New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 7

@Erethiel: The merchant looks t the amulet.

"Hmmm... it is dented, you know. The runes are nice, yes, but...no. I cannot take it unless it is fixed first...something I can do rather well, mater of factly."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Hm... you are not going to move from that price, are you. Worth a shot, I suppose. 50 thousand then, for the broken amulet."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

"I might take leave to purchase a few items of magic soon... It's at the magical academy where I can seek them, right? But first... What has happened in the past week? I saw there is a circus in town..." Clover asked Jace as she drew a handful of grapes from her pocket. "Oh, where are my manners. Would you like some?" Clover said and pulled out a bowl of grapes, offering some to Jace and Xander.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: The merchant laughs.

"No no no, you misunderstand. You pay fifty thousand. I fix the amulet for you. Then, we renegotiate and see if it is worth buying."

@Clover: Jace watches with a smile as you pop out the grapes and start gobbling them down.

"I'm fine, Clover. I just had some myself. As to magic items, yes. The Academy offers a healthy amount of items. Be wary, though- if you decide to purchase something...dangerous. They'll have you filing paperwork until sundown. Of course, what is a dangerous item depends on Connor's view, so be unpleasantly surprised."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Clover puts the bowl back in her pocket and gulps down a few more grapes. "Thanks for the heads up. As for any recent news?"
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

6. - Top - End - #276

GreenSorcererElf

Erethiel simply stares at the merchant, knowing that the he is being foolish. As she speaks, her hands move, seeming to emphasize her arguments.
    "Now, don't be foolish. The amulet, as is, is functional. It may have additional powers that are broken, but any risks to be taken in repairing any missing powers would be born by you, as the owner. Now, I can let it from my fingers for a mere eighty thousand, and, combined with your repairs, I am sure that a skilled trader such as yourself could easily sell it for one hundred and fifty thousand gold. Sadly, I have not the time to make repairs to such an item, but you, of course know people."

(1d20+25)[28] diplomacy
    (1d20+53)[61](glibness)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2013-06-12 at 02:05 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xander, still struggling to come to terms with, in his eyes, Dantie's needless sacrifice, finds himself at a loss for words as Jace asks about Dantie, once Erethiel explains to Father Jace, Xander turns and gives her a nod and a light smile before returning to staring out the window, deliberating on the events that at Andrea's facility, and his friends untimely departure from this world, looking for some reasoning behind it all. He listens to portions of Clover and Jace's talk, noting the important details, Clover's mother had returned, Clover would be receiving some operation to remove the parasite, and Jace will be ensuring she lives through it, at some point during the conversation, Xander looks over to Clover.
    This operation seems rather intense, you can count on me and my magic to look over you while you are incapacitated, I will lose no more companions to the evil hiding in his city.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

As they arrive at the ruins Jafar agrees to rest for the night, having Freho dig a trench around them and then setting up a very large tent to fit the lot of them in.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

@Clover: Jace takes an apple from a bowl in the center of the table and starts peeling it.

"Fitzcaraldo's Circus of Fanfare and...many other F starting words. The man always did like to be on the spotlight. A business man, through and through. Fitzcaraldo has been in Halmathan a few years ago. His show is decent and you're likely to see stunts, acrobatics, wild animals and maybe a magic trick or two. It's a safe show. I went once as a main guest. Fitzcaraldo is a rather short man. Interested, as many are, in making money. When I went to see his show, I made sure he didn't pull any tricks on the audience, so he should be clean. As for his presence now? From what I heard, Connor has sent him an invitation. Even paid for the time spent here from... his pocket."

When asked about any news in the past week, Jace leans over as his eyes focus on the apple, which he peels with a knife rather quickly.

"The people were afraid. After the explosion. Should have seen the large flock gathered here and in the other churches. Ramblings about the end of days ran rampant through the streets. That's when Connor took the advantage to seize it as a moment to shine. Claiming that he had thwarted the evils that lay buried in Halmathan. The last days have been a demonstration of pompous self aggrandizement, as his town criers announce his many good deeds and even announce a Great Celebration. I asked Connor what this celebration was about, but the man simply told me it was the end of an era of strife and that he would bring the city together. He also made some very vague references to the King. About him returning. Or so I gathered."

@Erethiel: You gesture your hands rather quickly, as the merchant raises an eyebrow and looks at you.

An interesting spell. One that twists the tongue to sweeten a deal...or sour it at the speaker's content.

The merchant and the guards all bow as a voice behind you approaches a few feet away. An old woman, clad in a very expensive looking armor. You have heard of her before. The head of the church of Trade in Halmathan.

Mother Katherine the Temperate.

Katherine walks up to you and looks at your wares.

"It is important to establish commerce, young one. Haggling is, oddly enough, favored by Muoquol, but he also professes fairness. Carry on."

10. - Top - End - #280

GreenSorcererElf

Erethiel turns to face Katherine, simply noting her as another person.
    "But of course, Priestess. How could bargaining be anything else? Both sides do their level best to get as good a price as they can for their goods, and often, both sides leave feeling vaguely like they had a bad deal. At least, if both sides were good."

She then turns back to the merchant
    "Have we a deal?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Clover nods to Xander. "Thank you. I also still have a charge from the wand, but I would be very glad to remain alive and not find my mother using it..."

Turning to Jace. "That sounds very... Suspicious. We were out of it for a week, it seems likely that this celebration is an excuse... If he gathers all the powerful clerics and mages in one place, a certain magic draining savior might have an easy role to play in Connor's rise to power. We don't have much time, do we? I don't see the good of sailing off... But if there is a need, I believe I could arrange a ship...

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: Katherine walks past you as she inspects the wares of the other merchants, keeping an eye on you, and letting you notice that she is.

You also notice some guards moving towards the main archway, effectively blocking it.

The merchant looks at you and his eyes dart about nervously.

"Uhh yeah..maybe. Give me a minute? I need to check my wares. The..indentation...inspector...yes! The device I use to inspect indentations."

@Xander: Jace looks at you and nods.

"Xander, this city has already been freed of a terrible evil before it had a chance to bloom. The cost was high- Dantie has left us, but I am certain that we can still work together to bring down Connor and his schemes."

@Clover: Upon mentioning the excuse for a celebration and using The Savior, Jace nods.

"I have convened with the other heads of church, during your absence. All except Connor and Katherine, who clearly supports this man. We are going to be ready to raise a coup if he attempts anything vile like activating this weapon. This celebration should go unhindered. If he has any plans, these will be unraveled before they even begin."

@The Party: During the conversation, the sun begins to set over Halmathan as the skies are bathed in purple hues.

Jace puts on a heavy cloak against the cold weather and turns to look at you.

"Clover, my dear. I believe it is time to go to the Marina. I would suggest something warm. The pier gets very cold at night."

@Jafar: A cold dry wind blows through the wastes as you mount a large tent.

Bandobras helps hammering down the nails that hold the large cured cloth to the cracked ground.

"So this is why people hurry to make a tent here at night. I'm usually up above, so I rarely get a chance to experience the weather...it's not bad, but the sand..."

As Freho is kept outside, her immense bulk resisting the brunt of the storm, you bundle a small pile of dry twigs together and focus, igniting them and creating a fire.

Bandobras huddles next to it.

"Who knew, right? During the day, one is gasping for water. The sun here is merciless! Scorching sands. Yet at night, the temperatures drop immensely. It's all about the extremes here, it would seem."

Bandobras looks at the fire and goes quite for a few minutes, as he stares at the dancing flames.

"We sure could use Dantie, Xander, and Tarith right about now."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-06-12 at 03:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

GreenSorcererElf

Looks like some sort of trap. This makes things... interesting. Time to see if I can take advantage, and go... Or if I will just be leaving

"No, you already inspected it. Since you seem to have acquired a time concern, what do you say to 60k, you take the amulet, and we are done. Further repairs are in your capable hands."

(1d20+25)[33] diplo
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: The merchant looks at the amulet. You can see a tiny sliver of sweat running down his brow.

"Ehhh...twenty. And I suggest you take it."

You notice the other merchants begin to close their shops and wheel them inside the huge temple as the sun sets in the sky.

The guards begin to crowd the small plaza as Katherine walks by them, keeping her eye on you.

That's Erethiel Faelandarierl... and she came willingly here? This should make my job easier.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-06-12 at 04:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

GreenSorcererElf

"Twenty-five, and we are agreed."

Erethiel prepares a simple action, intending to become invisible when the guards make their move.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

As they are rushing to Put up the tent and Brandobras makes small talk Jafar calls out. Be happy you are normally up above, this is not something most get used to you know. The people who live in the sands have grown accustomed to the weather and as such know how to prepare for a night on the tundra. Jafar says nailing down the last nail.

At the mention of the name Dantie Jafar's head turns to the halfling. No it couldn't be, he thought before asking out loud. What would this child's last name be?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: Mother Katherine watches the exchange with the merchant as the guards begin cautiously walking around the small market square. The remaining merchants have all pulled their kiosks inside the temple and the Temperate Mother watches very calmly.

The merchant, nervous to the core, takes the money agreed.

"Done! Now I must close shop!"

The merchant shuts his own mobile kiosk and begins dragging into the temple.

"I hope your transaction was successful, citizen."

The guards stand their ground as one of them opens the gate.

"The temple market is closed for the day, but you may return tomorrow."

@Jafar: Bandobras warms himself by the fire.

"Indeed. I have flown over these lands years ago, but never actually stayed here for long periods of time. May have to. I usually try to stay less than a year in any one area. This world is vast and there are many places yet to see."

At the mention of Dantie and your inquiry, the halfling throws another twig into the fire, to keep it crackling and alive.

"Yes, Dantie. A pelorite from the north. Dantie Silva. Why?"

@The Party: As the sun sets and the stars fill the sky again, you walk with High Father Jace to Rashema's Marina.

A cold breeze blows through the docks and the gentle rocking of the many vessels anchored in the pier provide the only sound. Some of the vessels are lit from inside- clearly the sailors living there or travelers who stopped by in their voyage and do not wish to pay for a room.

@Xander: You spot Timothy sitting on the deck of a small by seemingly fast vessel. The word Audune has been painted on the side of the hull.

"Master Xander! Miss Clover...High Father? Come in. She wasn't expecting that many people, though."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh but by doing that my friend you do not get to learn the beauties of each place, only get a small taste of it. If you wish to learn about a culture you must dive into it, and soak it all up into your being. Let it take over if you will for lack of a better term. Perhaps hen this war is over you could stay with myself or the Prince, I am sure there will be a large reward for all you have done for our nation. Jafar says as the fire crackles in the center of them, throwing more firewood on only when it needs it.

As Brandobras tells me my nephew is still alive and lives in the north the shock on my face is evident. Are you sure thats the boys name? He should be about 29 by now, large man if he is anything like his farther. Please you must tell me, our family thought we lost him long ago when his farther went missing deep in the dunes trying to find a relic of Pelor that had said to have dropped from the heavens into the sands over a mileane ago. No one had heard from them since and we had all thought my brother and his family had been dead. You are absolutely positive it is him? Jafar asks wondering how his nephew had been raised, so far away from home. Had he lived here he would have trained with Ahmet and been the boys guardian as I had been his uncles. Had he been brought up good? Was my brother and his wife still alive, so many questions now unanswered.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

@Jafar: Bandobras listens to your tale with much interest and stands up as he walks around the tent.

"You know, I once spent a little over a year in a small farm community not too far from Furyondy. That's where I woke up...long story. They were nice people. Very helpful towards a stranger. Then... then things got weird. Houses flying off their bases. Cows flying... that wasn't good, believe me. I chose to leave because I thought my presence there had brought it upon them. So, I fly all over Oerth, never staying more than a few months."

Bandobras takes out a notepad. this one is old and worn. He opens it and shows you pages upon pages of places and numbers next to them.

"That's the name of the place I visited. The number next to it shows how long I have stayed in one place at a time. I'm still trying to figure out the exact time. I chose to recluse myself for...let's see here. Three hundred and sixty four days. I chose an isolated mountain top. Soon after, the boulders began to orbit around. I had no idea I was sharing my hermitage with a family of Ghaleb Dhur. They weren't happy, I'll tell you that. So there. That's why I always travel. Never in one place for too long. It's not so bad, really. I have met a lot of interesting people. Dantie amongst them."

Upon mentioning Dantie and showing much interest in the pelorite, Bandobras sits down by the fire.

"Indeed! Good man, Dantie. Met him...let's see. About a month ago, in Justcrown. A small duchy across the sea. Then I met him a few days after, from a trip he made to the mountains. He has been raised very well, too. A high ranking member of the order of Pelor. He fought along Xander and Tarith against one of my pursuers and killed him, so yes. He is most stalwart in his resolve. I'd peg him in his late twenties. Maybe early thirties. Hard to tell, though. He usually wears a dog's face. But yes, it's him. Dantie Silva, Jafar. The last time I saw him, he was getting married. I was the ring bearer, too. So you can say him and I are close. You want me to go get him?"
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-06-13 at 03:54 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile, in the Jade Throne Room of Al'akkbar...

The intense heat that radiates in the throne room makes staying unbearable but for the most hardened men and beasts.

The Lord of Fire sits on perhaps the tenth throne crafted from iron. The last thrones used for him have melted rather quickly- as were those that crafted such defective chairs.

His loyal and frightened retainers can only hope the iron works this time as it burns white hot under its master's weight.

Kazym walks in to the steam filled room. The lovely pools that the Shah used to have here are now gaping maws of steam. The brilliant fish that swam in it now charred and unrecognizable. A group of a t least twenty giantkin with red scales and very well armed surround their armored master, whose eyes, like red hot embers, look through the armor that covers his entire body. As crimson as the flames of Hell itself.

The dry lich bows.

"My Lord, I trust the resistance was quelled?"

The Lord of Fire looks down at the White Shade through his helmet.

"Not because of your assistance, which was lacking completely from the battlefield! Kazym, your counsel is valuable...but not irreplaceable. I expect you to have your forces at my side at all times! Also... there is that halfling. What is his name?"

"Bandobras, my lord. A pest, indeed. Did you kill him?"

Kazym looks at the man on the iron throne with much anticipation.

"No. He did get the message, however: To cross me is a grave mistake. Nidhog, however, requires healing. Tend to that. You can at least do that, dry lich?"

Kazym bows.

"Of course, Master. And rest assured, my presence will be made quite clear at the next confrontation. You have my word."

As Kazym leaves the furnace of a throne room, he turns to his fiery lord.

"You did not happen to see an old knight amongst the rebels, sire? He rides a large mammal. A diptrodon. He's old, but strong. He did not fall, did he?"

The Lord of Fire looks down at the lich.

"When in battle, Kazym, it matters not the face of your opponent, but their skill. That, and that alone, is what sets them apart from the bodies left in my wake. Now go!"

Kazym bows and leaves the throne room.

As he walks down the royal halls, he stops at a mosaic painting of the Royal family. This one has been seriously defaced by countless claw marks, both big and small.

Kazym's golden glow in his dried sockets disappears as his body stands as still as the corpse he ought to be.

There have been encounters with him, but nothing lethal, yet. I would advise the Underdark Faction to expedite their arrival....ahhh, I see. I can keep him occupied for a while longer, then.

Kazym's eyes recover their golden glow, true to his once glorious aasimar heritage and keeps walking down the halls.

And you, Jafar... You have been a thorn on my side for too long. I believe it is time to reunite you with your family...
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-06-13 at 04:04 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291

GreenSorcererElf

"You still think I am offering to pay you, don't you? I am not trying to repair the amulet to recover lost powers, I am simply selling it as is. If you are too foolish to comprehend that, we are done. Besides, we both know that it is not broken."

As the courtyard closes down for the day, Erethiel is a bit surprised. After all, it is before noon still, since she awoke in the morning, and has not really done anything in the day.

"You have an odd time to close this place down, Priestess. Is it all for me? How Special I must be."

As she speaks, Erethiel calmly casts a spell, concealing it once more, before she flies up, and sends her image out, keeping it in her sight, curious as to what will happen.(Mislead)

(1d20+20)[31] conceal spellcasting

(1d20+26)[40] move silently
    (1d20+26)[43] hide
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2013-06-13 at 06:42 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

As Brandobras tells Jafar his story you can see that it effects the old man greatly. It must be hard, never being able to settle down or have a family. Never to have a place to call your own, I am truly sorry. Jafar says taking the notebook and looking for the sea of sands on it to see how long he has been here. Hoping it had not been long because we needed his help in this battle at this time. Perhaps when this battle is done we can find a place in the sands here for you. After all there is not much to kick up but more sand in some places. And we already have sand storms so it should not be to bad as long as your a good distance from any settlements. Jafar says kindly to the halfling who had helped his people so much since this war with the Lord of Flames had begun. Not even the giants who had sword their allegiance to the king to help when he was in need had stood with us for long when they saw the power of that man and his dragon. If only Kazym had not betrayed us we may have been able to hold the city.

