New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Trotting Dead-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XV

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    (Sorry 'bout the dely. Personal stuff. The noble names were just randomly created NPCs to use as you see fit)

Heavy Ale

He saw no point in secrecy. The truth could do no harm in a mystery case. "We are searching for a pony that matches this description. We have be contracted by her mother to find her whereabouts." A sketch of the missing young mare floated out Heavy's magic bag.
    Staccata gives a glance over of this pony. Running around with intent trying to find somepony on behalf of somepony else. She doesn't say anything yet, but doesn't trust the new mystery stallion.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Schoolhouse of No Terror
    Gak shook her head.
    "No, it's fine. Ask whatever."
    "Alright. Can we leave?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Schoolhouse of Not-Terror
    Gak looked around and nodded.
    "Yeah. I'll just contact a janitor or something later to clean this place up...gosh darn spirit made a mess of it."
    Indeed! The ectoplasm everywhere is kinda messy!
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2013-05-11 at 05:26 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Schoolhouse of Not-Terror
    Gak looked around and nodded.
    "Yeah. I'll just contact a janitor or something later to clean this place up...gosh darn spirit made a mess of it."
    Indeed! The ectoplasm everywhere is kinda messy!
    Arvadraa nods and leads the way back into the school proper quietly. Presumably, they'll meet Lemongrass out there. *cough*
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Soft put in the movie as per Gwyn's request. She turned down the lights so that it was somewhat easier to focus on the movie itself, and took a spot next to her on the couch, trying not to get too much in her way, though, she would significantly prefer just cuddling the marebeast.
    And so Gwynfillion and Soft Serve watched a ponyfied version of Megamind. The plum marebeast seemed oddly entranced by the film and its antagonist. "Ack..Epicbrain...you idiot...if you like the reporter don't be such a puntz about it..!" She yelled at the film.
    ============

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Huh. Must have zoned out." He held a hoof to his head and pinched the bridge of his nose, looking more than a little tired. "If so, then I don't think I have anything else to add."
    Gearstride hid a small smile and forced down the urge to kiss her handsome dolt colt. She would have to wait.

"Very well. Any whom, well if our business is concluded, I suppose we'll go see the mayor,"
    She said to the Captain, keeping it professional.

Heavy Ale

He saw no point in secrecy. The truth could do no harm in a mystery case. "We are searching for a pony that matches this description. We have be contracted by her mother to find her whereabouts." A sketch of the missing young mare floated out Heavy's magic bag.

"She is very worried for her daughter, and we fear the worse,"
    Aubade said sadly as she pulled out some extra fliers and handed one to Tyrol. "Please, if you hear anything, you can contact the mother or me.." She said as she then pulled out a pen and scribbled down the address she was staying at.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    And so Gwynfillion and Soft Serve watched a ponyfied version of Megamind. The plum marebeast seemed oddly entranced by the film and its antagonist. "Ack..Epicbrain...you idiot...if you like the reporter don't be such a puntz about it..!" She yelled at the film.
    ============
    "Oh? And what do you think Epicbrain should do?" Soft asked Gwyn. She Enjoyed Metropolitan Mare's hamminess, and loved the interactions between her and Epic Brain.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Oh? And what do you think Epicbrain should do?" Soft asked Gwyn. She Enjoyed Metropolitan Mare's hamminess, and loved the interactions between her and Epic Brain.
    "Well she likes him right? The 'cute' reporter? She should just claim his as hers and be done with it rather than beat around the bush...at least I think that's the phrase," Gwynfillion nickered.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Gearstride hid a small smile and forced down the urge to kiss her handsome dolt colt. She would have to wait.

"Very well. Any whom, well if our business is concluded, I suppose we'll go see the mayor,"
    She said to the Captain, keeping it professional.
    Said dolt colt was still rubbing his head sheepishly at his error, though he snapped a quick salute for the captain, before turning to follow Gearstride out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Arvadraa nods and leads the way back into the school proper quietly. Presumably, they'll meet Lemongrass out there. *cough*
    Lemongrass was indeed out there. More precisely, he nearly ran into the two of them. "Oh um, what happened? The monster just disappeared... wow you look like a mess."

(Sorry 'bout the dely. Personal stuff. The noble names were just randomly created NPCs to use as you see fit)

Heavy Ale

Tyrol squinted at the picture, racking his head for any sign of said pony. "Sorry, friend. Didn't see her on the way. Where did was she last seen? Have you reported this to the Guard?"
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-05-12 at 03:59 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

"Well, we're not in irons; I'd say that's a win." Daniel murmurs to the group after they've left.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Blueshield swiftly seized the fallen sword, but only noticed the other pony when it was too late to avoid the attack. By dodging, she was able to avoid her vital organs getting impaled, but not her wing.

Well, this is unpleasant. I won't be flying for weeks.

She turned to face her new opponent. "Understand that this means your life is forfeit." She then lashed out with her captured sword, aiming for the forehead, while keeping her own shortsword ready for parrying.
    "Mine? Try yours," the unicorn said triumphantly, parrying the blow, before retreating a step or two. "Surrender now and we'll make your end quick." He continued to hold a defensive stance, seemingly waiting for his earth pony companion to recover so that they can double team her. However, this meant Blueshield had the initiative.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-05-12 at 08:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Heavy Ale

The dark cream stallion frowned for a moment. His hooves stuffed a stack of fliers back in his bag. The lips of which seems to open and gobble up the paper on it's own. "The Guard was their hooves full with the number of missing ponies. the young mare's mother has contacted them but I could not refuse helping her find her daughter. If you see anything..."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

12. - Top - End - #72

Lemongrass was indeed out there. More precisely, he nearly ran into the two of them. "Oh um, what happened? The monster just disappeared... wow you look like a mess."
    Schoolhouse
    "Well...taking care of an angry spirit isn't sunshine and rainbows."
    Gak rubbed her face with a hoof.
    "You guys want to go get some drinks with me?"
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

She nods. "Abso-"

It was then, at this particularly convenient moment, that a certain filly charged in, horn aglow. She slides to a stop and examines the trio. "Oh, hey Brains. ...I missed everything, didn't I."

14. - Top - End - #74

Schoolhouse
    Gak gave her a blank stare.
    "Erm, and you are?"
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Schoolhouse
    "Well...taking care of an angry spirit isn't sunshine and rainbows."
    Gak rubbed her face with a hoof.
    "You guys want to go get some drinks with me?"
    Schoolhouse
    Gak gave her a blank stare.
    "Erm, and you are?"
    Lemongrass stared at the newcomer, spear sagging slightly. "What she said," he finally echoed.

Heavy Ale

The dark cream stallion frowned for a moment. His hooves stuffed a stack of fliers back in his bag. The lips of which seems to open and gobble up the paper on it's own. "The Guard was their hooves full with the number of missing ponies. the young mare's mother has contacted them but I could not refuse helping her find her daughter. If you see anything..."
    Tyrol blinked. "The Guard always looks into matters, especially such serious ones. We may be busy but we'll find time. Where do you think she is now?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa/Stellar

"Stellar." The filly says simply, pointing at Arvadraa. "I'm with her."

Arvadraa nods softly, looking slightly confused. "Why...?"

"Makin' sure you don't get yourself killed. Which, hey - mission accomplished, looks like."

17. - Top - End - #77

Tyrol blinked. "The Guard always looks into matters, especially such serious ones. We may be busy but we'll find time. Where do you think she is now?"

"Is she local or otherwise?"
    Staccata responds seemingly out of the blue. She's caught up in her roguish thoughts about what his response would imply and whether this deserves some coin to the usual contacts to find out just how untrustworthy Heavy Ale is.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, I'm not adverse..." She stops and quirks a brow. "'Ancient sorceress'?"
    "Oh, you weren't told about that? Basically, there's a several-hundred-year-old unicorn who can control earth, and she's currently working for the blacksmith. It's a bit of a long story."

"Mine? Try yours," the unicorn said triumphantly, parrying the blow, before retreating a step or two. "Surrender now and we'll make your end quick." He continued to hold a defensive stance, seemingly waiting for his earth pony companion to recover so that they can double team her.
    "I will..." Blueshield brought her original sword around to attempt another disarming. "...when the stars turn black, canine's offspring." She then slashed at the unicorn's forehead with the captured sword.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, you weren't told about that? Basically, there's a several-hundred-year-old unicorn who can control earth, and she's currently working for the blacksmith. It's a bit of a long story."
    You know that old line about how it's hard to impress someone who's seen everything? Well, that did the trick. "I've researched immortality before, but I never considered using earth magic as a support...I don't suppose you had an opportunity to quiz her?" Starbeam asks wryly.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

"She is very worried for her daughter, and we fear the worse,"
    Aubade said sadly as she pulled out some extra fliers and handed one to Tyrol. "Please, if you hear anything, you can contact the mother or me.." She said as she then pulled out a pen and scribbled down the address she was staying at.
    (Retcon ninja time.)

"Uh, sure." Tyrol absent-mindedly took one and stuffed it down into his bags. "Don't suppose you knew how she disappeared and all?"

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Staccata responds seemingly out of the blue. She's caught up in her roguish thoughts about what his response would imply and whether this deserves some coin to the usual contacts to find out just how untrustworthy Heavy Ale is.
    "I will..." Blueshield brought her original sword around to attempt another disarming. "...when the stars turn black, canine's offspring." She then slashed at the unicorn's forehead with the captured sword.
    (Again, I presume you don't intend to take his head off, since you stated you were aiming for the forehead. Correct me if I'm wrong and I'll adjust appropriately.)

The first he swiftly deflected, having expected the very same counterstroke. His lips curled up into the beginnings of a triumphant smile, his horn lighting up dangerously. "Hah, you—" whatever vindictive response he had was interrupted by a harsh whine of pain as the second sword struck true onto his helm, sending it flying. (Let's just say the unicorn wasn't wearing a full helm, unlike the earth pony, who is wearing a great helm.) The unicorn immediately stumbled backwards, one hoof going up to his face to shield it; his sword clattering to ground as the magic field faded.

"You *****," he said in disbelief, looking at her with both a hint of anger and fear. The unicorn began retreating, stumbling a little in his steps.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know that old line about how it's hard to impress someone who's seen everything? Well, that did the trick. "I've researched immortality before, but I never considered using earth magic as a support...I don't suppose you had an opportunity to quiz her?" Starbeam asks wryly.
    Night Jewel chuckled. "Oh, it was other ponies that prolonged her lifespan, not her. She was placed under a sealing spell for centuries. I guess whoever did it wanted her to keep."

(Again, I presume you don't intend to take his head off, since you stated you were aiming for the forehead. Correct me if I'm wrong and I'll adjust appropriately.)

The first he swiftly deflected, having expected the very same counterstroke. His lips curled up into the beginnings of a triumphant smile, his horn lighting up dangerously. "Hah, you—" whatever vindictive response he had was interrupted by a harsh whine of pain as the second sword struck true onto his helm, sending it flying. (Let's just say the unicorn wasn't wearing a full helm, unlike the earth pony, who is wearing a great helm.) The unicorn immediately stumbled backwards, one hoof going up to his face to shield it; his sword clattering to ground as the magic field faded.

"You *****," he said in disbelief, looking at her with both a hint of anger and fear. The unicorn began retreating, stumbling a little in his steps.
    (No worries. That was correct.)

Blueshield nodded, kicked the fallen sword aside. "I try to be honest."

She would have charged him there and then, but remembered something. Paying too much attention to one thing was his mistake, and also mine. I would do best not to repeat it.

She quickly checked for the earth pony, making sure she wouldn't be ambushed. If needed, she'd made a quick kick backwards. In any case, she advanced on the unicorn immediately afterwards.

"Your offer now applies to yourself. Will you take it?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

(No worries. That was correct.)

Blueshield nodded, kicked the fallen sword aside. "I try to be honest."

She would have charged him there and then, but remembered something. Paying too much attention to one thing was his mistake, and also mine. I would do best not to repeat it.

She quickly checked for the earth pony, making sure she wouldn't be ambushed. If needed, she'd made a quick kick backwards. In any case, she advanced on the unicorn immediately afterwards.

"Your offer now applies to yourself. Will you take it?"
    It was quite fortunate, Blueshield did so. The earth pony had recovered enough to be creeping towards the pegasus. The subsequent swift kick sent the poor guy staggering in pain again, having received the buck square in the great helm. Turned out armour, even heavy ones, wasn't really much of a deterrent against blunt force. Properly applied blunt force anyway.

The unicorn stared up at the pegasus with wide eyes, fear beginning to grip his heart. "You... you wouldn't dare! Get back." He tried a telekinetic force shove to sweep Blueshield off or possibly unbalance her, though his efforts are wild and unfocused.

23. - Top - End - #83

Arvadraa/Stellar

"Stellar." The filly says simply, pointing at Arvadraa. "I'm with her."

Arvadraa nods softly, looking slightly confused. "Why...?"

"Makin' sure you don't get yourself killed. Which, hey - mission accomplished, looks like."
    Schoolhouse -> Bar
    "Alright then. Then shall we go get drinks? I could use one."
    They could all use one after that ghoulish adventure.
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Night Jewel chuckled. "Oh, it was other ponies that prolonged her lifespan, not her. She was placed under a sealing spell for centuries. I guess whoever did it wanted her to keep."
    "Well that's...torture." She clearly meant to say something else, but her real feelings sort of...slipped out. "I hope the perpetrators faced justice." She pauses in her words momentarily. "Hm. That was a bit Moonshine-y. Though 'I hope the nags got what was comin' to 'em' is a bit more crass than I intended, so I'd rather use the former statement."

Schoolhouse -> Bar
    "Most certainly." Arvadraa levels a brief challenging look at Stellar.

"Yeah, yeah. No magic sauce for me, relax." Stellar rolls her eyes. "You grown-ups don't build your liver-filtered hallucinogenic tranquilizers for taste, anyway."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

(Retcon ninja time.)

"Uh, sure." Tyrol absent-mindedly took one and stuffed it down into his bags. "Don't suppose you knew how she disappeared and all?"
    \
    Heavy Ale avoided eye contact with the roguish mare. He called a dog over for a chin scratch. These lowered his head so he could sneak peeks at the pair.

He didn't understand why he felt the need to hide his eyes. Something deep inside him urged him to be deceptive all of a sudden. It encouraged him to avoid describing the scents of the room the colt showed them and to avoid speaking of the stallion the boy saw the mare with. "We've looking around and the last time anyone saw her was in the part of town wwhere the clouds down get moved and stays dark. You know.. near Downtown... near the clubs and discos."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

"Most certainly." Arvadraa levels a brief challenging look at Stellar.

"Yeah, yeah. No magic sauce for me, relax." Stellar rolls her eyes. "You grown-ups don't build your liver-filtered hallucinogenic tranquilizers for taste, anyway."
    Schoolhouse -> Bar
    "Drinks? Hell yes. Let's go. Ain't eveyday I get to fight a tentacle monster and walk out almost alive." Just as he begins trotting towards the entrace, the pegasus suddenly stops in mid-step. "Oh and um... could ya take this shadow armour thing off? It kinda itches." He squirmed a little.

Heavy Ale avoided eye contact with the roguish mare. He called a dog over for a chin scratch. These lowered his head so he could sneak peeks at the pair.

He didn't understand why he felt the need to hide his eyes. Something deep inside him urged him to be deceptive all of a sudden. It encouraged him to avoid describing the scents of the room the colt showed them and to avoid speaking of the stallion the boy saw the mare with. "We've looking around and the last time anyone saw her was in the part of town wwhere the clouds down get moved and stays dark. You know.. near Downtown... near the clubs and discos."
    Tyrol scratched his chin. "Downtown huh? Not exactly the best to be after evening."
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-05-14 at 08:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

"Drinks? Hell yes. Let's go. Ain't eveyday I get to fight a tentacle monster and walk out almost alive." Just as he begins trotting towards the entrace, the pegasus suddenly stops in mid-step. "Oh and um... could ya take this shadow armour thing off? It kinda itches." He squirmed a little.
    "Oh! Right, sorry." Arvadraa makes a slicing motion with her hoof, ever so casually ripping the shadowskin right off of Lemongrass. No skin or coat goes with it, of course, but having that odd feeling slide off so quickly could qualify as both relieving and incredibly disturbing.

Stellar coughs and motions are Arvadraa's own coat, which the Flutter Pony then also tears off. She rolls the combined shadowstuff into balls and tosses it over her shoulder, where it slides around for a time, getting back into the corners from which it came.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well that's...torture." She clearly meant to say something else, but her real feelings sort of...slipped out. "I hope the perpetrators faced justice." She pauses in her words momentarily. "Hm. That was a bit Moonshine-y. Though 'I hope the nags got what was comin' to 'em' is a bit more crass than I intended, so I'd rather use the former statement."
    "Does Dawnstrider telling off the ghost of one of them count?" asked Night Jewel. "Well, in any case, I wouldn't worry too much. They were mortals. They probably died within half a century."

It was quite fortunate, Blueshield did so. The earth pony had recovered enough to be creeping towards the pegasus. The subsequent swift kick sent the poor guy staggering in pain again, having received the buck square in the great helm. Turned out armour, even heavy ones, wasn't really much of a deterrent against blunt force. Properly applied blunt force anyway.

The unicorn stared up at the pegasus with wide eyes, fear beginning to grip his heart. "You... you wouldn't dare! Get back." He tried a telekinetic force shove to sweep Blueshield off or possibly unbalance her, though his efforts are wild and unfocused.
    Blueshield jumped, using her wings for an extra boost, to avoid the main force of the spell. "Believe me, you give reasons to." She then hurled her shortsword pommel-first at the unicorn's head. It seemed her death threats were a little exaggerated.

29. - Top - End - #89

Tyrol scratched his chin. "Downtown huh? Not exactly the best to be after evening."
    For her part, there... might be some awkwardness involved in resolving this situation if that location is really the last known spotting. The... previous night had shown that certain characters liked the club scene and downtown.

"And when was that?"
    Staccata asks casually, trying not to betray any reason to mention the 'v' world.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Does Dawnstrider telling off the ghost of one of them count?" asked Night Jewel. "Well, in any case, I wouldn't worry too much. They were mortals. They probably died within half a century."
    Once more with the surprise! " Zar-...Dawnstrider was there? And he only told them off? I'd have thought it more likely for him to relapse and go berserk after finding out about that."