New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4294445464748495051525354
Results 1,591 to 1,604 of 1604
  1. - Top - End - #1591
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bhaakon's Brinewall Legacy IC

Lethos nods silently. No, it was no dream. Minkai...Minkai. Where my heart longs to go, where every hope and fear left in this world lays. My past, my life...my children.

Or my revenge?

It is long road. Dangerous.

Only the strongest warrior could pass.

To raise a queen is bloody work indeed.

Make us proud.
    Make us proud.
    Make me proud.

2. - Top - End - #1592
    Ettin in the Playground

Caleban

Caleban watches in awe as the vision fades. He has a strong mind, but some things are too much. He remains silent for a while, watching Ameiko stand up. He then begins to talk, addressing no one in particular.

"You all know I am the servant of Desna. I am not her cleric, but I am her weapon. It is my life 's work to walk the dark roads, making them safe for those who would take them after me.My Lady rules chance, traveling, freedom, dreaming, the beauty of the night sky.

Thus I say this, Ameiko. It is chance that brought me in this trip, but chance 's is my Lady 's weapon. Your destiny, it seems, is to be found at the end of a long journey, and there is a dream to catch when you get there.

I believe I am to walk this road with you. Chance, dream, travel. Darkness. My Lady has blessed you. I cannot but follow you there. If you will have me."

3. - Top - End - #1593
    Titan in the Playground

"Blessed me?" Ameiko grimaces, the same look she'd made that memorable time last spring when she'd been fool enough to attempt the Hagfish challenge (the one she'd made immediately before spewing half a tankard of stale seawater and hagfish slime across the bar. Good times). "I left my father's mansion for a barstool, Cal. What makes you think I'd want to trade back up to the Jade Throne? Being crushed under the bureaucracy of running a kingdom, or, worse, locked up in a gilded cage isn't my idea of a life. If those people would even have me, some foreign-born scoundrel who speaks her mother tongue with a thick Varisian accent." She shakes her head.

@Lethos, Jayn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her accent would be noticeable to a native speaker, but 'thick' is a bit of an exaggeration. She could lose it with practice, you're sure.

"I'd like to get my grandfather's sword from this 'Snaevald,' whoever he is, but after that...no. No crown for me, no tiaras, no thrones, no imperial seals. Lock that thing back up in its box and bury it in the cellar of the Rusty Dragon."

Hearing this from outside the carriage, Eirik frowns. "I know of him, I think. Fynn Snaevald. He's an old man now, a very rich old man, in Karlsgard. He'd been near to ninety, but was still alive when I...er...began my whirlwind tour of these fine southern latitudes. I don't know if he'll sell the sword, though. He's a collector, not a dealer, if you catch my meaning." The bard shakes his head. "He trades amber and whale oil, but never his antiquities."

4. - Top - End - #1594
    Ettin in the Playground

Caleban

Caleban only looks at Ameiko with what would be gentleness in another face.

"Ameiko, blessings come in many shapes. I can only hope that you will have the choice. Empires are not things one can avoid or ignore. But I will be there for you, if you want me.

But first things first. Welcome back! You really scared us. And yes, let us go and get your sword back.

But first of all, let's put this seal back in its box. I have the feeling that we just made an announcement, and I would not want to see who heard it. And we should move."

5. - Top - End - #1595
    Titan in the Playground

Lethos slowly comes out of his thoughts. "The road to this man lies North, does it not? I will go, though I will not return. I have business far down that road. Debts to pay."

6. - Top - End - #1596
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jayn remains silent, taking in all that she had just witnessed, but shakes out of her stupor long enough to quickly place the seal back in the box and away from prying eyes. The witch remains silent for a while allowing the others to speak but she doesn't hear their words too wrapped up with her own thoughts. What have I stepped into now... Demons and Tian-Xia... Ameiko, Royalty? The Divines protect us. Exhaling deeply, Jayn, looks at her friend and oddly lowers her eyes while holding out the box "I believe this belongs to you your highness... You can run from a birth right but that doesn't mean it will not find you. You like many others before you have a choice: You can forsake your heritage and remain as a tavern proprietress or you can reclaim what was once yours both paths will end in blood spent but no matter the choice I will remain at your side. You saved my life once during my darkest days and I will not abandon you during yours."

