New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLV

"Priest?" Andy blinked, then started to giggle softly. "Oh, I'll have to tell Uncle Toby that one." Composing herself, she shook her head with a smile. "You might be thinking of his friend Tony Sciano, though. But I am the granddaughter of Tobias Vulpan, Archdruid and Commander of HALO," she continued. "But you have me at a disadvantage, Mr....?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

"Xar'Cha. Raril Xar'Cha. And druid, priest, what's the difference really?" He asks with a shrug. "Archdruid too. A druid with a rank? I always thought they were more independent than that? Hierarchy, very... priestly to me." The drow smirks, knowing he made a mistake but willing to defend it, no matter how silly it sounded. "Head of HALO too? I don't think I've ever been there. Are they still at the bottom of the ocean or something?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

"I think 'Grand Supreme Druid Poobah' would suit him better, but don't tell him I said that." Somehow Andy managed to keep her face completely straight... "And I knew I recognised you! It's an honor to meet you, Sir Raril, your reputation as a bard proceeds you. As for HALO, we do have our underwater base, but the Commander hopes to set up outstations and become more active in Nexus events."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril chuckles. "Sir? I don't think I've ever gotten myself knighted. I was Mayor for a while. A king, too, but that doesn't really count here. I'm pleased you've heard of my music, though. I don't play as often as I used to, now."
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2013-06-03 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Chicklets!
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, not yet. But I think it suits you. And music is kind of my thing as well. You play...violin, right?" Andy looked thoughtful, as she tried to recall, then smiled. "I play the bagpipes."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Not yet? Well, the way things go in the Nexus, it was certainly possible for him to be knighted. He'd once acted as a general for a group of high-tech soldiers. Raril wondered if he still had that laser rifle somewhere.

"Violin, guitar, cello, a smattering of other things." Raril agrees with a smile. "I don't think I've ever tried bagpipes, though. Are they difficult?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, for me they came naturally, but I had a good teacher." Andy's smile grew as she thought back, remembering times spent on the bagpipes with Carrie. "But I know for some they can be rather difficult to play well. There's a reason they have the reputation they do, after all; the playing of bagpipes is actually banned in some areas. Although I don't think they're actually considered weapons of mass destruction on any worlds."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

"I must say, I approve of an instrument that can be weaponized. " Raril smiles, reminiscing. "I used to summon up large instruments above my enemies' heads. Usually surprised them." He recalls, chuckling.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

"Did you ever get to drop a grand piano on Magtok?" Andy couldn't help but giggle at the mental image of that. "I've heard of it being done, but I've never actally gotten to see it in action."

Even though she actually does have Summon Baby Grand in her spell-list.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't think so." Raril shakes his head. "I've stabbed him a few times." He recalls, frowning. Those were never good times.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah." Andy frowned, taking a sip of her drink and shivering at the magical chill, as she decided to change the subject. "Were you planning on playing tonight? I always enjoy hearing the work of a master."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

"I hadn't been, but I could never refuse a request of a lady." Raril says, smiling again. "What would you like to hear?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

The bardess blushed slightly at that, and tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Hm. It's hard to choose, but do you know the Concerto No. 5?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow blinks a bit in surprised. "Mozart? A good choice. I'm more of a Bach fan, myself, but you cannot discount the prodigy." A he speaks, he makes a curious gesture, and with a small pop, a violin and bow appear in his hands. He tucks the instrument under his chin, closes his eyes and begins to play.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

"As long as there aren't words I can understand, I usually enjoy music," Andy states, chuckling, then falling quiet as the music starts to play. Closing her eyes, she smiles, seeming to drink in the cheerful sound as it fills the tavern, clearly an aficionado.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

"I prefer instrumentals, myself. It lets you pour emotion into the music, and not let words get in the way. I know too many languages to find lyrics I won't understand, to some extent. However, I know some absolutely beautiful Elvish ballads, and Dwarvish drinking songs are a bit of a guilty pleasure." Raril admits with a grin. "It's too bad there aren't more dwarves in the Nexus. They're good people."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

[Trog's Tavern - Smoking Section]

Quite soon after The Grandfather leaves, another man approaches, stopping to glance at the tavern sign to make sure he's at the right place. Which he does indeed seem to be! Which is great! The fact that the right place happens to be on fire? Marginally less so. What a bother.

This man though. He's not really a man to go unnoticed. He's really damn tall, for one, easily breaking past 7 feet in terrifying metallic height. He's dressed in a most gentlemanly manner, with his deep black frock coat with silver buttons and affable top hat. Not to mention that classy silver-topped cane! Just, um, ignore the vicious mechanical claw gripping it. It's no doubt to match the smooth iron mask clamped around his face, sealing him off from the world with only those smoky glass eye-lenses as his gateway out.

Dr. Anton Graves strides purposefully into the flaming tavern.
    "Greetings fellows!" He says cheerfully, his jovial tone totally not undercut by the fact that his metallic bass rumbling sounds like the reverberating crash of a granite tombstone smashing against the walls of a forgotten mausoleum.
    "Your public house appears to be on fire."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-06-03 at 07:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

I forgot he already had one.

Seeing he hasn't drunk the last ale he ordered when the new one arrives, Bramble frowns slightly. "Well, that was a bit daft. As I said, the houses looked to be deserted, and I was able to walk between them without being attacked by anything more ferocious than a giant woodlouse. No radiation, near as I can tell anyway, so that's good. Might be traps, or nocturnal creatures, or something- I didn't enter any of the houses, just walked along the road in the middle. It's rough going, though; the road's full of potholes and stuff. The buildings all looked sturdy enough, though one didn't have a roof and it looks like at least three buildings on the old estate have collapsed completely. Maybe more than three; there's three piles of rubble, at least. Would you like another ale? I don't think I should drink two."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Fun fact: my phone autocorrects "Krayger" as "leather" if I forget to capitalize it, which I find hysterical.
    Anyway, Krayger takes the mug.
    Sure, I can take plenty of the stuff; it's made with humans in mind most of the time. Anyway, thanks, maybe I will check it out. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a chance of some bloke with a gun taking my head off.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, I don't think there's much chance of that. The place looks too empty. Be careful if you try going upstairs, though. I don't know what state the wood's in. I couldn't see any sign that they have basements, so the ground floors should be stable."

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Krayger leans back in his seat.
    Alright, sounds good. Maybe I'll go tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow. For now we're finishing our drink, though.
    He takes another pull.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

"OK. I'll be sure to check out houses you mentioned, too. Think there's anything dangerous there?" Not that he particularly cares either way; if the place is suspected to be dangerous, he'll wait until after he's got a gun and had lessons in its use.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Trog's Tavern - Smoking Section]

Quite soon after The Grandfather leaves, another man approaches, stopping to glance at the tavern sign to make sure he's at the right place. Which he does indeed seem to be! Which is great! The fact that the right place happens to be on fire? Marginally less so. What a bother.

This man though. He's not really a man to go unnoticed. He's really damn tall, for one, easily breaking past 7 feet in terrifying metallic height. He's dressed in a most gentlemanly manner, with his deep black frock coat with silver buttons and affable top hat. Not to mention that classy silver-topped cane! Just, um, ignore the vicious mechanical claw gripping it. It's no doubt to match the smooth iron mask clamped around his face, sealing him off from the world with only those smoky glass eye-lenses as his gateway out.

Dr. Anton Graves strides purposefully into the flaming tavern.
    "Greetings fellows!" He says cheerfully, his jovial tone totally not undercut by the fact that his metallic bass rumbling sounds like the reverberating crash of a granite tombstone smashing against the walls of a forgotten mausoleum.
    "Your public house appears to be on fire."
    Derrick waves to the newcomer, trying to ignore the frankly terrifying appearance that he presents. At a few inches shorter than Nexus average, he feels incredibly small all of a sudden, and is even without Atorre-Kai's mechanical prostheses to fit in. Then he reminds himself that that's all rather silly.
    "Greetings. It-what?" He jumps right back to his feet and quickly looks around, yes, there's flames outside the furthest smoking section window. That explains the oil, or the reverse, rather.
    "You just set the Tavern on fire and walk in here just like that?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Krayger shakes his head.
    "Probably not. Just a few big bugs, but not even the venomous kind. I heard once something that might have been something bigger, but I checked and there were no tracks, so there was definitely nothing roaming around. If there was something it had to have stayed in the buildings. Since there wouldn't be enough room for a food stash, I'd say worst possible thing it was a zombie. Again, worst case, and definitely not more than one. And no ghost, since they're easier to sense if you're in their territory."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, there's the possibility of it being a golem or a robot. They'd be harder to defeat, if they see you coming anyway." Bramble is very good at sneaking. He creeps past lots of things, as it's easier than charging in to bash their heads in.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "I prefer instrumentals, myself. It lets you pour emotion into the music, and not let words get in the way. I know too many languages to find lyrics I won't understand, to some extent. However, I know some absolutely beautiful Elvish ballads, and Dwarvish drinking songs are a bit of a guilty pleasure." Raril admits with a grin. "It's too bad there aren't more dwarves in the Nexus. They're good people."
    "I think there isn't enough magma around to interest them," Andy says, smirking slightly. "But that is rather surprising, isn't it? Anyway, your playing is wonderful. I'd be willing to provide an example of the bagpipes, if you'd like?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Derrick waves to the newcomer, trying to ignore the frankly terrifying appearance that he presents. At a few inches shorter than Nexus average, he feels incredibly small all of a sudden, and is even without Atorre-Kai's mechanical prostheses to fit in. Then he reminds himself that that's all rather silly.
    "Greetings. It-what?" He jumps right back to his feet and quickly looks around, yes, there's flames outside the furthest smoking section window. That explains the oil, or the reverse, rather.
    "You just set the Tavern on fire and walk in here just like that?"
    [Smoking Section]

"Of course not!" Says Dr. Graves, laughing genially. Ha! Ha! Ha! Let's ignore the fact his laugh sounds like the cold, soulless laugh of the Grim Reaper. Yes. Let's.

*hides in corner*
    *cries*

"Fire is such a crude method. If I wanted to destroy this establishment, there would be nothing left of it currently but a smoldering crater and a refreshing odor of peppermint!" Wait, what?
    "Now, on to business. I believe in this fine alehouse there is a fellow named Atorre?"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-06-04 at 03:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Smoking Section]

Mika, who has stayed here with Attore stands up.

"Uh..ahm... I think I leave now." It's easy to notice that she is intimidated by the view of the newcomer. Still she waves a welcome at him. Also the heat doesn't seem to do well to her, even if it's only a few degree by now.

Mika heads for the front door to leave.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #389
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Smoking Section]

"Well, it's hard to be cruder than an impact, although peppermint would be a nice touch." A deep breath to steady himself; this man is scary. He stops talking quite so fast.

"Speaking. But we should do something about the fire before moving on to business." It's almost a question, and he speeds up as he asks it.

Turn to notice their friend departing. "Ah, farewell Mika. See you sometime after whatever all this is. Actually, you might have the right idea. The whole city isn't burning." Right? Don't tell him the whole place is on fire. That would be so sad.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Well, there's the possibility of it being a golem or a robot. They'd be harder to defeat, if they see you coming anyway." Bramble is very good at sneaking. He creeps past lots of things, as it's easier than charging in to bash their heads in.
    Hadn't thought of that. Still, constructs usually have a routine or are still, so I'm not too sure it would be one. The buildings looked like human homes, past my era, so I wouldn't expect serious magic like golems unless they came in. Or at least, not caster magic like that.