New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    A man of average height walks into DFI, relying on a crutch to walk. He wears a tight orange and grey pin-striped business suit, and covers that suit with a large duster. His face is covered by a mask as well. He sits in a dark corner of the room, before making a phone call, hanging up, and waiting for service.
    "You really have no right to be alive right now, you know."

Magtok takes a seat opposite the man, glaring at him from across the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #92

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

A man of average height walks into DFI, relying on a crutch to walk. He wears a tight orange and grey pin-striped business suit, and covers that suit with a large duster. His face is covered by a mask as well. He sits in a dark corner of the room, before making a phone call, hanging up, and waiting for service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post

"Can Iiiiiii," Naku pauses here to look the pair over a few more times, "help you gentlemen?" She asks, heading over to the table the pair is sitting at.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

The man coughs once more, his albino skin showing. He has a rather unattractive face, and his skin looks rubbery. His entire body is void of pigment. *Cough*! * COUGH*! Eh...Hehe, oh? D-don't i? I'm n-not alive...Maggie...I'm a copied and recorded personality built into a chassis to keep myself alive. Just barely...Come on, *Cough*. Smile...I can't.

Mr. Louv're smiles warmly at her before coughing loudly. *COUGH*! Water....please, oh...and do you have cough drops?
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-04-04 at 11:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "I don't-"

Sasha is interrupted by her hood getting pulled off via cheating. Since Sasha is a Mysterious Hooded Figure, revealing a part of her clearly reveals all of her as this diagram shows.

Scythe shnnnging from nowhere included. Probably a tad disturbing, or just disorienting.

Sasha for her part eeps (still quietly somehow) and quickly returns the hood in place, shrinking back in her corner and looking even smaller than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Jamie gasps quietly as the Grim ReaperSasha is revealed!
    "Ooooh. Awesome."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Or maybe not. That was complicated. "You should keep your hood down more often."
    Cerise's cheerful smile at the revelation quickly turns into a pout as Sasha's hood reappears. She drifts over to the embarrassed girl and gives her a gentle smile. "Hey, hey... what's wrong? You're pretty cool without your hood."

There may also be another slight tugging of the hood. Cerise is quite the persistent little cookie, isn't she?
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #95

Assuming that pause was a subtle poke for character descriptions, then Magtok's as cyborgy as ever, clad in his usual purple robes and looking a little grumpier than usual. This coughing geezer has been the cause of just so much aggravation lately, and it's not right that he should be up and walking hobbling after committing such distasteful, shamefully brutish crimes.

"I'm afraid I've lost my appetite. I'll just have a Dragon's Liver Buster."

The most alcoholic drink on the house? What in the world are you planning, Magtok?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #96

The man coughs once more, his albino skin showing. He has a rather unattractive face, and his skin looks rubbery. His entire body is void of pigment. *Cough*! * COUGH*! Eh...Hehe, oh? D-don't i? I'm n-not alive...Maggie...I'm a copied and recorded personality built into a chassis to keep myself alive. Just barely...Come on, *Cough*. Smile...I can't.

Mr. Louv're smiles warmly at her before coughing loudly. *COUGH*! Water....please, oh...and do you have cough drops?
    "I'm afraid we don't have cough-drops. We're an inn, not a hospital. I can get you water, though."

Assuming that pause was a subtle poke for character descriptions, then Magtok's as cyborgy as ever, clad in his usual purple robes and looking a little grumpier than usual. This coughing geezer has been the cause of just so much aggravation lately, and it's not right that he should be up and walking hobbling after committing such distasteful, shamefully brutish crimes.

The most alcoholic drink on the house? What in the world are you planning, Magtok?
    "S'a pleasure to have you." Naku says, bowing slightly, her hands resting on the front of her legs.
    "Of course. I'll be back shortly with your drinks." Naku says, turning and heading back to the bar.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano wheezes and speaks, seeming to have some kind of respiratory injury or condition. Mr. Louv're punches his chest before speaking again. Apologies, I was recently injured. Magtok, I'm sure you're just waiting for the chance to shoot me or something. *Cough*. I...wouldn't. You have a big, nasty problem don't you? Eh, old friend? *COUGH, *COUGH*, *Wheeze*.

