New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #421
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM

I have a group looking to play some DnD 5e, we just need a DM.
    There are 4 of us so far (including me) and one maybe.
    We need a DM that is okay with house rules and new players, as one of the members has never played before.
    Also, either know how to make use of Roll20 features such as macros and turn order, or be willing to learn how. I'd be glad to teach you some stuff if you dont already know how.
    Hope to hear from someone soon, thanks for your time :D

2. - Top - End - #422
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'm looking to play a small 3.5 game driven by characters personalities and actions rather than simply combat, where the best stat-sheet does not mean the best character. I've never played a forum based game before but I am a long time player of 3.5 (dabbled in Modern and Star Wars as well) IRL and have never looked on Giant before.

I'm open to any type of game with any restrictions but am very hopeful, PM me if you are interested!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

We're currently looking for a GM for a potential E6 Game possibly using the Gnorman variant, there are six people interested in playing so far, but I'd like to have a GM, to have gotten over that hurdle.

>GM Spot Filled<
    Last edited by Acco Spoot; 2014-11-13 at 12:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lookimg for gm and players for vampire the masquerade here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...e-game-request

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking to join a pathfinder game or a 3.5 game.

I REALLY like to play wizards in 3.5

and Psions in Pathfinder.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

About 5 of us looking for a 5e DM for a lower/mid-level starting point.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Players-needed

7. - Top - End - #427
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Looking for a 3.5 group to join. I would like to be in a more roleplay driven scenario instead of just smash-and-grab like I've played in the past.
    Never stop rolling!

-Z

Nexus Characters: Myzid

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Looking for someone to DM a Firefly game.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Wanting to try out Psychic Warrior for the first time. No particular desires beyond that but preferably starting above 1st but low level.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

I've got a couple games looking for a DM. Thanks in advance to anybody who considers DMing.

The first is a PF lvl 20 Tristalt arena competition started by Mousedigits; here's the link.

The other is a game where the players are professors at a wizarding school, each the master of their subject. While the OP requested 5e as the base system, some players have been open to a 3.0/3.5/3.P/PF version of the concept, provided someone agree to DM. Here's the link.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I'm looking for a GM who's willing to run a solo game of Pathfinder, of any kind.

Here's the thread.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!
    (Yeah call me empy, and also I am not actually female)

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like yo play a E6, low magic (as in almost non existant and with a focus away of combat. I think it could be interesting to make combat actually something that you have a very real risk of dying from. Could also be sandbox.

13. - Top - End - #433

DruidGuy

Post Re: Seeking a DM

I am looking for a Dungeon Master to run a game with me and my friends to help get them into Dungeons and Dragons.
    I would wish the game to start as some sort of low level to help show them progression of their classes.
    I would like to play 3.5(which is the edition i know) but 5th edition would be fine.
    The only real thing we need is for the game to be played over Skype (or some other platform) in tandem with some sort of other program.
    I hope to enjoy the adventure that awaits!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Looking for someone to run a newbie friendly NWoD fanline Princess The Hopeful campaign. PM me if you're interested in running it here, or visit This Thread on RPoL because there's some interest over there.
    Last edited by MReav; 2014-12-02 at 04:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

We are currently searching for an ST for a game of Exalted.

Recruitment thread is here

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Do you like pathfinder? Do you like Warcraft pre-WoW?

Well, now you can enjoy both things as you over-see a fun, character driven game set in the World of Azeroth!

The Recruitment thread is Right Here!

Please don't be intimidated by Homebrewing for we would never seek to impede upon your sovereignty as master of laws, O Mighty One. Nor should you concern yourself with the petty squabbles of the minor mortals that occupy the thread, for we are but worms without your glorious presence, O Great One.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

17. - Top - End - #437

DrowGirl

Looking for a wonderful GM to run a horror underdark game, we have a full party of players interested. PM me if you are too :)

Current Characters: (PF) Ruh'ka the Reckless,
    (PF) Camilla Courtier,
    (PF) BooM BooM the Goblin,
    (EotE) Kirsi Ordo

18. - Top - End - #438
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Historical Grand Strategy Game

Hey folks!

I've just found this forum and it looks cool.
    I've been desperately searching for play-by-forum or play-by-email games where each player takes on a country in medieval Europe. The game then rolls through time, monarchs die, new ones come, but the player remains in control of the country. Much like the Medieval: Total War or Europa Universalis series.

I had found one game, but it soon died. It was based on Statecraft (http://www.scribd.com/doc/99182929/S...UBLICBETA-v1-0).

We could use this or any other system, the main thing is that it should be set in medieval Europe with actual countries, so no magic and other fantasy stuff.

Anyone interested?

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Brail View Post
    I have a group looking to play some DnD 5e, we just need a DM.
    There are 4 of us so far (including me) and one maybe.
    We need a DM that is okay with house rules and new players, as one of the members has never played before.
    Also, either know how to make use of Roll20 features such as macros and turn order, or be willing to learn how. I'd be glad to teach you some stuff if you dont already know how.
    Hope to hear from someone soon, thanks for your time :D
    Is there any chance I could join your group to playtest a homebrew class?

If not: Seeking DM for dnd 5e Dragon Queen/Mines game for the purpose of play testing homebrew classes on roll20. If you have a homebrew class (or archetype, feat, race, etc etc) that needs play testing for balance, feel free to join.

Recruitment Thread:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?388056-Dnd-5e-Homebrew-Playtest-Campaign-on-Roll20
    Last edited by bloodshed343; 2014-12-13 at 10:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

I only need two questions answered.

1) Are you a DM?

2) Are you a little bit evil?

If the answer to both questions is 'yes', then I've got a game for you! Another player and I are looking for a GM to run the two of us as a villainous duo, mischief evil game. 3.5, mid-level preferred (anywhere between 6th and 10th level). The link is here.

Come join the dark side... (we have cookies)
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2014-12-14 at 12:14 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

smile Re: Seeking a DM

I don't recall ever using this thread except to find players, and I don't know how often requests get picked up, but here goes:

I've been roleplaying for about five years now, almost exclusively in a play-by-post format. I've GM'd several times with mixed success (simply due to the natural attrition rate of pbp-ing, I suppose) in various systems. My internet has been wonky as of late and I can't fully commit to any of the games I had applied to several weeks ago... actually (gosh) over a month ago now. I thrive on solo games, both as a player and GM, and find that party games tend to get too overwhelming regarding opportunities for character development. It can happen, sure, but I'd rather not let anyone down if I lose 'net for a month (again). I need to be upfront about my slow posting frequency, which varies at times but depends wholly upon certain ISP's getting their ducks in a row. All that's just a bit of introduction and explanation for what I'm looking for...

I'd like for someone to GM a solo game for me with heavy character development and with emphasis on survival, stealth, non-lethal (which is not to say non-violent) tactics, and something not overly epic. I'd be content to play a thief who's just starting out in the world, struggling just to make a week's wages picking pockets - and who is nowhere close to delving haunted dungeons (yet). Perhaps a fledgling mage, or even post-apocalyptic hunter. A vampire or werewolf might do - I'm finding myself intrigued to try a novice one of those as well. I tend to like beast races and underdogs (Argonians, Half-Orcs, Gnomes, Droids, etc.) for some reason, and I'm familiar with the following systems: Star Wars Saga, d20, GURPS 3e, Atomic Highway, Marvel Super Heroes (the TSR one), and I have the book for Vampire: The Masquerade Twentieth Anniversary Edition but haven't had the opportunity to use it. I also have several other (free) systems that haven't seen much use (Labyrinth Lord, for instance, or the Pathfinder SRD online) but which may work out nicely.

I apologize in advance for the desperate nature of this post but... well, I see others doing it, so why not? ;)

Thanks to all who took the time to read and consider! PM me if you're interested in working something out. Happy Gaming!

-BW
    Marcus Okin, End of Days
    [MHRPG] Breakout: IC OOC
    [Toypocalypse] Some Assembly Required IC OOC
    MHRPG Cyclops

22. - Top - End - #442

BlackDragon

Anyone want to run Numenera or The Strange by Monte Cook? We've got players anxious to play either one!

Take control of a weird and futuristic world with very easy creature design and simple GM control dynamics.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...players-needed

23. - Top - End - #443
    Pixie in the Playground

I've found this website: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Your_Dynasty/index.php?
    "Welcome to Dynasty, the Middle Ages simulator in which you lead a family from humble roots to glorious heights."
    It does sound nice, but this game died before it ever started. Nevertheless, I think either this very setup or something along these lines would be an engaging game for many.
    Who's up for it?

24. - Top - End - #444

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in running a ASOIAF-set game using Hillfolk DramaSystem? Low on PvP, high on character interaction and narrative.
    “The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.”

- Ernest Hemingway

25. - Top - End - #445
    Colossus in the Playground

Got a group of first time players looking to play D&D Next/5E. Here's the thread. We're looking for something simple and fun.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking for a DM with the patience to teach a complete newbie (when I say complete newbie, I really mean 100% complete newbie) about Tabletop game mechanics. Directing me to the relevant rules, pointing out the important stuff, providing a newbie-friendly environment where I can learn with minimal frustration for all parties, etc.

To see how horrible my RP is, you can take a look at my posts in the FFRP Trog's Tavern
    Last edited by goto124; 2014-12-25 at 10:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    Looking for a DM with the patience to teach a complete newbie (when I say complete newbie, I really mean 100% complete newbie) about Tabletop game mechanics. Directing me to the relevant rules, pointing out the important stuff, providing a newbie-friendly environment where I can learn with minimal frustration for all parties, etc.

To see how horrible my RP is, you can take a look at my posts in the FFRP Trog's Tavern
    I'm not sure exactly what you are after but I would be happy to run a play-by-post game for you. PM if you are interested.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

I'm looking for a GM willing to run a solo-or-small-group 1st-level Pathfinder game. My timezone is GMT-6, and I have work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I am good only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, alas. :(

29. - Top - End - #449
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looking for a DM to run a game of the Shattered Star AP in Pathfinder with basically only Paizo material. We already have a good number of players putting forth character ideas.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

30. - Top - End - #450

DwarfBarbarianGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...finder-Gestalt

I'm looking for someone to GM a Pathfinder Gestalt campaign. Preferably something high-powered, but not necessarily high-level. A few other players have expressed interest.