New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 14: Oddly Squishy

Kate's Apartment

>They are the things sticking out on either side of me, the same color as my hair but rigid and transparent. They help me to move around vertically, since gravity normally pulls people down towards the ground they need a way to move upwards. My way is to have wings. I know up and down might not mean much to you, so I'll give you some directions.

Mintbalm points towards the floor with her index finger in a very obvious gesture.

>That was down.

And does the same upwards.

>That was up.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

The AI thinks for a bit. While it's doing that, the necromorph inside Kate's computer crawls past. Not taking note of it, the AI replies:

Interesting.

Kate finishes her cake. "Thank you, Mintbalm. That was very good!"

3. - Top - End - #843

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

The AI thinks for a bit. While it's doing that, the necromorph inside Kate's computer crawls past. Not taking note of it, the AI replies:

Interesting.

Kate finishes her cake. "Thank you, Mintbalm. That was very good!"
    Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm also pays the necromorph no mind, mostly because she's turned away from the screen to beam at Kate over the compliment, "You're welcome!"

>So is there anything else? It is kind of hard to know what you do or don't already know, but I'm happy to answer as many questions as I can.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Nothing right now. I want to think about what you've told me for a bit.

Kate is momentarily distracted by wondering what to do with the dishes, but for now simply sets them aside.

She is then distracted by wondering what to do next. Not any less awkward than she used to be, Kate isn't sure where this should go from here. She'll let Mintbalm say the next thing.

Sophie notices that Kate's being awkward and rolls her eyes. This isn't difficult, if you're not sure about what should happen next you ask if there's been anything interesting else going on in their life. Worst case there is small-talk happens.

However, Sophie does not come to Kate's rescue yet. She wants to finish her cake first.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-05-07 at 10:37 AM.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Terry's Lab

After the whiskers, Terry gets a bit of a break from any more impromptu changes. At least until the next time she uses magic.
    [Terry's Lab]

Terry sighs. Dammit all, Waldorf. she rubs her head a bit, "Looks like it only affects me when I'm using magic. It's a magic feeder, or something."

She rubs the back of her head and begins looking through the alchemy book. She's looking for potions that dispel all active effects. Or at least close to it.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Cave

Hildur leans a little into the rubbing. "Nice doesn't begin to describe it.
    "You hungry?"
    she asks after a moment.
    She nods and giggles, stretching.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

7. - Top - End - #847

Cave

"Anything in particular?" Ashley asks. "I'm not a very good cook, but I'll do my best."

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Ummmmm.
    Uh.
    Thinking.
    Words.
    I don't know...

She giggles, rubbing her neck.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #849

Cave

Hildur giggles as well and kisses Thyrza's cheek. "Ham sandwiches it is then," she says, as she heads over to their fridge.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Thryza grins, stretching and scratching her back.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851

Cave

"You want anything on yours?" Hildur asks, as she just slaps some ham slices in between two pieces of bread. She doesn't like condiments much.

12. - Top - End - #852

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

Nothing right now. I want to think about what you've told me for a bit.

Kate is momentarily distracted by wondering what to do with the dishes, but for now simply sets them aside.

She is then distracted by wondering what to do next. Not any less awkward than she used to be, Kate isn't sure where this should go from here. She'll let Mintbalm say the next thing.

Sophie notices that Kate's being awkward and rolls her eyes. This isn't difficult, if you're not sure about what should happen next you ask if there's been anything interesting else going on in their life. Worst case there is small-talk happens.

However, Sophie does not come to Kate's rescue yet. She wants to finish her cake first.
    Kate's Apartment

"Right, well I found out that away from other lesser fey nothing was stopping my power from growing into that of a greater fey, and after that I took a long time trying to figure out what that means now. You're not in any danger of it happening, but if Sophie starts growing at any point then that's probably what's happening to her. After I learned all about my new abilities, I had to go tell one of my grig friends, and Copi found me so I had a talk and a cry with her about it and some other things. Then I figured I should tell you since I haven't seen you in a while." Mintbalm pauses for a breath even though she doesn't really need it.

"You know about Peter Pan right, how he and the lost boys never grew up? That's what being a pixie is like. Coming to the Nexus was like leaving Neverland, and then going through puberty all over again. I did a lot of growing up."

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Terry's Lab]

Terry sighs. Dammit all, Waldorf. she rubs her head a bit, "Looks like it only affects me when I'm using magic. It's a magic feeder, or something."

She rubs the back of her head and begins looking through the alchemy book. She's looking for potions that dispel all active effects. Or at least close to it.
    Terry's Lab

The alchemy book isn't so straightforward as that. The closest things it has to potions that dispel magic are ones that absorb and draw it out of objects. Usually they're brewed in small batches for potency since they have a short period where they're active after brewing and making more takes longer. If Terry were to make a batch large enough to bathe in then the book cautions that it would only be powerful enough to withdraw minor cantrips and annoyances at best.

It does hint at there being more potent or longer lasting brews that are both more specialized and volatile, and that should only be attempted by a master alchemist confident with their craft or someone with magical shields strong enough to withstand blasts that would otherwise wreck the workspace entirely.

There's also a footnote written by Waldorf below, the ink almost still wet on the page, Remember what your test is. Identify the spell, think of the likely causes and how they relate to how it might be removed. You can't always rely on shortcuts, and this test is an example of that. Here's a hint! If a curse is cast in such a way as to be nearly unbreakable, it must have a backdoor trigger that dispels it.

-Waldorf

13. - Top - End - #853
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate nods. "That's interesting. Well... I guess it's kind of like a more literal version of leaving one's home. Anytime you wind up doing unusual things, you mature some. I guess it just happens a lot more literally for fairies, which seems to happen a lot with fairies."

Kate is quiet a minute. "It's nice to know you're okay. I figured you were, but I was kind of worried."

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Cave

"You want anything on yours?" Hildur asks, as she just slaps some ham slices in between two pieces of bread. She doesn't like condiments much.
    Shaking her head, Thryza smiles.
    Oh, by the way, I heard there's this place that started, it's called Arcanus... I hear they have an Alchemy department.
    Think I should see if they're hiring?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855

Cave

Hildur makes a second ham sandwich and hands it to Thyrza. "Sure, sounds fun. I could come with you, if you'd like," she says.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Awesome! With you by my side, I'll discover the Azoth and Alkahest in no time!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

[Terry's Lab]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Kate's Apartment

"Right, well I found out that away from other lesser fey nothing was stopping my power from growing into that of a greater fey, and after that I took a long time trying to figure out what that means now. You're not in any danger of it happening, but if Sophie starts growing at any point then that's probably what's happening to her. After I learned all about my new abilities, I had to go tell one of my grig friends, and Copi found me so I had a talk and a cry with her about it and some other things. Then I figured I should tell you since I haven't seen you in a while." Mintbalm pauses for a breath even though she doesn't really need it.

"You know about Peter Pan right, how he and the lost boys never grew up? That's what being a pixie is like. Coming to the Nexus was like leaving Neverland, and then going through puberty all over again. I did a lot of growing up."

Terry's Lab

The alchemy book isn't so straightforward as that. The closest things it has to potions that dispel magic are ones that absorb and draw it out of objects. Usually they're brewed in small batches for potency since they have a short period where they're active after brewing and making more takes longer. If Terry were to make a batch large enough to bathe in then the book cautions that it would only be powerful enough to withdraw minor cantrips and annoyances at best.

It does hint at there being more potent or longer lasting brews that are both more specialized and volatile, and that should only be attempted by a master alchemist confident with their craft or someone with magical shields strong enough to withstand blasts that would otherwise wreck the workspace entirely.

There's also a footnote written by Waldorf below, the ink almost still wet on the page, Remember what your test is. Identify the spell, think of the likely causes and how they relate to how it might be removed. You can't always rely on shortcuts, and this test is an example of that. Here's a hint! If a curse is cast in such a way as to be nearly unbreakable, it must have a backdoor trigger that dispels it.

-Waldorf

"I'd assume it's an example of his sick sense of humor, too," Lucy observes, shaking her head. "So, seeing as I can't really do magic, I assume it only really affects you? Unless somehow it's connected to me?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #858

Cave

Hildur smiles, though a bit in confusion. "How could I help? I don't know the first thing about alchemy."

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Well, you could do assisty things... also just being there would keep me motivated. She stretches and giggles. That's what matters to me, really.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #860

Cave

"Then I'll be with you during your research," Hildur says, leaning to peck her cheek.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Thryza hugs her and grins. Sweet! You'll look crazy hot in a labcoat, I bet.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #862

Cave

Hildur giggles, hugging Thyrza rather tightly. "Well, I hope I won't have to give up what I'm wearing now," she says. "'Cause I think I look pretty hot now, too."

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Grinning, she nods. 'Course not, just put the labcoat on over it and stuff... and you look hot all the time, really.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864

Cave

"I could say the same thing," Hildur says, leaving their sandwiches on a table before turning her attention back to Thyrza, mostly by trying to kiss her.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Thryza giggles, kissing back. Mmmm, when should we go, dear?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866

Cave

"I say we go tomorrow morning," Hildur says, starting to rub her lover's sides. "Is that okay with you?"

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Thryza grins, rubbing her girlfriend's back.
    I like that idea, gives us time before to... relax.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #868

Cave

"Mmm, relax isn't the word I'd use, hon," Hildur says, as her hands start wandering a little.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cave]
    Thryza is eager as well, already reaching to pull the curtain.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #870

Cave

Hildur doesn't even bother heading for their bed, and she's leaning against a cave wall when the curtain rises.