New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,027 of 1027

Thread: Seeking a DM

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a DM

Trio of experienced players seeking a 3.5 game. Online of course, Roll20, discord, etc.
    Very specific time frame: Saturdays, evening (9PM+) EST, every other week (Feb 25th as first potential date).
    Open-minded as to content, concept, etc.
    Last edited by A.M.; 2023-02-11 at 12:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Hello there. I am hoping to find more games to play in. Preferably AD&D 2e but 1e can also work, and hoping to play as a Drow Psionicist I've had waiting to be played for a good while, so hoping to find a game where the DM isn't stingy about Psionics. In the Central European Timezone at the moment so aiming for either the evenings my time in the week days or mainly hoping to play in the weekends, either late Fridays or Saturdays.

Hoping to hear back from anyone.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default 4 Small Mages Walk Into A Bar

So, two friends and I spent about a month setting everything up for a high-level 3.5 (3.X) game featuring two of us playing lvl 19 characters each with a lvl 17 Cohort and the third DMing. Good News / Bad News situation, the third friend (read: DM) had an issue of the 'laptops can overheat and go kaput because cat hair is bad for intake fans' variety and is in not interested in trying to DM a pbp game via mobile phone.

So, we are left with 4 very unique characters with an interesting party composition concept that we've been very excited to get started on...and now have no DM.

The main points for the theme we decided on were 'everyone must be able to cast high-level arcane spells', as the story was 4 students of a vague 'adventuring academy' of some kind in the city of Sigil. Disheartened at their prospects for 'adventuring parties' with dumb fighters, shifty rogues, and goody-two-shoes clerics, and wanting to prove that 'you can't have an adventuring party of all casters' was total BS, they formed their own party. Eventually, they graduated, and started going on extraplanar adventures, taking missions from a vague 'planar adventurer's guild'.

Essentially an all-mage 4-person group of high-level adventurers using their magic to fill traditional 'party roles' and styling on the normie adventurers whilst having fun plane-hopping and fighting evil. Basically putting the 'What if you run out of spells tho?!' counterargument to the test. Sooooo....if any DM is interested in picking up a game and wants to know more...hit us up and drop me a PM and we can go over the details of the character creation rules we used and links to character sheets to get a feel for things? Hate to let the concept go to waste! :)
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2023-04-24 at 06:11 PM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm seeking a DM for Hells Rebels:
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...-Hell-s-Rebels

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

While I take up the mantle of GM, I want to keep being a player, so me being the GM for this role play is temporary for a great RP of mine, Reincarnation Wars.

Reincarnation Wars

Reincarnation Wars (Reincarnation Syndrome, as it's called this time) is about a multiverse, where protagonists are given the mysterious powers Reincarnation "Syndrome". Once thought of as merely psychological, RS is a "condition" where the ones with it gain the power(s) of people throughout the multiverse. They are reincarnations of these fictional characters, such as Superman (DC), Wolverine (Marvel), etcetera. So far we have been playing for months but we still haven't gotten very far. In RW we have boarded The SS Big, a huge air craft carrier sized ship that houses 17,000 residents, functioning as it's own town. This ship is important to the story line of the role play. Currently the various characters are doing their own thing throughout the other dimensions.

Each player is taking the reigns of their own "player worlds" as GMs, to lighten the load for the Game Master.

Reincarnation Syndrome
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2023-04-15 at 06:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

I am an experienced player, but HATE the application process one has to go through online, it feels unnatural in a way having to apply for a game when one normally sits around a table with friends and has no need to go through any such process at all, lol.

I am looking for a DM who is interested in running a long term game with 3-5 players, set in Forgotten Realms, set initially around the Moonsea/ Dales are, with interest in certain assets from that area, with characters around the range of level 10-15 to start off with.

Basically shakers and movers, but not top-dogs.
    I am personally looking at wanting to play an L.N Human Paragon/ Dread Necromancer/ Merchant Prince? with his/her eyes on finding his body (his dead body was "disposed off" by the Pit Fiend pretending now to be Orgauth, previous DM hinted that his body was kept in the Iron Tower of Dis, which makes getting the body an ordeal by itself, which I'm totally cool with.) and Raising Lord Orgauth Denuthsson from the dead, to some semblance of intelligent undead form (Corpse Creature from BoVD) and teaming up with him some way, though not needlessly evil, obviously.
    I could even see him being an Corpse Creature himself, promoting anti-Zhentism.

I'd want to have my scrub be Aristocrat 2-4 perhaps..as a base to start with.

Hopefully the Dm would not be shy towards Leadership/ Undead Leadership, but likewise the players should not be min-maxing to the 4th degree nonsense, hence why I like getting Orgauth, coz he's a warrior-merchant, not a item-creation-factory-mage, lol, whether I'd get control of him via any form of leadership or as part of the undead under my control is up for debate. (I've statted him up as a lvl 11 char.)

Edit; I should mention 3.5 Ed. as the system used, lol, if that wasn't obvious yet.
    And a 40? Point buy system?

Further rant/ ideas;
    It would be funny to have all players play some form of undead, just not Vampire (to high of a Lvl Adj.) so have an all undead party? Maybe Gestalt?, not needed, but could make being undeads via classes in Libris Mortis easier.
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2023-10-17 at 09:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Hey there,

I’m looking for someone who’d be willing to GM a freeform solo game taking place in the Defiance of the Fall universe.

The game could take place here, on Discord or pretty much everywhere you’d want, all up to you.

Don’t hesitate to PM if it’s something you’d be willing to do!