New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Legends

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Future Legends

Caeradwyn HP:15/15 AC:19

Caeradwyn turns to Hiroshi, “Ah be noot sure that that be sooch a good idea since we have noo way too find each oother again. Thoough it is oop too the groop. If we doo split oop woold it not be wise to split with equal spells and brawn in each part?” He walks to the door while talking then turns back and continues. ”Ah think we oought too stick toogether and find this Croown and Three then we coold split oop if that be a dead trail.”
    Caeradwyn steps through the door and starts toward the exit of the main room.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

Basura AC:12 HP:9/9

Basura addresses the group as she moves toward the door, “I have to agree with him and you, Bastiel, we probably should not split up. And we best follow before he gets to far gone or the fool will get lost in the city without us.” She leaves the room to go catch the strolling swordsman.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Hiroshi

Folding one arm under the other, he rubs his chin with his index finger and thumb and says,
    Well, ok since no one wishes to split up, I have to ask, what shall we do next?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Idiots. All of them.

Balthazaar has been watching everyone talking, then suddenly turns and leaves, disregarding anyone else in the room. He intends to walk straight to the tavern, coldly asking any random peasent on the way where it is if need by.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton realizes, of all the people he has met today, balthazaar is perhaps the wisest. Following Balthazaar out, Knoton hopes this is the best way to get something done
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon exiting the tower Caeradwyn calls to the first local-looking person he sees and approaches him while speaking “Good man, Woould yoo be able too tell me where Ah might find a place called The Croown and Three? Or perhaps where Ah could find soomeoone whoo would knoow where it be?”
    He then looks back for anyone following while he waits for the man's responce and smiles to the three that come out the door, hoping they see him and come on over.
    Last edited by Visturon; 2006-12-05 at 12:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel nods at Basura and follows, raising an eyebrow at the abruptness of the darkly-clad one.

[ Sorry for the half-assed post, guys, but I'm in exam mode right now.. ]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The villager vaguely knows what the half elf is taking about, and after a few wrong turns and asking several other villagers for directions he takes you to a good size tavern with a sign stating it as the Crown an’ Three. After taking you there he stands there as if expecting something.
    Last edited by Theeon; 2006-12-05 at 02:39 PM.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick HP: 14/14 AC: 19

Patrick followed Vist out of the tower and eventually to the Crown an' Three, by way of passin commoner. Noticing that the man still stood, expectantly by the door, Patrick leaned toward Vist and whispered, "I think 'ee be expectan' somet'in' for 'is troubles..."
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...
    http://narutodnd.jconserv.net/index.php

10. - Top - End - #100

Basura follows as best she can, asking directions when necessary and arrives at the Crown and Three with those who reached it before her. She turns to Vist, looking some what annoyed and speaks in a tone to match, “As much as we all agreed that the time to come here was upon us, that was a little bit too sudden and without any wait for the rest of us to catch up.” She then turns to the newly discovered destination and speaks generally to all. “I hope the rest meet us here for there is no way to tell how or when fate will weave us back together again or even if it shall…”

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Ziad was flustered by the rappid disperse of people from the building but with little trouble he was able to stay close to Basura. Arriving at the crown And Three, he surveyed his new surroundings in hopes of finding something to entertain himself.
    If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn reaches under the giant coat he holds at his side and produces a copperpiece to hand the man while saying, “Ah thank yoo for yoor help.” He then turns to everyone else who has arrived “Shall we head oon in oor wait for the oothers too catch oop?”

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The Crown and Three

The Crown and Three is a simple two-level tavern built of roughly hewn logs, looking like most other buildings in the area: hastily and cheaply put together. Inside, it looks like a typical tavern, but a tad nicer. A long bar takes up one corner with a staircase leading to the second floor opposite it and an enormous oak table across from it. A tumbler performs in an area cleared of tables for a decent sized audience scattered about the tables and bar stools. In one corner sits a hunched figured with wild wisps of white hair sticking out at odd angles from his hood. At his table (which is only half the size of all the other tables) sit the two women who had left so hastily after being told they could not see the Oracle until the were stronger, engaged in conversation with the eccentric looking man. A bulky man leans casually against the door, his sleepy half-closed eyes sweeping the room lazily.

Crown_and_Three
    Rest peacefully, Grandma. We'll miss you.
    3/13/07

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn keeps his eyes on the hunched man as he walks toward the counter and takes a stool. Calling to the bartender, he orders an ale and gestures his gathered party over.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Looking around at the crown and three, the halfling felt a slight sence of insecurity. New places always gave him mixed feelings of nervousness and exitement. His eyes darted left and right until he found who appeared to be the man he was here for. Taking a deep breath for extra confidence, he approached the hunched fugure at the smaller table. "excuse me old timer," Ziad began, "Me and my... um... comrades are looking for trouble... that is... were not looking for trouble... but if you have any then we will.. um... relieve you of it...." He gave a hopeful look and waited for any type of reply.
    Last edited by deadpony; 2006-12-08 at 02:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Balthazaar enters the tavern and stops inside the door. He looks around, enjoying the shade from the sun and keeping his face under his hood still.
    He walks over to the bar that Caeradwynis seated at, and sits as far away as possible in the corner, while still being at the bar, saying nothing.
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2006-12-08 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Unfreindlyness

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

As Knoton walks through the door he notices the halfling making conversation with the hunched man in the room. He walks up behind Balthazaar, saying
    Draconic: should we threaten the guy to get our answers, or let the incompetant halfling do it?
    after saying this he takes a seat.
    Last edited by lvl27FreakShow; 2006-12-08 at 08:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Returning his answer to Knoton:
    Draconic:I'd like to not get involved. I'll see how he does.
    He continues to sit at the bar, not ordering anything and looking straigh ahead.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel walks up alongside Ziad, not saying a whole lot, but letting the would-be thief do the talking. He lays his hand as casually as he can on the hilt of his sword, just to let those two women know it was there. He had a bad feeling as to who they were, but also refrained from saying that for the moment.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The old man stuttered to a halt and looked blankly at Ziad. The dark-haired woman across from him slowly turned her frosty gaze on the halfling and his companion, giving them a withering look, clearly unimpressed with Bastiel's obvious display of his sword. The smaller woman, her rich brown skin contrasting sharply with her strangely pale hair, began gently drumming her fingers against the tabletop.

"Interrupting someone when they're in the middle of a conversation is generally considered a very rude thing to do," the dark-haired woman said in a tone that could freeze lava. "Especially when you clearly have no idea whom you are interrupting. For all you know this so-called 'old timer' could be be the king of Taralyn," she said, naming the kingdom directly to the south. "And he could have you beheaded for such impudence.

"As it happens, he is not the king of Taralyn, but that in no way makes your actions more justified. I would strongly advise you to think twice next time before barging into someone's conversation or you might find that you yourself are incapable of holding a conversation ever again." She gave him a menacing glare and began brushing the inside of her left wrist with her fingertips as if she had some kind of itch.

"Jade," the old man said nervously, addressing the dark-haired woman, "there really is no need for that, I don't mind helping him."

"Oh, be quiet. You can help them when you're done with me." Then, turning back to Ziad, she snapped, "Go away and wait until I'm done. Then you can talk to him."
    3/13/07

21. - Top - End - #111

Balthazaar turns his head slightly to watch the woman talk. Knoten will probably notice Balthazaar's breathing become harder, and somewhat erratic, as well as look tense beneth the black robes. His face is still obscured by the shadows of the hood, however. He begins muttering very quietly. Only those at the bar can probably hear him well enough to understand what he is saying.

...Should KILL her! Guards... I could strike her down... All talk, can't here.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Knoton turns to Balthazaar
    Draconic:whats wrong, is everything okay?
    Knoton turns to the Barkeep and orders a drink, he pays the man, then slides the drink over, hoping it will calm Balthazaars nerves

23. - Top - End - #113

No.... I'm fine.

Balthazaar takes the drink and downs it in one drink, making his hood fall down, showing his pale face again. He then resumes watching Ziad and the group talk to the girls.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel rubs his chin thoughtfully as he contemplates what he overheard as he approached the table with his companions, and gives a friendly smile, hand still on the hilt of his sword to show he wasn't just a dunderhead. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with this gentleman, ladies. By the looks, and sounds, of you two, you seem to be in the same boat as us, especially considering you were told the same thing by the Oracle as ourselves. Why don't we work together for, as the lovely pale-haired one said..." He nods his head and gives a gesture in her direction, "...the common good."

25. - Top - End - #115

Basura chuckles to herself as she crosses the room and sits by Vist. She speaks loud enough to be heard around the bar but not across the room “I suppose we shall wait a minute then approach, hoping for a better result than those two seem to want to allow.” She then gestures to the Barkeep and orders a gallon of ale and six empty mugs, she fills one mug and takes a small sip as if it were fine wine.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ziad flinches at what he started, "Im sorry, I didnt mean to interrupt, We can wait if you wish but I think it might be a bit wiser if we at least try to work together."With that, he gives a frustrated look and walks away to find better company. He notices a wild looking man talking to a dark figure in the corner. Those two dont seem to want to be involved with anyone here, He thought, He walked over to the wild one and tugged on his shirt. "HEY! My name is Scrud. Whats yours?" The halfling stood waiting for a reply.
    Last edited by deadpony; 2006-12-12 at 03:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caeradwyn relaxes while slowly drinking his ale and replies to Basura in a voice of similar volume, “Ah have too agree with yoo aboot that, boot Ah wish they woold hoory oop soo that we might get oonder way.” He then takes another drink and looks across the room at Bastiel before calling out to him, “Ah doon’t think they woont too woork with oos soo we may as well joost enjooy a good drink.”

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patrick HP: 14/14 AC: 19

Patrick walked to the bar and set his gear down next to the stool he sat on. Nodding to Basura in thanks, he grabs a mug of ale and drains half of it.
    "Ah, tha' remin's me o' home. Nothing like a good mug o' ale to make you feel ready for anything."
    With that he looks across the room at the old man and the women talking to him, making sure that nothing would come of it.
    Theeon, Vazzaroth, anarch nomad, and my Naruto conversion site. Still under construction, but feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and questions...
    No flames...
    http://narutodnd.jconserv.net/index.php

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The pale-haired woman sighed and plopped her chin into one hand, a thoroughly bored expression crossing her face. "Now you've done it," she muttered exhasperatedly.

Jade, the dark-haired woman, turned back to Bastiel with agonizing slowness, her chilling blue-green eyes narrowed to slits. Unhurriedly, she stood, unfolding herself inch by inch until her eyes leveled perfectly with Bastiel's.

"I don't think I would ever put myself in the same category as you. What makes you think you have anything in common with me? You and I are quite possibly as vastly different as two living creatures can be." She paused to rake her eyes up and down his form. "You are ignorant and weak. Do you honestly think you intimidate me with your big sword and your self-confidence?" Suddenly a dagger flashed into her left hand, which she began flipping deftly, the light from the torches glinting maliciously off of its highly polished, lethal surfaces. "I can be frightening too," she whispered, her voice like silk rustling on cold steel.

The guard at the door stirred reluctantly. "Jade," he rumbled, "don't start anything."

"I wouldn't dream of it, Thomas," she replied, not breaking eye contact with Bastiel.

"I'm sure," Thomas snorted.

"Now," Jade said, ignoring Tomas's comment, "Why don't you just go sit down at the bar, order yourself a drink like your friend so wisely suggested, and wait your turn patiently like a good boy?" She did not sit back down, but she had clearly already dismissed him and moved on to other things in her mind.
    3/13/07

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bastiel stands his ground, eyebrows raised in mild surprise. Cocking his head to the side a little, he blinks at her. "I... apologize, m'lady, if it seemed that I was trying to be intimidating." He raises his hand away from the hilt of his sword and shrugged. "I just saw that you two clearly knew what you were doing, and I should be prepared for any misgivings that might occur, but seeing as how it doesn't seem you're one that's prone to rash action, why don't we just talk? No for harsh words or harsher actions." He maintained his smile, not trying to come off as stand-offish.

[ Diplomacy check, meguesses?: 20 + 10 = 30, woot! ]
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=776058

[ Hopefully that'll do something :D ]