I then listen as Brandobras tells me about the boy named Dantie and decide that it is my brothers boy. I would love to go see him, but we have more important matters to attend to at this time. After we destroy this part of Kazym's soul then perhaps yes, but only briefly as I have an obligation here. Jafar says wishing the war was not going on.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

"We are considering taking up Armaita on her offer and sail Audune... I'm sure she won't mind." Clover says to Timothy as she climbs up aboard the ship.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xander looks to Jace, while still at the temple of Pelor.
    We may have prevented Andrea and her terrible plans for the city from coming to fruition, but as you said there is still the matter of Conner, and a Hextorite named Kannis who has for some reason traveled a great distance from my homeland of Rel Mord, I suspect at the least he is working with Connor, but worry he may have a even more terrible vision for this city than even that of Andrea and Connor.

Once they reach the ship, Xander approaches Timothy.
    I keep finding you in some of the most interesting places, what brought you to the docks? Are you no longer staying at the temple of Fharlanghn? As to all of our presence, it is my understanding that Lady Clover will be receiving an important operation tonight, Father Jace is here to ensure she lives through it, and I came to ensure no trouble will disrupt the operation, and protect Lady Clover while she in unable to do so herself.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: Mother Katherine watches the last merchant push his kiosk into the main temple.

"This is Muoquol's Market, and it has different rules, according to the directives of the church. You are the one His Grace sent criers about, over a week ago. Erethiel, is it not? The one who defied the Grand Inquisitor, was tried and set free."

As you disappear, leaving an illusion of yourself, Katherine calms the guards.

"Go inside and lock the doors. I have seen what I wanted."

Katherine looks at the illusion for a few seconds and walks back inside.

@Xander: Jace ponders while you tell him about Kannis.

"Hextorites rarely work freely. Like devils, they always have a hidden agenda. If this Kannis is working now with Connor, we should expect some sort of twist that may affect all of us. Thank you for this new information, Xander."

Once at the pier, Timothy scratches his head and smiles.

"I was. Still am, really. But a few days ago, Lady Armaita came to the temple. She has... quite the temper on her. Accused me of theft! Imagine that? But when I told her I knew Ravenna she calmed down. Now, I'm sort of working for her here. I've been tasked with finding a crew for Miss Clover to sail the Audune...that is, if she agrees, of course."

@Clover: Timothy bows.

"Thank you for considering the offer, miss. High father. It is an honor to meet you."

@The Party: Timothy leads you inside the mess hall of the Audune.

A large dinner table has been cleaned off of everything on top and a white table cloth has been set on it. Four chairs have been placed at the side. Two on each side and each with a manacle fastened to one and the other placed on the table. A bowl with water has been placed on a fifth chair at the head of the table, to the side.

Then, you see Armaita herself.

It is evident that, where it not for Clover's constant transmutations, the resemblance would be that much easier to pinpoint. Armaita looks very much like Clover, but much older. Her eyes give off a hint of the divine which is far more evident in her than the warlock, and her hair is still brunette, but with silver linings.

Armaita bows to Jace.

"Highfather...this is unexpected. An honor to have you here. I must ask, though..why are you here?"

Jace bows back.

"Armaita, Clover has asked me to come in case the operation didn't go as planned. I hope that isn't the case, but I still would like to assist in any way I can."

Armaita raises an eyebrow.

"Ravenna never taught you about Chirurgery, did she?"

"No, she did not, but..."

"Then with all due respect, Highfather, your presence here has been, sadly, a waste."

Jace steps up, clearly annoyed at her tone.

"Excuse me? I do not believe such tone is necessary. Clover mentioned you and her are family. I have met her for a few days, but she is a trusted ally and friend. I am not going anywhere and since I heard the Audune is now of her possession, it will be up to her if I leave or not."

Armaita sits on the chair and massages her temples.

"I...I'm sorry, Highfather. That was rude of me. Please understand. I am on edge right now. What I am going to do is no easy task. It was nothing personal. I'm sorry."

@Xander: Armaita looks at you from her chair.

"You must be Clover's friend as well. You are a wizard... yes! You might be able to help me with something later on, if you have time."

@Clover: Armaita gets up from the chair and walks up to you and caresses your hair.

"You still keep it shiny and straight. At least you learned one thing from me. Now, Clover, listen well. See that room over there? That's my bedroom. You will find a white sleeveless robe. Take off your equipment and put that on. When you're ready, come out here."

@Jafar: At the mention of not having a family to settle in with, Bandobras looks at the fire, with much nostalgia.

"I believe I have a family, Dantie. They are out there, somewhere. Maybe that's why I travel so much, trying to find them..."

Bandobras shuts his eyes and lets out a sigh. At the mention of a place in the Sea of Sands, he looks quite content.

"Yes! This place is enormous. We could find a nice oasis. Maybe later have someone build airborne houses, perhaps? Yes, it could be fun...but none of that will happen until we deal with the Lord of Fire."

Bandobras nods in agreement.

"Itīs a deal, old man. We deal with Nasnas and put a dent in Kazym and then I promise i'll take you to see Dantie. For now..."

Bandobras yawns and stretches his arms to the tent's ceiling.

"Time to get some rest. Good night, Jafar."

26. - Top - End - #296

GreenSorcererElf

"Yes, I am. It does seem a bit odd that a church dedicated to trading would close before the afternoon rush, the best portion of business for the day."

The flying, invisible Erethiel watches as her illusory duplicate walks out the door, and starts heading towards an additional store, one where she knows she can sell the amulet.

Spoiler
    Show

No access to sheets makes looking up a name for a store a bit difficult
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Clover looks away from Armaita as she strokes her hair. "I would rather Jace... High father, remain. He is rather comforting..." She said as she walked off to prepare.

It takes Clover a minute to take off her armor and after another minute she is done removing her clothes and put on the white robe. When she is ready, she comes back out, without her usual disguise.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time has flowed by since the meeting at Runestone, IDing the belt, haggling, the hawk, and the meeting at the with the party at pelor's temple, so it is sundown already.

You leave Muoquol's Temple and find that the sun has already fallen, leaving the last traces of sunlight burn in the azure sky before disappearing.

@Clover: Armaita steps back, clearly getting the message.

"The room is there."

After about a minute, Clover comes out in a patient's outfit.

Armaita looks at you with a grim face.

"Please lay on the table. Xander, High Father, Timothy. Attach the manacles to her ankles and hands."

Jace raises an eyebrow.

"Is this necessary? The manacles, I mean."

Armaita clicks one of the manacles on your right wrist.

"The process is a difficult one for the patient, High Father. Restraint is necessary. And I do not know yet what kind of parasite she has inside."

Once the manacles are in place, Armaita takes out a small leather bundle and places next to your head on the table and opens it. You cannot see what is inside, but the rest can.

You see a fine assortment of tiny cutting utensils. Used mainly in anatomical classes at Universities. These are used mainly for Necromancy studies of the human body. Amongst the tools, you see a scalpel, a pair of tweezers, a small round blade, and small packets along with an empty glass vial with a stopper.

"Clover, this procedure will take one hour. I will try and ascertain where the malady is in your body and track the parasite within. This will not be painless and, should the procedure fail, and High Father brings you back, I might have to take another hour trying to find the parasite again, should it move. I'm sorry, dear. Be strong. Everyone! Hold her down. If this parasite is magical in nature, as I suspect it is, it might try to take over Clover at any time if it suspects it is being threatened."

You feel a wet blanket on your forehead and the sound of splashing water as Armaita washes her hands on a bowl.

She then takes one of the small packets and begins to carefully untie it.

"Let us find out where you are..."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-06-13 at 03:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299

GreenSorcererElf

How time seems to fly when one is busy. I suppose it is time for me to go to the park, and wait for the others. And see if Silvarel is there.

Erethiel heads for the park, expecting to meet the others there, and planning on finding Lady Silvarel, to see if she is infected, and if she might be persuaded to come with Erethiel.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: You head for the Royal Park when the hawk from earlier in the day lands on a lamp post.

It looks at you from up high and then flies to your shoulder, looking at your waist.

"The boat!"

And it flies off to towards the Marina.