New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep III - Girls Gone Modest

Ariel's Visit

"So what properties does it have?" The sorceress asks curiously, her caution giving away to fascination by the object. "The little I have read about the warp paints an all too grim image." Mostly by researching Ariel's other mothers cult. <.< "But the key of making something less dangerous is understanding it in my opinion." Even controlling it. Perhaps it could be used for good?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

"It amounts to an endless battery of power. It probably isn't safe to tap it too much at once as it might make it unstable." Ariel advises as she looks over the orb, walking around Cessie to do so and peering at it curiously before poking it with a bare finger. She doesn't seem affected by it when her finger sinks in. "It's of a corrupt nature, so those that are pure should probably avoid touching it physically or mentally. Keeping it in a box of lead or something enchanted should block any minor influence over the realm it might have."

3. - Top - End - #63

Ariel's Visit

Corruption. Mental corruption. That was just bad news. She takes her hand off it. "Understood." She remarks, glad that she had the force gloves on. "You use these words pure and corrupt. What do they mean exactly? Are you "pure"?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

"Those that have been influenced by The Warp's transmutive energies."
    She explains before offering a small, if somewhat fearful, smile. "And no, I wouldn't be called pure. My...ancestry has seen to that." She says, raising up her tail and pointing to a pair of nubby horns that help hold up her hat.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-03-22 at 01:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Ariel's Visit

"Ah, so it's a "corruption" of the body, just like that corruption that effected my husband." Cessie observes. Since after all, Ariel looked more human then Cora and Bastion did and she hardly had a problem with the appearance of her own children. "Just of a more insubstantial nature." She looks over Ariel. "But trust me, you don't look nearly as ridiculous as I do after eating those apples." Cessie comments with a smile.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

"Well, maybe a single apple didn't have the full effect on me? How do they work?" She supposes curiously before looking around for another one if there is one. "I have my head back, so I don't see much harm in maybe trying more. The apple tasted pretty good too..."

7. - Top - End - #67

Ariel's Visit

There aren't any apples nearby sadly. "The energy actually comes from the apple seeds, the fruit itself doesn't have as high concentration of aether as the seed itself does." Cessie happily explains. "So more then one apple won't have any added effect, it will only make your current condition last longer. The seed of it however have a much more concentrated and potent effect according to my studies of it. I have yet dared to try it myself actually as I theorize it would bring out the elemental part of me which would be hard to control."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

Ariel tilts her head in thought at that and gets a small mischivious smile as she grabs the apple core she left near the door and digs out a pair of seeds with her claws. "Then how about we go somewhere safer and try it together?" She asks, nearly grinning as she offers a seed.

9. - Top - End - #69

Ariel's Visit

"Ah... that's probably a bad idea Ariel. The seeds effect last for hours and there is no way to tell what we will do during that time. We could harm innocents with such a great amount of power collected in us at once." The sorceress cautions. She probably shouldn't have told Ariel about the seed in retrospect.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

"So we record the process and bind ourselves to the location. If it brings out your elemental self, and my...whatever, then it should be simple enough to make a few wards to keep non-mortals in a location. Like a Circle." Ariel points out.

11. - Top - End - #71

Ariel's Visit

The sorceress looks thoughtfully at Ariel. "That could work..." But was she really considering listening to the idea of someone effected by a fey apple? "Though I'm afraid that we could easily break whatever wards we make once we're in that state. Not to mention that we could hurt each other. Not that I actually think it should overwrite our personalties completely. I have considered all this after all." She admits.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-03-22 at 02:07 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

"We could place the initiating runes on the outside of the circle and strengthen them. If we go as out-of-mind as you suspect, it won't occur to us to even try. And we could make multiple layers of wards. It's a better way to do it than any other and provides us with a comfortable chance of getting it right." She presses, hoping that Cessie gives in.

