New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: TSR Marvel Super Heroes

"Sure. Heh, Andele!"

He follows a step behind Iggy.
    Last edited by barna10; 2013-03-22 at 03:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Steve Reynolds

"Yeah, chemist. Appreciate the compliment though."

He looks around a bit, "You know, we did pretty well here. Stopped the bad guys, made sure no one got hurt, and even kept the damage minimal. Perhaps we should consider doing this together more."
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

3. - Top - End - #63

Wincing at his still-fresh fisticuffs, Superstar gazes around the area looking at the gathered champions,

" I'm not against that, Stevie. Only an idiot would run alone when he has the chance to tag-team with guys like you! I'm in, but on my terms. Nobody bosses Superstar. Period."

He eyes the reviving crook and steps over him,

"Who you workin' for, pal! Tell us, or get your spine crushed like paper! I got no truck with tellin' NYPD you fell off the roof!"

Superstar squeezes his fist in the crook's face as the sirens close in ......
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-03-22 at 06:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Goalie listens to Superstar's threats and mutters something in French.

[Iggy and Lightspeed walk into the bank now, carrying Slapshot. Police sirens are heard and presumably the police will arrive very soon.]
    Last edited by snoopy13a; 2013-03-23 at 08:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Steve Reynolds

Steve walks up to Goalie, hands crackling with power, "English, please."
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

6. - Top - End - #66

Zombie

Lightspeed

"Hold on there guys. We're not the cops. Let's get them in here to do their job, let the system work. Torturing a prisoner is not going to win us any points with the guys in blue"

With a rush of wind he positions himself between the heroes and the bad guys.
    Last edited by barna10; 2013-03-23 at 01:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Steve Reynolds

Steve moves up to Lightspeed so he can whisper, "Who said anything about torture? Scaring him a little to get some answers is not torture. Especially since this guy surrendered after I shocked him the first time. It stands to reason the same fear that got him to surrender will loosen his tongue. I agree about let the system work, but you know as well as anyone, regular police aren't equipped to handle certain problems. I think we would be remiss if we didn't check it out."
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

8. - Top - End - #68

Standing up, Superstar looks at Lightspeed,

" Torture's probably too good for these animals. What would've happened to these people if we hadn't been here?"

He leans closer to the speedster and whispers,

" Besides, I wasn't gonna hurt him - much. I just wanted to scare him a little ..... see if he'd crack."
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-03-23 at 11:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Zombie

Lightspeed

"Just remember, even threatening someone with deadly force is a felony. Right now you're a hero that's about 10 seconds from being a villain. Do you want to stay on this side of the line or be standing on the other side wondering what happened to the days when you could show your face in public. Don't be a Spider-Man, be one of the good guys."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Steve Reynolds

"I hope you don't mean me there, because I certainly didn't threaten deadly force. Technically, I just asked him to speak in English. If he drew any inferences beyond that, well I can't control that. Besides, how many did I hit, and how many died? I can control how much energy I use."

Steve looks around a bit and chuckles, "If you want to get really technical, the guys that went after the ones that fled committed felonies. Beating up fleeing folks is generally frowned upon, but I bet you won't see any cuffs coming out. My only concern is what's going on behind the scene, after all remember what was said when they came in. 'The boss wants his money.' Don't you want to know who this boss is that would send dangerous folks in that wanted to get their jollies by beating up what they thought were innocent and helpless bank customers?"
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

11. - Top - End - #71

Zombie

[b]Lightspeed[/i]

"I think we should certainly pass that info on to the police, but vigilante justice shouldn't be on the table. Let the system work.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Covu finds this discussion fascinating, yet somewhat misguided.

"While true that there is no honor or satisfaction to be found in further reducing an opponent that has surrendered, a strict application of such principle leaves the burden of unraveling circumstances on the righteous.
    Those that would commit heinous acts such as these ones, should be aware of all possible results, their action can bring. Yet this society seems far more occupied with the moral image of altercations like this and not with the pragmatic necessities that may come with it.
    While I will abide by the laws of this country, it is my opinion that those who would break them do no longer deserve to cower behind them."
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

13. - Top - End - #73

"Well, if 'harsh words' gets somebody jailed ....", Superstar picks up a hockey stick and looks it over for anything strange, ".... we're all gonna be cellmates."

Spoiler
    Show

Excellent Intuition check;
    (1d100)[62]
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-03-24 at 10:37 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Zombie

Lightspeed

"You guys are free to do whatever you want, but I won't allow any harm to come to the defenseless. However, if you do, I know the number of a good lawyer. I'll wait outside for the cops."
    Last edited by barna10; 2013-03-24 at 02:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Superstar picks up one of the hockey sticks and examines it,

Superstar
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems like a normal wooden hockey stick. The letters "CCM" are printed on the stick but it looks like these were printed by the manufacturer. No personal identifying marks appear on the stick. It does not appear that the villain who used this derived any superpowers from the stick itself.

Sirens howl and doors slam.

A group of "normal" police officers and SWAT members enter the bank with guns drawn (four "normal" and six "SWAT"). One yells, "Police! What's going on here?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Covu bows to the Police, the proceeds to talk.

"These ones attempted to partake in things that are not theirs. They assumed us helpless, we rid them of this notion. I apologize for the damage incured by the wall. I was not fast enough to escape a blow from their strongest and was flung into it."

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

17. - Top - End - #77

Zombie

Lightspeed

Kyle rips off his mask and sneaks back inside, invisible.

He reappears in a corner. If questioned, he was a customer and hid in the corner. If any of the group are getting hassled by the police he'll step in as their lawyer.

18. - Top - End - #78

Looking at the arriving officers, Superstar backs away to give them room, while pointing at the clobbered thugs,

"I saw the bank security officer was overcome by those jokers, so I, being a law-abiding citizen of the world's greatest city, took action ....."

"..... while attempting to perform a 'citizen's arrest', the hockey team attacked myself and these other citizens who were trying to restore order."

Superstar points out the other heroes he can see.

"God knows, I was scared outta my wits, officers! I don't normally do this kinda thing - I was just in the area passing out flyers for Saturday's wrestling match at the Garden. But, somebody had to do something until the proper authorities showed-up, right?

Anyways, that big guy knocked me out cold. These other guys are the real heroes - they not only saved my butt, but everybody else, and the bank's money. You ask the other customers, they'll tell ya - these guys are the reason we're all alive."

Knowing cops, Superstar kept his presence humble and appreciative .....

Spoiler
    Show

Popularity FEAT just for kicks (luck don't fail me now) ....
    [roll]1d100[/roll]
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-03-24 at 06:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Steve Reynolds

Steve nods as the others speak, "That's about it officers. Since they didn't appear to be carrying firearms we felt we could act without endangering ourselves or others. The big one there, " nodding at Goon, "was threatening to beat up everyone in the bank, without regard to their objectives. If we didn't act, we and others would have been badly hurt. They also mentioned something about a boss who wanted his money. No idea what they meant by that."

Spoiler
    Show
    Note that as Steve Reynolds, he should have Typical Popularity. He also will do nothing to reveal his powers.
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Iggy says, "I was just here to do some general banking, and felt it was my civic duty to aid these people in defending the bank. Iggy points at Captain, "That one was in charge, he isn't too worse for wear, take them away officers."

Iggy backs away from the hockey team and waits for questioning by the cops.
    A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up.

#OWNYOURLIFE - BANG!

21. - Top - End - #81

Zombie

Lightspeed

"Officer! When do you think the bank will reopen? I really need to open a checking account."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

After listening to the explanations, the officer lowers his gun. He does give an annoyed look towards Superstar, however.

A voice calls out from outside the bank, "Hey O'Malley, the teller says these guys stopped the hockey goons from robbing the place."

The lead officer, presumably O'Malley, speaks to the SWAT team, "Alright take these goons in. Remember to put on the special cuffs, callers say these bozos might have superpowers."

O'Malley turns back to the heroes, "Uh, thanks for the help. Stick around so we can ask some questions." Under his breath, he mutters (but too loudly so you can hear him), "Great, just we need . . . more superheroes."

A second officer looks at the goons and remarks, "Hey, isn't this that gang they told us about at the station a few days ago? Held up two banks uptown last week?"

A third officer approaches Lightspeed and inquires, "Sir, would you mind telling us what you saw?"

Karma awards:

Stopping violent crime (assault): 30
    Stopping violent crime (robbery--I don't care what the book says, robbery is a violent crime): 30
    Six arrests for violent crimes: 90
    Two rescues: 2*20 = 40
    Defeating one RM foe: 30
    Defeating two IN foes: 80
    Defeating one AM foe: 50
    Commit Misdemeanor (destroyed security camera): -10
    Damaged area (bank lobby): -5

Total: 335 split four ways so 83 apiece. (Superstar gets none because of power use). If you decide to start a group karma bank (will cost 50 karma to start), then the three surplus karma can be put in there. Otherwise, it'll be lost.

23. - Top - End - #83

Zombie

Lightspeed

I really didn't see anything. Once they shattered the window I ducked down behind that plant over there and waited till it was quiet."

24. - Top - End - #84

Hearing the constables' comments about the "Ice Follies" goons, Superstar walks up to Steve, Iggy & Covu whispering,

"Were you serious about working together? There's a lot more than just this one bank. These knuckleheads are on a tour of the city! Together, we might have a shot at catching whoever's running the show ......"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I think it would be an excellent idea, though I think we should meet up later to discuss details. It seems the local PD is not too keen on more superheroes in town."

Iggy asks the cops if he is cleared to leave, as he needs to get back to work.

#OWNYOURLIFE - BANG!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Covu looks thoughtful for a long moment before speaking up.

"Before this incident, I would have answered in the negativ. It is after all the profession, duty and goal of the enforcers of the law to see that such evil is curtailed. However, that fact that the large one managed to overcome the resistance to blows that I was born with, instills a fear in me that many a brave guardians of the law might be left in dire straits were they to attempt apprehending one such as that one.
    If as such my assistance could be of help to the police in reducing instances such as this, I would gladly grant it. Further have we shown to be a formidable force when working towards a common goal, a fact that will not escape those that rule the scum from the shadows."

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Re'ozul View Post
    Covu looks thoughtful for a long moment before speaking up.

"Before this incident, I would have answered in the negativ. It is after all the profession, duty and goal of the enforcers of the law to see that such evil is curtailed. However, that fact that the large one managed to overcome the resistance to blows that I was born with, instills a fear in me that many a brave guardians of the law might be left in dire straits were they to attempt apprehending one such as that one.
    If as such my assistance could be of help to the police in reducing instances such as this, I would gladly grant it. Further have we shown to be a formidable force when working towards a common goal, a fact that will not escape those that rule the scum from the shadows."
    "Wut?!....."

#OWNYOURLIFE - BANG!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Steve Reynolds

Steve looks at Superstar and lowers his voice, "Indeed I am serious. The comments of the police only confirm the comments the goons made when they came in." He looks in Lightspeed's direction, "I'm not sure I trust him though. First he gets in the way of trying to get answers, and then he denies any involvement in stopping the robbery."
    Last edited by Archwizard; 2013-03-26 at 01:42 PM.
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

As the SWAT members haul the goons away, O'Malley takes a look at the heroes who are talking among himself and again mutters under his breath. Addressing the heroes, "Look, if you aren't gonna make a statement, you're going to have to leave my crime scene. I don't care where you go, but you can't stay here."

A second officer confirms to Iggy that Iggy is free to go.

The officer talking to Lightspeed remarks somewhat sarcastically, "So, you didn't see anything? Right . . ." This officer joins O'Malley in examining the lobby.

A group of reporters have begun to cluster outside the bank. [OOC: If you want to boost popularity, you can talk to the reporters.]

30. - Top - End - #90

Superstar nods at the others,

"Okay. I know the perfect place for a meet. It's quiet and ---"

Seeing the reporters forming outside the bank, Superstar sighs,

"Paparazzi. I can't get away from 'em. Well - let's be heroic for the cameras."

The tall, muscular warrior strides past the other heroes to make sure he gets "front row". Stepping outside the building to the street, Superstar meets the press,

"It was unbelievable! I don't know how we all survived!"

He goes into an over-the-top recount of the action, praising the other heroes, explaining how 4 (count 'em) crooks beat him unconscious & how the others saved the civilians, barely escaping with their lives.

Just what the press wants.

Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to get a little posting in before I fail the Popularity roll :P
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-03-26 at 09:47 PM.