New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1510
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Well, shoot. I was hoping to get Medieval going before August, but I guess I'll take the August 4th slot...

Maybe I'll run something small to tide me over.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Query: Do I need to sign up for a spot in the schedule for a game with exactly 20 players?

Edit: Penguinator, your inbox is full. Stop that.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-06-05 at 12:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Query: Do I need to sign up for a spot in the schedule for a game with exactly 20 players?

*Sigh* I keep taking out four or five, but it never stays empty.

I hope they'll bring back the "always aware of your PM box" box. That was a lot more useful than when you can only see it at the bottom of your inbox.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-06-05 at 01:09 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I'm a bit of a Disney nerd.

I don't want to discuss the roles that are in your game, yet, but... if you have a concept and want to float it to me, PM me.

I want to see what you're driving at, and then decide if I want to join or help narrate.

If your Disney themed game has anything to do with my top favorite Disney movies, I'd probably explode with ideas.
    Really? I challenge you to Disney Nerd-ness.

Or I would except I'm going to be away.

GOING TO BE AWAY FOR THE NEXT FOUR DAYS, WILL MISS A PHASE ETC ETC ETC.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

Ramsus! *hugs*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

*looks at the hug and tries to determine if it is a yes or no*

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

No, the hug is a maybe. The answer is no, you don't have to schedule a game of 20 players or less.

But it is nice to let Central know when you begin recruitment, so I can add you to the schedule anyway.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looks like I forgot to schedule early, put me down for Dream WW in the next available slot.
    Speaking of Dream WW, I need a co-narrator, ideally someone with an idea for a mythology or something that fits with the idea.
    For those who don't read the Pub, here are my initial thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The villagers are entering into a dream world to defeat a dream goddess/dragon/whoever. The goddess fills the world with figments and shadows, and the villagers forget who is a dreamer and who is imagination. Each Day, by sheer collective force of will, they expel someone from the dream; dreamers wake up, and figments disappear. The dreamers and the goddess have triple the force of will of the figments. If they lynch the goddess, she scatters and during the night occupies another figment. Each night, the figments, under the direction of the goddess, mentally attack one of the villagers. Most villagers are strong willed enough to survive one such attack, but will succumb to coma upon a second. If the villagers can expel the goddess when she has no remaining figments to retreat to, she loses her power and everyone wakes up. If they instead are overwhelmed by her figments, they may never wake up.
    There are some who are more in tune with the dream. They can wield special powers within it, but cannot bring to bear their full force of will, with the same power as a figment during the Day, and are vulnerable to mental attacks, succumbing to just one.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hate to have game hosts compete, but I've been churning around ideas for mythology and dream-based stuff since I was 15 years old.

I have a big huge idea that I just cannot commit to paper, but I'd be interested in seeing some of it come alive.

Pm me Sapo.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Argh, I should have added my D&D thing to the schedule earlier, even if I'm not at all finished with it. Well, when's the next available slot? I'll take that I guess.

Also a relevant query. What's the policy on changing how many games can be scheduled at the same time? (Week/month/however it is we do things.) Cuz it seems like we have a decent amount of players right now what with new ones showing up and some old ones coming back and such. (Though it's just a question, I have absolutely no idea if increasing the amount of games going at once would actually be a good idea or not.)

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

Also a relevant query. What's the policy on changing how many games can be scheduled at the same time? (Week/month/however it is we do things.) Cuz it seems like we have a decent amount of players right now what with new ones showing up and some old ones coming back and such. (Though it's just a question, I have absolutely no idea if increasing the amount of games going at once would actually be a good idea or not.)
    It's true that the player base has bounced back a little, but it's not back to 2008/9 levels really. The players who have returned also seem to be picking and choosing their games a bit more, which is fair, especially if it lets them play without burnout. Personally I'd be cautious in expanding the amount of games on offer for now, but that's just my opinion.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Firbolg in the Playground

The rules for how many games can be scheduled at a time haven't changed since before I started playing, and we had way more players then than I think we do now.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #1183

Schoolhouse WW is submitted and pending for being posted

The game won't start for 3-4 more weeks, but because of the slightly complex nature of the game I decided to start recruitment early so people can ask questions about the game before it starts.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm ok with that timeline actually. I'm in 4 games right now, and going a bit crazy. Thought it was only 3 but I'd forgotten Careless...

I will sign up, and hopefully things will be slower in a month or so.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm gone for seven to nine days, yada yada...

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #1186

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I'm gone for seven to nine days, yada yada...
    Make sure to get in your preemptive votes+actions in Toy Story.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I hate to have game hosts compete, but I've been churning around ideas for mythology and dream-based stuff since I was 15 years old.

I have a big huge idea that I just cannot commit to paper, but I'd be interested in seeing some of it come alive.

Pm me Sapo.
    NO! YOU SHALL BE MINE!!! MUA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

ahem.

Seriously though, if you're going with Sap, be sure to inform me so I can get another co-narrator, ok?
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Do It Yourself WW is now a thing. And is currently recruiting. It will start pretty much as soon as it gets full and I sort through the stuff I need to to start it.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will be able to play and join games, but please note I'm very sick and won't be as talkative, and I'll need to put serious discussions about narration of upcoming games on hold. Feeling quite weak atm.

@ Sapo and Sabeki- I'm still interested but give me a few days.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-06-09 at 03:27 AM.
    Fleeing Coward: "We're both agreed that Banjo and I should be the next 2 to die, why are you so desperate to lynch me over Banjo today?"
    Pizzaguy: "Because there is a void, an emptiness in my soul, from having killed poor Eldritch Knight. And I can fill that void with your corpse, and put my danged pizza back on my avatar."

Pizzaguy: "I'm gonna try and bane the folks you try to murder. It will be a fun game of cat and mouse."

Pizzaguy: "Mason, Baner, Seer, is not a coincidence."

20. - Top - End - #1190

Overnight busses are crap. I'll be officially spending the next few hours catching up with what I have missed.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

21. - Top - End - #1191

Going on vacation, will have sporadic internet access.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

And WW Classified has started!
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

What's the protocal for starting a small game? I'd like to run one soon.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    What's the protocal for starting a small game? I'd like to run one soon.
    2 games 20 players or less can start each week along with one bigger game. You may reserve a spot, but you do not have to.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    2 games 20 players or less can start each week along with one bigger game. You may reserve a spot, but you do not have to.
    So, I can just start recruiting when I feel like it, provided that two other people haven't already?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    So, I can just start recruiting when I feel like it, provided that two other people haven't already?
    You can start recruiting when you want for any game. It is just the start date that matters. If you want a game with under 20 players, you can (basically) start whenever you want, since small games don't happen twice a week (usually).

Anyone can correct me if I am incorrect.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I'm having. I made a recruitment thread a while ago and I barely have half the players I need to start.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

World of Darkness II has just been submitted for moderator approval. I need a rather optimistic amount of players to proceed, so we'll see how that goes.

Oh, and don't be put off by the PG Content warning in the title. I've been advised to put that in before because some of the narrations in WoD can get pretty rough, but there shouldn't be anything that will give you too many bad dreams.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2014-06-20 at 06:57 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi guys...I am posting away from my games for the weekend at least due to a massive migraine. Sorry I can't focus on the screen.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    World of Darkness II has just been submitted for moderator approval. I need a rather optimistic amount of players to proceed, so we'll see how that goes.

Oh, and don't be put off by the PG Content warning in the title. I've been advised to put that in before because some of the narrations in WoD can get pretty rough, but there shouldn't be anything that will give you too many bad dreams.
    Am I blind or has this really not been approved yet?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.