New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Former Warchief of the WolfSong Clan now works in Portlandia

Hello, guys! Yes, I have a webcomic. Yes, it is a fantasy comic with a fantasy creature. It's called the The Last Orc, and it's about an orc, last of his kind and former warchief of the Wolf-Song clan, who is forced to survive in modern day Portland, Oregon.

You can find the first comic here.

The Last Orc is about being a "fish out of water", a loner, and outsider, and not fitting in. It's also about masculinity and how it's changing, and about race - - I put a lot on my orc and what he is supposed to represent, and I dress all those topics in a nice fantasy candy shell (with plenty of nerd references to boot).

I run the comic off of blogger, but I will be moving to ComicPress at some point in the near future. I try to update twice a week, usually. I draw the comic on GIMP using a Wacom Bamboo tablet.

Let me know what you think.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Former Warchief of the WolfSong Clan now works in Portlandia

Great cartooning in this comic. Nice art and pacing. The look of the character kinda reminds me of a character from Alan Moore's "Top 10" series, but I can't remember the guys name. The only problem I have is that the font is kinda small, and the white old english font against black balloons is very hard to read. Is it possible to post the strips about 150-200 pixels wider? If not, you may want to consider enlarging your font. Well done comic,though.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Former Warchief of the WolfSong Clan now works in Portlandia

Thank you for the feedback! I will look into a bigger font.