Moving slowly, the half elf lowers herself and goes into a proper bow <Tian>"My life, much like my heart are yours milady, I almost lost you and I never wish it to happen again. If you wish to go back to the home of your ancestors I will go with you and aid you in whatever ways you deem useful."</Tian>
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2014-05-19 at 01:11 AM.
    Blarg...

7. - Top - End - #1597
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Za'an watched the vision with great interest, and no small amount of surprise. To think that the woman who seemed to feed Jayn's addiction was actually royalty. Of course, she had turned her back on that life when it was simply local nobility ... what chance she would want to embrace it when it involved the rule of an entire empire? He nodded slightly to himself when Ameiko confirmed his suspicions, but remained silent as the others all jumped at a chance to journey to Tian and 'take back what was lost.' Fools ... they had no idea what they were getting into, nor why they were doing it ... except it seemed expected. He was sure his sister was smarter than all that, but when she spoke, he blinked, nonplussed.

He obviously didn't realize the depth of her devotion to the heir-turned-bartender, and there was more than a little jealousy that someone who wasn't family would hold a dearer place in Jayn's heart than her own brother. But as quickly as it came, it was gone. He sighed, shaking his head slightly as he stood to the side. He knew he would end up going - he had made his own promises afterall - but it wasn't something he looked forward to. If anyone looked at him, he simply shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose I shall accompany you all, if nothing more than to learn a bit more about Tian-Xia."
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

8. - Top - End - #1598
    Titan in the Playground

"You win, Jayn, Cal. I'll go to Minkai and look into this business, at least. It should be a worthwhile adventure, crossing half of Golarion to deal with an assassin and an army of fiends. Just the kind of crazy trip Koya's been pining for the last few years." She sighs in mock exasperation. As little as the idea of ruling a nation appeals to the woman, there's no denying that Amieko's interest is piqued.

"But call be 'your highness' again and I'll dump vinegar in your bottles, Jayn. Now let me up, I need to stretch my legs. It feels like I haven't been out of bed in days..."

9. - Top - End - #1599
    Titan in the Playground

"Then you will have my blade for the journey."

A half-smile cracks the elf's grim demeanor, "Your highness." He offers a hand to help her up. "Careful xiao meimei*, need to let the blood come back before trying to stand on you own."

Spoiler: *
    Show
    little sister

10. - Top - End - #1600
    Titan in the Playground

"But not mine, I fear." Mumbles Eirik dourly from the rear of the gathering. "I...well, I traveled south for a reason, and I fear that a return to my homeland would be most uncomfortable for myself and my relations alike."

"I'll share whatever tales of Karlsgard you wish to hear before I leave you, but I fear that I will not be accompanying you any further north than this spot." He finishes, flush with embarrassment and anger.

11. - Top - End - #1601
    Titan in the Playground

Lethos clasps Eric's forearm. "Farewell then, may your paths be straight. I am glad to have known you."

12. - Top - End - #1602
    Ettin in the Playground

Caleban

Caleban gives Eirik a mightly clasp.

"OK, you Ulfen peacock. I will see you in Sandpoint then. Tell them what we did, if it is successful!"

13. - Top - End - #1603
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jayn smirks "You say that now but when we're on a ship with no land on sight you'll regret spoiling my good stuff when all there is to drink to that swill sailors chug. There's also no need to get feisty, after all I should really practice etiquette considering we are heading to court." The witch's face goes sullen "You haven't been out of bed for days, you almost died so take it slow you invalid or else I will have carry you around on a stretcher."
    Blarg...

14. - Top - End - #1604
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: Closed for Length. Restart if you haven't already. I suggest copy/pasting this threads location for reference.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.