New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep III - Girls Gone Modest

[In and around]

Cessie's first indication that something is wrong is when she can't stand. When she tries to, she'll find that the plants beneath her her are clinging to her clothing with surprising strength. Tug as she might, she won't be able to free herself from them.

What's worse, they seem to be pulling her into the ground. It'll only take a matter of seconds before her feet and lower legs are drawn under the loamy earth.

[Greenhouse]

"Oh, so that's what that is. Have you tried planting the seeds on their own?" Sakura asks.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

[In and around]

Now these plants were getting way too close for her liking. Normally she wouldn't let anything get this close, but it had some benefits, she could summon the eldritch energy much more precisely. Which is why she could summon a shield of fire around herself without harming her clothing. Hopefully that would turn these plants off the idea of dragging her into the earth.

Garn notices his creator in danger and launches himself at the evil things trying to harm her, trying to tear up as many as possible to save Cessie.

[Greenhouse]

"Yes, but as far as I can tell they just turn into large rose bushes. Nothing special about them sadly." Cessie explains. "You couldn't tell me more about them could you? I know you have a certain connection to plants and all."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-04-07 at 04:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

[In and around]

Fire should surely work, even against fresh, living plants like these. The plants char and whither... but they don't let go. While they're clearly not alive anymore where the fire burned then, they aren't breaking apart. Instead, the still living plants continue to drag her under.

[Greenhouse]

"Not like this I couldn't. I mean, maybe if I grew one I could figure something out, but I haven't seen anything like this before." Though Sakura has heard of similar. She just doesn't have the first hand experience she'd need to say anything.

4. - Top - End - #214

[Greenhouse]

Cessie takes up one of the seeds and hands it to Sakura. "Why don't you try? I'd be very interested in seeing the results." She asks with a smile. "I never gotten you invested in my research before."

[In and around]

Okay, that didn't work. Let's try something else. She attempts to summon wind and earth underneath her to lift her up while Garn is trying to tear the roots apart. He wouldn't get go of his mistress!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Greenhouse]

Sakura takes the seed with a grin. "I'll see what I can find out. It'll be fun helping you out with this."

[In and around]

Garn will find that the flowers will grab hold of him as well, and are just as capable as restraining him as they are Cessie. he might not have even reached her. Unlike Cessie, however, they don't try and drag the gargoyle under.

As for Cessie, the earth that she's being pulled into seems to be repelling her own earth elementals. The air ones will find it easier to get to her, but even with their assistance she won't be able to break free.

Soon enough, the plants drag her under entirely. When they do, they release Garn and every flower in the area disappears underground with Cessie. If Garn searches for her at all, he'll find only her clothing and what she'd been carrying with her, buried just under the ground.

((With godmod permission of course.))
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-04-07 at 06:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216

[In and around]

Garn is however a great deal stronger than Cessie so he shouldn't have too much of a problem dealing with these vines as her. He just keeps struggling to save her.

Once she's under the earth he'll try to dig her up, not even noticing that the flowers have let go off him. He won't stop for anything until his creator is safe.

Then he'll only finds her clothes...

He smashes his fists into the earth. They had taken her!!!

He'll grab her clothes and flies towards the keep, throwing the door open. "Graaaaah!!!" He screams, hopefully someone will hear.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Ariel's Visit

Arik looks at Ariel as a scientist would look at a newly discovered (successful) genetic experiment. "Curious." He looks back at Cessie. "You sure about this? Uncontrolled power is no power at all."

The sorceress seems to hesitate for a moment. "I think it would be a very vital part of my research about the eldritch forces which guides mages within our world and now that Ariel is here I think we might be able to control it better."

Arik shakes his head. "There are risks in science, but I don't want you to hurt yourself Cessie."

"Come on Arik. We have been over this. You haven't even properly introduced yourself to Ariel yet."

The lich stops himself from sighting and turns to Ariel again. "Very well. I suppose you want to infuse yourself with a large amount of aether energy. I can not for obvious reasons."
    Ariel's Visit

"Obviously."
    Ariel says with a nod, knowing the reason. "And due to my half-otherworldly nature, I should be able to infuse myself with more than the average amount of energy, especially since my nature forces me to be able to control such or face oblivion." She admits.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Harnel's Study]

Cessie stares at the buttons and suddenly a light goes up for her. Harnel had mentioned those buttons at one point hadn't he? "That's those buttons..." Cessie mentally groans. "Why haven't you destroyed them dear? If Kirin have been effected by them..." She sigh. "I think you have to tell her exactly how it is and then offer to change her back if she wishes. She looked rather bothered by it actually."
    [Harnel's Study]

"I was hoping I got them all," He lets out a sigh, "Right, I'll go talk to her." He puts the jar back down and will leave the area to go and find Kirin. He looks rather unhappy about the situation; he didn't want this sort of thing happening to Kirin.

[In and Around]

Harnel will be out of his study in but a moment, blink in surprise at Garm's outburst, "What's..." and then he'll see the clothes in Garm's hand, and his face goes grim. He's never seen the gargoyle this angry before.

"... what happened?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchen

Kirin is in here, munching on something distractedly. She looks at Harnel when he walks in.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Kirin?" he says, going to sit down, "Cessie tells me you're having ... trouble with your bust. And I think i know what's causing it."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchen

Kirin perks up. Knowing the issue at hand is the first step to solving it! "Yes?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Harnel looks awkward and embarrassed, "I'm fairly certain it's caused by the buttons you took from me. Remember that? When I came into your laundry room to get them back? I... tried to get back the clothes that you mended with them and replace the buttons, but I think I may have missed a few, particularly if they're your personal wear."

"They cause a slow level of expansion. A desire demon gave them to me to tempt me, though it was intending for use on Cessie. Neither of us wants it happening to you."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchen

Bluh-

"Desire-that little thing!" that little thing gave her nightmares and got her stuck in a dreamscape for a while! She does not like that thing. "Gah... well, let's go find my seam ripper. Why didn't you tell me?" Kirin intends to lead out of the kitchen, and to wherever she keeps the mending supplies. (Laundry room? Something like that.)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Laundry Room

"Because it's embarrassing and I thought I got them all," he says, following along. Ah, yes, the nightmares. I don't doubt those were returning a bit in light of this.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laundry Room

"I think I remember everything I put them on, I'll watch for them." Kirin will retrieve the seam ripper and then go through her laundry... ah, there's one. Kirin will go about removing the buttons. "Any idea how to reverse the effect? We could hope that my metabolism will eat it after the magic stops, but I wouldn't bet on it..."

16. - Top - End - #226

[In and Around]

Garn gestures around widely in a fashion the half-dragon probably won't understand. It's pretty easy to tell he's upset though.

It's not until he points in the direction from where he came Harel gets any clue of what he wants.

Ariel's Visit

Arik raises an eyebrow, glancing at Cessie as if asking "You still think this is a good idea?"
    The sorceress ignores him however. "So what do you theorize the exact effect would be Ariel?"

[Greenhouse]

"Great, just plant the seed in one of those empty pots and we'll see what happens." Cessie replies, gesturing at the empty pots in the corner of the greenhouse. "This is going to be great."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[In And Around]

Harnel shakes his head, "Cessie has magic that can make physical changes, but beyond that, no."

[In And Around]

"Just a moment," He says, and will leave the keep to go into the armory to retrieve Conflict, before returning to the gargoyle. He spreads his wings, and the look on his face is grim, "Show me."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laundry Room

Kirin sighs and removes the buttons from a skirt. "Better than nothing, I guess. Back to the lab for me..."

Kirin doesn't really mind helping Cessie in the lab, but right now she's just feeling upset about things.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Laundry Room]

"I'm responsible for this," He says, "Anything I can get you to make up for it?"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laundry Room

Kirin sighs as she finishes removing the buttons. "Nothing I can think of, no." She turns to hand him the buttons. "I don't suppose you can just burn these?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[Laundry Room]

He'll take the button once it's off, "In my experience, magic tends to resist fire and the like. It's why I hadn't tried."

22. - Top - End - #232

[In And Around]

Garn looks extremely impatient when Harnel decides to go for this sword. Why did the stupid lizard think a sword would help here? No matter, if he could help creator, that would be enough.

The gargoyle will then show Harnel to the spot Cessie disappeared where he basically have torn the ground apart in the search for her.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

[In And Around]

Digging signs. Dirt on Cessie's clothing. She was pulled under, but where did she go? If Garm had just been digging, he should have found her.

"What pulled her under?" Hopefully, Garm could show Harnel.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laundry Room

"Huh. In the stories I heard, fire was one of the big ways to destroy magical things. More, I just figured that fire would burn then." She shrugs. "I think it's worth a try. In a safe place..."

25. - Top - End - #235

[In And Around]

"Graa!" Garn shouts, trying to point out the flowers, if there are any remaining that is. Perhaps they disappeared with Cessie. Otherwise he will point out other nearby flowers. The question is if Harnel will understand.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[In And Around]

Unfortunately, all the flowers disappeared under the earth with Cessie. The only sign of their passing is the worked up ground where cessie disappeared.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Laundry Room

"Huh. In the stories I heard, fire was one of the big ways to destroy magical things. More, I just figured that fire would burn then." She shrugs. "I think it's worth a try. In a safe place..."
    [Laundry Room]

"No reason not to try, I suppose," Harnel says, "If you find any more of the buttons, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll take it out to burn with the others."

Of there isn't anything else, Harnel will head back into his study to grab the jar, then take it out into the courtyard to breath fire on it there.

[In and Around]

"Flowers?" He says, "Kidnapped by flowers. Must be a fey that stole her."

Harnel will reach into a pocket, and pull out an iPhone. Sure, he never really uses it for anything but calls, but it was on sale at the time. He really needs to get apps for this thing.

The thing is that he's saved the numbers for Azik's enchantments, Erin's, and Electronic's Asylum into his contacts. Quite frankly, having those three should cover any knowledge needs he had.

"Hello, Azik?" the Half-dragon asks, "My name is Harnel Mithar, I've come in a few times. I've got a bit of an emergency here and could use your professional opinion. I'd be willing to pay you for the inconvenience."

He waits a moment, presumably as the Warforged on the other end of the line speaks.

"Yes, that's fine, just please, get here quickly... Right then, see you soon."
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-04-12 at 12:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

[In and Around]

Garn does not look pleased... no wait, he looks exactly the same as he always does. Which is not pleased. "Grahah!" He exclaims, waving at Harnel. What was he even trying to do?

[Watching the Babies]

After having been in mallside most of the day, Cessie, Ilpholin and Darcy returns to the keep to look at babies. How exciting!

"If you want, we could visit Sakura and her baby as well. She's living in the keep right now, you've meet her at some point right?" Cessie asks.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-04-12 at 01:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Watching the babies

"Yes, but I haven't seen her since her wedding," Darcy says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

[In and Around]

Harnel frowns at Garn, "Someone who can help us get Cessie back is coming. If we want to get her back, first we need to find out where she's gone, and given it was magic that took her, we need someone who knows a lot about magic. He should be-"

There's a flash and suddenly a warforged will be standing in the clearing. He wears a pair of blue spectacles on his eyes, and around a belt he bears no less than five different pouches. On his right arm, there are holes, each with a wand in it; a sheath for them, where he can simply draw them out at his leisure.

"-here soon. Hello Azik."

The warforged wastes no time with pleasantries, instead reaching down towards the churned earth. His spectacles examine magic; residues, active effects, and similar are all appropriate things for the glasses to see.