New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sandbox Tristalt (IC)

Hmm. Natsu shrugged. More or less. I grew up abandoned in a forest. I learned to hunt by watching predators and learned to hide by watching prey. I was eventually adopted and my father taught me some magic.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's... remarkabe. On the task at hand: is there anything I could do to help? Non-combat-wise of course.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

- Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

This sentence is false.

Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Natsu nodded, and grinned. Track with me, watch my back. Help me find this beast, help me set us up to corner him in his cave. Once we've set up our ambush, you can decide what you want to do. You can try to hide nearby, or you can hide far away. You can't fight, for obvious reasons. I'm not going to stop you if you try, because I've decided that you are your own man, and a respectable one at that, but we know how that would end. Let's move though, I don't know when he hunts, but if he hunts in the morning, I want to see him leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe we should time jump. Others seem to have lost interest. Perhaps we should jump to when we start setting up the ambush?

4. - Top - End - #214

MindFlayer

Garmine sat inside the shelter with his contracts spread before him. <Killing this dragon is not the most efficient use of the tools we have at our disposal but if it comes to that.. Hmm.. The service of the madman perhaps? Yes, and that of the huntress. It would not do if I lost any more companions.>

He chuckles to himself as he ponders the possibilities and gather up his things. <This will prove to become an interesting day.> A while later the rock is dispelled and Garmine goes searching for his two companions.

5. - Top - End - #215

{{OOC: Yeah, skipping up is a good idea}}

You reach a point right outside the dragon's cave, he has left about 10 minutes ago flying west and didn't appear to have noticed any of you.

This sentence is false.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Garmine, my plan is to wait for him to re-enter his cave, and then block the exit. If you want to chit chat with him, you can, but he'd better convince me pretty well that he's going to be nothing but a saint from here on out, or I'll protect the area the only way I know actually works. Natsu says, giving Greg a sidelong glance, gauging his reaction.

7. - Top - End - #217

MindFlayer

"Hmm.. Guilty until proven innocent?" Garmine shrugs. "Very well. Do you have a plan for when we have lined up ourselves perfectly for it's lightning breath by blocking the entrance? I rather not have to dispose of the cult by myself later. Perhaps we should search the cave for anything useful for us that might aid in the ambush or as a bargaining chip." Garmine approaches the cave and peers inside. "By the way Natsu.. How do you know the dragon is a he? Can you read that from it's tracks?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect magic as he looks around. Consider this skill always active as it is an at-will ability.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Natsu shrugged Yes, guilty until proven innocent. I suppose that's not fair, but it is my most hated foe, and one of the most destructive and evil creatures who live on the material plane. I'd say the same of demons as well. Devils at least keep their word.

Gesturing for Garmine to enter, Natsu sighs. The dragon will smell your intrusion, but by the time it notices your scent it will be to late. As for the breath weapon, don't bunch up. I'll go in front and appear the most threatening to attract it's ire. I don't mind a little jolt.

Natsu lurched, nearly losing his balance at the last question. He's.. well.. Hmm... Actually, we've just been referring to it as a he. I guess that's because Greg and I are hunters and normally when you hunt, you go for the males. The difference from the norm, I guess, is this time we are not hunting prey, but a predator. Maybe it's a female. I wonder if it's immoral to not eat the meat...
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-09-19 at 08:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

MindFlayer

Garmine flashes a mischievous smile at Natsu. "Oh, but I don't leave neither scent nor tracks behind, so it should not be a problem."

He raises an eyebrow at the question of consuming their soon to be foe. "If your father is a dragon is it not a bit too similar to eating your evil cousin? Not that I would presume to judge.." As he is peering into the cave he almost as an afterthought adds. "If we proceed to slay this dragon I could offer you a deal for some dragonscale armour."

Spoiler
    Show
    Garmine is under the effect of Entropic warding.
    Last edited by Tiny; 2013-09-20 at 05:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

You'll have to show me how to do that. Natsu grinned back, always easily infected by other's smiles.

As for eating my cousin, I don't mind if you eat my evil extended family members. I'm not sure if I would be a cannibal or not, but it might be a crime to not eat what we hunt. Natsu lost his grin and he thought about morality, but he soon made his decision and went back to grinning. I wouldn't mind a dragon scale scarf. But a full set of armor would slow me down. Either way, I plan to collect its heart scale.

11. - Top - End - #221

MindFlayer

Garmine winked at Natsu. "Sure I could teach you.. For a price." He chuckled as he entered the cave.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Garmine sees anything he might possibly consider being a magical trap/mundane trap or some such he will stop. Detect magic and Spot: (1d20-1)[11] Search:(1d20+4)[16]

12. - Top - End - #222

Spoiler
    Show
    The only magical auras in the vicinity are some faint ones produced by various magic items within the treasure.

{{OOC: It seems there only 2 of you left, still wanna continue? Maybe I should rerecruit, for the new two to join you in the well-known-by-you-village?}}

This sentence is false.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Your price, thus far, has been reasonable. And you seem to be trustworthy. I'll probably have to take you up on that offer. Natsu said, watching Garmine look around for a while, but turning to watch the skies after he is sure Garmine will be fine searching on his own.

Spoiler
    Show
    We should probably re-recruit, but maybe, after we deal with the dragon and return to the village is when they should pop in, for realism's sake.

14. - Top - End - #224

MindFlayer

Laughing merrily as he continues towards the hoard he replies to Natsu. "Then we will work on the terms after we dealt with this particular situation." Going straight to the magical auras he detected earlier.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm okay with a re-recruitment after this particular arc. Preferences for a divine caster of some sort. Or we could just keep this a duo-game and rely more on NPC's for stuff we can't do on our own. We know that both me and dark has invested a bit in this game and we probably wont just quit.

Regarding leaving no trace. Basicly Garmine can teach you to get a level in warlock for the incantation or in a few levels create a magic thingy that does the same thing. Or he will find another way to do it.
    Last edited by Tiny; 2013-09-24 at 03:32 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Spoiler
    Show
    You can detect: Faint Divination, Faint Conjuration and 3 Faint Illusion auras.

I'll get right to posting a recruitement thread.

This sentence is false.

16. - Top - End - #226

MindFlayer

Garmine callously picks up the items he deems could be of some value in the coming confrontation and then walks back out. Looking over the things from the hoard as exits he approaches Greg with a smile playing on his lips. "You wanted to see the action and not break your wow to Natsu of being too close... I happen to have something in mind that will keep both of you happy." Nodding acknowledgement towards Natsu before continuing. "Remember when I told you of helping you hide better? Well, I found a much safer way for you to observe the encounter."

Garmine picks up a coil of rope from his pack. "Natsu? Is this the spot you wish to stand to block the blue one?" He walks over to the cave mouth and makes a few strange gestures and the rope seems to float up into the rock face above. With a wink at both Natsu and Greg he climbs it and as he reaches the top he disappears from the face of the earth. Then he suddenly appears again with a joyous smile. "I have created a dimensional pocket in which Greg may watch us deal with the blue one. The dragon can't see it if you pull the rope up after yourself and I believe Natsu can also use it to jump down and block the dragons escape after it has entered the cave. No spell or breath-based attack from the dragon can pass through the opening, but you will be able to see out of it much like looking through a window." Obviously rather pleased with himself Garmine makes a bow and makes an inviting gesture towards the rope.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast "rope trick" just realized I had this spell... It is freaking awesome! Get me cask of acid flasks or something similar and you have a near perfect ambush. ;)

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, if you think this ... plan thing will keep Greg safe. Natsu says with reluctance, not sure if he completely trusts a dimensional hole and a little bit of rope to be of much use. This is as good of a spot as any. Let's get inside.

18. - Top - End - #228

Wow. That's amazing master Garmine. Thank you wholeheartedly. But won't the dragon have some mystical abilities on his own?

This sentence is false.

19. - Top - End - #229

MindFlayer

Garmine smiles even broader. "Excellent question Master Greg. The benefits of this particular little trick is that the actual focus of the spell and the spell itself is pulled up into the dimensional pocket after you enter as it is centered on the rope. In effect the magic is also hidden away by the same shelter you yourself is hiding in. So even if a dragon utilize powerful mystic abilities I highly doubt that a dragon of that age is able to cast spells that bridges the very fabric of the multiverse. The main problem with this magic is that while it can hold up to eight persons you may only go in and out of it one at a time, but as you are not to exit it until Natsu and I are done either beating or getting eaten by this dragon well.. It will perform it's function remarkably well. "
    Last edited by Tiny; 2013-09-27 at 05:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230

That's... remarkable. Thank you for such a great opportunity.

Then, after you do perform the Rope Trick, he enters the shelter.

This sentence is false.

21. - Top - End - #231

{Trying to speed up so that the re-recruited won't have to wait for you}

(You did all hide into the Rope Trick, right? That's what I understood was the idea)

After few minutes you can see the dragon flying into the cave. He shows no sign of knowing you're here.

This sentence is false.

22. - Top - End - #232

MindFlayer

{Yes that was basically the plan I think. Going to make a better post later. }

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Natsu stiffens as the dragon swoops in, then feels his blood boil. Talk to him quickly Garmine. I'm already regretting not charging it while we have the element of surprise.

24. - Top - End - #234

MindFlayer

Garmine looks upon Natsu with a curious frown and then breaks out in his trademark smile. "Well then let us keep the element of surprise throughout the conversation Master Natsu." Garmine begins to chant and weaves invisible threads in the air around them inside the small space they occupy. Muttering under his breath "Strength of sap. Yoke of law. Evil bane. Foil the eye. Voice of serpent"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast on Garmine: Magic circle against evil,
    Magic circle against law, Barkskin, Invisibility sphere, Tongues.
    Bolded should affect everyone. Toggle warlock flight

"There.. If we follow the previous plan then come after me and block the exit of the cave. I will try to see what information I can glean from the blue one." His shadow creeps up along his back like boiling rolling mist and condenses into two draconic wings and with a nod to Natsu he exits the shelter.

Silently flying down he enters the cave by air, trying to avoid making any sound, and settles down at the side of the entrance inside of the cave.

Making a few silent invisible gestures and then he speaks.. His voice coming not from the place he is standing but from much further inside the cave and on the opposite side.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast: ventriloquism

Draconic:
    "Greetings great scaled one. I apologize for not making myself known to you as I find it a necessary but unfortunate precaution when speaking with a being of such great power such as yourself."

Spoiler
    Show
    Garmine would take ten if possible as he doesn't want to botch this roll but in case he can't.
    Edit: well I guess the dice though it didn't matter.
    Diplomacy:(1d20+31)[41]
    Last edited by Tiny; 2013-10-03 at 04:29 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235

The dragon responds, turning towards the source of the voice.

Who are you? Why are you here?

This sentence is false.

26. - Top - End - #236

MindFlayer

Keeping himself hidden Garmine answers the dragon with his disembodied voice keeping the tone both awed and pleasant. Trying to get a measure of the creature and its intentions.

"Fair questions your magnificence and I apologize again for breaking the peace in your home. May I inquire about your name your greatness, so that I may offer you the amount of respect one such as yourself deserve.. As for myself.. I am one who knows of beings that wishes you harm your grace and I am here in part to tell you that you have been robbed by these very beings. Have you heard of the cult of vecna that resides a few days travel from here?"

Observing the dragons reaction to his words from his vantagepoint the dark fey watches in anticipation.
    Last edited by Tiny; 2013-10-07 at 01:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237

I think it would be more appropriate for you, as the intruder to introduce yourself first, but know that I'm Tarquis.
    You're saying that there are some that plan to harm me and have robbed me already? How and why would they do that? Have I ever done anything against them? Additionally, what proof do you have? How do I know that you're not the one who would mean me harm, since you already are in my lair and hiding. Show yourself and then we may speak on equal terms.

This sentence is false.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Tch. Natsu looked at Greg. That invisible voice is the only thing between that stupid dragon and my wrath. But he thinks the voice is out to get him. Heh. Great. Well, sit tight, I'm sure our friend Garmine won't enjoy having to gain the bastard's trust. Maybe he will give up sooner than I thought. And even if he doesn't, I'm not very patient. Natsu whispers, just over his breath.

29. - Top - End - #239

MindFlayer

"You are correct mighty Taquis and I apologize for my lack of etiquette. I am known as Garmine. I was waiting for your magnificence to return when I happened to observe the deed as it took place and the culprit clearly had something to do with the cult. Yes, I dare say that the plan I overheard was most certainly a plan to attempt to take your life as it was mentioned that they wanted to make use of pieces of your grand armored body as crafting materials. As for what you have done they seemed to think of the mighty Taquis as more of a future threat that needed to be removed."

"Then great Tarquis I will reveal myself to you that we may continue on more favorable terms."

Spoiler
    Show

Using shield other ability of delver nar on the dragon to end the invisibility
    DC: 23 to resist

30. - Top - End - #240

That's... quite a disturbing thought. And here I had hoped that my non-interference into humans' lives would make them leave me alone.
    Where could I find these Vecnulithies?

{{OOC: Have I written the cultist's name correctly? I'm not that good english speaker}}
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2013-10-14 at 04:02 PM.

This sentence is false.