New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Barren Wastelands Reboot (IC)

Upon hearing a gunshot, Bic slams down the switch on the circuit breaker, killing the lights in the building.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    TYCH0 doesn't actually know anything about these gangers. Any insignia they're wearing is not local to Barren gangs. They must be new or something.

Everyone that can see well-enough in low-light can see the ork LOB something between TYCH0 and Rover, and then GAS is released!

Spoiler
    Show
    You two, please make a Toxin Resistance Test. Roll Body + the rating of any protective system you have.

Base damage on this Contact, Inhalation toxin is 10 stun. Each hit you get on your resistance tests decreases the damage by 1. If you inhale any of the gas, you are also Disorientated and take a -2 DP to any action you do, in addition to the wound penalties from the Stun damage you take. This is strong ****. Stronger than what you'd expect a typical poor ganger to have.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

As the lights go out suddenly, Tych0 blinks his eyes and can see again, thank god for these eyes! As he sees the gas, he immediately covers his mouth with his arm and starts coughing horsely.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toxin Resistance [body] - (3d6)[1][2][6](9)
    Last edited by kind_of_a_ROBOT; 2013-06-25 at 04:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rover rolls Body 2 to resist Stun 10 gas. (2d6)[4][4](8)
    Results: Rover takes 10 stun damage. Is now disoriented (-2) and taking wound penalties (-3)

Stun track: 2/12
    Physical track: 8/9
    Body: 2
    Armor: None
    Ballistic/Impact: 0/0
    Reaction: 1 (2)
    Dodge skill: n/a
    On Cram. Suffering -7 to most tests due to sustaining one spell(-2), disorientation(-2) due to inhaling a strong stun-gas, and wound penalties (-3).

Last edited by Abombom; 2013-06-25 at 05:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

With Rover and TYCH0 almost knocked out from the gas, the ork turns around and starts shouting at his elf ally, trying to rally him. "DON'T BE AFRAID OF 'EM YOU YELLOW-BELLIED FREAK! WE CAN TAKE THAT TROLL!"

Spoiler
    Show
    The Ork attempts to roll Leadership to counteract the effects of the intimidation from Tauren. It is now Rover's turn.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rover stares at the collapsed bodies in front of him. Was that all him? Wasn’t there a bystander in the corner? Did he knock the innocent unconscious too?

His cybereyes instantly switched to low-light vision as the room became dim.

The Cram continued to release into his bloodstream, not letting him think for even a split second. He instinctively tried for a repeat performance, hoping to end the confrontation for good. Although he continued to thump on the cartoon shark on his chest, any onlookers watching noticed a ghostly outline of a black Doberman form around his face as the magic poured through his body… for better or for worse.

Spoiler
    Show

Free Action: Rover’s cybereyes cycle to low-light vision.

Complex Action: Rover attempts to cast Stunball Force 7. Spellcasting 4 + Magic 4 + Power Focus 2 = 10 base dice.
    10 dice – 7(penalties) = 3 dice.
    (3d6)[5][5][4](14)
    Results: 2 hits. Those caught within stunball must get 2 hits on their spell resist test or take 7 stun.

Rover resists drain for Stunball at Force 7. Drain is physical due to overcasting. Base drain = (Force/2, rounded down) +1 = 4P.
    Drain dice pool = Willpower 7 + Charisma 4 = 11 dice
    (11d6)[2][1][6][2][1][1][6][3][3][4][4](33)
    Results: 2 hits. Damage reduced from 4P to 2P. Rover takes 2P damage. He now suffers an additional -1 to most tests due to additional wound penalties.

Stun track: 2/12
    Physical track: 6/9
    Body: 2
    Armor: None
    Ballistic/Impact: 0/0
    Reaction: 1 (2)
    Dodge skill: n/a
    On Cram. Suffering -8 to most tests due to sustaining one spell(-2), disorientation(-2) due to inhaling a strong stun-gas, and wound penalties (-4).

Last edited by Abombom; 2013-06-26 at 08:50 PM. Reason: edited in results

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

The magic flies out, and impacts the ork and elf (and the nearby bystanders) past unconsciousness and into bleeding from the nose and mouth! The room is still dark, and there is lots of chaos and yelling as people panic!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus waits for a second and notice that there aren't any moves comming from the gangers. He then come back to the kitchen and turns the lights on again. Saying "Thanks for the help...I think everything is clear now on the other room" He comes back to the dinning room and says to Felicia "Felicia grab a rope quickly! Let's tie down these ****ers"

He then looks around and see the hobo and the nerdy looking really tired and a couple of his clients on the floor. He then says to no one in particular "What the hell just happened here?!"
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-06-29 at 03:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

After hearing that the violence is over, Bic slinks out of the kitchen and into the main room. Unsure of how to proceed, she just leans against a wall and does her best to look more shocked than she is. In truth, this amount of violence doesn't bother her, and the possibly dead gangers only scared her because she thought she was alone here, without any weapons. Apparently someone had gotten them.

Looking at the corpses, she is suddenly puzzled. They have no wounds. Th-thanks, Mr. Cook for stopping them. What happened? It was over so fast...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feeling safe, Rover grabs his head with both hands as the pain finally hits him. Bursts of pain surge through his body and everything looks blurry for just a moment before his cybereyes try to compensate for his vertigo.

Still grabbing his head, Rover rushes over to one of the innocent bystanders he knocked unconscious with his stunball, and notices the blood gushing from their nose.

"Oh my god... I'm so sorry," Rover says as he kneels down beside them, looking at Taurus in the eyes.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey man! You did what you must...If you can do anything to help now, just do it!" Taurus grabs the rope from Felicia's hand and cuts it in 4 equal pieces and start to tie the gangers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength roll to do the knots (9d6)[5][4][6][1][3][2][1][3][6](31) - 3 Hits
    Taurus is not doing a technical knot, but is using a lot of strength to make it hard to escape.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-06-30 at 11:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Tych0 tries to catch his breath, and shake off the nausea from the gas. Looking around at the various people in the diner, he spots Bic again and let's his eyes slide over her shape briefly before walking over to the unconscious Ork. He kicks at him not so gently and gestures to the door, "Any one have a freakin' clue who these pieces of drek are?" He asks no one in particular.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

This time, Bic noticed Tych0's gaze, however she did t react. She dressed this way exactly for that kind of attention. Esmerelda could manipulate people like that, and knowing who was interested could only help.

Big mean thugs... Bic said, half to herself.

She walked over and knelt beside the elf, and looked at any insignias he had.

Spoiler
    Show
    So... going to try to use a skill. I have 3 ranks in this knowledge and 5 int, soooo... (8d6)[33]

Oops..

May I can know which gang he is from.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-06-30 at 09:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's try that again.

(8d6)[3][6][4][4][4][4][2][5](32)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry toots they are tied now." Taurus give a look to her and thinks "She is hot, but I prefer more beefy womens...or troll...I wonder how Rasha is handling her mother's problems."

"Any of you can help the two clients that are down?" Taurus look to her, the nerdy-guy and the hobo.

Spoiler
    Show
    OCC: I hope I'm not crossing any line with the words (tootsie and others) I'm using, it is just that it fits my character personality to do that. And also to give a hint to her, that her seduction will have little (not zero, but little) effect on Taurus.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-01 at 06:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, people can escape from being tied up when they have to. I'm guessing you've never been tied up before? Bic winked, then stood up trying to remember who those thugs might be.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-07-01 at 11:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The crowd is starting to calm down a little bit, except for the friends and families or those bystanders knocked out. One little girl (a dwarf) runs up to the bystander dwarf that is knocked and and bleeding, and starts tugging on his arms. "Daddy, daddy, can you hear me?" The young girl looks *very* distressed, and gives Rover a look of fear.

Felicia starts trying to tend to the other unconscious bystander, bur she has no true medical training.

Spoiler
    Show
    With 2 hits, Bic has no idea about the gang insignia. She knows it is likely not one of the predominant local gangs. Someone new is trying to muscle in on the territory with the 'shock and awe' approach.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Poor girl... Esmerelda thinks. Hey, little girl, hey, don't worry, he is just knocked out. He'll be ok.

Bix frowned at Rover. He will just fine, won't he? By the way Rover was talking, he was obviously to blame, but she wasn't sure how.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus looks around, knowing not what to say to the little girl besides "toughen up!" and he is sure that would make things worse. He then concentrate himself into removing all weapons and expensive itens from the gangers and place it on the table nearby.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will turn off Pain editor
    Perception roll to find and remove weapons, credsticks and others expensive stuffs: (8d6)[5][3][2][2][2][4][6][3](27) - 2 Hits
    I've got 3 of Intuition + 2 Perception Skill Rating + 3 for being actively looking for it.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-02 at 08:08 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rover looks at the little girl and tries saying "No, don't be afr-..." His words fade away as he realizes that his eyes are probably bloodshot and that he'd be scared of him, too.

I just wanna get out of here, I just...

He tries to heal two innocents with his magic before the pain gets to be too much. He isn't very successful; the second spell fizzles out completely, although the first on the girl's father stopped some of the bleeding. "These guys need a 'doc, need a 'doc now..."

Scared of the gas, scared of the wounds, and scared of the attention, Rover steps outside to breathe.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal Cast 1
    Rover tries to cast Force 4 Heal. Spellcasting 4 + Magic 4 + Power Focus 2 + Health spells specialization 2 – Penalties 8 =4 base dice.
    Test: (4d6)[2][6][1][4](13)
    Results: 1 Physical damage healed. Heal cannot be cast again on this set of wounds.

Heal Drain1
    Drain = (Amount Healed) -2 = Minimum of 1
    Dice for drain test = Willpower 7 + Charisma 4 = 11 dice.
    Test: (11d6)[3][6][2][2][4][3][3][6][6][1][6](42)v
    Results: No drain taken.

Heal Cast 2
    Assuming Rover doesn’t pass out from the first spell, Rover tries to cast Force 4 Heal again on the other hurt bystander. . Spellcasting 4 + Magic 4 + Power Focus 2 + Health spells specialization 2 – Penalties 8 =4 base dice.
    (4d6)[2][1][2][1](6)
    Results: Heal spell fails.

Heal Drain 2
    Drain = (Amount Healed) -2 =
    Dice for drain test = Willpower 7 + Charisma 4 = 11 dice.
    Test: (11d6)[1][3][2][6][2][1][1][6][3][2][5](32)v
    Results: No drain taken.

Rover stops sustaining Increase Willpower. Penalties down to 6.
    Last edited by Abombom; 2013-07-05 at 02:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

The little girl continues to be by her dad's side, struggling to lift her dad up onto a chair. Gordon Henderson, the bald owner, walks forward timidly, and points at Taurus. "Th....they're not ENEMIES of yours are they? Have you been out making trouble and bringing enemies into MY store?" The troll can tell the owner is just scared. "How do you plan on helping keep our customers safe hmm?" Meanwhile, Taurus finds some equipment

Spoiler
    Show
    Equipment found:
    2x Extendable Baton
    1x Knife
    1x Combat Axe

2x Ares Predator IV
    2x HK MP-5 TX

4x Lined Coat

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Bic feels her heart tear a little watching the poor girl struggle. Instinctively, she helps the little girl set her father in a sitting position. Knowing that she has nothing to add to the conversation to be beneficial, and wanting more to be on the owner's good side than the chefs, she remains silent.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus place all the weapons and itens on a table nearby and says to Gordon really calm "Never seen those ****head before, must be some sort of new gang. I swear to you that I've got nothing to do with them, you know how much I hated my old life. Also I have no ideia what they wanted here, but I will help to find out some way and to secure our clients." Taurus gets close to one of them and rip their gang insignia out and place on his pocket and then gives a weak kick on him in the chest.

Taurus is craving for some sintalcohol right now "Oh man, what a day...." he then turn around to Rover, Bic and Tych0 "Thanks for the help, things could have gone much worse than they were."
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-08 at 01:04 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Bic smiled warmly, and walked next to the big troll. All I did was turn off the lights. May if I had... she picked up one of the heavy pistols, something to keep me safe, I could have been more helpful...

Feeling how heavy it was, she set it down, away from the other supplies. Maybe sometime you should come down to the club... Tell William Helst how you saved one of his girls. He would be happy to hear it. She said coyly. He has troll girls too, if you prefer them. She added, swirling her finger around on the table.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Tych0 nods, still dazed a bit from the adrenaline rush. It had been the first time he ever fired his gun AT somebody before! He coughed again, trying to be cool, "Hey, no problem."

Finally slipping his Asp back into the waistband of his jeans, he watches Rover try to heal the diner patrons he apparently knocked out just moments before, "Yo, man, they gonna be ok? What do we do now anyways? Call the cops? An ambulance?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Bic stiffled a laugh, then shook her head. The cops? Why, you feel like getting robbed? The cops are just another gang and everyone knows it.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Another customer joins in, "And da cops are a SANCTIONED gang, so it's even WORSE! Ha!"

Gordon nods. "I believe you, Taurus. Sorry I yelled....I was just...frustrated. I just had this place painted! We don't want any more trouble. If Lonestar shows up, they might take all the attackers away and you won't be able to...interrogate them."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rover walks back in just in time to hear Taurus thank him.

He couldn't help but feel terrible about everything, regardless. "These guys needa' D-Doc-man, yeah?" He stuttered and bit down on his lips by accident, some sort of side effect and old habit of the Cram he took.

Rover hears Gordon talking about interrogation and, for a moment, thinks about the latest spell he had learned... The power to look within a mind and see everything. It was intrusive, scary, and it gave him goosebumps.

He kept quiet for now. This might've been his favorite place to fill his face, but it wasn't any of his business.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Bic said, there are four of them. Five of us. We could each interrogate one, and some group could pair up for the good cop, bad cop routine. Since the elf is the least scary looking, I could try to interrogate him... either a-l-one... she said, stressing the word, or as the good cop in a duo, if some big scary fellow wants to be bad for me.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bic, Taurus, Tych0, Rover and Gordon makes 5. She has no reason yet to not associate Gordon as any more a member of this group as anybody else yet, I guess.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"There is no reason for us to interrogate all four, let's just talk to the big ork, during the fight he seemed to be some sort of leader, so he may know a bit more. And we can say we killed the others three because they have not answered to our questions, to make him a little more easy going." Taurus seemed to have done this kind of things before, but he did not look particulary proud of that.

Taurus grabbed a Extendable Baton and the Ork's Lined Coat and is now wearing it. He also grabed the combat axe and one HK-MP 5 and gave to Gordon. "Take this and sell it should be more than enough to repaint and also give a couple of free dinners for our clients."

He grabbed the rest and rolled all on one of the lined coat. He looked to Rover and Tych0 and said "You guys want anything to not go unarmed?"

((OCC: I'm not sure if the ork is the leader, but taurus belive it. Also we can still interrogate then individualy if you guys want.))
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-07-11 at 07:46 AM.