Mr. Louv're smiles and nods at Naku. On secondd *COUGH* thought, do you have anything that'd sooth the throat?
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-04-04 at 11:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The door of the Inn ajar a little before it closes again. Most people may not have noticed the small green stuff animal in his golden armor, who entered the Inn. Some may even not notice it while walking right next to or over him. The little creature makes his way to the bar, allways carefull to not get steped on. And as he reaches it he just walks up the bar vertikal to reach the top of it. Searching for a bartender he walks the bar up and down, something that may need hours due to his size.^^
    If he can find someone he will ask with a clear voice.

"A Wizard Blizzard please and a Pizza. And make it normal size."

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden snorts, hearing that last bit. "I hear that," he says, taking a pull from the drink. "There aren't any optimists around the Nexus, I've noticed."
    The little green plush animal creature with yellow collar and golden armor looks at Aiden.

"It's just a point of view. I for example know that I will be statisfied soon, I just need to wait for my order."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Jamie gasps quietly as the Grim ReaperSasha is revealed!
    "Ooooh. Awesome."
    Or maybe not. That was complicated. "You should keep your hood down more often."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Cerise's cheerful smile at the revelation quickly turns into a pout as Sasha's hood reappears. She drifts over to the embarrassed girl and gives her a gentle smile. "Hey, hey... what's wrong? You're pretty cool without your hood."

There may also be another slight tugging of the hood. Cerise is quite the persistent little cookie, isn't she?
    Well she's actively holding her hood up with her non-hands now, so that's not going to work again. It is going to make her look around and sink even further. I think she's actually disappearing in the shadows...

"Master says I shouldn't show people."

That and she knows for sure now some unknown force is screwing with her. She doesn't like that.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #100

Well she's actively holding her hood up with her non-hands now, so that's not going to work again. It is going to make her look around and sink even further. I think she's actually disappearing in the shadows...

That and she knows for sure now some unknown force is screwing with her. She doesn't like that.
    "Why not? It looks nicer than hiding." Maybe Tavlii can just reach out to the hood and slowly move it down.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #101

Marciano wheezes and speaks, seeming to have some kind of respiratory injury or condition. Mr. Louv're punches his chest before speaking again. Apologies, I was recently injured. Magtok, I'm sure you're just waiting for the chance to shoot me or something. *Cough*. I...wouldn't. You have a big, nasty problem don't you? Eh, old friend? *COUGH, *COUGH*, *Wheeze*.

Mr. Louv're smiles and nods at Naku. On secondd *COUGH* thought, do you have anything that'd sooth the throat?
    Magtok's frown deepens. If this guy's just an artificial personality in an equally fake body, what the hell is he coughing so much for? Stupid hypochondriacs. He's going to have to check himself for horrible diseases when he gets home, this guy might have super-robo-tuberculosis or something.

"I showed up, didn't I? Just tell me what you're here to tell me so I can go home."

Bad enough that he's conducting this meeting in the one place that won't allow Maggy to stomp him flat, but to flaunt that the whole time...If Marciano takes even one step outside, he's finished.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #102

"Why not? It looks nicer than hiding." Maybe Tavlii can just reach out to the hood and slowly move it down.
    Cerise stops as she realizes that it won't work. She leans in a bit closer. "Why would he say that? I think you look better with your hood down."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok's frown deepens. If this guy's just an artificial personality in an equally fake body, what the hell is he coughing so much for? Stupid hypochondriacs. He's going to have to check himself for horrible diseases when he gets home, this guy might have super-robo-tuberculosis or something.

"I showed up, didn't I? Just tell me what you're here to tell me so I can go home."

Bad enough that he's conducting this meeting in the one place that won't allow Maggy to stomp him flat, but to flaunt that the whole time...If Marciano takes even one step outside, he's finished.
    (Somewhat like that, his body is made to function as a humans, with artificial organs and such. His lungs have some kind of malfunction. Or he's just being a pain. In reality, he was shot about twenty minutes ago.)

He smiles at Magtok, enjoying not being immediately shot down for once. Well, we must kill the Batman robot. I *Cough*built him in order to use him as a body for my mind, my personality. *COUGH*! My will. There was an error, sadly. But Enshadu was programmed to aid me, so he built me a chassis. *Cough* Er....well, dumped my body in a crate somewhere. I was put together, anyway...

Magtok, I seek to repent my horrible ways! *Cough*! See, I ran my company into the *Cough* ground with my ways. I'm different now, better! Magtok, I will help you not only beat Enshadu...but take control of the entirety of his resources. I *Cough* don't care who I betray, I almost come out *Cough* right in the end.

Anyway, *Cough*, I built him. I know weaknesses...I can easily control him, for he's loyal to me. But...you'll need to pay me back. He is powerful, and aparently has even more powerful allies...So *Cough*, what do you think so far? I want a business. I want a powerful Industry. You'll get some part of the profit, of course. I want to *Cough* start everything again.

(Marciano does not know that Excelsior reprogrammed Enshadu.)
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-04-05 at 03:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

(Somewhat like that, his body is made to function as a humans, with artificial organs and such. His lungs have some kind of malfunction. Or he's just being a pain. In reality, he was shot about twenty minutes ago.)

He smiles at Magtok, enjoying not being immediately shot down for once. Well, we must kill the Batman robot. I *Cough*built him in order to use him as a body for my mind, my personality. *COUGH*! My will. There was an error, sadly. But Enshadu was programmed to aid me, so he built me a chassis. *Cough* Er....well, dumped my body in a crate somewhere. I was put together, anyway...

Magtok, I seek to repent my horrible ways! *Cough*! See, I ran my company into the *Cough* ground with my ways. I'm different now, better! Magtok, I will help you not only beat Enshadu...but take control of the entirety of his resources. I *Cough* don't care who I betray, I almost come out *Cough* right in the end.

Anyway, *Cough*, I built him. I know weaknesses...I can easily control him, for he's loyal to me. But...you'll need to pay me back. He is powerful, and aparently has even more powerful allies...So *Cough*, what do you think so far? I want a business. I want a powerful Industry. You'll get some part of the profit, of course. I want to *Cough* start everything again.

(Marciano does not know that Excelsior reprogrammed Enshadu.)
    "I would like to inform you," Naku says directly to Marciano, as she comes back with their drinks, "that while you're safe from violence in here--thank you for your patience, Mr. Robot Person I Don't Know--" this last was aimed at Magtok, as was the slight bow she made at him while she put his drink on the table in front of him, "I will not tolerate that safety being abused. Should you abuse it, you will find that we have . . . methods of dealing with it." With that, she places Marciano's water in front of him, and heads back to the bar.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The little green plush animal creature with yellow collar and golden armor looks at Aiden.

"It's just a point of view. I for example know that I will be statisfied soon, I just need to wait for my order."
    "See, anticipating satisfaction is different from general optimism, though," Aiden says, somehow ignoring the fact that he's talking to a tiny armored animal.

16. - Top - End - #106

"We won't be any trouble, miss." Magtok says, accepting the drink but not making any sort of attempt to drink from it for the time being. Y'know, you really shouldn't make promises you can't keep, Magtok.

"As for your offer, you'll get whatever you want, but not until I'm sure Enshadu and his ilk are dead and buried. I'm not about to hand anything over for the mere promise of cooperation, not to you."

How's Magtok supposed to know he won't stab him in the back? Can't even trust the guy to stay dead, after all.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerise stops as she realizes that it won't work. She leans in a bit closer. "Why would he say that? I think you look better with your hood down."
    "STOP." Sasha says, clinging to her hood even more tightly as Tavlii tries to physically move it.

The shadows on the wall and floor around her start undulating violently.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

"We won't be any trouble, miss." Magtok says, accepting the drink but not making any sort of attempt to drink from it for the time being. Y'know, you really shouldn't make promises you can't keep, Magtok.

"As for your offer, you'll get whatever you want, but not until I'm sure Enshadu and his ilk are dead and buried. I'm not about to hand anything over for the mere promise of cooperation, not to you."

How's Magtok supposed to know he won't stab him in the back? Can't even trust the guy to stay dead, after all.
    Marciano nods and pays Naku a good sized tip as well. Well *Cough*, Ms...I won't be abusing your *COUGH* hospitality, don't worry.

He looks to Magtok again and thinks carefully. What I want? *Cough*. Anything I want? I will help you *Cough* defeat him. I have the technology, and *cough* ideas. See, Enshadu can be reprogrammed to serve whomever the programmer makes *COUGH*, *COUGH*, him serve. Take him down, I can reprogram him. You'll not be able to with only your *Cough* crappy science versus my technomagic. The knowledge to reprogram him and the knowledge of his weak areas are all stored in my *cough* head. Without my help, he'll *COUGH* run right over you. Kill me, and *Cough* I'll delete the files in the milisecond it takes my brain to do so.

I can help you shut down most of his *cough* force as well, render him weak. But...Mr. Magtok, I want a hefty reward. I can program him to do anything I want, my existence being *cough* evidence here. Magtok, I want money. I want one billion dollars, 25% of your industries earnings, and a cloning vat. *COUGH*. Or you could choose to *cough* give me nothing and let Enshadu stomp you flat, and let him take over everything instead of just some *cough* things. I win either way. I like those *cough* odds.

Deal?
    He grins and takes a sip of his water slowly.

19. - Top - End - #109

"Apologies." Tavlii stops, and moves back to the bar. This person-thing is curious, but unapproachable. "Does your master have a name?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #110

"After he's dead. Not a minute before."

Beyond that, it looks like Maggy's agreed to Marciano's terms. Or at least he's claiming to agree to those terms.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "See, anticipating satisfaction is different from general optimism, though," Aiden says, somehow ignoring the fact that he's talking to a tiny armored animal.
    A tiny stuff animal in a golden armor.

"True. I think my example was totally missing your point. I still think positiv about my future. I have survived for some time now and I don't see anything that will break me."

Actually everything can break him in physical terms. Beeing only a few inch tal is very dangerouse in the Nexus.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"After he's dead. Not a minute before."

Beyond that, it looks like Maggy's agreed to Marciano's terms. Or at least he's claiming to agree to those terms.
    Marciano grins. He moves a little closer to Magtok, and takes out a piece of yellowed parchment. A contract. Then *Cough*, sign *COUGH* Here. It's a contract, *cough* making sure you follow up with your side of the deal, and I my own. Upon breaking the rules you just agreed to, *Cough*, a great tragedy will strike you. Same with me.

You are to *COUGH*, *Cough*, *Cough*, *WHEEZE*, pay me one billion dollars, 25% of all Magcorp profits, and a cloning vat.

In exchange, I shall give to you Enshadu's blueprints, and reprogram him to serve you. Or if you do not *Cough* wish to reprogram him, I shall help you destroy him.

Deal?

He takes a pen with red ink and hands it to Magtok, and grabs another out of his pocket as well. He smiles once more and nods.

23. - Top - End - #113

"STOP." Sasha says, clinging to her hood even more tightly as Tavlii tries to physically move it.

The shadows on the wall and floor around her start undulating violently.
    "Apologies." Tavlii stops, and moves back to the bar. This person-thing is curious, but unapproachable. "Does your master have a name?"
    "Sorry if we're disturbing you..." Cerise glances briefly away, fidgeting slightly. "But you're such an interesting person. Could you tell us your master's name?"

24. - Top - End - #114

Magtok frowns, examining the writing instrument he's been handed. Red, hrm. Not the usual businessy black or blue, but red? Definitely some sort of shenanigan in effect here. "Why are these pens red?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-04-06 at 10:43 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

"...yeah. We just want to be friends," Jamie says, although she does look slightly crossly at her other friends for trying to pull Sasha's hood down. That was mean! =|

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok frowns, examining the writing instrument he's been handed. Red, hrm. Not the usual businessy black or blue, but red? Definitely some sort of shenanigan in effect here. "Why are these pens red?"
    Marciano grins and speaks slowly. It draws from *Cough*, the blood of the owner. Sealing the deal, and making sure the tragedy is put into effect. The catch is, the tragedy is decided by the one who stayed true to his word. If I betray you, you can *COUGH* do whatever you like...even kill. You could take everything from me, and leave me a cripple if you desire. And I could do the same to you if you broke the deal.

A hard bargain, *COUGH* with harsh consequences. But I'd say you're in a tough spot seeing as you can't even touch his technology. And I know how to. So, Magtok...ready? Sign away...

He picks up the pen and grins.

27. - Top - End - #117

"My 'crappy science' is far greater than you can possibly imagine, Marcy."

Magtok takes the contract, but instead of signing it, dips the thing in his incredibly alcoholic drink.

"Your 'technomagic' is flawed, weak, stupid. It might be powerful in that ridiculous suit of armor, but it has been outwitted and outmaneuvered at every turn by greater minds than your own. You ask too much, offer too little, and I've no doubt that regardless of what I do, you intend to see me suffer in the future."

He holds a finger on his left hand under the alcohol-soaked contract. A small flame shoots up from Magtok's middle finger, which should ignite the devilish bargain immediately.

"Enshadu will fall, but it will be by my hand, not yours. If Excelsior could do it, MagCorp can do twice as well. Good day."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sorry if we're disturbing you..." Cerise glances briefly away, fidgeting slightly. "But you're such an interesting person. Could you tell us your master's name?"
    "...yeah. We just want to be friends," Jamie says, although she does look slightly crossly at her other friends for trying to pull Sasha's hood down. That was mean! =|
    It was quite mean. They even pressed the point after displaying a clear inclination for it not to be pressed. The shadows relax slightly, but little girl remains hunkered down for now.

"Omega."
    "Friends?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

"My 'crappy science' is far greater than you can possibly imagine, Marcy."

Magtok takes the contract, but instead of signing it, dips the thing in his incredibly alcoholic drink.

"Your 'technomagic' is flawed, weak, stupid. It might be powerful in that ridiculous suit of armor, but it has been outwitted and outmaneuvered at every turn by greater minds than your own. You ask too much, offer too little, and I've no doubt that regardless of what I do, you intend to see me suffer in the future."

He holds a finger on his left hand under the alcohol-soaked contract. A small flame shoots up from Magtok's middle finger, which should ignite the devilish bargain immediately.

"Enshadu will fall, but it will be by my hand, not yours. If Excelsior could do it, MagCorp can do twice as well. Good day."
    Marciano growls angrily, as Magtok burns his contract right in front of him. He takes his water, and attempts to splash it in Magtok's face, all without standing up. You're an idiot, still! *Cough*, fine then...I'm sure I can be of use to others, to assure you *COUGH* die in the most painful way possible you slithering coward. I'll make sure *Cough* the Magcave is totalled, there will be *Cough* no survivors if I can help it. Just like what happened to my tower. How'd you know Scumtok? How'd you know I'd like to see you suffer? Is it because you know you bloody well deserve it?! Excelsior is involved? Than they'll be the ones *Cough* being aided. My knowledge is worth everything.

I was secretly hoping you'd betray me, just so *Cough* I could see the look in your eyes when you're slaughtered mercilessly. Well, Goodbye you half-artificial worm. I hope you enjoy my spit-water. It's all *Cough* you're worth.
    He then finally stands up, and attempts to press his Louv're logo, which will allow him to disappear from the inn.

30. - Top - End - #120

It was quite mean. They even pressed the point after displaying a clear inclination for it not to be pressed. The shadows relax slightly, but little girl remains hunkered down for now.

"Omega."
    "Friends?"
    "Friends are people who like each other and help each other, if I remember correctly."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine