New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLV

Atorre reaches out and shakes her hand.

"All of the most interesting people, of course." He looks around at the clientele of Trog's to make the point. Even if there's no fight going on, it's quite a scene most of the time.

"How about yourself?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-05-02 at 08:56 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

A young lady walks in.
    A totally ridiculous young lady.
    Mostly it's just the huge chakram on her back, maybe the hair... until she opens her mouth, revealing a bunch of pointy teeth and a ridiculous accent.
    Seating herself at the bar, the underdressed and overburdened gal orders a... 'drink'.
    Hwee hwud like hwun pahrts tekeela an' twoo paahrts chipootle tahbaskoos.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Miak waves at the newcomer in a friendly way. She just can't really resist to be nice to foreign people. She turns back to Atorre after that.

"Oh, that is easy. I was just looking for some entertainment and maybe someone to talk."

Even thought she smiles, it's possible to hear that she is a bit sad.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #94

Atorre also turns and looks at the new person. "You really like peppers, huh?"

Looking back at Mika, he looks curious. "You don't usually have people to talk to?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

The ridiculous lady nods, grinning with well-kept if somewhat uneven pointy teeth. Paihn of hawt soss ees rhep-ree-zen-teeng of komeeng ghrate dee-struck-shon... also eet taystes nhice.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

"No. There isn't anyone anymore." she answers his question, but then looks confused at the newcomer.

"Excuse me?" Her player can barly understand the accent, especially writen.

7. - Top - End - #97

This Atorre shakes his head. "I don't think that hot sauce works that way. I suppose it can mean so to you. What do you want great destruction for, friend? It's likely to break your Tabasco bottles."

Turning back to Mika, he frowns. "That's a shame. You c- Well, anymore? What happened to them?"

((She said: "We would like one parts tequila and two parts chipotle Tabasco."

"Pain of hot sauce is representing of coming great destruction...also it tastes nice."))
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-05-04 at 08:04 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig comes riding into Trog's on Kullervo. Upon entering, he hops off the mount and heads for the bar, while the wolf as always goes to curl up by the fireplace.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    This Atorre shakes his head. "I don't think that hot sauce works that way. I suppose it can mean so to you. What do you want great destruction for, friend? It's likely to break your Tabasco bottles."

Turning back to Mika, he frowns. "That's a shame. You c- Well, anymore? What happened to them?"

((She said: "We would like one parts tequila and two parts chipotle Tabasco."

"Pain of hot sauce is representing of coming great destruction...also it tastes nice."))
    Grayte dee-struck-shonn ees gray-terr den hot soss. Ehven eef hot soss ees nhice.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

The situation seeming mostly diffused, Cal lowers his gun (although it's still out) and goes to make sure the girl is okay, since he's not aware of the explanatory text.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #101

"The usal things." she replies. She appears a bit defensive right now. The way the other woman speaks gives her a bad feeling, especially since she can barly understand her.

((Great destruction is greater then hot sauce Even if hot sauce is nice. That's what Beans char said, right? I can just say without Recaiden's translation I would still be totally confused.))

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Grayte dee-struck-shonn ees gray-terr den hot soss. Ehven eef hot soss ees nhice.
    "Why would you say so? Destruction is useful only for what follows. It's not really like hot sauce at all. The peppers have flavor; great destruction itself only brings emptiness. You looking for what comes after?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "The usal things." she replies. She appears a bit defensive right now. The way the other woman speaks gives her a bad feeling, especially since she can barly understand her.

((Great destruction is greater then hot sauce Even if hot sauce is nice. That's what Beans char said, right? I can just say without Recaiden's translation I would still be totally confused.))
    Atorre-Derrik nods. "I'm sorry. You'll find new people to talk to. Like now."

((That's right))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig undeadtimes by the bar. Seems he missed quite a fracas.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

The strange-accented violet-haired weirdo girl shrugs.
    Ees noht our weel, ees weel of Drana, she ees wanteeng the dee-struck-shonn.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Mika looks confused at Derrik. Did he just told the other woman that destruction is useful.

"As allways, it won't last long." she can assume how this ends. Either they start a fight or go for something. It happend many times before.

16. - Top - End - #106

"Destruction for creation afterwards, or a revolution, could at least make sense. Who is Drana, that you're doing this for?" While the girl is creepy, she doesn't seem mean or dangerous (and he can't take anyone with that mega-shuriken seriously), so he mostly just sounds curious.

Looking at Mika, he raises an eyebrow. "She's not making any sense to you either, is she? As always? Why?" He's smiling now. Bets it can be made to be different.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

She's not even very good at being creepy, mostly because her accent is hilarious and her teeth are silly.
    Ees just dee-struck-shon, hwee theenk. An' Drana ees our ghoddess.
    She pulls out a crumpled drawing from her top, which looks something like...
    Um. Well.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Mika just shrugs.

"I still can't understand her. And it allways happened so it will be as allways."

19. - Top - End - #109

Atorre reaches out to take the paper and inspect it. "Oh, this looks like how Kai would dress." What does Drana stand for? Just destruction?

"Do you not believe in change, Mika?" Apathy is so frustrating, but he keeps smiling.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #110

"Researches" he sais, holding up the notes to underline the statement. "I'm intressed in this stuff. Wisdom if might."
    She brightens! Then, I can help you with research! I know everything about dragon, cuz' I am one!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Atorre reaches out to take the paper and inspect it. "Oh, this looks like how Kai would dress." What does Drana stand for? Just destruction?
    Mohstly dee-struck-shon. Ees noht ahlways konseestent.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marty stops his ice magic. This was not supposed to happen! The Fearblaze should have been frozen solid. The numbfrost was stronger than fearblaze. Though both had corny names. As a secondary effect, her toes will probably have contracted frostbite. Her very blood frozen.

Marty is pushes into a chair and risen up. He doesn't like this at all. Too many people... He wanted to see Elio alone. Marty speaks now, in the air. P-Perhaps you d-don't understand... The numbfrost must destroy the fearblaze. The only way is to freeze it from existence, Elio. Nothing else can effect it. The fearblaze is a harmful flame. Cruel. Destructive. I preserve. I n-never destroy... Elio... I don't appreciate y-you luring me into a trap for authorities to lock me up. All I'm d-doing is trying t-to help.

He'll attempt to freeze the chair solid, which can be easily done. The chair explodes from expanding, and frozen wood chunks go flying. Marty drops to the floor, and will then throw his hands up in the air. Y-You can't suppress the m-magic now, Elio. It will destroy the f-fearblaze until I tell it t-to stop. The fearblaze will corrupt her, I'm purifying her. For the g-greater good. But... I will stop. For you, old f-friend. He reaches his hand out, and the numbfrost will stop spreading. Marty looks upset he's not allowed to destroy the fearblaze here.
    He nods, and smiles back. "I'm Atorre. A pleasure to meet you."

The Fearblaze is a special form of fire, that, as its name implies, feeds on fear, burning it as a self-sustaining fuel much faster than any actual substance burns. Dark black, but in this case, mixed up with normal yellow-orange fire.

Elio (and Marty, through the numbfrost) could probably magically see that this fire can't be put out without killing her, and her being alive is what's giving it the unnatural resistance to the frost. Easy fix though. Just do anything that should put out the flames, then kill her, and they'll go out for good.

Just a tiny bit of free flame is still glowing, amidst all the ice.

"Thank you." To Elio.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Angie is going to do some mental probing on Marty. Specifically at the effects the spell that keeps Marty from feeling sadness. Hopefully it isn't tied to the loss of his soul she doubts she would be able to fix that. Depending on what she finds she will try to undo the spell making it so Marty can feel sadness once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The situation seeming mostly diffused, Cal lowers his gun (although it's still out) and goes to make sure the girl is okay, since he's not aware of the explanatory text.
    Elio turns to with a fairly nonplussed look on his face. "First of all, I didn't lure you into a trap dummy. You asked to meet me. Second, thank you." He nods his head graciously to Marty for ceasing the numbfrost. After that, Elio claps his hands like that's the end of the problems for now. "Now, I believe I heard you said you would go with the Remnant lady, yes? They probably have the best readily available tech short of Exellion or whatever their called. Get you some clone skin for your face, because that is an infection waiting to happen, repair or replace that arm, then counseling. A lot of it. And I will be by your side the whole time, I swear."

With a *BLIP* another Elio appears a few feet behind the one talking to Marty. "He still in the-"

"Bathroom," the first Elio answers, pointing the way. "Part of the Elio package, I hardly ever have to leave anyone. Oh Rem Lady, we're ready for our unconditional surrender..."

Unless, you know, Marty doesn't.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Elio turns to with a fairly nonplussed look on his face. "First of all, I didn't lure you into a trap dummy. You asked to meet me. Second, thank you." He nods his head graciously to Marty for ceasing the numbfrost. After that, Elio claps his hands like that's the end of the problems for now. "Now, I believe I heard you said you would go with the Remnant lady, yes? They probably have the best readily available tech short of Exellion or whatever their called. Get you some clone skin for your face, because that is an infection waiting to happen, repair or replace that arm, then counseling. A lot of it. And I will be by your side the whole time, I swear."

With a *BLIP* another Elio appears a few feet behind the one talking to Marty. "He still in the-"

"Bathroom," the first Elio answers, pointing the way. "Part of the Elio package, I hardly ever have to leave anyone. Oh Rem Lady, we're ready for our unconditional surrender..."

Unless, you know, Marty doesn't.
    Marty stands and smiles for a few seconds. Remnant was not the way to go. He would not like this... They would brainwash him into submission. No. That was not the way. Marty does something creative. Suddenly, in a bat of a watchers eye, Marty is up in the air. He creates solid ice beneath his feet, a tower that propels him up. The roof of Trog's on top of his head freezes, compresses, and explodes, sending shrapnel about, hopefully blinding and distracting everyone beneath. The tower ends with him on the roof of Trog's. He'll then run and start jumping rooftops, his increased dexterity to battle The Operative allowing him to jump far distances and at good speed. Marty's running to Outside. Soon.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-05-06 at 04:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

"Do you not believe in change, Mika?" Apathy is so frustrating, but he keeps smiling.
    "I do, otherwise I wouldn't come here. Experience the same result over and over again is much badder then never having it."

Obvioulsy she isn't going to join in the God of destruction discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    She brightens! Then, I can help you with research! I know everything about dragon, cuz' I am one!
    The masked man smiles under his mask. That was close and he didn't got enougth informations yet.

"Thats super. So we can go on I assume? Can you tell me if some kind of food cause reactions by a dragon baby? Like their fire get's hotter scales shine brighter and such things."

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Mohstly dee-struck-shon. Ees noht ahlways konseestent.
    "Why her? Not that it's too surprising; religions rarely are."

"I do, otherwise I wouldn't come here. Experience the same result over and over again is much badder then never having it."
    "Well, just what result are you looking for?"

The bartender doesn't seem in terrible danger, but certainly not okay either. She's terribly cold just to be near.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Crazy, right? Of course, you don't know that. What if she's a legion spy?

Anyway, Dolores shrugs.

"Some decent absinthe would be great, actually. Anything to get over the shock of this place..."
    Orrin nods and pulls a wallet from a pocket of his flight suit. "You got cash, or am I buying right now?"

Iamar can't do much but watch as Marty makes his escape. She grimaces and sheathes her sword.

In a different timeline, Ashley walks through the door of the tavern and sits at the bar, carrying a small black card in her hand.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig undeadtimes once more, studying the room carefully. Seems he's had little luck making any interesting encounters since coming here, but maybe it'll change.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

The bartender doesn't seem in terrible danger, but certainly not okay either. She's terribly cold just to be near.
    Cal goes over to her and tries to help her out.
    Here, let me help you to the fire; looks like you need it.
    He'll try to help her stand, else he's perfectly fine with carrying her, assuming she weighs a normal amount.
    Yeah, once the ice started he pretty much resigned to his uselessness in the scenario.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-05-06 at 04:06 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dolores shrugs.

"Depends if they take caps or NCR dollars. Probably neither, since this place looks kind of not-blown-up."

She thinks a moment before fishing a few large coins composed of precious metals from her bag.

"Actually, maybe they'll take Legion coins. Gold and Silver have value almost anywhere..."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-05-06 at 06:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Cal goes over to her and tries to help her out.
    Here, let me help you to the fire; looks like you need it.
    He'll try to help her stand, else he's perfectly fine with carrying her, assuming she weighs a normal amount.
    Yeah, once the ice started he pretty much resigned to his uselessness in the scenario.
    The bartender tries to stand, but doesn't quite manage it. But she does weigh a normal amount and can be carried along, protesting weakly. The warmth of the fire visibly helps a lot when she arrives. The barmaid just sits, sort of crumpled, facing it, while the flames lean out towards her, occasionally jumping over to mix with the black flames around her.

After a few minutes there, the black fire starts to be replaced with a more normal color.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine