New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Legends

1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Future Legends

Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

The halfling chuckled to himself at the comments being made. speak for yourself.he thought, all my strength lies in secrecy. He made a straightening up movement as if he were about to leave, but it was only for show. He wanted to stay and listen to the thoughts of the other people with him.
    If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Psht. Worthlesss. I'm doing that anyway.

Balthizaar turns to immediatly leave, but pauses when people begin to question the "advice".

Let's see what these mortals have to say.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The guard turned toward Bastiel and replied, "As to how you are to get stronger, that is up to you. I'm sure there are numerous people in the city in need of the help of a few strapping lads. I was not given specific instructions as to how you are to gain strength. I was merely told to inform you that you need to become stronger before the Oracle can See anything useful regarding your futures."
    Rest peacefully, Grandma. We'll miss you.
    3/13/07

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel sighs, but smiles after a moment, though strainedly, and turns back to look at Patrick. "Well...? Know any shopkeeps who need some heavy lifting done?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton, taking this all in turns to Balthazaar
    Draconic:Why would we be invited into this room, only to be told to go away and come back later, i think something else is going on here.

While saying this he gets a glint in his eye, almost like he expected something to happen.

After speaking his mind Knoton turns, studying the others in the room, wondering how many actually understood what he said, waiting for a response
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

6. - Top - End - #66

Draconic to Knoten:
    "I should hope so. What a waste of time if this is the extent of the "Great Oracle's power. The least it could do is give us some lead us to the "power" it wants us to aquire...

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick HP: 14/14 AC:19/19

Patrick suddenly felt something messing with his coin purse. Snapping his head around, he manages to catch sight of the hand of the halfing fleeing his sparse collection of money.

"What ar' ya' on about there, lit'le man? Stealin' from a man's meager savin's aint no way to be making a livlihood. 'Specially if that man is bigger den ya' ar'. I'd advise not trying dat one again."

Patrick rifled through his coins to make sure they were all there. Seeing that they were, he pulled off the pouch and held it in front of himself.

"The right thing ta' do would be ta' ask. I'd probably have given ya' some too. But ya' lost that chance."

He quickly placed the pouch in a pocket within his tunic. And turned back towards the conversation.

"But if you feel the need ta' do it again, ya' might try to not get caught."

With that, he gave the halfling a wink, and listened to the other's and their questions.

Bastiel turned to him and asked about any work he might know of.

"No ser, I don't. I'm jus' as new here as ya' are. An' I'm not sure tha' be the type o' strength he be talking about."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn HP:15/15 AC:19

Caeradwyn takes in the news with a calm smile then turns to his questioning fellows
    “Ah say we goo and find oot if this city, as new as it be, has any threats oor troobles a groop oof stroong men can doo anything aboot. Since we seem destined to be together we might woont to stay together and see if we can’t help eachoother.”

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Ziad quickly shrunk down in embarrasment. He was a bit frustrated that he was caught but he felt a small sence of admiration for his victim because he took it so well.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton turns again to Balthazaar
    Draconic: Mind if i go with you? We both share a distaste for people, and hopefully this hatred can make it bearable for both of us to work together. What do you say? Just for the time being.
    After saying this, Knoton decides to wait for this specified "power" before asking the questions he had intended to ask the oracle.

Last edited by lvl27FreakShow; 2006-11-28 at 11:47 PM. Reason: needed punctuation :)

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel raises an eyebrow at the would-be thief, hiding a smile of amusement. "Are you really that hard-off that you'd want to dig into OUR pockets? What's your name, little Master?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Halfling in the Playground

Basura AC:12 HP:9/9

Basura looks slightly anoyed, yet to her companions’ talk she listens and, after patting her pouches and giving Scrud a reprimanding look, she speaks to Visturon. “If there is room for a smart woman to add some thought power to your group of strong men then I will have to say that you seem to be among the smartest of the people who were called in here." then more to the group "Anyone else think they might want to achieve something with their lives? Or at least earn the answers from the Oracle that we all came to find?”
    Last edited by Kirstin; 2006-11-29 at 02:54 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Balthizaar leans close to Knoton and whispers.
    Draconic to Knoton:
    "Perhaps we should pool our efforts. And should you fall, you'll make a fine subject for my magic. In fact, so would they."
    He stands up straight again, and returns Basura's offer.
    "If my new "friend" here dosn't object, we shall come with you."
    He somewhat laughs to himself when he says friend, but his laugh is somewhat unpleasent and unfriendly.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn returns Basura’s statement. “There do be room and Ah thank yoo for the coompliment, Ah do try too noot be as doomb as Ah be strong.”
    Turning to Knoton and Balthazaar, “Yoo be welcoome to come aloong, a mage’s wisdoom and special talents can coome in very handy and the same with a man oof the wild, might Ah ask as too whoot all yoor names are though?”

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel raises an eyebrow at the somewhat haughty attitude of Basura, giving Patrick a dubious glance. "...What do you think, Sir? Think they're safe to... mingle with?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You all see a short dark-skinned woman whisper something to the tall dark-haired woman who whispers back, then strides out of the room with the short woman right behind her.
    Last edited by Theeon; 2006-11-29 at 09:27 PM.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I believe so, greater strength comes with greater numbers. I think we should stick with 'em for a while."

Patrick watched the two whispering men out of the corner of his eyes as he waited for a response.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton leans close to Balthazaar
    Draconic:Your hospitality is astounding, your kindness knows no bounds
    Knoton is speaking in total sarcasm, blatently obvious.

Knoton bows shyly to
    Caeradwyn, stating; My name is Knoton silverwing, nice to meet you.

Last edited by lvl27FreakShow; 2006-11-29 at 10:51 PM. Reason: punctuation, im not a punctuation type of person

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel nods to Patrick before replying to Basura's question. "Indeed, Madam... if The Oracle says we all have some part to play in the grander scheme of things, then we probably should stick together. However, I won't trust my life to those I don't know..." Giving a distrusting look to the people speaking in, what appeared to him to be, nonsense. He wiped it away quickly, however, smiling cheerfully. "So how about a round of introductions, eh? My name is Bastiel Perral, simple swordsman." He gives a curteous bow to the group, looking around for who would take their turn next.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Hiroshi Hatori

Hiroshi stands in the corner quietly. Dismay welling up inside as he considers what the Oracle’s henchman tells him.

21. - Top - End - #81

Basura smiles to Caeradwyn, and then to Balthazaar and Knoton jointly, and then to Bastiel and Patrick whom she addresses in a very proper tone. “It’s nice to know that there are still men who show courtesy toward a lady but it is unnecessary with me, as I am not but a humble mage with a tendency to talk…and talk.” She gives a somewhat apologetic look before continuing to talk. “My name is Basura and I would hope that as little as you know me you trust me enough to travel beside me.” She turns toward Caeradwyn once more, “since you proposed this group and noone else seems interested I think it fitting that you guide us off into the city, though I have to ask if anyone here knows anything about this town at all?”

22. - Top - End - #82

"Balthazaar" he stated clearly and curtly to the room in general.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ziad, but you can call me Scrud" Ziad spoke with as freindly of a voice as he could manage. Somewhat akwardly he tugged the sleave of Basura and motioned for her to come closer.

[wisper to Basura]:Your the only one I seem to be on semi good terms with at the moment, so Im going to trust you with this information. I overheard two women talking just now. they spoke of ahave some work for us. place in town called the crown and three and a man named bartimus who might

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn states to the group in his cheerful style, “Ah be called Vist by anyoone ootside my family and woone day you may very well learn whoot my troo name be. I hoope that be good enoough to let yoo troost me.” He then addresses the whole room in a more questioning way. “If noo woone has any oobjections then we oought too be oof.”
    Caeradwyn takes a step toward the door.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Off? But off to where, Mr. Vist? It's not like we were given a roadmap!"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton turns to follow, accepting that with the help of these people he will eventually be able to speak to the oracle, and get the answers he so desires
    Last edited by lvl27FreakShow; 2006-12-01 at 12:33 AM. Reason: hahahaha, i had to remove punctuation this time

27. - Top - End - #87

Basura whispers to Scrud: “Thank you, though I would appreciate a bit of clarifying on what you just said.” She straitens and speaks in Vist’s direction “It seems we ought to go to a place called The Crown and Three and look for a Bartimus. There could be work there, or if not, what harm is done by remaining as disoriented as we are?” Basura again turns to the Halfling “I hope you will come with us, as long as you stay away from our purses at least, there should be some money in whatever we do."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick HP: 14/14 AC: 19

Patrick chuckled upon hearing Basura's comment to the halfling, then turns to Vist.

"I agree with the lass, any lead for work would be a very good start on our path to grea'er strength."

He readjusted his pack on his shoulders and began walking to the door.
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...
    http://narutodnd.jconserv.net/index.php

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking up for the first time since entering the room, Hiroshi says,

Might I suggest that we split into two groups, there are plenty of us here already, and I see that we are divided nearly equally between spell casters and warriors. Certainly we can cover more ground and discover whatever path we’ve been set upon more quickly. Besides it would be easier and faster to find jobs as well.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel raises an eyebrow at Hiroshi's comment. "That's all well and good, but didn't the Oracle say that our destinies were intertwined? I should think we should stay together..."