New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 7

@Erethiel: You fill the Power Sanctum with noises and heat signatures, amidst large bubbles of light.

Andrea Swayne looks at these and shakes her head.

"A petty spell from a petty creature. But I will indulge. What do you wish to know, hybrid? It is only fitting you gain some insight before going to the afterlife."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Could you please tell me where you got the design for the savior golem from? It's the one thing here that does not make sense."

Erethiel is trying to be polite and respectful
    (1d20+24)[42] diplo
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Xander glances up at the tentacles blocking the exit before he looks to Andrea, while helping Erethiel ready the weapon.
    Strange access this weapon required the facility to self destruct, but no matter. Do you really think stopping the door from opening will keep us here? All you really accomplish is ensuring you and your abominations all meet their end here...an interesting end for one such as you, one who reached so high, hoping to scribe her name in the history books, only now you will be incinerated, along with all of your abominations, and you killed all your family...there will be no one to so much as remember you even existed in a few years....a same really, with your mind you could have done so much, yet chose to waste it all here...
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Clover tensed as Andrea appeared. "Nice... You know, Andrea, I've been wondering... Do you care about the Swayne line? You transformed your entire family and didn't care that we kill them, just that we killed your experiments... With everything you done to yourself, I wouldn't be surprised to find out you are sterile for quite some time now. I didn't listen to all the Swayne history lectures, but I believe your brother is safe. Were you ever curious? If he's alive and well?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Clover maintains readied action until Andrea casts a spell. Goal is to force a high concentration check that she can't make so she fails the spell... And deal damage.

Clover will be lizardy.

Maximized, Empowered, Scepter Enhanced, Evil Smiting Eldritch Chain:
    (1d20+22)[29]
    74 + (5d6+7)[17] damage
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie is walking around letting Xander decipher the puzzles undisturbed he paces back and forth and is quite surprised when Erethiel falls on top of him. Good to see you alive and in one piece, was starting to wounder if you ran into more trouble. Dantie says as he gets up himself and dusts himself off as Erethiel is explaining where she was and what she was doing.

As she pulls out the bag with his share of the loot as well as two wands Dantie bows his head to her. Well Ms. Lady of Silver dreams, I may have misjudged you. Thank you. Dantie says as he takes the bag from the half fey, shock and surprising on his face at her actions.

Once all pleasantries are done Dantie goes and sits in the corner of the room facing the only way into the room, Sharpening his blade all the while, waiting for the right moment to happen. And he is happy when he sees that it has come. Seeing erethiel going to the door and the weapon that is shown is a sight to say the least. That is of course until he sees a tentacle come forth from the ground. So it took you all this time to figure out where we were. Sad really. After all if you can not keep track of four people in a house how as a queen would you ever keep track of thousands. Dantie says getting into a defensive position ready for her to attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action to fire of a GDM if she launches one herself. Thus they cancel each other out and No one is dispelled.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: Andrea raises her eyebrow at your question.

"Is this a trick question, hybrid? Your employer, Hathway, gave it to me. Not that it matters, anyways. He has chosen poorly when it comes to assassins. One cannot kill an Ascended Being."

@Xander: Andrea looks up at the tentacles forcing thir way to shut the latch once more.

"Yes...I am aware that three here have the ability to leave through space time. Has it not occurred to you, Xander, that I, with my unbelievably high intellect and superior power, can end all of you and put an end to Father's futile attempt at silencing me, thus ending this countdown? As for family... that does not matter to the brightest mind in Halmathan. I will not be forgotten because I shall link to every single mind in this city. Even if by some miracle- by direct divine intervention the impossible were to happen, magus- I will live. That is what differentiates me from you, antling. I know the value of adaptability."

@Clover: Andrea's eyes glow with pure malice and hate.

"I have heard enough of you, mongrel. You will find out that I have been most fertile..."

As she speaks, those tentacles snake themselves from the floor, covering the walls.

