New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Dark

1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Dark

Astrid

The bed looked warm and safe. When the door closes she sighs and says, "Code alpha one zero zero . Disrobe full." Slowly the protective sheath she had been encased in falls off her. Creeping into bed it is the first time she has felt safe in a long time.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Understood. While stealth is not my forte, I do have other methods which may be of use in this scenario." he explains as he files away the new information, things were getting far more complex by the minute. "I do have one question for you however. Does the name, Dr. Owlheart mean anything to you?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Phase Knight & Inspired:

The heroic duo await "The Gentleman", while the housekeeping and kitchen staff exit the living room to collect their things and leave ....

Spoiler
    Show

Is Inspired trying another 'disassemble'?

Astrid:

Ariel gets some well-deserved rest, having finally found herself among her own ....

Nova Leo:

The detective raises an eyebrow and looks at a hi-tech mobile crane exit one of the huge "Damage Control" trailers,

"AEGIS. The city wants to revamp emergency protocols, forming a plan working with S.H.I.E.L.D. and other agencies. Owlheart, from what I've heard, is running the program. Hot-shot military contractor-type, or something. Very well-connected and he's supposed to be the "best-of-the-best". Never met him myself ..... why - what have you heard?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Noah curiously observed the crew begin their work, he'd never actually stayed in these areas to see these brave men and women due their job before that night,"I heard that a plot was being set into motion by one's calling themselves The Dark. I know not if it's true, or what it's goal may be for certain; but I heard that one by the name of Owlheart held the answers to these questions. That we should seek him out to find the Truth. I know not if this is true or not, but it may be worth looking into if only to confirm if it is fact or fiction,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well, Olwheart. First i will need to find and remove the hard drive or similar tech. Then come interface with it, scan it for countermeasures, neutralize those and then dive in. After that we can see what we can find."

Alan head over to the droid that had attacked her. Since it was already partially disassembled, it would be easier to search for its memory core.

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"What's a warrior without weapons, eh?"
    "A warrior still!"
    —Quickstrike totally underestimates Dinobot.

"Face it, Dinobot! You're old technology, obsolete. What could you possibly do?"
    "Improvise."
    —Megatron is about to find out that Dinobot has one more trick up his sleeve.

Dinobot: Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the good and the bad, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds good. I'll be back in a few minutes. Ah...sorry to keep popping in and out like this, busy night," he said somewhat sheepishly, before teleporting back to his father's house.

Eldain was not the most patient sort of fellow...
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

7. - Top - End - #247

Nova Leo:

Daniels pinched his nose casually and smirked,

"If Owlheart is on the other side, we're in trouble. He's planning everything. Maybe you should check him out first and foremost, right? Make sure he isn't dirty. No matter what you find, let me know before you act. I've got a few detectives and 10-20 officers behind me, if you need back-up. You aren't alone. we cover a lot of ground when we need to.

This is how those 'criminal mastermind'-types act: they hide behind the scenery. Owlheart could be our guy - the big boss behind these people disappearing. See what you can find out - and keep me in the loop, Leo."

Daniels looks around as two officers run by you towards the GST. The detective turns somewhat and before he walks away say,

"Don't trust anyone, Leo. This could go deeper than you think."

Detective Daniels walks away towards the GST, making contact with police officers ....

Phase Knight & Inspired:

Spoiler
    Show

DC30 Tech check
    (1d20+20)[38]

Inspired's nano-probes finally crack the cybernetic coding on the droid and it begins to literally fall apart in her hands ....

Spoiler
    Show

What do you want to know about the tech?

Astrid:

Sound asleep, Astrid dreams the same 'Central Park' dream - her amidst the X-Men, then the park turning into an immense blaze and one man walking out of the flames, pursuing Astrid .... she wakes with a start, trying to catch her breath!

Across from her is Pixie, lying across her bed, leg and arm nearly touching the floor. Pixie mumbles something unintelligible and giggles and huffs .... occasionally, magical wasp-like wings appearing on her back and fluttering briefly only to vanish seconds later. Astrid makes out words like "french fries" and "candy apples" from Pixie's unconscious murmers ...

the other two girls, one sleeping to Astrid's left, the other next to Pixie who's across from Astrid, sleep soundly ....

The room is dark, only slimly-lit by the half-opened door to the illuminated hallway ....
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-05-07 at 07:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

After the dream she curls up in the blanket trying to hide herself. The lingering images, however, haunt her and safety never returns to her. Instead she get up and leaves the room, noticeable without her armor.

She follows the hallway light hoping the it leads her to some comfort.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I shall do what I can Detective. Might you know how or where I might find the good doctor?" he inquired after the Daniel's explanation. Upon receiving his answer,Noah silently watched the man go; well aware of the gravity of the situation he now found himself in. "Take care Daniel; may fortune favor you 'till next we meet," he stated before taking his leave, soaring up into the drizzling clouds.

Once he'd passed the cloud cover Noah dimmed his light and breathed a heavy sigh, before starring at the SHIELD communicator. He'd have to deal with this before signing out for the night. Not knowing for sure what to think of SHIELD after the night's events, he thought it best to play it safe; after all, he wouldn't put it passed the Nation's Finest from putting a tracker on the darn thing or having it work as a bug.

Noah flew for a time until finding one of the small groups of Sylphs he'd come to know during his tenure frolicking in the cool night sky and requesting that they'd keep the earbud safe for him; pointing out to keep it away from water and to contact him if it made any strange noises or someone spoke through it. It took longer than he would've liked to get the playful wind spirits to agree, and settle the arrangement between them.

With the potential leak dealt with Noah parted ways with the sprites, and took to one of his safe routes back to the city through its outskirts; he made sure to check with the local spirits to make sure he was not being followed or watched before finding a quiet and secure nook to change back into himself and starting the arduous walk back home. Only pausing momentarily to greet a few familiar faces, human or otherwise, on his way there.

He could feel that Leo wished to discuss the nights events, but was thankful for the spirits understanding. The Radiant Hunter having already learned well the limits of his human host; beyond a few comments, the pair walked in silence knowing that a long discourse awaited them the next day.

All in all, it had taken him a little over and hour for the weary shaman to return to his abode with his body feeling like led. He changed into some dry clothes, and messaging Emily and Cartwright Sr. to let him know he'd gotten him safe and the he'd likely be coming in for the Afternoon shift. The young man spared Detective Daniel's card one final glance before promptly collapsing on his bed and eagerly welcoming the tender caress of the land of dreams and its caretakers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sylph's represented via the Contact advantage, going to be requesting a simple minor and non-dangerous favor from them.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2013-05-08 at 09:53 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Now that the droid was completely disassembled, Alana could begin. It nagged her that the nano tech felt both cutting edge and obsolete at the same time. So her first focus would be identifying the origin of the tech and possibly its maker. After that she would move toward the materials they were constructed from. That would hint at what kind of facilities and processes would be need in order to make the droids. Once that was done, she would examine the control system. That would give her the operational range of the droids' controller Lastly she would separate the memory core and interface with it. It could be a bit risky, but if she upped her mental speed, avoiding any software traps should be easy.

With her priorities set, Alana started her forensic study of her attackers.

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"A warrior still!"

"Face it, Dinobot! You're old technology, obsolete. What could you possibly do?"
    "Improvise."

Dinobot: Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the good and the bad, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.

11. - Top - End - #251

Astrid:

Spoiler
    Show

Astrid was in Room 7 & she can wander if you want ...

Nova Leo:

Spoiler
    Show

Check my last OOC post & great gaming so far ....

Inspired:

Spoiler
    Show

DC30 Tech check;
    (1d20+20)[39]

Pouring over the droid's available data and design, Inspired immediately recognizes a technological signature familiar to only the highest-paying organizations in the world. While never getting this close to one before, Alana has heard of nano-tech being used in the high-end androids used by the world's super-powers. Primarily, the United States. Only powerful nations can afford them and the resources to maintain the tech.

This droid is on a closed-loop, with no outside control. It operates on programmed commands and has a limited area of expertise - mainly target assessment and capture. Not a true terminator, though, since it's primary offensive system - eye-mounted neurological disruptors - is calibrated to disable a target, rather than assassinate.

It has enhanced strength and durability, just enough to be considered "super-human", and curiously, no extrasensory surveillance system. No infrared or motion detectors or even telescopic vision. The nano-tech is elegant, for being dated, replicating human biology to nearly 100% accuracy. Only a close analysis by an expert in electro-mechanics could hope to identify the replication.

Then, the front door bursts open and two well-dressed men pace into the hall aiming handguns around the room as if searching for a target! They are followed seconds later by a tall, very well-dressed gentleman who's handsome but aged face displays concern for the young woman before him,

"Any why would we be performing techno-autopsies in our living room, Alana? You're going to scare the help."

Jonathan Shepard-Smith musters a grin for Inspired as he moves to her side, hugging her with one arm while waving a hand at the mangled bot,

"We should maybe relocate our unfortunate friend to my workshop for safety's sake?"

The security team, now as many as six large, suited men with handguns, pace the area, discussing events with Carter, who appears from a stairwell ....

Phase Knight:

Eldain finds his father still in his study, nearly nodding off while looking at a collection of papers laying in front of him on the desk, with a cellphone next to the lamp - the elder Dr. Owlheart doesn't seem to have noticed Eldain's return ....

Spoiler
    Show

Make a DC20 Perception check
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-05-08 at 09:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Fine, but if they weren't already scared by the attack, I doubt a little forensic work would scare them. Though new tech gained. SCORE! Also Eldain Owlheart should be returning shortly. He's been popping in and out since the fight ended. Checking on his family, it seems."

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"A warrior still!"

"Improvise."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, I'm back for a minute," Eldain said by way of announcing himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+15)[16] (if this check is strictly for the moment I arrive, take -10 off of it, but Eldain's in problem-solving mode right now so he's Mind at Rest unless he's actively teleporting).

Hah hah hah...not like it matters...
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2013-05-08 at 10:20 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

While not brave enough to open any door she wanders around as quietly as she can hoping that someone else might be up. Her stomach begins to grumble, when she realizes she hadn't eaten since breakfast. She heads to where thinks the kitchen is.

15. - Top - End - #255

Inspired:

The Gentleman kneels down next to in-pieces droid and strokes his short beard, then looks at Carter,

"Gather them into my workshop, immediately. Also, contact Meismann and tell him I need service. Make sure he recalls our agreement."

Glancing back at the droids, The Gentleman stands,

"Alana, let me handle this from here. You shouldn't be involved in these things - this fiasco. I wanted a normal life for you, a life where you are free to fulfill your dreams - not the life I led. Where you are headed right now will only lead to pain - terrible pain that may haunt you forever ....."

Phase Knight:

Dr. Owlheart is startled from semi-sleep and spins in his chair, his surprise turning to relief with a gasp as he rubs his eyes,

Blast it, Eldain! I've never gotten completely used to your 'comings and goings' .... even after all this time. What have you learned? Did you find Sophia? Vessler?"

Dr. Owlheart gathers the papers he was studying and closed the folder they lie in. The brown folder, marked "CLASSIFIED: TOP SECRET", is placed in the top drawer of the desk. Turning in his seat to look at Eldain, Dr. Owlheart's face reveals obvious worry, and exhaustion ...

Astrid:

The halls are quiet, except for the sound of TV or music coming from some of the upstairs rooms. Moving downstairs, Astrid spots the kitchen back behind the staircase, as well as a shadow moving across the floor - someone else is up ....

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Eldain just gave a slender grin. "Not yet. Got in contact with Smith's...huh, I dunno. Daughter? Their place was attacked too. Four of the bots, we dispatched them. She's examining them now. I wanted to take the opportunity to get on the same page."

"Who's Vessler, first off? And have you heard of this 'Dark'? It's what the droids seem to be working for, or creating, or made of, or something. I've been hearing that other supers are disappearing, I'm thinking this is who's responsible. Probably why they went after Sophie."

"I've pieced together enough from what you have mentioned that this has something to do with the AEGIS program and your work in SHIELD. I need to know what you know...albeit, in as condensed a manner as you can give it to me."

Then, giving a somewhat concerned smile, he added, "And then, I need you to get some sleep. I was planning to be up half the night anyway, but if this thing spills over into tomorrow, I'm going to need you fresh to be running mission control while I'm out there chopping droids apart."

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alana looks at Jonathan with dead pan face.

"You can't be serious. You're giving me the 'Don't get involved' speech. I am already involved. The Dark targeted me specifically. Like it or not we both knew eventually, I would become involved in metahuman affairs. With a body like mine, it was only matter of time. If my shows have taught me anything, it's that keeping your loved ones in the dark may protect them in the short run, but it will cause more harm that good in the long run. I need to know what this is about, in order to prepare for the next time The Dark decides to drop by. Beside we wouldn't be doing this by ourselves, the Owlhearts are involved as well. Eldain asked me to check if a Henry Gyrich was involved. "
    Last edited by Assurau; 2013-05-09 at 03:33 PM.

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"A warrior still!"

"Improvise."

