New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside VI

[Coffee Shop]

Not an artificer. 'Scientist.' There is scientific method, we use it, it does this thing called 'science.' Although in a way, my job description better fits 'engineer', since most of my work has already been done by people doing the actual research, with me just applying the concepts to making stuff that uses them in a practical way. But I do research of my own. So, y'know. Details. Arthur hates alternative terminology for science, but he keeps his attitude to himself.

Redirecting his attention to Willow and her Magternship, he frowns again. "And I still think being an intern for the guy who hates your dad, and shot my dad, is a bad idea. But I'm biased." He sips his own coffee.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

2. - Top - End - #122

Mallside General

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Mallside - General]

"Hm...actually, I may be able to assist with Dionysus.
    ...perhaps."

Doesn't she still owe him something? Something involving a suit of some kind, in a present...

"It may require a little work."

Libby makes a vague effort to not dwell on that for the moment, instead considering the latter part of Magtok's list.
    "I haven't plied my brand of cybernetics in awhile. Perhaps they could be giant cyber-scorpions?"

What's worse than being chased by giant scorpions on a death hunt across an island?
    Being chased by giant Magstyle-twisted scorpions on a death hunt across an island.

...mostly the reaper wants to know how they would look, now that they're on the topic.

As J1M proceeds to punch S4M...the cube fails to react as they desired.
    Which is a shame really, because a kung-fu wielding polygon would be pretty badass.

Instead, it seems to be slowly and ominously drifting...away.
    Very slowly, but definitely still away.
    How? That is an incredibly good question. It's still on the ground, but does not appear to be making any scraping noises or other acknowledgements of friction.

It's just very slowly moving away. Periodically casting shadows reminiscent of a certain complex mathematical function that may or may not create an image likening to that of a certain emotional symbol.

"If you can do mammals, anything as unsophisticated and dumb as a scorpion should be a piece of cake," Magtok says with a shrug. There's no way Leslie could've been easier than a scorpion. It's not even one of those really fancy arachnids, like spiders, with all their fancy webbing and junk!

"I guess it'd have a laser at the end of its tail? Claws and a giant tail-pincer thing would be kinda excessive when it comes to melee. Maybe it cuts its way through the scenery with its super-strong pincers, and hunts with lasers? We'd need some pretty lush scenery to give the contestants a chance, though."

The Magbots just stand and stare like idiots for now. How the heck is it doing that?! One of them tries showing it a book, wondering if maybe it'll be able to speak if it learns enough iconography. Stupid Magbot, nobody ever just learns to write from glancing at a single page full of gibberish letters.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-04-07 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Mallside - General]

"Well, slightly less to work with, on scorpions, nerve-wise. I guess it'd become more computer than animal, by that point?
    I'm sure it could be worked out."

It'd just end up being really weird.
    Probably.

"What if we gave it plasma pincers to go with a tail-mounted thermal lance?"
    Does Libby know what any of those things are?
    Is she just saying things at random that sound kinda cool?

Find out next time!

The cube does pause, as the book is presented.
    And then resumes floating away as if nothing happened.

Although, random letters and numbers seem to be drifting out of its shadow...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

[COFFEE SHOP]

Cuffs raises an eyebrow of interest. "A scientist by trade, eh? So, are ye more of a generalist, or do ye have a particular field o' study which yer interested in?"
    Dance with me ta me theme song lads!
    Come check out some of my artwork and short stories at bronyheresy.deviantart.com if you like quirky humor, long descriptions, and good characterization.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria looks in the mirror and smiles.

Thank you so much, it's wonderful.

She reaches in her pouch and hands Brightclaws a couple of diamonds.

You have a great day.

Felandria exits, heading towards the Bunny Ears Boutique to get some clothes.
    Several hours later (Making sure she gets her measurements taken so everything fits just right, even if it's unneccesary), Felandria exits the clothing shop, several bags of clothes in her hands, wearing a black tee shirt and jeans.

She heads back to Erin's Emporium to pick up her gear.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BronyHeresy View Post
    [COFFEE SHOP]

Cuffs raises an eyebrow of interest. "A scientist by trade, eh? So, are ye more of a generalist, or do ye have a particular field o' study which yer interested in?"

"Currently? Dimensional travel,"
    Willow says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hair, Nails, Scales and Claws

And the two girls meet up with Cessie, probably at the check out. "Oooh, nice hairdo, Cessie."

"Yeah, it looks really good on you." Ilphy says with a smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Erin's Emporium - Musings]

"Just proof of concept, Mimi. She knew you were tough enough to take it." the muse said with a faint smile. She wouldn't admit to herself that seeing Mimi angry was, perhaps, more amusing that it strictly should be (something she suspected Misha would agree with her on given how much teasing went on), but she still let herself laugh inwardly before trying to calm her down.

"I think I could build a sort of stunning device based on that idea but that looks like it would be pretty effective." she said to Misha. Still, it was a quite seviceable idea all on its own. Riss had yet to try handling the energy weapons, though, as she was still a bit wary due to recent events. Crissy may need to mention firing ranges or testing rooms before she tries touching things again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

"Oooh. Well, that could be interesting...we do have energy-based stunners, but that would, like, be a cool alternative...we do have some places where you could totally test that out, if you'd like," Crissy suggests with a bright smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Mimi looks at Misha with confusion. What is she going on about anyway? And what's with the paper tu- In the fraction of a second Mimi has to react to the projectile shooting toward her, she feels it coming and twists out of the way. It just barely clips her on the shoulder, setting her off balance. "Whoa!" She wobbles and then tips over and off of Riss' shoulder. With a few flaps of her wings she's upright again and glaring daggers at Misha. "What was that for?"
    Erin's Emporium

Misha holds up her hands placatingly, "Sorry! I thought I made it pretty obvious I was aiming it at you, and I figured you were fast enough to dodge it. It must have been going way faster than I thought, I didn't think anything was faster than your reflexes. Forgive me?" She sounds sincere, but the added flattery is just to try and make amends for actually tagging the pixie with her childish prank. She turns to Crissy halfway, pivoting her waist without moving her feet, before nodding in response to the offer of a testing range.

"Yeah, that sounds good. There was one other thought I had, but that's a lot simpler and doesn't really need a barrel or something to test it on. I could show it to you, but I don't think it's something you could use unless you could manipulate water like I can."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Mimi's expression softens in the face of Misha's hasty apology. Well, she's not hurt. It was just startling is all. Heck, she probably would have dodged it if she hadn't been so befuddled at first. "'S okay." Mimi says, awkwardly rubbing the back of her head.

10. - Top - End - #130

[Erin's Emporium]

Well if there were testing rooms then... Well, while that may have been a fluke that one time, I don't think it would be wise to just try handling something else just in case this... Whatever it may be has an effect again. Maybe I should see how things should work so I have something of a benchmark at least? Finding that her mouth had gone slightly dry, Riss had to make a few tries before her words came. "S-So, could we see a demonstration? Of the, ah, energy blades, maybe?" she said, her words coming relatively smoothly at the moment.

The dryness of her mouth seemed to be a reminder for something else, though. It had been a while since breakfast and she was trying to keep from relying on her internal nutrient stores for day to day things. It was still a bad habit she was trying to get rid of.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Muses]

"Well, I'm, like, really good with numbers, but not with the waterbending," Crissy admits, shaking her head. "And, sure! I can demonstrate, I'm totally no expert but it'll be good enough. This way!" And the blonde Valley Girl half-elf turns to lead the way to the firing range!

===

[EE - Customers]

Several hours later (Making sure she gets her measurements taken so everything fits just right, even if it's unneccesary), Felandria exits the clothing shop, several bags of clothes in her hands, wearing a black tee shirt and jeans.

She heads back to Erin's Emporium to pick up her gear.
    She'll find Crissy behind the counter, chewing on the eraser of her pencil as she stares at her Sudoku puzzle.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

Mimi's expression softens in the face of Misha's hasty apology. Well, she's not hurt. It was just startling is all. Heck, she probably would have dodged it if she hadn't been so befuddled at first. "'S okay." Mimi says, awkwardly rubbing the back of her head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

Well if there were testing rooms then... Well, while that may have been a fluke that one time, I don't think it would be wise to just try handling something else just in case this... Whatever it may be has an effect again. Maybe I should see how things should work so I have something of a benchmark at least? Finding that her mouth had gone slightly dry, Riss had to make a few tries before her words came. "S-So, could we see a demonstration? Of the, ah, energy blades, maybe?" she said, her words coming relatively smoothly at the moment.

