I look around the tavern and try to find Senbi

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Forgotten Saga

Kuzon Only

Spoiler
    Show
    You spot Senbi sitting at a round table about half way into the establishment. He also seems to be halfway through a 4 meal course, and in discussion with Tahiyo Chen.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I walk over to the table.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I bow back at the man lower than he bowed to me to show respect of his age. Your first assumption is correct. My name is Yoriyoshi Okura. I have been traveling for some time and was fortunate enough to have been given a place to lay my head at night at a few shinto temples. Out of respect, I learned how to enter a shinto temple, because i find it a calm place to meditate. ( as far as being comfortable is concerned: I mean that in some way I can easily relate to shintism. It may have been a belief of one of my former lives but am unsure since I have only kept some skills and knowledge gained from those lives and not details about the lives themselves) in order to maintain my own inner peace, others inner peace who have come to pray to their ancestors as well as the spirits peace I enter the temple in the same way that followers of Shinto do. Additionally, even the spirits should try to maintain and inner peace and are part of the world helping to create a harmony and balance. Now to answer your question: Originally, I am from a temple far from here and had a vision while meditating that in order for me to receive enlightenment I must travel to other places. I talked about it with, Senzaki the head of the temple of which I was ordained and he told me to follow it. Then about a week ago I had a vision of a giant dark serpent with white eyes, wrapped itself around the temple in Kounuma, crushing it while breathing fire down upon its roof, so i am traveling there to gather more information about it. How about yourself (said in a friendly tone of somone generaly interested in getting to know this man) Is it safe to say that you are a follower of Siddharthism, because I do not want to assume anything?
    Last edited by pet007; 2013-08-07 at 01:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Kuzon only
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you approach the table Tahiyo turns in your direction. Senbi introduces, "This is Kuzon, he still has much to learn but is more than capable to function as your ecourt in addition to myself." He pauses for a second before adding. "His mentor was Iroh."
    Tahiyo interpreting that last remark speaks "Ah, Iroh of the gray blade. A fine knight of the order he was. Well, if you trained under him, then I certainly shalnt have to worry about my safety. He was my gaurden on journeys into very dangerous places and tense situations and always proved vailiant both with sword and word. I'm sure you follow in his footsteps. Come finish the meal with us, we will plan out a route and be on our way before noon."

Yoriyoshi only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Such wisdom. Why do you think it was revealed that you must travel to obtain enlightenment? Why a physical journey as a companion for the spiritual? The vision of the white-eyed serpent is troubling you should tred lightly. Remember a snake can sense its prey before the prey even knows it has been spotted.

I am but an old man, who has studied both Siddharthism and the ways of the kami for some time now. It is wise of you not to assume, and to not let your senses interfere with your judgment. You should hurry though. I myself had a vision of a young blue skinned man wrestling with that very snake, and came here to dwell on it. Make haste to Kounuma. But do not forget the three horses, for they may lead you to enlightenment.

After finishing his sentence, the old man walks out of the prayer room.

6. - Top - End - #36

ElfWarriorGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    After hearing that man I also get up and walk outside and judge what time it is
    Last edited by pet007; 2013-08-11 at 10:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    I say "hello" then sit down look at Senbi and say "I was talking to Yoriyoshi he was wondering when we would start our mission, he is going to be or is at the local temple so I know where to find him" I continue "after we are done discussing our route I will go and tell him."

I look at Tahiyo and say "It is a honor to be compared to Iroh, and I am grateful that you think I might someday be like him"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Yoriyoshi only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a survival check

Kuson only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Senbi lets out a meditative. "Hmmmm, hopefully he does not keep running off. We will make our plans, then maybe have another meal", he shoots Tahiyo Chen a slight glance as we says this, while you go to the temple and get him. "We will rendevue outside and be on our way".

Tahiyo Chen: "So to business."

Senbi: "Kounouma is a three day ride from here in a forested area, to the west is Kounouma woods, and there is a trade road that could take us along it's boarder. However, we could be ambushed. I am not sure what Izo RyuShin is trying to get at by stopping anyone from leaving, but that is where your negotiation skills will come in hand Chen.

Tahiyo Chen: No doubt he is trying to bid for more favorable trade as he has done in the past. Kounouma, while not a major trade hub is along the major trade road coming into Kygoshima.
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2013-08-12 at 10:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

ElfWarriorGuy

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    survival check: [roll]1d20+2

10. - Top - End - #40

ElfWarriorGuy

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to take 20 on the roll
    Last edited by pet007; 2013-08-14 at 02:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I ask "so this Izo RyuShin is the leader of Kounouma?"
    Last edited by Izzard; 2013-08-15 at 09:15 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Kuzon only

Spoiler
    Show
    Tahiyo Chen turns to you and says, "Yes. Izo Ryu Shin, the current lord, inherited that land after his grandfather, Ryu Shin one of the first daimyos , passed away. The latter was givin that land from the shogun after war for serving as one of his most fearless generals. Izo, is strong willed like his grandfather, but has been known to press his people into service through force as opposed to charisma. He has also been known to stimulate tension to get benefits for his fiefdom.

Yoriyoshi Only

Spoiler
    Show
    You determine that it is about 11 am. You have probably been at the temple for 3hrs

13. - Top - End - #43

ElfWarriorGuy

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I proceed to go back to the bar and am going wait until Senbi and Kuzon come out of the bar, or wait until I see someone go in and ask them to get Kuzon for me.
    Last edited by pet007; 2013-08-26 at 10:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I nod and say "I greatly disprove of his ways of ruling, I hope he is doing whatever it is he is doing for a good reason."
    Last edited by Izzard; 2013-08-30 at 09:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Kuzon only

Spoiler
    Show
    Well that is exactly what we are going to find out. It is close to mid day now. I say we get what supplies we need and head out.

In that case we can start our journey now, Kuzon and I already have our horses, rations, and gear, we can depart as soon as you pay the bill

I see, having someone else pay your tab again eh Senbi, Tahiyo says with a chuckle

Tahiyo parts from the table and heads toward the main bar, while he is gone Senbi shoots you a sharp glance. We will have to watch Chen closely. He is very skilled with words, but the opposite with the sword, if we are attacked he will not be of much help in combat.

As senbi finishes his sentence, Tahiyo returns. Alright lets get going I'd like to make a decent leg before nightfall. We cannot wait for the monk. He knows where we are heading and can catch up.

As you three saddle up your horses, you notice Yoriyoshi walking towards you.

Yoriyoshi only

Spoiler
    Show
    As you near the bar, you see Kuzon and two others saddling up their horses.
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2013-08-31 at 09:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

ElfWarriorGuy

Ah Gentlemen, glad to see you again. we must leave as soon as possible for our destination and travel with haste, but we must also keep our wits about us. I feel we may run into danger once there and need to keep a sharp mind in order to avoid any mishap.

Spoiler
    Show
    how many horses does the party have? (please respond in a spoiler)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

"it is good to see you YoriYoshi, I share your feelings, but I have confidence that we will be able to defeat anyone who would oppose us" "we were just about leave to leave,our mission, if you do not know, is to guide and protect Chen here,I point to Chen as I say this to the city of Kounouma so he can met with it's leader Izo Ryu Shin."

Spoiler
    Show
    three

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Senbi adds to the conversation, "What Kuzon says in his excitment is true, we were just about to depart. It is a three days travel on horseback......speaking of, do you have a horse? If not jump on the back of Kuzon's and we will be on our way."

19. - Top - End - #49

ElfWarriorGuy

I get on the back of Kuzon's horse

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I look around and then ask "Are we ready to move out?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Yes. I believe so. I will take the lead, Chen you follow and Senbi and.....Yoriyoshi was it? You follow. We can ride side by side until we are about half a days travel from the city, after that we should follow this order.

With that Senbi leads his horse out of the pen area and started riding toward the west gate of the city. At first travel is slow due to the dense crowds, especially at the western gate. After exiting the city you spend the first hours of traveling passing vacant rice fields and orchards (the growing season and harvesting season have passed), but as you turn north the trees begin to become more dense.

The air is bitter and a breeze picks up, it will be a cold night.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is november 26th in the game.
    I need 10 fortitude checks from each of you, may add a circumstantial +2 to each roll, but must pay a one time fee of 12gp [if you do this add a cold weather cloak to your gear as this represents you buying one before leaving the city)

Also Pat I cannot view your character sheet, make sure it is public so that I may view it, otherwise I need your mythweaver account information)

22. - Top - End - #52

ElfWarriorGuy

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    ok just did. Also no coat for me.

fort:
    1)(1d20+5)[24]
    2)(1d20+5)[18]
    3)(1d20+5)[10]
    4)(1d20+5)[8]
    5)(1d20+5)[22]
    6)(1d20+5)[11]
    7)(1d20+5)[19]
    8)(1d20+5)[25]
    9)(1d20+5)[9]
    10)(1d20+5)[15]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I will not have a coat

1:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    2:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    3:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    4:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    5:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    6:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    7:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    8:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    9:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    10:[roll] 1d20+5[/roll]
    Last edited by Izzard; 2013-09-12 at 11:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I will not use coat

Fortitude rolls
    1.(1d20+5)[13]
    2.(1d20+5)[19]
    3.(1d20+5)[17]
    4.(1d20+5)[25]
    5.(1d20+5)[9]
    6.(1d20+5)[18]
    7.(1d20+5)[17]
    8.(1d20+5)[14]
    9.(1d20+5)[14]
    10.(1d20+5)[10]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Both of you

As you travel you feel the air around you become colder and colder. Biting into at your flesh and eventually sinking into your bones. You awake think blankets covering your body and a roaring fire going on.

Senbi, it seems they are awake.

Hmmm... don't move either of you." Senbi says gruffly, " The cold got to ya. You should either toughen up or have bought some cold weather garments. Night is almost on us and it will be even more frigid. Just try to rest up and not hold us back any longer. With that he stomps off presumably to collect more firewood.

You know it was foolish of you two not to get some cold weather garments. Here this should help you warm up as well Tahiyo says as he hands each of you a bowl of warm stew.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    You each have non-lethal damage equal to your max hit points. This damage heals at the rate of 1 hitpoint per level per hour (so right now 1hp/hr). You are also fatigued

A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.

Last edited by Kamakiri; 2013-09-12 at 09:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I take the soup and say "thanks," I would have gotten a cloak but I did not have the money".

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I looked at my character and saw that I had no gold, that is the reason why I did not get a cold weather cloak.

27. - Top - End - #57

ElfWarriorGuy

Thank you very much for the soup as I take it and eat it. money is not everything I have never owned money my entire life. in fact I have never owned anything due to my beliefs. everything that I wear and eat are all given to me so that the person that gave it does good in there attempt to reach enlightenment and nirvana (I say this in a way that has no motive behind it other that just conversation, in other words I am not hinting at anyone in the party to buy me a coat)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Tahiyo listens as he hands out the soup. "ahh, I see so you are follower of Siddharthism. A very noble path in life if I may say so, to lay aside all earthly things that are unnecessary. Unfortunatly my soul does not posses that degree of fortituded, I do so enjoy a fine robe. The only thing I have never understood about Siddharthism is where they stand on hard work and working with others. (He says this in a very matter of fact way, in no way intending criticism."

Although it still would have been wise to acquire one before we departed. And the same for you Kuzon, I know for sure the order has some for members departing on long journies, that is where Senbi got his from, but I can understand, you were eager and excited to get moving."

Senbi comes back to the camp and takes Kuzon's bowl when it is empty, filling it up and eating his own helping from it. We don't have time to go back to Kyugoshima so you two will have to stick it out. You can have my coat Kuzon. I am a bit more use to this hard weather.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I say "thank you Senbi" and then turn to YoriYoshi and say "I have never heard of Siddharthism, if we have time maybe you called tell me more about it, it sounds very simplistic, but in a good way."(I say this in a way so that it does not sound like an insult.)

30. - Top - End - #60

ElfWarriorGuy

Yes it is and I woudl love to share it with you at some point when we both have a clear mind you fully understand. The cold has got to both of us and we should focus on warming up, as focusing our minds so we can bear the elements until we get to a place were we can focus solely on the subject.

OOC/dm
    Spoiler
    Show
    based on looking at the sun what time of day is it?