New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: (Nexus): A Crack in Time Plot Thread

Ellyri nods in agreement, and walks over to the tree.

The adrenaline wearing down, Ellyri begins to feel quite a bit of pain in her ankle where the cat scratched her. She curses herself for being so easily distracted and tries to remember if they'd seen any water nearby where she might wash her wound. She'd hate to get an infection so early in their quest!

Would it be too much to try and find some water first? One of them got my ankle... I can only imagine what kinds of diseases these things might be carrying... There might be some herbs around here to help with healing, though I can't be sure seeing as this land is foreign too me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Path to Homestead, Giant's Cradle

The old man will slowly climb down the tree! Before landing on the ground and brushing himself off. He's kind of a surly old guy, but is appreciative of the parties effort to help him. He adjusts his overalls and farmer's straw hat before speaking. Thank you, strangers... I would've been up there for hours... You're very kind. My name's Ergan. Ergan Brown, yours? Oh.. Li'l elfy. If yer hurt I can lead you t' Doctor. He's at Homestead, which is only ten minutes away... How's about one of you carry her?

Does the party walk to Homestead?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Aric nods to Ergan and smiles, he then turns to Ellyri and offers to carry her. Assuming everything is in order, Aric will follow the Farmer.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Aric nods to Ergan and smiles, he then turns to Ellyri and offers to carry her. Assuming everything is in order, Aric will follow the Farmer.
    Felandria turns to Aric.

Actually, sir, if you'll allow me.

You need your hands free for your weapon and shield, and my abilities make me more suited to help her.

She goes to her knees next to Ellyri.

Hop on my back and hold on.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #35
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri agrees with Felandria and thanks her as she timidly climbs onto her back. As much as she dislikes her feet being off of solid ground, she's grateful that she won't have to walk on her hurting ankle. What good luck that there's a doctor only a few minutes' walk away!

My name is Ellyri. Nice to meet you, sir. Mr. Brown... What is Homestead like? Ellyri asks, curious and mildly nervous, remembering the vision of that great tower...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Homestead

It's a very easy walk up to the town of Homestead, only about ten minutes, and it's still very nice out. While Ellyri might not be very comfortable, the other two should be alright. Farmer Egard walks faster than most of his age, and keeps up pretty well. He walks and merely replies to Ellyri's question with a gruff You'll see soon enough, just a small, humble, if scared, town.

Two men stand outside Homestead, both in matching clothing composed of wide-brimmed hats to protect them from the sun, dark brown shirts and coats, sand-colored trousers, and big grey boots. They each carry a blunderbuss. The older looking one speaks. Howdy there. I'm Sheriff Stoker, I'd say you folks were lucky to get into town alive. Welcome to Homestead, I'm afraid you've caught us at a bad time... The animals have been going crazy... Mr. Brown? What are you doing?

Egard grumbles and speaks. I was chased out of m' farm by some wild animals, looked like tiny lions or some such. Why the hell are the animals actin' all aggressive?

The Sheriff replies quickly. Damned if I know. Seems like this island is cursed recently. First the mine closes down due to some freak accident, and now this. The animals we can hold back pretty easily, but there is nothing we can do to stop the Grundlekrunk.

Egard speaks again. Er... These people don't know much about no Grundlekrunk. They're hermit people, they live by The Sheltered Glade, I've never seen 'em anywhere. Tell 'em 'bout that thing.

The younger man now speaks. I'm Officer Daemond Hicks. See, The Grundlekrunk was an old wives tale that farmer's used to blame for missing cattle, but the past few nights something has been coming in from the plains and taking people away in the dark... I've seen the beast, as tall as a house, arms like tree trunks and a shape that flows like midnight shadow...If I've seen it, then it's real, and it has townsfolk all about the island scared. Not just here, but the bigger town called Giant's Toe, at the base of Giant's Top Island are scared as well, they're not letting anyone in 'till it's been killed... Plus, something odd's being going on at the Mountain, we've seen lights at night...

If we could leave this island we could, believe me... Unfortunately, the only way off the island is from the aeroport atop Giant's Top Mountain. You'd need to book passage off of Giant's Toe, down in the valley, but they're spooked by the Grundlekrunk too, and legend says the beast is a shape-shifter, and they are letting no one in past the town walls until they are certain it is safe. You're welcome to stay here, until it's killed... But hey, you look like some folks who know what they're doing, maybe you'd like to head out and try and slay the thing? If you're wanting to head out on some foolish quest, go see Elaine Thomas at the Village Suppliers to get tooled up first. And... oh, you look hurt! Um, come here...
    He'll move to Ellyri, and attempt to touch her wound. If he is allowed to, she'll find her wound is healed! My father was the town healer, a cleric... He's disappeared for a while... Might be still out there... But anyway, there you go. Good day folks.

Farmer Egard will walk into town and move into the Town Square, leaving the party without a word of thanks. Nice. The two guards move aside, and let the party pass.

(I'm going to put locations here, and the party can choose which place to go!)

Town Square

Elaine Thomas' Village Suppliers

End of Town
    '

The town is small, and there isn't anywhere else to go to, there's just homes and a small inn, which is closed.

7. - Top - End - #37

Aric raises no fuss at Felandria's reasoning and enjoys the brief walk.
    When they arrive at the town he looks around, taking note of everything, especially the words of the Sheriff. Aric smiles when the Sheriff heals Ellyri; please but unsurprised. He's seen many things in his few years...
    He'll suggest that they go to the Town Square first, to get a feel for the town.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

After Ellyri grabs hold, Felandria stands up and makes herself bigger until Aric is about knee high to her, allowing her to easily carry Ellyri and keep an eye out for distant threats.

Luckily, the walk is uneventful and she reverts to human size when they get to the sheriff.

She agrees that the Town Square is the best place to start.

9. - Top - End - #39
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri was more comfortable upon the giantess' back than she anticipated, mostly because she had a clear, far view of the land around her. Though she was more than happy to have her feet back on the solid earth when they reached Homestead. The cleric's son healed her quickly and with ease, his healing abilities far exceeding any she'd seen before. She was interested in the tales and supposed sightings of the Grundlekrunk, but agreed that they should first get settled and learn more about the place before going out on a quest to kill this creature.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Homestead

So, the group walks towards the Town Square, and once they arrive they'll see a few things., They're's a man with a cart full of old wooden figurines, and a group of children surround him, laughing happily and looking at the toys. They're's a fruit stand with a woman selling all kinds of fruits, apples, oranges, even a watermelon.

A group of men and woman look up at an odd man on a crate, smiling and winking at his audience as he speaks. He stands on the crate as if he owns the entire town, in his classic bright yellow Coat of Useless Items, he makes quite an appearance. He strokes his awesome stache as he moves his arms in animated discussion. The foppish forty year old rogue is... Odd. He has a large gold front tooth which gleams out among perfect pearly teeth. He wears white satin gloves, and his shirt and pants are a blue silk. Unfortunately for all, his silk shirt goes down way too far, revealing a flabby, hairy chest. He smells like dapper perfume, as if he bathed in it for some reason.

His belt is yellow as well, with a golden buckle. A fancy purple "R" is carved into the buckle, he's obviously quite vain. His pants lead to purple boots with glittery ends. Wait... Glittery ends?! Yes... The point of his shoes are purple, glittery, and magical. At his belt, hidden in his coat is that nasty looking short sword. His main weapon, is a golden rapier with a beautiful crafted sterling silver handle, tied in full view at his waist.

He speaks in an odd bright tone. And as the beast roared, my companion ran away from the Great Cyrstal Lizard! but I held my ground, I valiantly aimed my rifle, and as it charged me, ferocity and evil in it's eyes, I shot! Straight into it's mouth, killing the beast! I... Hey... Who are you three? More rookies looking to play hero, huh? I appreciate your offer but the Legendary Rick Brutal works...alone. I don't need a bunch of amateurs cramping my style. No offense.... But hey, elfy... You look nice, howsabout we spend some time alone... if you know what I mean, heh. He winks and makes a creepy "grope" movement into the air.

11. - Top - End - #41

Homestead ~ Town Center

Aric takes mental snapshots of the Square, he also looks upon Rick Brutal...
    His reaction would have been to simply ignore him, but after the dirty minded, old man's "offer"...Oi! We have no desire to work with you, nor do I believe a word you've spoken of your heroic deeds. Also, we are on a quest to slay the Grundlekrunk. At this point he takes three, large steps towards the man, brandishing his spear; the blade glows right in the sunlight, making it difficult to look upon directly...
    If I hear such crass comments directed towards either of my comrades again...you'll need the Sheriff to heal you until next winter... This behavior is a 180 compared to the attitude he's shown thus far. If Rick Brutal looks him eye-to-eye he'll see a deep sadness dwelling within, and the intent to kill.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria gently puts a hand on Aric's shoulder.

Please, Aric, don't get yourself in trouble with the law on his account or mine.

I can take care of the braggart myself.

Felandria looks Brutal directly in the eye, holding his gaze.

Sir, you appear to have mistaken me for so done with no self respect, as someone with no regard for themselves as a person would even briefly consider such an offer, and if you actually believe for one second I would hear your crude proposal and fall into your arms, you are even more deluded than your absurd tales lead me to believe, so why don't you take your crude fictions and your cruder personality and inflict yourself on a group of people who will believe your pathetic tales, as though you could ever find one.

At which point Brutal would find himself looking straight up in the air as she looms twenty feet above him.

((Hopefully that wasn't too much, But that's how she would react to such a lecherous creep))
    Last edited by Felandria; 2013-05-31 at 03:45 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Surprised by both Aric and Felandria's reaction, Ellyri ignores the revolting man(if you can really call him a man)'s comment and tries instead to calm them down. Aside from nearly falling over from the too strong smell of Rick and her eye twitching slightly at his invitation, Ellyri seems unaffected by his presence. She's learned to ignore people who behave in such a manner and thinks that the prince and a now towering Felandria should do the same.

Aric, Felandria, we have no business here. There's no sense in meddling with a man who lacks sense altogether. We have a mission we must attend to.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Town Square-Rick Brutal

Rick frowns as he looks over at Aric and Felandria. Hey...look, I meant no harm, m'kay? I was merely being kind and offering good company. Very good company, right? He winks at a few female audience members who swoon and nod in awe, and Rick also winks at... one of the men? Okay. The crowd is glaring at Felandria, Aric, and Ellyri, some even booing. One of the audience members, a young woman speaks. This man saves people! He's rescued and saved countless towns, helped countless people! Perhaps you just don't understand... Boo! Boo! Go away, this man will save us! The crowd shouts "Yeah! Woohoo! Go Rick!"

Rick nods and will then continue his stories about killing The Great Crystal Dragon. The group will be free to go.

Which only leaves Elaine Thomas.

She actually sees the group by Rick and waves. Should the party come closer, she speaks. Well, howdy strangers! It's always good to see some folks who can handle themselves about here. It's very comforting. 'Fraid with the roads closed...I've not much to offer,
    but my prices are fair. Here.

She offers an old pre-war Blunderbuss, which is probably new to the party. A rifle, very rare... New invention, very, very new. I have a few bullets for ya, but not too many. There's about a 40 percent chance of missfiring, but it deals more damage than a bow, and shoots farther distances. 25 gold pieces.

I also have two Quilted Farmer's Armor. These things are made of Bontha Hide and leather, very strong, durable stuff. Farmer's war these to tame Bontha's, a kind of horned bovine native here. The Bontha is famous for goring Farmer's, so the armor is a must-have. Fifteen gold pieces each.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-05-31 at 03:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Aric turns away from Rick in disgust. He also shows no real interest in the seller's wares, but still gives an easy smile.
    What would he see as he looks around?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria takes a deep breath, calms herself, and returns to human size.

She occasionally had these lapses in self control, perhaps it was the blood of Zeus that now ran through her veins ever since her true self was awakened.

After regaining her composure, she joins the others at the merchant's table, where she finds nothing she needs.

17. - Top - End - #47
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri walks with the group over to Elaine and admires the modern rifle,, though she refuses to buy the gun. Besides being nearly dirt poor, she's always fought using a bow and doesn't want that to change. She politely declines the kind lady's weapon and armor.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Homestead-Around

There's hardly anything here. There's a small general store selling pottery, latching wares, farming tools... There's a butcher, and a very nice looking stall can be seen. There's a big sign stuck in front of it with the logo "Frontier Industries" in big bold navy lettering, with the words in chrome underneath it, "Paving the way to the FUTURE!" The logo is a fancy /F and it shows a man smiling underneath the chrome lettering.

A man in a black pin-striped business suit frowns and taps the table quickly. He's older, in his forties, but with a face aged by stress. He has some papers on the desk he's filling out, and he's grimacing and muttering. Damn cold. I shouldn't be stuck doing this grimy, nasty work. It was only six weeks she said, it'll be like a vacation she said, YOU'LL ENJOY IT SHE SAID. Lying hag. Assigning me this damn job. **** it's hot. I hate this. No air conditioning on this stupid island. Not even a bloody electric heater. Ignorant county bumpkins.

Stupid people. It's not even Winter here yet, and it's cold. Been eight weeks and I can't leave this gods forsaken place. I hope the Grindlplug kills them all in their sleep, so I won't have to come here next season. Grendelcrunk... ****. How did that Sheriff say it? Gruh-ndle-krunk. Grundlekrunk. Whatever.
    He's signing property to the islanders, but notices you all hear him. Er.... Sorry... I'm Mr. Grime's.

19. - Top - End - #49

Homestead ~ Eavesdropping

Aric listens intently to every word. When the man acknowledges their existence he steps forward in a nonthreatening manner and asks him what Frontier Industries does.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria joins Aric to find out what he's muttering about.

21. - Top - End - #51
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri messes with the rip in her stocking (caused by the vicious cats on the way into town), as she waits for the man in the suit to notice them. When he finally does and introduces himself as Mr. Grimes, Aric kindly asks about Frontier Industries and Ellyri listens intently.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Eavesdropping-Homestead

Mr. Grimes frowns and sighs deeply. [COLOR="SlateGray"]Sorry about that... Frontier Industries is a... Hm... [/COLOR. He picks up a flyer standing beside it, clears his throat, and reads. "Frontier Industries is a mega corporation, the result of the combination of Wing Omnicron Weapons Technology, Clarke Towers Funding, and Sabre Electricity Research. This bright new corporation is leading the way to the future, for the advancement of science!"

Giant's Cradle is property of Frontier Industries, it's our land the people mine. I hand out properties and manage the shipping off the island... Of course, just my luck, nothing's allowed to leave due to The Grundlekrunk, and something weird happening at the mountain...

23. - Top - End - #53

Homestead ~Horrid Puns Ahead

Aric cracks a grin, Forgive me if I say that first bit sounded a bit...scripted. Really Aric? Really?
    Anyways, It's our goal to kill this "Grundlekrunk" and make the lands safe once more. Rest assured, we are a highly coordinated group of adventures with years of experience working as a group...now if there's anything you can tell us about this island, please do...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Homestead ~Horrid Puns Ahead

Aric cracks a grin, Forgive me if I say that first bit sounded a bit...scripted. Really Aric? Really?
    Anyways, It's our goal to kill this "Grundlekrunk" and make the lands safe once more. Rest assured, we are a highly coordinated group of adventures with years of experience working as a group...now if there's anything you can tell us about this island, please do...
    Felandria looks puzzled at Aric's statement, but just smiles and nods, knowing better than to interfere with a bluff.

25. - Top - End - #55
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

The same look of puzzlement that flashed across Felandria's face crosses Ellyri's too, but she quickly forgets about the false statement, curious to hear about the island and maybe learn some more about the animals there, including the Grundlekrunk.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Homestead-Mr. Grimes

Mr. Grimes blinks three times before taking off his glasses and facepalming at Aric's words. ...You're not the smart one of the group, are ya? He then speaks. You're after the Grundlekrunk, eh? Good, perhaps ye'll help us with our troubles. The island? It's fairly small, mostly miners and farmers... He takes out a cell phone! Another odd device that the PC's won't be familiar with, and types as he speaks. It's usually quite warm around here, but seeing as Winter is almost underway, it's began to snow...

I hate this damn cold. I want to be by my heater, in a blanket... watching television. Maybe with a nice, hot, steaming mug of cocoa.
    After a big sigh, he continues to speak in his bored tone. The animals are usually quite docile... We have wildcats around here, pygmy panthers. Miniature panthers, and even cheetahs. There's also some... odder creatures around. Before Frontier became the richest company of the world, experiments were performed here by the Wing Omnicron Weapons Manufacturers. There's a bit of radiation left around here... so about every sixth villager has an odd sixth toe or something.

It's harmless now, but a while ago it created a few... odd animal hybrids and such. We mine for gold, silver, and crystals on the island. All the precious metals are then flown off the island. Ships don't ever leave the island, the rocks around Giant's Cradle are brutal, and I don't think anyone's ever made it past six miles offshore... Aaaanyways, Giant's Toe is the bigger town at the foot of Giant's Top Mountain. They're not letting anyone in 'till the Grundlekrunk is dead. So, I'd be headin' there first. Here's a map.
    He hands the party a map to the abandoned mine about ten miles left of the town, through Hailey's Glen. He finishes his text and sends it, before putting the phone back in his pocket.

27. - Top - End - #57

Homestead ~ Mr. Grinch

Aric takes the jibe well, not in the least bit offended, chuckling as he listens to the man.
    he has seen something similar to a phone before, but he didn't know what it was for exactly.
    Most of what he takes away is that the person before them is grouchy and whiny...and they need to visit the Toe...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria nodded to the man and examined the map.

We should get going, if we're going to get back to where we belong, we can't waste time.

29. - Top - End - #59
    FishKiller
    Guest in the Playground

Ellyri started to ask what Mr. Grimes was fiddling with, but decided that she'd rather not listen to his grouchy response. Besides, it didn't seem to do any harm and Aric and Felandria didn't seem concerned by the advanced technology.

You're absolutely right. Let's head out. Thank you for your help, sir.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Homestead-On the Road Again

Mr. Grimes rolls his eyes as they leave, and when they're gone glances over the text. It's me, Seymour. There are some strangers in town... Just kinda appeared out of nowhere. They don't look like hermits... Two women, one man. I didn't see The Escaped Spirit with them. They appear to want passage off the island. he receives a reply from a mysterious number.

Hello again Mr. Grimes. It's Angelina. Thank you for the information, now you ought forget about all of this. Delete these messages as well. Seymour Grimes raises an eyebrow, and deletes the messages, frowning at the group as the leave.

----

So, the party is off! They're leaving the bright, if humble and slightly scared town when the wind picks up a bit. Must be that storm getting closer. Anyway, it's still a beautiful, if brisk, day. The Sun is out, though it's cold, and the sky is a whitish color. The trees are losing leaves, and so brightly colored leaves fly through the air. It's... Kinda comforting. They walk towards Hailey's Glen! Maybe they wonder why no one has noticed The Spirit but them yet?

---

As the Party Leaves

Rick Brutal has stopped talking during the time the party was leaving him to talk to Mr. Grime's. He's creepily watching them but is hiding in the shadows between a house, and wearing shades, (Those shades are badass), and so goes unnoticed. He's watching them walk away now and thinks to himself. Mm.... Just look at that elf chick walk... Wow... She got a nice ass there... Perfect shape. Mhmm... I'd sheath my rapier in that. Hehe. Hey, wait. Stop. I have a job here! he walks back into the shades, his destination unknown.

----

Hailey's Glen

Alright, well. The party advances forth following the map given to them by the surly Mr. Grimes. The map leads them to a glen. For those who don't know, a glen is a narrow valley. The valley is... Uninteresting. How strange. Well, there are a few trees and such... How nice! There's even a stream trickling through the glen. Oh... The group will advance further into the glen until... They notice a deer, brutally devoured, bits everywhere, it's rotting carcass dripping into the water supply. It's missing everything from it's two front legs to it's head. Leaving only the back legs and body.

How disgusting. Well, does the party investigate?
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-06-07 at 12:41 AM.