New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

With Naku upstairs Mist is taking charge. Even if Colin's been here longer, he's older and he'd never ask him to do this sort of thing, especially after their conversation in HALO.
    "Sorry, Callie, I've work to do."
    Mist goes to intercept the bleeding man. Unfortunately his fox face isn't very good at intimidation.
    "If you don't mind, sir, my employer made it pretty clear that you should be staying outside. And I can't be letting you rampage through the place. "
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

"Sorry, them's the breaks," Aiden says. "You remembered to bring a sword, right? I don't have one for you to borrow."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Rick draws his sword in a flashy way, his mustache and little hair matted with blood, his lip and nose bleeding. He'll try to brush right past Mist. Move.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist does move. Directly in front of him.
    Not gonna happen, buddy. I'll be a pleasant day in Hell before I let someone go stab someone in my inn. So turn your ass around before I have to report it for attempted murder.
    Because in his state I don't think he's going to have a nice chat with the couple upstairs. And even if you don't hear from Remnant all that much "someone's trying to murder someone" has to be worth something.
    edit: and this is why I shouldn't post at near-midnight while simultaneously programming. Next time on LDK's posting: Actual Accurate Facts!
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-05-19 at 09:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #605

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "Sorry, them's the breaks," Aiden says. "You remembered to bring a sword, right? I don't have one for you to borrow."
    "S'under my bed. In a box. I have three, actually." Naku says, sighing, and standing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    And even if you don't hear from Remnant all that much "someone's trying to murder someone" has to be worth something.
    ((Actually, the DFI isn't in Inside at all. Remnant has no authority. So that could be slightly problematic.))
    Last edited by Mee; 2013-05-19 at 09:06 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #606

After Mist excuses himself, Callie's phone rings. She talks for a few moments, then hangs up. After giggling quietly, she stands and stretches. Ooh, don't you look all threatening, with your ugly, smashed face and your stupid little sword.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #607

"...Ah" Aiden says as he shifts to let Naku stand.

8. - Top - End - #608

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "...Ah" Aiden says as he shifts to let Naku stand.
    "Yuuuup. Anyway. Should probably get down there and go back to serving drinks; I'm not doing any good up here moping." Naku does, however, pull out a box from under her bed. She's up here anyway, and wanted to bring her sword down to keep it under the bar; this latest happenstance served as a pointed reminder to her to do this.

The box is about 4 feet long, and a good 2 feet across.

Oh, and all the lights are back.
    Last edited by Mee; 2013-05-19 at 10:46 PM.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Rick Brutal growls at the man. There would be no consequences from Remnant, and Rick knew it! He in fact spoke about that! ... Move now. Remnant has no jurisdiction here, boy. I could massacre you and defile your nasty, gory corpse and no one would care... Now, MOVE!

He'll attempt to knock him out with the hilt of his magical sword, bringing it down hard on him and taking out his black vorpal shortsword. He points it at Callie. Don't move. I want that boy.

10. - Top - End - #610

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Rick Brutal growls at the man. There would be no consequences from Remnant, and Rick knew it! He in fact spoke about that! ... Move now. Remnant has no jurisdiction here, boy. I could massacre you and defile your nasty, gory corpse and no one would care... Now, MOVE!

He'll attempt to knock him out with the hilt of his magical sword, bringing it down hard on him and taking out his black vorpal shortsword. He points it at Callie. Don't move. I want that boy.
    And with that, alarm bells in Naku's head start going off.

She throws open the box that's on the floor, and pulls out the middle of three matching, curved swords.
    "Fight time." She says to Aiden, as way of explaining, then teleportes away.

Naku reappears in the door of the inn, sword already fastened around her waist.
    "Sir. I'm going to have to ask you to leave. We have a strict non-violence policy around here; but you just assaulted one of my employees. I will ask you once to leave."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist, for the record, was completely expecting the blow and backsteps out of the way. He'd have followed up with a taunt and a knife in his gut, but his boss just showed up; he'll leave the threatening to her.

12. - Top - End - #612

"...Okay. I'll just stay up here, then." Aiden keeps sitting on the bed. He can't really do anything to help them.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Rick Brutal just frowns. This was... Going to be interesting. He turns to face Naku and raises his blade. Strict? Then bring your little boyfriend, and let me whip him into shape, oh wait... You probably do plenty of the whipping in bed. At least he knows he's someone's bitch.

What a downright mean spirited man.

Oh, you brought a weapon?

14. - Top - End - #614

When Rick turns to face Naku, Callie shoots a great bolt of lightning at his back.

15. - Top - End - #615

Rick Brutal just frowns. This was... Going to be interesting. He turns to face Naku and raises his blade. Strict? Then bring your little boyfriend, and let me whip him into shape, oh wait... You probably do plenty of the whipping in bed. At least he knows he's someone's bitch.

What a downright mean spirited man.

Oh, you brought a weapon?
    Naku stepped to the side several feet, so that he could leave.
    "Out."

((There is kind of a no-violence policy here, Noodle, agreed on both IC and OoC, as I know you know. You used it to make sure Magtok didn't kill your character. I would really appreciate it if he'd put his weapon away, and this all be settled peacefully. Please?))
    ((Welp. Ignore all that.))
    Last edited by Mee; 2013-05-19 at 11:38 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist, admittedly, had a hand ready to go for one of his knives, but he still shoots Callie a look to say: Really?
    Negotiations are hard when there's lightning bolts being thrown.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

(Rick is notorious for being all blunder, and talk, and frothing at the mouth, but not actual fighting. He's too much of a coward. He's trying to act impressive and macho 'cause he's kinda boasted a ton. I had no intention of him doing any kind of lasting damage, and running away if someone actually tried to fight back. He's a bully.)

Welp, nope. Lightning bolt! Rick is flailing his sword about, looking more like a noodley armed bobblehead of Danny Devito than an actual threat. Then, a lightning bolt. Rick accidentally does something cool! He points his sword up at the exact time the lightning bolt flew at him! Problem is, that lightning bolt is made of electricity, and gold is an excellent conductor of electricity! So, Rick's magic sword absorbs the lightning bolt and blasts it out the pointed end, flying at Naku!

He also gets electrified badly, his hand is red and bubbling, the shape of his sword's hilt melted into his hand, and Rick gets shot back into a wall and slumps there screaming his head off.

18. - Top - End - #618

(Rick is notorious for being all blunder, and talk, and frothing at the mouth, but not actual fighting. He's too much of a coward. He's trying to act impressive and macho 'cause he's kinda boasted a ton. I had no intention of him doing any kind of lasting damage, and running away if someone actually tried to fight back. He's a bully.)

Welp, nope. Lightning bolt! Rick is flailing his sword about, looking more like a noodley armed bobblehead of Danny Devito than an actual threat. Then, a lightning bolt. Rick accidentally does something cool! He points his sword up at the exact time the lightning bolt flew at him! Problem is, that lightning bolt is made of electricity, and gold is an excellent conductor of electricity! So, Rick's magic sword absorbs the lightning bolt and blasts it out the pointed end, flying at Naku!

He also gets electrified badly, his hand is red and bubbling, the shape of his sword's hilt melted into his hand, and Rick gets shot back into a wall and slumps there screaming his head off.
    ((Mmmmmkay. I'll also be tweaking the OP next thread, and probably changing a few things. But for now, let's carry on.))

Naku is quite happy, she just realized, as the lightning bolt smashes into her and sends her flying against the wall not too far behind her. She had been standing in front of the door, and that bolt would have sent her flying out into the sun, which would have been terrible.

She hits the wall, and slides down it into a sitting position, her eyes fairly wide. Naku's pretty much completely out of it for a minute or so while various internal damage is being repaired.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist goes over to check on Naku. He waves a hand in front of her a bit.
    You okay Boss?
    You have to check in times like this. Especially since he's not sure if Naku breathes normally. Or that she has fast healing.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Rick, now bruised, and burnt pretty badly... Attempts to get up and jump out of the inn, limping and growling and clutching his hand, trying to sneak away... Which he's quite good at.

21. - Top - End - #621

Looking unconcerned that her spell injured Naku, Callie speaks a few Druidic words. A long, sharp icicle forms in the air, then is launched at Rick as he gets up. It's hard to sneak away when the person trying to kill you is still looking right at you.

22. - Top - End - #622

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist goes over to check on Naku. He waves a hand in front of her a bit.
    You okay Boss?
    You have to check in times like this. Especially since he's not sure if Naku breathes normally. Or that she has fast healing.
    Naku nods, waving him away. She'll be fine, just isn't really up for talking right now.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, ****. Icicle. Well, Rick's getting up just as an icicle rockets towards him. Rick is just getting up as the icicle plunges straight through his hamstring. The icicle is thick enough to completely sever Rick's Hamstring from his foot.

Rick looks down and faints, before falling forward, bleeding everywhere.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Ma'am, that's probably enough.
    Mist goes over and checks on the man. He doesn't have medical training but this could bad.

25. - Top - End - #625

What do you mean its enough? I didn't even sever the femoral artery. Any cleric could bring him back to battle-ready fitness in a manner of seconds. Now stand aside and let me finish this. The foxgirl pulls out a dagger and looks at Mist quizzically.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Rick had feigned his fainting from earlier, trying to actually do rogue-like things that he's famous for. He sees her approach, and raises his hand up, shooting a bullet from the gun strapped to his arm just past the wrist, hidden under the big coat. The bullet will shoot right for Callie, Rick's a good aim. **** you.... Bitch.

27. - Top - End - #627

Rick had feigned his fainting from earlier, trying to actually do rogue-like things that he's famous for. He sees her approach, and raises his hand up, shooting a bullet from the gun strapped to his arm just past the wrist, hidden under the big coat. The bullet will shoot right for Callie, Rick's a good aim. **** you.... Bitch.
    Unfortunately for Rick, gunfire around Naku's a bad idea. She has been extremely conditioned that if there's a gun being shot, bad stuff is happening, if you can move, get up and help deal with it.
    Back home, usually that meant getting swarmed by enough things that a patrol group of 6 couldn't deal with with swords.
    Usually vampires.

Anyway.
    In a matter of a heartbeat, maybe two, Naku's back up, eyes not entirely open yet, and throwing herself at Rick, sword being drawn.

Man. And she's not even completely awake yet!
    Show

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist is kind of at a loss here. He honestly doesn't want to get anywhere near the path of Naku's charge. He'll stay where he is, but he will help Callie if she's hit.

29. - Top - End - #629

Callie is caught off guard and shot in the chest. She raises her hand and starts to cast another spell, only for it to fizzle out as the pain prevents her from concentration. She's still on her feet, but she's out of the fight.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Even worse. Rick grins as Callie is shot right in the chest. Never liked your rack *Cough* anyway... Oh ****.

He has to make a decision, there's a little bit of skin and muscle left attaching himself to his foot. But there's a way for him to escape. His ring! Which he had dropped when he had fallen... It's a little bit to his right... Just out of reach. Oh gods no. He lunges for it, screaming as his foot disconnects from his leg.

He touches the ring and he's gone, but a nasty severed foot bleeds out...