The dryness of her mouth seemed to be a reminder for something else, though. It had been a while since breakfast and she was trying to keep from relying on her internal nutrient stores for day to day things. It was still a bad habit she was trying to get rid of.

"Well, I'm, like, really good with numbers, but not with the waterbending," Crissy admits, shaking her head. "And, sure! I can demonstrate, I'm totally no expert but it'll be good enough. This way!" And the blonde Valley Girl half-elf turns to lead the way to the firing range!
    Erin's Emporium - Musings

The nereid reaches out in an attempt to gently stroke Mimi's cheek with one finger, grateful that her apology was accepted.

"Okay. If you've got something a bit more sturdy than a a rolled paper tube, I can probably test what I was thinking of when I thought this up." Apparently there's more to the design than just propelling things with really fast water.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

She'll find Crissy behind the counter, chewing on the eraser of her pencil as she stares at her Sudoku puzzle.
    Felandria smiles at seeing Crissy again.

The spa is exquisite, you should try it.

Are my purchases in order?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Mimi smiles at Misha and follows along with the group. Time to observe what they're planning on ding, because Mimi has barely followed anything that's been discussed up until now.

15. - Top - End - #135

Mallside General

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Mallside - General]

"Well, slightly less to work with, on scorpions, nerve-wise. I guess it'd become more computer than animal, by that point?
    I'm sure it could be worked out."

It'd just end up being really weird.
    Probably.

"What if we gave it plasma pincers to go with a tail-mounted thermal lance?"
    Does Libby know what any of those things are?
    Is she just saying things at random that sound kinda cool?

Find out next time!

The cube does pause, as the book is presented.
    And then resumes floating away as if nothing happened.

Although, random letters and numbers seem to be drifting out of its shadow...

"Sure, sounds like it'd work." Magtok's not entirely sure he knows what she's talking about either, to be honest. He throws the words 'plasma' and 'laser' around with reckless abandon, and the Nexus has not even once asked him to explain himself, no matter how impossible a large portion of it probably is. The real-world meanings behind those words, and many like them, stopped holding any value to Magtok long ago.

"I think we should just leave Dionysus alone, though. Unless we're genuinely hurting him, I'd really rather just avoid the guy entirely."

Magtok's last encounter with the guy didn't exactly go as planned, after all.

Speaking of plans, these Magbots seem to have run out of any of their own. They're more or less content to follow the cube, vaguely curious as to whether it has any idea where it's going, or what it intends to do next. They've experimented plenty, now might be a good time to just stand back and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Yeah, it looks really good on you." Ilphy says with a smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Oh, of course. You'll need to make an appointment with our scale specialist, Ben. He does amazing work!" the elf says, beaming.

And the two girls meet up with Cessie, probably at the check out. "Oooh, nice hairdo, Cessie."
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Hair, Nails, Scales, and Claws]

Harnel frowns, "No, thanks," He rubs a hand down his chest briefly, looking at the now shiny and smooth scales on his body, before moving to pull his shirt back on. He's turning down the scents mainly because he has the smell of burning cedar wood about him, like a camp fire.
    [Hair, Nails, Scales, and Claws]

"As you wish, sir. Is there anything else I could interest you in? Perhaps a Scrubbing Bubbles Bath to take home to share with the lady?" Ben smiles, motioning to the shelf of home products behind him.
    [Hair, Nails, Scales, and Claws - Timeline 1]

"Great. I'll talk to him." Cessie replies before turning to Darcy and Ilpholin with a wide smile. "Thanks, I'm really pleased with it actually. These clips will make it easy to change it too." She says while gertly touching her own hair. "But should we try picking out a dress to go with it now? Don't want to take up too much of your time."

[Hair, Nails, Scales, and Claws - Timeline 2]

As they look to be done, Cessie walks up to them. "Maybe you should try a new hair-style dear?" She suddenly suggests, showing him a catalogue filled with examples of hairdos. "What about this one? Or this one? The sorceress suggests.

17. - Top - End - #137

[Coffee Shop]

Arthur raises an eyebrow at Willow's apparent focus. "You never mentioned dimensional travel before. When did you start specializing in that?" He's clearly displaying a bit of academic interest, and probably wants to look over her notes.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Customers]

Felandria smiles at seeing Crissy again.

The spa is exquisite, you should try it.

Are my purchases in order?
    Crissy jumps a bit, squeaking in surprise, then blushes a little. "Oh! Sorry, ma'am, I didn't hear you coming. Um, yeah, they're ready!" She nods, and sets about preparing her purchase.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #139

[Erin's Emporium]

Well there wasn't much that Riss could do for the moment aside from follow Crissy as she lead the way. Well, that and make certain that she wasn't about to bump into anything that might explode or go flying or anything that would cause more damage than she was willing to think about. Sure, she certainly had a peculiar sort of enjoyment when making weaponry and she was fully aware of their intended function but that was when one had control over the item in question.

..Though, that gives me a moment to work on an idea.. If maybe I could find a way to utilize a similar principle to whatever gravity effect that device was using then.. Well, first, what would it take to replicate the effect? Consolidating her thoughts, the muse took a moment to upload a copy of some initial ideas to the file she kept for her employer to review. Still, it was somewhat of a bother to her that there didn't appear to be even one note from him. Then again, it seems the less he sees of me the better...

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Food Court

Aiden walks into the first floor of the food court, feeling a little proud of himself for finally being able to afford to buy lunch for himself. He looks around the different spots, figuring out where to eat.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[Viconia's Secret]

Becky pauses, tilts her head, and gives Kal a look.
    "You're a devil, you've drunk a genderbending potion, became smokin' hawt, and you asked me to help you get stuff to dress. And now you say you want subtle?" She pauses, shaking her head with a smirk. "Well, you picked the wrong girl to dress you, Kal-pal."

After a moment's pause, Becky rolls her eyes bemusedly and chuckles. "...but, well, I can try. Just for you, you know. I don't make this kind of effort for just anyone." And the next thing she selects is...well, it's lacey, and hints at a lot, but manages to be somewhat more...discreet.

Than even what Becky is, in fact, actually wearing right then, in fact. At least in coverage.
    [Viconia's Secret]

"Better." Says Kal, nodding her head approvingly.
    "We should probably be going for the lace, not the leather. And I appreciate the effort you're making for me. Who knows? It might even pay off for you, in the... very... near future."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

It doesn't take long for them to reach the shooting range/testing area. And Crissy wasts no time in pressing a few buttons on a console. A drawer opens, and she draws out two small silver cylinders, one in each hand. And then presses buttons on them.

snap-hiss!
    snap-hiss!

And two orange glowing blades of plasma spring forth...

===

[Viconia's Secret]

Becky raises an eyebrow slightly, trying to play it cool, although Kal's voice can't help but send a shiver down the shadowmancer's spine. "Well, I'll certainly have to do my very best. Not that I wouldn't anyway," she adds with a link, handing Kal Lacy Ensemble #1 and turning to start picking out a few others of similar concept, and varying coverage from 'could almost go out in public in just this' to 'WOWZA'.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #143

Erin's Emporium

Misha immediately shies away from the blades, feeling the undeniable sensation that they are meant to do great harm. It's especially apparent to her, since the blades carry enough energy to pretty much instantly vaporize the water she's made of if they struck her solidly.

She utters a short whimper, but doesn't form any words for the moment, unable to bring her thoughts back to what she was tossing around in her head before while her eyes are locked onto the plasma blades.

Food Court

Aiden walks into the first floor of the food court, feeling a little proud of himself for finally being able to afford to buy lunch for himself. He looks around the different spots, figuring out where to eat.
    Food Court

Aiden may hear the distinct clank of hollow metal limbs on the tile flooring of the food court as something walks up behind him. If he turns around to investigate, he'll find what looks like a little girl at first glance, but is quite obviously a stylized miniature robot on closer inspection. Her limbs are perfectly cylindrical and end in stubs, and her face is an utterly smooth ovoid with features painted on. Her blue eyes have iris' made of small blue lights, and bother her pink dress and her blonde hair are cast from one piece, made of the same flexible material that her "skin" is made of. Painted on "bangs" cover half of her left eye.