13. - Top - End - #73

Ariel's Visit

"Wouldn't it be better if we do it one at the time in that case?" Cessie questions. "Then we could keep check on each other in case something goes wrong? Kirin, our employee offered herself up to test just that and it actually worked rather well." But she wasn't actually considering this right?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

"It's certainly safer, but depending on what happens, loneliness could easily drive a person insane if they're imprisoned and the effects are powerful enough." Ariel points out. "Having company inside gives a small anchor to the mind and restrain them, making sure they don't do anything too drastic."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-03-22 at 02:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Ariel's Visit

"I'd still feel safer with a method I have already tried. Besides, I'm not sure how to actually document the effects without anyone asking questions to the one being effected. While the visuals might be very interesting I fear I wouldn't learn much by us expanding our powers in such a small area." Cessie replies. "Though we wouldn't lose our memories what happened at the very least." She explains. "In any case, I don't like the idea of us doing it at once but if you want I could try to prepare some kind of binding circle at a safe location." The idea was something she always had wanted to try out after all.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

Ariel's ecstatic shivering of energy slows down and her smile drops slightly as a worried and slightly frightened look comes across her face. "I...I guess you're right. Just...it's not something that I want to do alone. As brave and adventurous as I am, it'd be easier for me if I had someone with me. Cutting loose isn't something I do. Maybe someone else could volunteer to be in there while you watch?" She suggests weakly.

17. - Top - End - #77

Ariel's Visit

"But I will be there for you Ariel, I promise. I wouldn't want anything bad happen to you. The sorceress attempts to sooth Ariel. "You might not be my daughter, but I still wouldn't want you harmed in any way. I won't simply just watch, I will try to communicate with you through the entire session."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

Ariel shakes her head. "If I do it, don't try to talk to me telepathically. Put up wards against it. You don't want more contact with my mind than necessary." She warns, taking her book from her waist and holding it tight to her chest without actually thinking about it. "It might even get too hard to look at if it goes far enough. Just run if it gets that way, please."

19. - Top - End - #79

Ariel's Visit

Cessie slowly nods. That would make things complicated. She puts her hand on Ariel's shoulder, trying to reassure her. "You think that I'd be immune to that in elemental form?" She asks gently, trying to look Ariel in the eyes.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

Ariel smiles a bit when her Not-Mother touches her shoulder and she looks up. "I'm not sure, but it is possible. The Warp can influence non-living things, but a great many beings are simply immune or highly resistant to the influence. An elemental probably would be, despite having a humanish mind." She says before looking a bit apologetic. "And in case I do lose it, it'd be something capable of incapacitating me."

21. - Top - End - #81

Ariel's Visit

The sorceress looks thoughtful for a moment. "Okay... I think I know how we will do this. If you don't want to do this alone I could try asking Arik if he could watch over the ritual. I would probably need him to make the wards anyway. How does that sound?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel's Visit

Ariel instantly brightens up, literally as her skin begins to glow faintly, and grins. "I'd love to meet this Uncle Arik. The other one helped teach me back home." She admits.

23. - Top - End - #83

Ariel's Visit

"Really? Well', I'm glad you have got to known him. I'm talking to him right now actually. He says he'd be interested in meeting you too." Cessie replies with a smile, Ariel's mirth seemingly very infectious.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

Harnel will wake up slowly, likely holding onto Cessie in his sleep. Sure, his brain is working fine, but his body was just resting, and it's hard to get it going quickly. Still, he'll open his eyes to look at his wife and smile.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #85

[Master Bedroom]

The sorceress is still sleeping peacefully next to him. But there is evidence that this haven't always been the case as her hair is a mess and she have somehow managed to warp her sheets around her body in her sleep.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

... what? How did she manage that?

Harnel will move over and kiss her neck to give her a bit of a pleasant wake up.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Into the Trees

"Yeah, me too. I haven't found a way to help her from here, so I try not to worry."

She shrugs, mainly trying to get her mind off of it, and keeps walking. "What about you? You leave anyone behind, or didn't you have any friends?"
    [Into the Trees]

"Oh, I have some siblings and my parents, though I wasn't especially close to them. The same goes for my few friends." Xavier shrugs. It's something he's accepted a long time ago.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Master Bedroom]

You do strange things in your sleep. As he kisses her, she slowly starts to move. "Mmmm..." She now appears to be trying to get out of her sheets. "I had a really wonderful dream..." He can hear her mumble.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

"Why don't you tell me about it?" Harnel says quietly, wondering what she remembers.

30. - Top - End - #90

[Master Bedroom]

"Ah... it wasn't a very vivid dream. I just remember a good feeling. I think you were there though." Maybe the dream wasn't related to Harnel escapades? Cessie continues to struggle against the sheets which eventually loosens which allows her to turn around and face him with a smile.