"You merely demonstrated that fresher subjects are required. When I am through with you, Clover, I will emerge triumphant over Halmathan and spread my seed to the winds. Everyone will answer to me. You, however, will lie broken and very much dead."

@Dantie: Andrea walks around you, keeping her distance.

"It would seem Father was not completely useless after all. The Power Sanctum's spiked arcane surges kept my vision blurred. It would seem the activation of that...weapon reduced said spike, allowing my divine sight to pierce in here."

@The Party: Andrea smiles as the tentacles around the room keep snaking upwards and the blaring alarm on the self destruct keeps repeating itself. It has been a few days, but a hard fraught journey. As the Queen monster sizes each and everyone of you up like a feral predator, her eyes glow again. You know you could escape the facility, as Xander had proposed. But what if Andrea does the same? She certainly seems to have such an ability.

It's either fleeing or fighting, but one side dies today in the bowels of this madness.

"This time, there is no escape, little ants. I will not hold back!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Andrea Swayne, 1st Form (1d20+18)[19]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

As Dantie listens to the mad woman speak he keeps on edge, always keeping her in his eye sight. Your farther may still have a few tricks you are not even aware of. Dantie says with a smile as the two titans circle each other waiting for the first move to be taken.

8. - Top - End - #68

GreenSorcererElf

"But... if Hathaway was the source... Where did he come from? As far as I can tell, he just sort of appeared, acting as a link between that cleric, Cannis, who is actually the assassin, Connor, yourself and Cutter, and probably others."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Buffs cast: Alter Self(Troglodyte)(140 min), Telepathic Bond (Clover, Xander, Dantie, Erethiel) (150 min), Mage Armor (+4 AC)(15 hours),See Invisibility (140 min), Heart of Earth(14 hrs), Heart of Water(15 hrs), Resist energy (Acid[30]) (150 min), Favor of the Martyr (15 min), Shield (14 min), Fly (14 min), Protection from Evil (15 min)

Changes to Xander's prepared spells at rest: Assay spell resistance for Dimensional Anchor, Enervation of Favor of the martyr, Prying Eyes for wall of stone

Chain nerverskitter (1d20+15)[32]

How long before the weapon is ready?

Xander raises an eyebrow at Andrea.
    I would think if one such as you were able to end the countdown and destroy us all so easily you would have done so already, and wouldn't risk something happening to your precious facility, or its infestation.
    Xander glances up at the vines slowly covering the walls.
    If you know these vines will do nothing to hinder our escape, why waste the energy in having them overtake this place? A mere intimidation tactic perhaps?

Mentally to the party.
    We need to delay Andrea long enough to use this weapon her father created, lets just hope it does not take to long, everyone remember to get near me before the countdown ends so I can get us all out of here, and be wary of these vine covered walls, I have seen Andrea cause such vines to release those magic sucking flowers, and in a room such as this I wonder at what results such an action would have.

1st Turn
    Knowing Andrea will be resistant, if not immune to most of his magic, Xander simply activates his wand of truestrike, and casts dimensional anchor at Andrea while keeping an eye on her, prepared to activate any defensive magic he may need if Andrea makes any attacks against him.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2013-06-03 at 01:43 PM.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: Andrea smiles as she starts side stepping around the Power Sanctum, clearly assessing each and everyone of you like an animal of prey, ready to strike.

"You will find out soon enough magus, but first.."

Andrea Swayne leaps gracefully into the air, landing on the platform above, away from melee reach and raises her arms to the sky. as she laughs.

"You are facing a true god, ants! Behold!"

Her body begins to suffer a light transmutation as Andrea's body shifts between this reality and the next at a very rapid pace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Blink

She then watches from the platform and waits...

11. - Top - End - #71

GreenSorcererElf

Erethiel shrugs, not really caring what the insane evil thing cared to call itself. However, since there was absolutely nothing she could do, she simply waits for a better moment to act.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

@Clover: You had waited for this moment, as Andrea leaps above and casts her transmutation.

You fire the eldritch blast. That powerful blast that will obliterate Andrea Swayne and bypass her defenses.