"Hel-looooo mister! I am Comp-chan! Do you want a sister?"
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2013-04-09 at 08:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Food Court

Aiden turns his head at the sound of metal limbs, but pays little mind to Comp-chan at first - just another Nexus thing, he figures. She gets a little more of a reaction out of Aiden when asking about being his sister, but the reaction is more of puzzlement than anything else.

"...No thanks. My family's just fine the way it is." "Mostly forgotten" goes unsaid.

25. - Top - End - #145

Misha's rather blatant, to Riss at least, would be met with a small shifting of position that would put the muse just a bit more between the nereid and the blades as well as an attempt to find a hand for a reassuring squeeze. "Uh.. So.. What do they do, anyway? I mean.. How does.. What effect on other matter do they have?" the muse asked although her voice seemed to imply that all such demonstrations should probably be done as far from them as possible. Weapons were something deserving respect when in use after all.

Well, that but mostly she would rather not have any accidents happen around her fey. Misha might survive brief contact but she didn't think it would be pleasant in the least for her and Mimi was small enough to simply be incinerated. This concern was only masking the underlying questions that were bubbling forth in her mind, of course. The most promenent being the one curious as to just how the blade simply stopped there rather than continuing although the one wondering how radiation didn't seem to be a present factor was a close second.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Mimi doesn't seem so apprehensive as Misha and Riss. In fact, she hovers a nit closer to get a better look. She keeps a respectful distance, though. Something seems dangerous about whatever that things is.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

[EE - Customers]

Crissy jumps a bit, squeaking in surprise, then blushes a little. "Oh! Sorry, ma'am, I didn't hear you coming. Um, yeah, they're ready!" She nods, and sets about preparing her purchase.
    Thank you.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Musings]

"Well, see, they're self-contained plasma generators, focused by a specially-cut crystal (that gives the plasma its color as well) and confined by magnetic field generators. As for what they do, they can totally cut through almost anything." Crissy notices Misha's reaction, and turns away so the weapons point well away from the threesome. "There are a limited number of materials they can't cut, and energy fields will resist them, however they are often described as 'more elegant weapons from a more civilised age'."

===

[EE - Customers]

"You're welcome! Is there, like, anything else I can get you?" Crissy asks, smiling brightly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #149

Food Court

Aiden turns his head at the sound of metal limbs, but pays little mind to Comp-chan at first - just another Nexus thing, he figures. She gets a little more of a reaction out of Aiden when asking about being his sister, but the reaction is more of puzzlement than anything else.

"...No thanks. My family's just fine the way it is." "Mostly forgotten" goes unsaid.
    Food Court

"Oh, okay! Do you want a companion?" She continues on cheerfully, her synthesized tone not faltering or wavering from the rejection.

Erin's Emporium

"Why don't you demonstrate on something then? To show us?" Misha comes back into the conversation quietly, both thankful and concerned that Riss has place herself between Misha and the blades. She really doesn't want even Riss any nearer to them than she has to be, and she's got bad thoughts of what might happen if Riss bought one to take apart and fiddle around with.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Mallside General]

It seems terribly risky to agree to a project propose by someone who may not have any idea what they're talking about.
    Libby is a death goddess, not a technological goddess.
    Although, maybe there's some leeway when the technology in question revolves around death dealing?

Something to be explored, perhaps.

She's not particularly concerned about it, obviously, as her rather seriously contemplative look would suggest.
    Too busy trying to figure out the details of the project, rather than the viabilities.

"I suppose...the largest blow to him would likely be someone setting fire to his vineyards. Not a project I recommend."
    Asking for all sorts of trouble.
    "Although, speaking of him...how did you suggest we get everyone to our little island?"

Sounds like she has a suggestion somewhere.

Follow the cube!

This will probably take awhile, since it moves so very slowly.
    Hopefully no one gets bored as it sloooooooooowly drifts.
    And slooooooooooooooooowly drifts.
    And drifts some more, of course slowly.
    And then sluggishly hovers.
    And snailishly moves.
    And crawlingly relocates.

And then stops in front of the first door it comes to, its shadow reflecting the images of F's and P's.
    J1M might also find an peculiarly important drive to open the door.

But surely that's just because it's the polite thing to do.

What's behind the door?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit