New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 51

[Abandoned Building]

Tobias looks for a way to communicate directly with this AI. But he's not very good with computers, so it may take him awhile.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Blue Zone- Alleyway

The boy is killed by the burst of gunfire, bullets penetrating most of his internal organs. He continues on his trajectory, but he'll be dead by the time he hits.

Half-drow girl is now on her own, and doesn't like her chances. She scampers up the wall, heading for a window into an old attic through which she can escape.

Dead human girl is still dead, and her corpse has finished deflating as the next generation of creepy child things slowly writhe away from their dead parent. The larvae seem to be large black maggots, and they move surprisingly fast, heading for the darkness of the garbage piles further down the alleyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Snip!
    It's not long after Dante runs off that a certain miniature reptile takes notice of him. Gulping down the bacon he was eating and grabbing a small square of cardboard off the ground, he flies up to him, hovering a respectful distance away and matching his speed with the square board clutched in his claws. The little coppery-gold dragon is about nine inches tall, and makes a quick Raac! sound, which makes a few silvery words appear on the square. They are:
    You ok? New around?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Hospital

"Well, you have come all this way so you better try now. I have been in a mindscape myself to I know there can be issues. So just try your command first and if that doesn't work try to enter her mind. Otherwise I just have to attempt to use the artifact instead." Then him coming here would be pretty pointless though.
    DC nods. "Might as well start with the simple solution."

And it is at this point that the comatose maid is sent a simple psychic command. Wake up. What, you expected it to be something different?
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    It's not long after Dante runs off that a certain miniature reptile takes notice of him. Gulping down the bacon he was eating and grabbing a small square of cardboard off the ground, he flies up to him, hovering a respectful distance away and matching his speed with the square board clutched in his claws. The little coppery-gold dragon is about nine inches tall, and makes a quick Raac! sound, which makes a few silvery words appear on the square. They are:
    You ok? New around?
    The dragon briefly startles Dante. It's enough for the headache to flare up again. This time, as Dante's eyes flare up, a potted plant on a nearby windowsill explodes. The dragon flies up to Dante with his little message board and the words appear.

Uncertain of how to respond, Dante nods yes.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets

The dragon gives him a sympathetic look as the words vanish. With another Raac! more words appear
    Can I help? (he turns it over)
    I can talk, bt only in ur head. U mind?
    He was apparently running out of room and needed to drop letters.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Streets

The dragon gives him a sympathetic look as the words vanish. With another Raac! more words appear
    Can I help? (he turns it over)
    I can talk, bt only in ur head. U mind?
    He was apparently running out of room and needed to drop letters.
    "Can you understand what I'm saying?" It seems like an obvious question, but Dante doesn't take any risks. "You should probably stay out of my head. Right now it's a mess. It might be dangerous for all I know."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Running a gun store in the Nexus is hard. You usually get enough to stay open from the general populace, and most people that have a reason to rob a gun store aren't well-armed enough to rob a gun store.

Every once in a while, however, there is a group that has a couple guns and decides they need MORE guns. In this case, the group is a collection of street toughs with a few cybernetic enhancements. They can be seen through the front of the store, taking their pick of the merchandise while Sam Smith looks on.

A call has gone out to Remnant, but I doubt that Smith and Sons will turn down any help they can get...

Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-03-05 at 05:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    "Can you understand what I'm saying?" It seems like an obvious question, but Dante doesn't take any risks. "You should probably stay out of my head. Right now it's a mess. It might be dangerous for all I know."
    The little dragon nods. With a shake, the words clear. And new ones appear!
    Don't worry bout me, I'm a pro.
    (flip)
    I'm just asking if YOU mind.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The little dragon nods. With a shake, the words clear. And new ones appear!
    Don't worry bout me, I'm a pro.
    (flip)
    I'm just asking if YOU mind.
    "Do I mind?" Dante hesitates. There is something quite disarming about the tiny dragon. "I don't know. I... guess not?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets

The dragon, looking quite pleased, throws the board away. Dante will at this point hear his voice in his head. Although it might be a bit odd, it shouldn't be especially unpleasant unless something on his end makes it so. He sounds as if he'd be between twelve and fourteen if he was human, and has an oddly friendly tone.
    Thanks a lot; you have no idea how annoying it is to be able to talk and not being able to actually do so. Anyway, I can do this sort of thing one-way, so any of the crap going on in your head can't touch me at all. Oh, and I'm Zebes, by the way.
    (I pronounce it Zee-bs, by the way. Yeah, i know it's weird.)

12. - Top - End - #42

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Some time after encountering the young amnesiac, Imesah is walking by the gun store when the robbery is in progress. She isn't aware of Remnant approaching, so she decides it's her duty to help. She might manage to intimidate the thugs with her heavy leather armor and the sword and shield that she carries.

Imesah goes through the front door, if it opens. "Cease your thievery and leave here," she begins.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

In the front of the store is a trio of the thugs. One of them, who has added metal pauldrons right to his shoulders, looks at Imesah, and smiles.

"Let's shoot her."

One of the other thugs pulls out a pistol, one picks up a hunting rifle off of the pile, and the apparent leader reaches behind the counter and pulls out an SMG. Imesah has a moment to react before the trio opens fire.

14. - Top - End - #44

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah barely has time to raise her shield to protect her face before the trio opens fire on her. Her armor and shield don't look like they're able to deflect gunfire, but the manage to protect her. While being fired on, she pulls a piece of canvas from a small bag and lightning starts to crackle from it. Whenever the gunfire stops, she lowers her shield to throw a lightning spear at the leader. The shock won't kill him, but it will knock him flat if it hits.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

The Clock Tower

There is a large tower looking over inside, this is the same tower Enshadu flew into before plummeting down to Earth and losing his almost invincible shell. The clock has been repaired by whoever does these kinds of things, probably nameless NPC's. It's a large wooden tower with a well-built clock. The entire building resembles Big Ben, but much smaller. Everyone in Inside, and probably GloG and a few of the other local Organizations probably see it every day as they walk around. For this reason, Enshadu has made plans for it. Since his reprogramming, he's been doing his best to be as evil as possible. He needed to do something impressive Calublufiok said, so he thought he'd start with a public spectacle of sorts.

The android had walked through Inside wearing a massive black cloak over his purple coat and clothing. His hood covers his face and he walks in the shadows. He has a medium-sized black suitcase in his hands. He soon moves over to the clocktower. He then teleports to the top, inside the clocktower. In a few seconds he appears here, inside the tower, just behind the clock. He begins to whistle "Pop Goes the Weasel" absentmindedly. He sets down the suitcase and pulls out a 5 inch thickboard out of it, which he begins to fold out into a larger board with a small glowing ball built in the middle. He begins to take out a small remote control, and presses some buttons. A very large crate then appears on the teleportation board, sent from The Factory.

He moves this crate with his inhuman strength and soon three more have appeared. He sets these to the side and waits for his lieutenant to appear with his own "package". Enshadu sits on a crate and then begins to whistle. Now it's just waiting.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The leader will take a bolt to the gut and fall down. The one with the hunting rifle will shoot some more, but given the fact that he's not using the ironsights it's obvious he's used to a more inaccurate gun. The guy with the pistol, on the other hand, tries to shoot but his pistol jams. He throws it down and pulls out a combat knife instead.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Abandoned Building]

Tobias looks for a way to communicate directly with this AI. But he's not very good with computers, so it may take him awhile.
    The "Advanced Controls" menu contains a communication program. However, the AI has no access to a system it can communicate through.
    Running a Warlock in a 3.5 game. Because Warlocks are fun.

Dragons are officially awesome. All arguments against this are null and void.

FFRP characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah puts away her Talisman while still being shot at with a hunting rifle. As she unsheathes the longsword at her hip, she starts to step toward the other two. She doesn't want to kill them, but she can knock them out with the hilt of her blade.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    DC nods. "Might as well start with the simple solution."

And it is at this point that the comatose maid is sent a simple psychic command. Wake up. What, you expected it to be something different?
    ((Sorry I missed this.))

It looks like it might work for a moment, and then she doesn't. It seems like her mind is elsewhere, still connected to her body but not actually doing something with it. Telling her to wake up just makes her wake up wherever she is, instead of in her real body.

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The one with the rifle takes a moment to get more ammo and re-load his gun, while the one with the knife charges forward, intending to slash her with his blade. He has a fair amount of experience knife-fighting, it seems, as he uses proper combat maneuvers instead of just stabbing blindly.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-03-05 at 08:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah responds to the knife slash by swiping at it with her shield, hoping to deflect the knife and the man's arm at once. If it's successful, then she moves forward to bash the hilt of her sword into his throat.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The thug gets a hilt to the neck and staggers back a bit. The thug with a gun takes aim, and is about to fire when he's distracted.

"Man, these guys keep all the best stuff behind the counter!"

Oh, right, the thug behind the counter. He stands up, having found what appears to be a heavy machine gun. He flips out a bipod and sets it on the counter. The thug with a rifle gives him a thumbs-up. "Excellent find, my man, excellent find."

22. - Top - End - #52

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah tries to bash her shield onto Knife Guy's face. She's about to go for Gun Guy, but the she hears Counter Guy speaking again. She looks over and sees him setting up another one of these strange weapons. Rather than hesitate, she dashes over to jump over the counter and punch the thug in the face.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The knife fellow is knocked further off-balance, but stays standing. The guy behind the counter is then punched in the face, but also stays standing and tries to retaliate with a haymaker. Gun thug takes aim, but doesn't shoot yet, hesitating for some reason.

24. - Top - End - #54

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah is also punched, but the haymaker doesn't affect her much. She's taken much worse than a haymaker before. Her response isn't actually physical. Counter Guy might notice a brief flash of light before a pulse of magic that is meant to knock him over again.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The counter guy is knocked over. The guy with the gun frowns at her "Stop standing in front of the guns! We need those!"

The guy with the knife recovers and jumps on top of the counter, and tries to stab her from there.

26. - Top - End - #56

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

Imesah is too busy trying to punch the guy that was knocked over again to respond to the guy telling her to move. The knife guy is free to try and stab her, but unless he or the knife are unusually strong, the knife probably won't penetrate the reinforced armor. It might even bend as a result.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smith and Sons Gun Shop

The guy's knife bounces off her armor, and he's surprised. The guy on the ground is punched again, but isn't out yet. These guys are tougher than they look... the guy with a knife tries to stab her somewhere where her armor is not!

The guy with the gun is just annoyed. How is he supposed to shoot at her without hitting some of the loot? And the other guys would probably be ticked if he shot them.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The Clock Tower

There is a large tower looking over inside, this is the same tower Enshadu flew into before plummeting down to Earth and losing his almost invincible shell. The clock has been repaired by whoever does these kinds of things, probably nameless NPC's. It's a large wooden tower with a well-built clock. The entire building resembles Big Ben, but much smaller. Everyone in Inside, and probably GloG and a few of the other local Organizations probably see it every day as they walk around. For this reason, Enshadu has made plans for it. Since his reprogramming, he's been doing his best to be as evil as possible. He needed to do something impressive Calublufiok said, so he thought he'd start with a public spectacle of sorts.

The android had walked through Inside wearing a massive black cloak over his purple coat and clothing. His hood covers his face and he walks in the shadows. He has a medium-sized black suitcase in his hands. He soon moves over to the clocktower. He then teleports to the top, inside the clocktower. In a few seconds he appears here, inside the tower, just behind the clock. He begins to whistle "Pop Goes the Weasel" absentmindedly. He sets down the suitcase and pulls out a 5 inch thickboard out of it, which he begins to fold out into a larger board with a small glowing ball built in the middle. He begins to take out a small remote control, and presses some buttons. A very large crate then appears on the teleportation board, sent from The Factory.

He moves this crate with his inhuman strength and soon three more have appeared. He sets these to the side and waits for his lieutenant to appear with his own "package". Enshadu sits on a crate and then begins to whistle. Now it's just waiting.

Zane emerges from the shadows, taking his place beside Enshadu. Is everything in order? Have you selected anyone in particular? There is no emotion behind these questions. Hardly any curiousity...
    Also, a phoenix is perched in the rafters.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Streets

The dragon, looking quite pleased, throws the board away. Dante will at this point hear his voice in his head. Although it might be a bit odd, it shouldn't be especially unpleasant unless something on his end makes it so. He sounds as if he'd be between twelve and fourteen if he was human, and has an oddly friendly tone.
    Thanks a lot; you have no idea how annoying it is to be able to talk and not being able to actually do so. Anyway, I can do this sort of thing one-way, so any of the crap going on in your head can't touch me at all. Oh, and I'm Zebes, by the way.
    (I pronounce it Zee-bs, by the way. Yeah, i know it's weird.)
    The voice in his head is... weird. If Dante understood the metarphor he would compare it to getting static or interference with the voice. In fact, now that he's listening to the voice inside his head, he thinks he hears... other things. Unsettling things. They might be voices, they might be something else... "Dante. That's... really all I can remember. That and I don't think I'm from around here."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Cheap Motel or Hotel]

Amelia is frowning not sure if she could say anything to convince the pair that she is telling the truth. She figures that if she gets knocked out she is a dead woman. So now is the time to try and make her escape. Now that Kirk is in front of her and she can see him again she figures this is her best and probably only bet. Luckly she doesn't need to use hand motions for her magic, not anymore at least.

She figures a distraction might be able to help so without looking she summons up two solid pices of light, one to shatter the window by the door, another to tip over a standing lamp so it falls in Kirk's direction. It might look like someone threw something into the window and hit the lamp, except that nothing flew through the air. Though it is surprising how many people probably wouldn't notice that.

Meanwhile she is going to summon up two sharp blades of light under her arms to grow out and cut the ropes keeping arms tied to the chair. If she gets her arms free the lightblades disappear and will reapear to try and cut her legs and back free as well.
    [Cheap Motel or Hotel]

Kirk's attention is drawn to the window, but not so much that he doesn't catch the lamp before it hits him. "What the hell is that?" Who's throwing things through the window now of all time? Just when they have Amelia. Kirk looks back at their captive after only a moment, but it'll be enough time for her to act.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-03-06 at 09:05 AM.