New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poor Malack

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Poor Malack

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction, too.

In response to Rakoa... erm... 115 year old spoilers? I guess?
    Yeah, I did consider spoilering it...but then I thought, really? If you haven't read Dracula by now you probably never will.

In response to your spoilered text, I was recalling that from memory myself. It has been about a year since I last read it, but I vividly recall the good professor mentioning that Dracula the Human was the most victimized of them all, or some such thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it was in response to the death of the Vampire Lucy, in which he speculated this from the look of contentment on her face when she was killed again, after merely days (maybe weeks? It has been awhile) of being a vampire, how tortured she was in such a short time, compared to the hundreds of years old Count Dracula.
    Order of the Stick Avatar done by the talented Kymme.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The Half-Hamster template gives me advantageous size and ability score bonuses, and combos well with my inherited Elderberry Radiance (Ex). Which is more than I can say for you, you class-dipping CL-losing Evoker!
    I was eating THOSE BEANS!!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Worry no more! The massacre of the citizens of Cliffport, plus his remarks to Sabine about how he can never be "an edgy good guy" like Elan should let you put your mind at ease. (Plus he tells Larry that when it comes to 'Tagonists, he (Nale) is more of an "Ant").

It's easy to make a convincing argument when you leave out half the evidence.
    That may be true, but it doesn't erase the worry. People ignoring the evidence that doesn't support their beliefs is common even in science-A field that treasures its rationality. When ever you strongly believe something it is good to reexamine the evidence, to make sure you aren't fooling yourself.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    That's the tragedy of it, from my point of view. Here is someone who is a perfectly decent person, except that he follows a god of death. Malack, the way I read him, don't like to do evil (neither he shows any inclination for good), and don't even want to serve an evil cause. He just serves his god. Which happens to be evil. And that makes his cause evil.
    It's like you have a friend in another country, then your countries get to war and you have to face him on the battlefield. And you don't want to fight each other, you don't have any personal grudge and you don't even have any particular reason to disagree, but you are both patriotic people who want to do their duty to their country and that forces you to fight. Alll the difference between friend or foe is that you were born on different sides of the border. That's what makes me sad about malack.
    I think that would depend strongly over how much choice Malack has over who he worships and serves and how he does it.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post15476516

I know I'm stealing this from someone else. But it's SO FUNNY

Zweisteine quoting Razanir:

"I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!"

Bagnold could be one sixty-fourth halfling.