New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Gods Among Men: Ilum's Prison

Jase watches as the others step around the corner, and then despite his pain and the blood loss, he smiles and throws his head back to laugh at the outrageousness of it all.
    "Bo! Bo, here I am!" He called to the Giant man who had just stepped round the corner following a gnoll.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Friendly's normal quiet and gentle demeanor melt away at the sound of his good friend come the rescue him (and now in need of rescue himself). His voice booms with excitement.
    Little Magic Man! My friend!
    Bo stops short of the remaining guard between him and his friend.
    ahem
    please be moving
    he advises the guard. He then picks up a small boulder and smashes it against the rockwall.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate [roll]1d20+5[/roll]

NOW!
    Last edited by boldfont; 2013-03-19 at 10:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

Spoiler
    Show

Lets try that again shall we?
    (1d20+5)[22] for INTIMIDATION!!! grrr...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Prison Cave
    The guard looks uncertain for a second. He glances nervously at Jase. "There's forty prisoners," he says in Carac. Then he backs away a few steps, before turning into a run. "I'll get the others!" He shouts as he starts to disappear back into the dark tunnel.

The gnoll can be heard talking in the cave itself. "That guard just revealed us. And there's still the barracks." The gnoll paces around the room. "We might just have to fight."

Spoiler
    Show
    The passage here is about 10ft wide, and goes in two directions. Left leads outside, to the barracks, after about 100ft. Right leads deeper into the mine.

Kekth
    "Wait," one of the guards says. "Watch yourself there, and don't try to fight them yet." He then nods towards the other door guard, who takes a torch off the wall before walking to a strange metal and wooden contraption set against the cliff face. He pushes the torch into the bottom, and it begins hissing. The guard backs away. Then there is a loud pop, and the contraption fires a flare into the sky. The other guard reaches above him, pulling on a rope. A bell starts ringing. "We need everyone ready."
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

5. - Top - End - #35

Now Bo approaches his wounded friend.
    my friend. you are wounded. to the other prisoners. who can heal him? you do this please. he come to rescue.
    Last edited by boldfont; 2013-03-21 at 03:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"This? Just a scratch," Jase announces playfully, he had never found it easy to let Bo see him hurt, or to see suffering of any sort: he had seen enough. "If anyone wants this dagger, you're more than welcome to it." He added this last to ensure the rest of the prisoners didn't think to question his loyalties.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bolae stops to speak to the two guards, "We have to get down there before they can organize further. Numbers is the only way they can get an advantage, and we can put a stop to it right now if we neutralize the instigators." he moves forward at a slower pace, waiting for the other two to join him. "Besides, there are guards already down there. They need help."
    Most excellent custom avatar by Kymme!

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    "This? Just a scratch," Jase announces playfully, he had never found it easy to let Bo see him hurt, or to see suffering of any sort: he had seen enough. "If anyone wants this dagger, you're more than welcome to it." He added this last to ensure the rest of the prisoners didn't think to question his loyalties.
    is bad scratch friend... No one to help!? to the hell with them. i take you to healer. quickly now!

Bo is galvanized into action by his dear friend's injury and touched by his rescue attempt. He leads Jase, and anyone else that would follow, towards the barracks a bloodshed. He will carry Jase if necessary. As he goes, he listens for signs of a activity ahead. Friendly Bo briefly wonders what would happen if he sat bad down in his cell and simply adjourned his escape for another day. Perhaps an easier day. But his friend needed help now, and Bo was going to make sure he got it. Or die trying.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Prison Cave
    The prisoners appear confused at the development. One human steps forward half a step. "Did you reveal us?" he asks bluntly, but Bo is already moving. The scarred gnoll snarls and turns around at his words, rushing off after him. But though the gnoll moves quickly, he is actually no faster than Bo himself. Trying to cut in front of Bo, he speaks. "Are you mad? Do you know what you're walking into?" he growls, not quite shouting so as to not carry his voice too far.

Kekth
    "I should hope they're regrouping down lower if the break is too big for them," the guard who just rang the bell says. "But if not, we can see." Hearing the bustle of activity from the three barracks, he turns, readying his spear while gesturing at the other guard with his shield hand. In position behind Kekth, they begin following him into the passage.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Prison Cave
    "Are you mad? Do you know what you're walking into?" he growls, not quite shouting so as to not carry his voice too far.
    yes. i very mad. and i know what walking into. many men with pointy sticks. He turns to the gnoll and with all the seriousness of a man that had made up his mind he says to the other prisonersyou want escaping? then come escaping! it will be no easier tomorrow. you die on feet or die on knees. Was this bravery or stupidity? Regardless, his loyalty to his wounded friend was admirable. He pressed on.

you living my friend? he asked Jase. He knew the alarm had sound because he let the guard go, but he had no intention of fighting his way out. please to be casting your misty magics when i say. yes? we sneak and lie our way through. Bo listened carefully for signs ahead, knowing the spell would only last a short minute.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, don't assume that I've gone and done something completely daft. The plan is to try and fib our way past the guards by playing the good prisoner assisting a wounded guard, see how far to the barracks that takes them, and then slip past the rest of the way under cover of mist. The plan works better if the guards are more concerned with killing a mob then with Bo and Jase. Yeah... it's a bit dirty that way. I wasn't inviting the guard to run away BTW. Just, you know, move aside. But you've played it out that way, so we'll see how it goes. Bit quick on the trigger there Frog Dragon, but I've done worse to better, so who am I to complain? What do you think al'Lan? Good plan?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Kadar looks at the prisoners "He's right, you know. If we want to escape, we can't wait." Without waiting for a response, Kadar lumbers after the giant. He looked like the best chance of getting out alive, and chances were made to be taken. Hearing him speak up about the fake guard's magic, he figured he might as well mention his own. "I know a few magical tricks myself, you know. Could be usefull in distracting the guards."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"Oh, I'm still here," Jase wheezes, "but I won't be of much help in the fight unless you can get this patched up. This is really ruining my clothes..."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Kekth hurries down the hall, spears out and the two guards at his tail. Ahead, he can see the prisoners carrying a wounded guard. He almost gloated about being right that guards needed their assistance, but kept himself professional. "Prisoners, get down on the ground, now!" he shouts at them, continuing to close the gap.

Spoiler
    Show
    End turn about 50ft from the other players?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Prison Cave --> The Passage

"We'll be behind you." The gnoll turns around, walking back into the opening, picking up the weapons the guard had left behind. He throws them into the cave and walks back in, speaking again, though the four moving towards the exit can no longer hear him.

Steps can be heard ahead, and Bo, Jase, Kadar and Uroo soon see three guards ahead. All are Carac, but the one in the middle is much larger. The two by the sides ready their spears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Uroo goes with the rest. And now the party is all in the same place!

And 50ft distance, that works. The hallway is about 10ft wide.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2013-03-27 at 03:25 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

15. - Top - End - #45

Friendly Bo sees the followers behind him and realizes that it is going to be impossible to justify all of them carrying the wounded guard to the barracks. Bo was a garbage liar anyway.

one moment sir

He puts Jase down.

thank you
    and now we fight

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (1d20+3)[14]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Jase groans; he'd been doing all right, even if his original plan had backfired, the guards had been taking him to a healer, and then he ran into Bo, which had been a relief. But not any more.

He slumped on the ground but called out to his erstwhile comrades; "Guardsmen, it's me, Jase. I need a healer, I'm in danger of my life!" Maybe he could play this situation to his benefit.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Uroo

"Don't be stupid! Let us pass with the injured guard, you've bigger problems on your plate behind us. What do you think us capable of with the rest of the barracks in our path?"

18. - Top - End - #48

MOVE!
    Bo bellows
    this man guard needs help
    move or we must be fighting you
    i no lying down

19. - Top - End - #49

The big one gave him the invitation he was hoping for. "One of you secure the downed guard while we engage the prisoners." Kekth does not slow his run, colliding with Friendly Bo at the end of it. "Surrender now, or be forced into submission." he snarls at the prisoners.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[8]

20. - Top - End - #50

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan__D View Post
    End turn about 50ft from the other players?

You can't reach me.

Edit: I see the DM said you reach. I guess I'm hit. Let's keep going.
    Last edited by boldfont; 2013-04-03 at 02:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Kadar started rambling in an undecipherable language, his hands making rapid gestures. His voice rose towards a crescendo. The ground was whirling with dust.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting summon monster I

22. - Top - End - #52

Bo takes a spear in the gut and it isn't pleasant. He grimaces. This one was big like his. Good! He would be disappointed if all the guards were small and weak like children.

Friendly Bo attempts to pull the guard in for a bear hug...

Spoiler
    Show
    No AoO - Class feature
    Touch attack (1d20+6)[12] vs 14
    Grapple (1d20+10)[17]
    vs your grapple which is +6
    If successful, then (1d6+4)[9] and you have to get free before you can poke me again.

Dammit!
    Last edited by boldfont; 2013-04-06 at 02:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Jase watches with mounting horror as it looks for a moment as though Bo is going the same way as he did: these guards actually knew how to use those spears, and they sure weren't afraid of doing so. Jase preferred the guards who were nervous and uncertain- these ones had... purpose!
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Uroo

The sudden unprovoked violence against the giant brought Uroo's instincts to bear. With a sudden, deft movement, he was behind their attacker and snapping his jaws toward his throat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumbling to Left6 (1d20+9)[19] so that would put me into a flanking position with Bo.
    Standard action to attempt a bite: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Sneak Attack:(1d6)[5]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Parlay forgotten, Kekth attacks, spear in hand while Bo's attempts to grab reach only air. The giantkin guard manages to avoid the gnoll's jaws as well, while the orc magician in the back row begins to chant.

The two human guards react sluggishly, but after Kekth runs in, one of them drops his spear into a loop in his tunic and pulls out an atlatl, setting a spear into the spur before tossing the spear at Uroo, though the chaos of melee hinders his aim. Mere moments later, the guard next to him charges.

The sounds of gathering can be heard from where the prisoners came. It cannot be long before the scarred gnoll and his followers arrive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guard 2, atlatl
    Attack: (1d20-1)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

Guard 1, spear
    Attack: (1d20+9)[16] (Charge and Flank)
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]

Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2013-04-04 at 05:48 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

26. - Top - End - #56

Uroo

Reacting to the fresh wound in his side, Uroo whirls about face and lunges for the spearmans vitals.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turning to full attack the new arrival.
    Bite:(1d20+4)[15] Damage- (1d6+4)[7]
    Claw:(1d20)[5] Damage-(1d4+4)[6]
    Claw2:(1d20)[2] Damage-(1d4+4)[5]

27. - Top - End - #57

"I've got the big one." Kekth grunts, as he tries to outmaneuver large human. "Get to the other guard to safety!" he reminds the guard he brought why they're there. He does his best to occupy Bo while the injured guard is moved to safety. With the incoming horde of prisoners, things could get messy for an injured guard on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed Grapple Check to pin Friendly Bo: (1d20+6)[22]

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler
    Show

Opposed Grapple to maintain hold and not get pinned.
    (1d20+10)[25]

The man in his arms attempts to push Bo over with his legs, but Bo tightens and braces his weight against him. The other man, though sizable himself, lacks Bo's wrestling experience. His legs slide against the gravel and fail to get traction.
    Last edited by boldfont; 2013-04-08 at 01:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler
    Show

SQUEEEEEEZE!!!!
    (1d20+10)[19] vs opposed grapple check
    if I win, then (1d6+4)[7] and (1d12)[10] non-lethal damage
    I take an additional -4 AC against anyone outside the grapple trying to hit me for using the Earth's embrace ability even if I drop him. Keep me covered!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Kadar chant had reached a crescendo. He felt the spirit of fire answer his call, and directed the magic directly behind the guard who was attacking the gnoll. There was a distinct cracking sound as a fissure opened in the floor, and a giant scorpion wreathed in a veil of sand rose out of the newly created opening. It lashed out towards the guards, its stinger and pincers glowing white-hot as it did so. Meanwhile, Kadar had decided that there were not much more he could do, and covered behind his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    completing the casting of SM I, summoning a small fiendish mounstrous scorpion to the left square eight. Taking a total defense action.
    The scorpion takes a full attack at the guard, flanking with Uroo.
    Caw (1d20+4)[10]; damage (1d3+1)[4]+(1d6)[4]fire,
    Claw (1d20+4)[17]; damage (1d3+1)[3]+(1d6)[2]fire,
    Stinger (1d20-1)[15]; damage (1d3)[3]+(1d6)[1]fire; if hit Fortitude DC14 or (1d2)[1]Con damage

Scorpion has AC 14, 8hp 20%Concealment
    Kadar has AC 18, hp 17