New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: "Under the Red Sky" IC Pathfinder E6

"After you."
    Kona gestured vaguely outwards, indicating the halfling to lead the way.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

The halfling leads the way to the bar, pausing every couple of steps to let the larger folk maneuver around the torsos she so rarely needed to contend with. She scrambles up an open stool at the bar and orders a round for herself and her friends, motioning for the party behind her to pay for the fare.

"This is a pretty rowdy place, and I've been to more pubs than I can count. It must take alot of work and talent to keep things running smoothly, how do you manage it?" Demi asks the bartender, trying to strike up a rapport and encouraging the others to jump in as well.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Attempting to improve the bartenders mood towards the group, and actively trying to get them to assist in the effort.

Managed a roll of 18 for myself, not sure how many of the party will pitch in yet though.
    Last edited by Johnny_Blades; 2013-11-04 at 10:00 AM.

3. - Top - End - #543

The bartender brings you some drinks.

"5 copper. The truth be told this place pays for itself. These people come here to relax. They have a good time and tip well.... And we keep 2 mean bouncers in the back just in case someone steps over the line."
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

Under the Red Sky Pathfinder e6

My homebrew:

Stormageddon's Pathfinder/E6... P6 Compendium

(PF) Mistborn, Allomancer

4. - Top - End - #544

Goblin

"It's a fine place," Kona agrees, handing over the coppers. "We were told we might find Ned Sagur here, but find him or no it will have been worth the trip."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aid another, I guess?
    Diplomacy:(1d20+4)[17]

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Caelain takes his drink and hands over the money in silence while looking intently at the newcomer, sizing her up.
    Last edited by White_Drake; 2013-11-11 at 02:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like one, that on a lonesome road
    Doth walk in fear and dread,
    And having once turned round walks on,
    And turns no more his head;
    Because he knows, a frightful fiend
    Doth close behind him tread.
    The Rime of the Ancient Mariner -- Samuel Coleridge Taylor

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546

"Oh lass, I best recommend that you stay away from that one. He's a shady one, but it's your funeral. If you're looking for him he is right over there surrounded by his grunts."

He points to the ugly man that is surround by a gang of ugly if uglier than himself.
    "On another note, good job, Stormageddon; planting the seeds of doubt and mistrust now will go a long way towards culturing an atmosphere of paranoia and neuroticism, perfect for any evil masterminding which your devious plans might require; it hearkens backs to the hoary days when E.G. Gygax himself strode among us." - White Drake Under The Red Sky Campaign

My homebrew:

7. - Top - End - #547
    Pixie in the Playground

Demi can't help but state the obvious. "Wow... that's alot of ugly. So, now that you know who he is, what next?"

8. - Top - End - #548

Goblin

"Convenient. Thank you." Kona turns away from the bartender, holding her drink close. "Try the direct approach, I suppose."

Kona makes her way through the press of the crowd, directly approaching Ned's crew.

9. - Top - End - #549

"Hey now look what we got here!" One of Ned's more ugly henchman shoots at your approach. "You've comes to party with us?" Says another in a voice that screams HEY LOOK I'M STUPID.

My homebrew:

10. - Top - End - #550

Goblin

Destructive urges flashed through Kona's mind, remembering the inept guards who had cared more about their amusements than reports of death. Still, these fools were unassociated with that, and Maechus had demonstrated a far more effective technique than burning them where they stood.
    "With you?" Kona draws close to the lackey, one hand on the front of his shirt, the other holding her drink to the side. "Not tonight." With a hissing sound and the smell of smoke, Kona sidesteps around the thug, pushing against him slightly through the flash of heat and revealing a hand shaped hole in his tunic, the edges singed black. "Fine as they are apart, ash and ale mix poorly." The girl took a draw of her drink as she pulled around a chair next to Ned's.
    "You're Ned Sagur, yes? What can you tell me about Push?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate on the thug, flame jet as a touch attack on his shirt:(1d20+9)[17]

11. - Top - End - #551

The thug face turns ashen as he looks down at the newly made hole.

"Owww what the..."

Ned speaks up looking amused at the abuse done to his thug.

"A woman who gets right to the point, I like that. However, I don't know you, and I don't like that."

My homebrew:

12. - Top - End - #552

Goblin

"I'm Kona. And I'm from out of town, which is likely why you don't know me. So now you know, would you care to return the favor?"

13. - Top - End - #553

He seems amused by your story.

"The names Ned. Girl, New to the city, comes to old Ned looking for Push. Seems an unlikely story. And what makes you think that I know anything about it love?

My homebrew:

14. - Top - End - #554

Goblin

"You've said yourself that you don't like being in the dark, you're well situated to observe all that goes on in one of the city's more disreputable taverns, most of the patrons, many of whom would have poor judgement even if they weren't drunk, are giving you a wide berth save for these few gentlemen who I assume you do not keep about for their wit and candor and even the barkeep seems wary of you. Regardless of where I first heard the rumor it's fairly clear that even if you don't know anything yourself you may know someone who does."

15. - Top - End - #555

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (1d20+3)[5]

My homebrew:

16. - Top - End - #556

"Hmmmm what is it you wish to know from old Ned little girl?"

My homebrew:

17. - Top - End - #557

Goblin

Kona doesn't pause to consider, she doesn't know where this man stands on the drug so she slants her questions towards the ambiguous.
    "I'd like to know a bit more about what it does, I've heard rumors and interesting ones at that but nothing concrete. And I'd like to know where to get it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff:(1d20+12)[27]

18. - Top - End - #558

"It wakes you up! That's what it does. It makes all your problems seem like nothing. One hit and you'll be flying high! I might know a guy that could get you some."

He looks at you expectantly.

My homebrew:

19. - Top - End - #559

Goblin

Kona decides to take a risk, hoping that the others would follow along if needed.
    "I'd love to meet him. When and where?"

20. - Top - End - #560

"I'll tell you what if you're serious. Met me behind the inn in one hour. I'll bring you to him"

My homebrew:

21. - Top - End - #561

Goblin

"I am and I'll be there."
    Kona rose and slowly made her way back to the bar, eager to not seem eager. She took another draw of her drink and then informed the others of how the conversation had gone.

22. - Top - End - #562

A hour goes by and you go to meet your drug contact outside of the building as you were told.

You find him out back with a gang of 6 men.

"... What's with your friends? I didn't know this was going to be a group affair?"

My homebrew: