New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The New Pirate Kings: Chapter 1

"I think it's a beatin', an it's got yer name on it!"

Troy attempts to taunt the man into attacking instead of calling for help.

"I've had it with you weakling pirates. You couldn't beat a real man in a one on one if ya tried!"

Spoiler
    Show
    It doesn't tell me what action this is, aside from talking generally being a free action. Additionally, if I need to wait until after initiative to do this stuff, here's an initiative roll (1d20+2)[7]

As for the taunt, he needs to make a Will Save DC16 or he has to concentrate all of his attention on me for the next three rounds unless someone hits him, then he can target them if he chooses.

Is there any rope or a piece of wood I could use as a sap or club or shield? If there isn't within 30ft I'm going to switch to Bloodlust Stance and... look menacing I suppose?
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"And that's really unfortunate for you because I don't believe in fighting fair when it comes to someone elses life being on the line."

Bartos takes a stance near Troy while grinning.

"Especially when the opponent wouldn't hesitate to do the same."

Spoiler
    Show
    Here is my initiative.

(1d20+4)[16]
    Last edited by Shaltenn; 2013-05-13 at 12:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bartos: 16
    Troy: (1d20+2)[15]
    Pirate: (1d20+5)[6]

The pirate grits his teeth in rage as she watches Elroy dash off into the village and finds these two blocking his pursuit. "Last warning runts. Get out of my way!" With his final threat, he draws the cutlass from his hip and points it towards you two.
    Last edited by Xepher117; 2013-05-13 at 10:02 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"I was just gonna knock you silly! Now you've gone and made this fight a lot more dangerous!"

Troy pulls out the longsword from it's sheath and advances to swing at the pirate with both hands on the grip.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I'm correct that he hasn't moved grid-wise since I attempted to grab him, I should be able to just smack him.
    My list of rolls
    Attack Roll (1d20+6)[16]
    Critical Confirm (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage (1d8+4)[12]
    Pirate's Defense Roll(Based on the roll he used before) (1d20+2)[21]
    Last edited by Batpope Scott; 2013-05-13 at 11:37 AM.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Bartos smirks to himself."Runt?" Bartos follows Troy's lead and ducks forward to try and get under his guard than sends out a quick right cross towards the Pirate.

Spoiler
    Show
    I said earlier that I got near Troy so I figure I'm in the same range.
    Attack roll (1d20+7)[21]
    Confirm Crit (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage (1d3+1)[2]
    Pirate's defense roll (1d20+2)[13]

And if I am not really in range than I'll just tumble towards him.
    Tumble roll (1d20+7)[25]
    Last edited by Shaltenn; 2013-05-13 at 12:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

The pirate grits his teeth as Bartos' punch connects with his face. As he stumbles to regain his feet from the almost unconscious punch, he tightens the grip on his sword and swings with a step towards Bartos. "That's all you are is a runt! You'll pay for that!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pirate attack: (1d20+4)[15]
    Bartos Defense: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: [roll]1d8[\roll]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+4)[19]

Damn damage roll. Doesn't matter, Bartos got a critical defense.
    Last edited by Xepher117; 2013-05-13 at 12:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Troy goes for a two handed swing at the pirate again, swearing under his breath for the previous miss.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+6)[23]
    Defense(1d20+2)[19]
    Crit Confirm(1d20+6)[15]
    Damage(1d8+4)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

With that final slash, the blade slices through the pirate, crippling him and knocking his lifeless body back on the sand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative over

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Troy stashes the longsword back in his shirt, and it's sheath, before turning to Bartos and speaking coldly. "What's our excuse? Fishman came by and cut him down?"
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Bartos let's out a sigh as he lets his body relax. He then turns towards Troy.

"Doubt they would believe it. No way to explain why we didn't get attacked." Bartos looks deep in thought for a moment. "We might be a little in over our heads in this."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

After running along the beach until he couldn't see the pirates or the other two, Elroy stopped for a little bit. He gently set the girl down on the beach, walked to the shore, ripped off a strip of cloth from his shirt, soaked it in the cool water, and placed it on the girl's forehead to help with the fever. He then picked the girl up again, positioning her in a more comfortable position than before, and headed once again in the direction where he believed the town to be.

Starting to see buildings, Elroy quickened his pace and tried to remember where the clinic was Alright, now I think it's a left here and then a right? No, maybe another left ... ah, there it is. Elroy walked into the clinic and asked "Could I get a doctor over here, because I have a girl here with a pretty high temperature and some assistance could be of use."
    Last edited by Awesomeusername; 2013-05-13 at 06:10 PM.
    Carlos Burnham - Legends of Stormcap Peak

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Troy sighed as he pulled the longsword out of his shirt and offered it to Bartos. "Take this and go after them. I think this was hers. I don't want you gettin' hurt 'cause o' this."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Bartos grabs the sword from Troy and nods.

"Don't worry about me. I'm tougher than I look.

Bartos looks down at the Pirate and gives him a light nudge with his foot.

"It might be a good idea to insure he doesn't raise an alarm. I don't like it, but he might need to be disposed of."

Bartos than takes off in the direction of the village only to turn back around to yell back at Troy "You take care of yourself. Don't get hurt either!"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll be fine. hurry before someone comes lookin fer 'im." Troy waves him off as he goes to look for a big rock that could stop something, about... say the size of a corpse, from floating while he drags the body over to the dingy to hide it temporarily.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Bartos begins to sprint towards the village as fast he can. Thoughts race through his head as the scenery passes through his field of vision.

We really caused a mess. How are we gonna make it out of this. Right as that thought entered his head though he remembered the woman they found wracked with fever. It was worth it though. Those pirates would not care what happens to another human being.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

As Elroy bust into the clinic, a small old woman looks up from her papers to hear his shouts. Dr, Jean Kandi, this old, kind lady, is the only doctor in the small village, and is loved by all for being so caring. She immediately rushes up from her chair and hurries over to one of the cots. "Yes dear, of course."

She flips the sheets and pulls them back for Elroy to lay her down, then tucks the girl in and starts examining her. "My, that is a high fever. Do you know what happened to her dear?" Dr. Jean continues her brief examination as she ask her routine questions.
    Last edited by Xepher117; 2013-05-14 at 07:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Elroy think for a moment, then says, "No clue at all really ... well, she was shipwrecked when I found her, but I don't think that would make her have a fever, and she was under the boat so at least she wasn't out in the sun."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

After a few more moment of inspections, Dr. Jean nods and looks up at you. "Good news is the fever isn't the problem. It's just a defence for the body. Bad news is that it's fighting off an infection. Quickly, I need you to run down to the general store. They should have gotten my new shipment of peroxide. I had to use the last of mine on a bar brawl last night. I'll tend to her."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Alright, and thank you." Elroy went quickly from the clinic into the general store and asked someone working there if they had received a shipment of peroxide destined for the clinic.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

The man working behind the counter nods and sets a small box on the counter for you. As you take off again, you almost crash into Bartos as you round the corner to the clinic.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"Hey watch it!! Bartos shouts out as he jumps out of the way of the person he almost ran into only to recognize him a second later. He then begins to run alongside Elroy.

Oh it's you man. Where is the woman we found? She getting treatment?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Oh, Hi there, Ya, I brought the girl to the clinic, I'm actually heading there if you would like to follow me. By the way, aren't you and ... the other one supposed to be with the pirate at the moment? Elroy then starts briskly walking back to the clinic.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Bartos follows after Elroy. "We had to take him down. It didn't take long at all. Bartos lets out a sad sigh at the mess. "Troy is back at the beach trying to hide evidence to buy us some time."

He looks around for a second to see if any pirates are around. "Did anyone see you come into town?"
    Last edited by Shaltenn; 2013-05-16 at 06:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Hmm ... not as far as I know, well unless you count the people in the store there, and the people in the clinic. Also, about the pirate, do you know if he had gotten the chest open yet? I'm sure there's got to be something interesting in there." Elroy continues on to the clinic.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"I completely forgot about that chest." Bartos looks up towards the sky in thought. He just shakes his head and continued towards the clinic with Elroy.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

As the two of you rush back into the clinic, you see Dr. Jean dashing around and gathering a small tray full of stuff that she sets down beside the young woman's bed. Her sheets are pulled right up to her chin, and what appears as the remainder of her torn and tattered clothes are laid over a nearby chair.

Dr. Jean looks up towards you as the bell on the door chimes. "Oh thank goodness you're back." She quickly walks over to you, taking the box and setting it on the counter taking a bottle. She then rushes back to the woman and draws the curtain all the way around the bed, blocking her from your sight.

"She has a pretty bad injury across her lower ribs. It's become quite infected, which caused the fever." she says towards you through the curtain. "It seems to be a few days old, maybe even a week."

You can then hear the hesitation in her voice as she ask you both "Did any one see you bringing her here?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"The only person I know of that might have caused a problem was taking care of at the beach." Bartos says while looking around. Spotting a chair he takes a second to sit down and lets out a small sigh.

"So how close was it Doc? I don't know anything about medicine but a week with an untreated injury and infection can not be easy to survive.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

"It always looks worse then it is. The infection is bad, but it would likely take a few more days before it killed her. She should make a full recovery."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"That's good to hear. I don't regret doing it but I'm glad we didn't risk the pirates' wrath for someone who was a goner."

Bartos takes a long look in the direction where the patient is behind the curtain before turning towards Elroy.

"Well what do you think we should do now? Even with our pirate watchdog taken out, it won't be too long before the others realize he's missing."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Elroy responds to Bartos, "I think that, for the moment, we should go back to the beach to see how things are shaping up there. The girl should be fine here and I'm wondering about that chest."