Andrea watches the ray go towards her and smiles.

"I saw you pull that trick earlier, Clover. It will not work on me this time..."

Andrea's eyes glow red as her body glows crimson and the blast is redirected towards one of your allies as an immediate action.

Spoiler
    Show
    Friendly Fire

13. - Top - End - #73

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing the bolt coming straight at her, Erethiel seems to fracture into (1d4+4)[8] images, all of them seemingly a delectable target.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

@Clover: Andrea points at you as she caresses her mutated body.

"You really thought perfection could be marred by your mongrel tactics? According to my calculations, you have twenty four seconds before you can try that again. You have half that time left to live, Clover."

@Erethiel: As Andrea watches you split into several images, the Halmathan monster laughs.

"We have done this before, half breed. It did not end well for you."

15. - Top - End - #75

GreenSorcererElf

Sadly, Andrea is able to see clearly through the illusions, and the bolt of eldritch energy arcs towards Erethiel, only to be absorbed by the sphere that suddenly appears there, courtesy of Xander.

Xander receives the following message: Thank you, Xander

Which leaves it as Andrea's turn once more.

Spoiler
    Show

Repost, as it makes more sense here
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Andrea watches Erethiel caught in one of Xander's life saving spheres.

"Cute trick, magus. But on the matter at hand..."

@Clover: Andrea points her finger at you and a black crackling ray spreads from her finger, striking you.

Empowered Ray of Clumsiness

Spoiler
    Show
    RTA (1d20+29)[34] penalty damage (1d6+5)[6] x1.5

She then leaps gracefully through the air and lands next to Xander.

"Feeling a little light headed, magus?"

17. - Top - End - #77

GreenSorcererElf

Clover deftly teleports out of the way of the ray, much to Andrea's surprise.

Erethiel, alas, delays, having nothing else to do.

Probably not, sadly, due to lack of control.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dantie, however, seeing Andrea on the ground, charges her, hoping to be able to actually hit her.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2013-06-03 at 02:52 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie looks at the monster that has landed next to a very dazed Xander and readies his blade as he charges at the blinking Andrea.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge + Divine Might + PA (-14) + Str Domain (1d20+27)[46] damage (1d8+58)[60] miss chance (1d100)[67]

19. - Top - End - #79

GreenSorcererElf

Erethiel, seeing Dantie within arms reach of Andrea, tries to help him, twisting sinuously, which inspires him to make another attack.
    (snakes swiftness cast)

(1d20+27)[31] attack (1d8+58)[61] + (4d6+4)[17]
    (1d100)[92] fail on less than a 20

Xander carefully maneuvers, casting fly on Dantie

Clover readies a counterspell action, intending to counter whatever spell Andrea tries to cast next time.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

@Clover: Andrea smiles as she looks at the warlock.

"As promised.."

Spoiler
    Show
    Twinned Disintegrate

RTA (1d20+29)[36] damage (40d6)[151] if passed, (5d6+6)[23]

RTA (1d20+29)[47] damage (40d6)[141] if passed, (5d6+6)[21]

Then, Andrea's eyes glow crimson and everything freezes.

21. - Top - End - #81

GreenSorcererElf

Once more, Xander shows the power of a wizard, bending time, and shoving Clover out of the path of the disintegrates, which promptly disintegrate the section of wall behind her.

Clover's counterspell goes off, countering the time stop.
    (1d20+14)[32] counterspell, vs dc 31, I think

Spoiler
    Show

Xander is using celerity+telekinesis, pushing(bull rush) Clover out of the way.
    Clover is counterspelling, and, from past checks, she actually countered Andrea's spell
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2013-06-03 at 05:13 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Andrea watches Clover being pushed back by Xander's spell and grimaces.

"It would seem the ants have proven resourceful, so far..."

Andrea takes a five foot step from dantie and spreads her arms wide, spiraling along the ground as this one becomes red hot., expanding the area in a twenty foot radius.

Spoiler
    Show
    (40d6)[164] fire damage, Reflex gives you (1d6+20)[26] fire damage, if any one point of fire damage is incurred, take (1d6)[3] damage fire for three rounds. No SR

23. - Top - End - #83

GreenSorcererElf

Xander tries to evade the blast, hiding behind the globe that protects Erethiel
    (1d20+14)[22] reflex
    Clover, taking a chance, tries to raise a momentary portal, redirecting the fire that would burn her to behind her instead.
    (1d20+15)[35] reflex
    Dantie, ever stalwart, simply bows his head, preventing the fire from searing his face, and trusting in the armor gifted to him by Cornelius Brunhauser to protect him from the searing heat.
    (1d20+16)[30]
    Erethiel simply watches as the fire washes over her protective sphere, saving her life a second time in less than thirty seconds.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Andrea laughs as Xander falls face first on the ground, burnt and very much dead.

Clover is singed badly, but she is still alive.

Dantie, severly burnt by the fire that sticll burns the floor manages to stand.

"I see some of you rats are still alive. We shall have to remedy that."

25. - Top - End - #85

GreenSorcererElf

Safe inside her bubble, Erethiel can only look on helplessly as Andrea blasts the others with fire, and is horrified as Xander is converted into a blackened husk, falling to the floor, flaking ash as he goes.
    "You... Monster!"

Dantie and Clover seem to be singed, but not lethally, although Dantie's armor seems to be glowing a bit.

What I would have done with Dantie and Erethiel's turns.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dantie, however, stalwartly attacks, hoping to keep Andrea occupied.

(+3 for recitation)
    (1d20+30)[34] (1d8+37)[38] (4d6)[14]
    (1d20+25)[35] (1d8+37)[38] (4d6)[9]
    (1d20+20)[35] (1d8+37)[39] (4d6)[14]

Erethiel, of course, once more boosts Dantie, giving him another attack.
    (1d20+30)[49] (1d8+37)[39] (4d6)[11]

Clover, knowing that there is not much time, moves to Xander's side, and teleports his body into the dome, using the anklets, before kneeling at his side, using the wand on him, restoring him to life.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: Andrea smiles smugly as she stands on the burning hot floor as the flames entwine around her body, never causing any damage.

"A monster, Erethiel? No, I am a Perfect Being. That is why you and your kind cannot understand, ergo, you fear such magnificent, unattainable power."

The tentacl;es begin to snake themselves around the Power Sanctum as the alarm keeps blaring.

"Is this not glorious? I am truly a Queen. A goddess of Creation! Once I have annihilated the lot of you, I will ascend to the city and proclaim my sovereignity. After that..."

And she looks at Dantie.

"I will go pay a viist to that goddess Steiner wrote about. Who knows...she might make an adequate specimen."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2013-06-03 at 07:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

GreenSorcererElf

"A perfect being? One who traded all that she was, and all that she ever could be, for power? and to do what? Make more like her? To take away from all others everything that makes life worth living? Look around! Can you truly say that you and your monsters are a good thing? You destroy all that you touch!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: Andrea smiles fiendishly.

"Family was but a means to attain power, hybrid. If one really craves absolute knowledge and power, they must be willing to sacrifice everything for everything. And I do not destroy. I create. Halmathan will be a reflection of my glorious vision. And the Savior will see to that."

29. - Top - End - #89

GreenSorcererElf

"But knowledge and power are worth nothing if you sacrifice the very reasons that you sought them. There is nothing left of the little girl who enjoyed the carousel, the girl who played games. There is only the one that intends to obliterate Halmathan. And, again, for what? To impose your vision of the future on everyone?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

@Erethiel: Andrea listens to your words and, for the briefest of seconds, her eyes look at you with a hint of nostalgia.

"The carrousel...Odeun and I used to ride it every day..."

Then her eyes glow crimson again.

"But those days are gone! I will rise and perfect the failures of Father and remake this city, the way it was supposed to be. The way I ought to have it. You had your opportunity to serve me, Erethiel. Now, only a painful death awaits you."