seem as though our gods happen to have similarities. Perhaps they can be related?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

It actually seems there's a lot of similarities between various gods people have made, so one would expect some kind of relation. Of course most pantheon's gods are in some way related to each other.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

So, did we ever learn the actual rules of this game? I have had so many ideas for gods, and hope that when this ends, there can be more games like it.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Seliles strikes me as preferring shiny silver, polished to a mirror-like sheen. Menekiel prefers it tarnished, not suitable for mirrors at all.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed she does.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'm thinking we need a bit more structure to balance out the four dark gods. Especially since only one of the structured gods has bothered to provide for a basic necessity of civilization prior to this post.

Name: Basil
    Titles: The Cook, The Host
    Type: Structured
    Sphere of influence: Food and Hospitality
    Portfolio: Cooking, Potions, Preservatives, The Hearth, Shelter, Warding
    Artistic representation: A jovial humanoid silouhette wielding a ladle and standing before a cooking pot.
    Colors: Muted browns and reds.
    Laws: A guest under your roof shall not be harmed. Do not waste food.
    Obligations and restrictions: Priests of The Cook shall ensure that none go without food and shall provide sanctuary for any who seek it.
    Dogma: The fires of the hearth shield us from the dark.
    Customs: Followers wear a necklace of various spices or hang strands of spices over their threshold to ward off specific evils.
    Main rituals: The first hunt of the spring recieves a ritual send-off and serves as a right of passage into adulthood. The spoils of this hunt are used along with any remaining food from winter for a celebration feast. A similar festival is held at harvest time, at which time new priests are dedicated. During the summer and winter solstices, the priests fast for three days. These are known as the holy fast of plenty and the pure fast of famine.
    Plans for temples: Basil's priests do not have temples, they run inns.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2014-10-02 at 10:57 PM.
    The BareFoot Programmer