18. - Top - End - #258

Phase Knight:

Dr. Owlheart looks off into a veritable distance past Eldain, then looks down wiping his head,

"Vessler is our 'Anti-Christ'. He headed research on Nano-Tech development. Crafted the droids we used to infiltrate and overcome our enemies. But, he had Fascist ideals - ideas that challenged the root of what we were doing back then. I almost defended him, but couldn't. Fury and company ousted him, then we moved on. But, we couldn't forget his genius contribution to the program. Or, his threats to create a level opposition. He was tracked to HYDRA and their scientific research - then he vanished from our radar. We built on his work but knew eventually, Vessler would re-emerge.

And now he has. He's a mad scientist - a true genius with no conscience outside of his own goals. At one point, we were allies - comrades - but no more, right? You need to trust me. Vessler is a monster of Bio-Mechanical technology. Our group didn't want wanton destruction - we wanted an orderly episode ....

... I'll sleep when Sophie is safe. Give me news ...."

Inspired:

The Gentleman is surprised by Inspired's response,

"You don't rate a clear response. You haven't any clue what comes next, do you? You want it all for yourself while possessing no clear path to what comes next ... you may know a plan, but can you say, honestly, that that you know what comes next? Analyzing the droid only takes you a step closer, right ? I hate seeing you in this place - but I will help you along the road towards sanctification ...."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll have more on my end once we've gotten the data from these droids. Hopefully they'll have a location at the very least. Does Vessler have any connection with Smith? I've been theorizing that they've been targeting supers, but it could be personal."

A thought occured. "Blast, and I think I did spot Vessler. Or his car at least. A limo near where I traced Sophie's cell to. The cops that were around it are the droids who attacked us. They said it was the mayor. I'll have to check that out again."

Spoiler
    Show
    Can Eldain know the license number? He has Eidetic Memory.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Thanks, Grandpa. Do not think for a second that I don't appreciate the fact that you raised as normal person.", said Alana hugging the aged former hero.

" However, this 'The Dark' has aimed at both our family and the Owlhearts. I can't just sit by and do nothing. I know that I don't know all the answers and I'm not stupid enough to try and solve this on all my own Now then for the matter at hand. Here's what i have so far. The droids are high-end nano tech, the kind used by the world's superpowers. They were specifically geared for kidnaping and target assessment. Also they operated on a closed programing loop. No heightened sensory arrays, strength and durability bordering on superhuman and near perfect replication of human physiology. Their sole weapon, neurological disruptor eye beams, were set to disable a target. The technology is dated, which would imply that the maker hasn't be keeping track of modern tech trends.

Also the fact that they targeted me but were not aware of any of my other abilities leads me to believe that either they were looking for new talent or that they were looking for leverage against you, Gramps. So if the culprit made the droids him/herself, we are looking at someone with deep pockets, exceptional skill in nanotech, with a bone to pick with you and Owlheart, Sr. and has been in hiding for a considerable amount of time. "

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"A warrior still!"

"Improvise."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

Her heart leapt. She was without her armor and felt helpless. It took her a moment to realize where she was. She scanned the place for a presence at the same time calling out, "Whose there?"

22. - Top - End - #262

Phase Knight:

Dr. Owlheart looks towards the far wall while rubbing his brow again,

"Do you remember me every mentioning the 'Super-Soldier' program? It was so long ago. Headed by Abraham Erskine - such genius! He gave us so much in regard to Meta-Biology and Genetic Mutation we're still trying to duplicate his work. Sadly, he was assassinated by a Nazi agent ...... but not before we were able to fulfill the crux of his research."

"Eldain, you are my son, and while we are far beyond parental lectures, I feel I must warn you that what you're asking me to tell you is cradled within matters of National Security. You can tell no one what I'm about to discuss! But, for Sophia, I must reveal it .... Professor Erskine's work revealed that a wide percentage of humanity possesses a mutated chromosome - what was labelled, the Zeta chromosome - that would normally lead to massive genetic reformation, producing amazing superhuman abilities, when the subject was introduced to variant forms of transmorphic elements. Radiation, certain chemical combinations, even periods of elevated emotional stress."

"The Super-Soldier program sought out a candidate with that genetic code and the benelovent personality to carry out the program. They found their candidate in the man we know as, Captain America. Due to a parent carrying the desired gene, the candidate carried the Zeta chromosome which was necessary to prove surrogate to the program. The rest, as is said, is history. But, a brilliant German scientist recently liberated from Berlin had been assigned to the program staff. His knowledge of Genetics was phenomenal, having worked at the side of the twisted Dr. Josef Mengele himself. His contribution to the program was significant, as he discovered the process of isolating the exposed genes, cleaning away genetic 'impurities' and producing pristine genes that, in turn, produced a perfect specimen. It could be said that besides Dr. Erskine, the German could be credited with the successes of the Super-Soldier program."

"That scientist was Hanz Vessler. Mechanically, he was pure genius, but as far as Genetics goes ......"

Dr. Owlheart looks up at Eldain with wonder in his eyes,

"..... Vessler was God ..... not even my associate, Professor Charles Xavier, a noted and often-quoted expert on Genetics, can rival Vessler. They wanted to keep him close to our work, but once they learned he still held strong Nazi inclinations - well - he was cut loose. They monitored him as well as possible, but Vessler disappeared during the early 60's. When I entered the complex in the 70's, he was something of a 'Boogey Man' - a lesson of what not to do while engaged in military-industrial research. Everyone laughed at the reference to his name, but maybe they knew he was possibly still out there ..... somewhere - waiting."

"I've been more indiscreet than the law allows, son. Promise me you will keep this to yourself ...."

Inspired:

The Gentleman looks down, then peers at Alana and runs his hand through his flowing gray hair, turning to the security personnel in the area,

"Plan Alpha-X. I'll be alone with my daughter ..."
    the main doorway and exit, while the rest of the detail files either upstairs or towards the kitchen. They would secure the outer perimeter against possible threats and give their lives if necessary. All part of their contract. When Inspired was standing with only her father, he spoke, looking down at her feet,

"Terrible. Yes, I recognize this technology as belonging to S.H.I.E.L.D., almost exclusively. But, there were several technicians who might have kept the design for themselves. Like, Dr. Liam Eversoll. I never liked Liam. Something of a 'wacko'. He saw technology as the the next step in conscious evolution. Machine would replace humanity, he said. 'Flesh falling to Binary' and all that. Regrettably, Eversoll was first assistant to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s technology programs - he fathered much of the Nano-Technology that was being born during the 50's. Remarkable genius and equally remarkable insanity. I watched him - then he was ousted from cooperation due to expressing ideas that were .... well, less than Democratic."

Even at a glance, these droids bear his signature. The closed loop. The lack of extrasensory mechanisms. The android as a hungry soldier was Liam's mantra. It should be him, but I could be horribly incorrect here. But, he found an audience with the ranting of another scientist- equally masterful, but in a different field ....."

"Check on Eversoll's whereabouts. I remember many years ago doing so myself, when I was chasing villainy around the globe. Meeting only frustration in my pursuit, I turned to a friend, Dr. Sebastian Owlheart. He gave me the means to track-down the fiend. A device, which I still possess. Let's use it to see if an old evil has emerged against us once more .....

The Gentleman gives Alana a sharp look and begins walking towards the stairwell ....

Astrid:

In the kitchen preparing a small sandwich, is Psylocke. She glances at Astrid and looks down at her meal,

"Feeding the restlessness. I hate being away from the action - should've went with Magneto, Frost and Storm. But ...... just us here. Tell me about your world, other than me being a monster ...."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

"Understood," Eldain said firmly, listening closely to his father's account. "Alright, thanks. That's something to work with at least. I'll text or return when I've learned more. Or when I've trounced Vessler and rescued Sophie. Whichever comes first," he said with a grin, before vanishing again. He went first to where he had first met those cops, just to see if by some miracle that limo was still there.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

She gives a smile at the asian woman. "I'm sorry about earlier..." she says embarrassed. Moving to the refrigerator she rummages for whatever she can find to eat.

"Growing up we never stayed in one place for very long, either we were pushing the front forward or moving locations to avoid being found out. Apocalypse's regime was based on power. The more powerful you were the higher up the political ladder you could climb. His the closest advisors were Prelate Summers, Dr Sinister, and Prelate Holocaust. The resistance was able to control Prelate Summers. That was how Colonel Braddock got in her Sentinels in...." She paused to take a bite of some Chinese leftovers.

25. - Top - End - #265

Phase Knight:

The street is cold. Snow falls from above at a rapid pace as vehicles coast through the still-busy streets. A transient male holds up a "WAKE-UP!" sign as he staggers down the block. A few small groups of civilians move quickly across the sidewalk towards an unknown destination.

No limo. A red beetle has replaced the previous limo in that parking slot. A transient male sings a song behind Phase Knight - something like blues. A police vehicle flashes its lights and "toots" its horn as it pulls alongside a small group next to a nearby haberdashery. Snow falls almost-heavily as the hero surveys the terrain ....

Inspired:

Pacing towards the lower-level workshop, The Gentleman talks of Alana's "teen years", when she knew so little and craved so much knowledge. Finding the workshop after walking out of a hidden elevator, The Gentleman finds the far wall and touching a stone, a wall-mounted drawer opens! He reaches in and draws out a 3' technological device. Placing the device on a nearby table, J.S. Smith stands back, glares at it, and then looks at Inspired,

"What can you do with it?"

Astrid:

Psylocke looks at Astrid, pensive,

"Braddock ..... what was he like?"

She took a wide bite of her sandwich ....

Nova Leo:

Spoiler
    Show

sidelined temporarily .... stand-by .....
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-05-12 at 07:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid

"Colonel Braddock was a woman... I'm sure of that. I've never met her but I've seen vids. I think she had a brother, he was a captain. I think he was a product of their super soldier program. I think he passed away in their first push against the undying one."

She pauses for another bite then asks, "Who is he in this world?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Well, he knew that was a long shot. Another brief moment of focus, and he teleported right back to Smith's living room, quite unaware that the man and his well-armed bodyguards had arrived since he had blinked out.

Gotta love being a teleporter.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"So where did this device come from and who made it?" said the young technomorph as she reshaped her optics in order to scan the device.

Spoiler
    Show

Optic Scan Array
    Power: Sense - 1tp/ranks
    -penetrate concealment: 4 ranks
    -Microscopic vision: 1 rank
    -Counter Concealment: 5 ranks
    -Analytical: 2 ranks
    - Acute: 2 ranks
    -Accurate: 2 ranks

Total Tp 16/30

Heart of a True Warrior
    Spoiler
    Show

"A warrior still!"

"Improvise."

29. - Top - End - #269

Astrid:

Psylocke chews and swallows quickly, then draws a bottled water up to drink,

"... He -"

The lights in the kitchen flicker and go out, leaving the two women in semi-darkness! The hallway emergency lights flash on, providing dim illumination and half-concealed visibility just outside the kitchen - without the normal lights, the mansion seems unnaturally-quiet ...

... Psylocke doesn't move, except for setting down her drink,

"- what the .... a power outage? Stay here. I'll check the system and see what's going on ..."

... and she exits the doorway, moving as silent as a whisper ....

Spoiler
    Show

My roll blanked - give me a DC15 Perception check, please ....

Inspired:

Spoiler
    Show

My roll blanked. Give me a DC20 Engineering check, please ....

The device is pretty old, although free of rust. It almost looks like a smart-phone/calculator hybrid - something that was advanced decades ago, but now is something of a relic. It's a molecular scanner of some sort: it has a 6"x6" digital screen and small keypad similar to a computer. There's no "ON" button that can be found and it's composed of a lightweight aluminum-alloy.

The Gentleman leans on the table with one hand, while gesturing at the device,

"The Omnitizer'. That clunky device has tremendous history attached to it; it was designed by Howard Stark, the ingenius, if not occasionally overly-gregarious founder of Stark Industries. Its construction came at the hands of another, equally-brilliant engineer, Nathaniel Richards, whose work in the field of Quantum Mechanics was far ahead of its time. But, they could never get this gem to work properly .... well, perhaps, consistently is the better word. Enter one Alexandre Owlheart. All these men had built a strong working relationship with what was, at that time, a new, ultra-covert intelligence agency called S.H.I.E.L.D. But, Owlheart was one of the organization's finest analytic minds and it was he who worked out the Omnitizer's .... kinks."

"Later, when I was pursuing Vessler in relation to a wider investigation, I made contact with S.H.I.E.L.D., and Dr. Owlheart granted me this technology hoping it would help me achieve my aims. Sadly, Vessler escaped me, but the device performed as well as expected, regardless ...."

"..... so, have you discerned its use?"

Spoiler
    Show

Questions? Just ask.

Phase Knight:

Appearing in the once-luxurious, now gory crime-scene-of-a-living room, the expeditious hero is met by no one! He's alone, as even the inert androids have disappeared from the area ....

Everyone:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll be making a Fast-Forward soon, in order to get Nova Leo back on-deck, but don't feel rushed here ....
    Last edited by buddy; 2013-05-14 at 11:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

For a moment, Eldain wondered if more of the androids had come. "Hello?" he called out.

Spoiler
    Show
    When we do fast-forward, Eldain will use the time trying to track Sophie's cell phone's GPS over the past couple days, and blinking to various locations to see what he can learn. Basically, spending the time making Investigation checks to gather information on her disappearance.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide