New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Barren Wastelands Reboot (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Go ahead and roll your Negotiation + Charisma, with a +2 because they think you're hot and they want to get you privately. This is a good idea, trying to tire them out.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (6d6)[3][5][3][2][3][4](20)
    Here we go! 1 Hit. :(

Also, do I still have my cybertech? I might want to send a message to a couple people telling them the alphas are beating the crap out of each other for me, and if they wanted to start a fight after I left tonight, they'd be tired.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-10-08 at 03:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

(Are any of your tech implants? Or are your gear handheld devices?)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    All of my tech is implanted. Cyber eyes, and ears ( and mouth and nose, heads, shoulders knees and toes!) And a sim. Internal transmitter too of some sort.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You have them. The one big thing is whether you have a sub-vocalizer. If you do, you can pretty much talk all you want into it at less than a whisper, and with the fight going on no one will notice. If you don't have one, you'll need to make some stealth-type checks or find a more private place.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

*bump. points to previous post*

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus look to the Troll woman and says "You can count me in! They have donne some things to annoy me as well. Those ****ers have to pay! They are the worst kind of scum!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I use Intimidation to "incite" the crowd? not by making then fear of me, but by making then angry at the alphas.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea if I have a sub-voc or not but I should, because that was the point of getting all this built in tech.

If you allow it, I will send a message to Mr. Matrix and Taurus telling them what I see.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You do. Just substract nuyen equal to its cost, and essence too. Go ahead and type out what you wanna say to Taurus and Mr. Matrix.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

As Bic watches the fighting unfold, he speaks the command words to begin a recording of her subvocalization. To: Will Helst
    BCC: Mr. MATRIX, Taurus The Cook_
    Subject: URGT: Alphas Weakened_

Body: The Alphas are Brawling to prove who is the toughest of the lot. Beating each other senseless. Some are unconscious, some gravely wounded. Attached are my coordinates, I am with them.

Signed,
    ERROR 531

Satisfied with the message, she sends it out and continues to watch, hoping to see some big guns slaughter these gangsters. She visualizes a helicopter flying in and gunning everyone down and smiles.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Azktor View Post
    Taurus look to the Troll woman and says "You can count me in! They have donne some things to annoy me as well. Those ****ers have to pay! They are the worst kind of scum!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I use Intimidation to "incite" the crowd? not by making then fear of me, but by making then angry at the alphas.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As for inciting, this sort of roll is handled via the Leadership skill iirc. However, given the circumstances, I will allow you to roll half of your Intimidate dice (no size bonus), or your Leadership + Charisma (I think untrained is made at a -1 penalty), whichever is higher.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-10-16 at 04:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus starts to talk out loud to the crowd that they should do something about the Alphas, but in the middle of the speech he notices that he got all the atention and starts to get trouble saying something smart or even scary for then, he just keep repeting himself "WE'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ALPHAS! WE'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ALPHAS! WE'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ALPHAS!" he does not know what else to say...

Spoiler
    Show
    I will roll first and depending on the result I will do something better or worse in my "Intimidation-Incite-Speech"
    Intimidation skill 2 + Charisma 2 - 1 from penalty = 3 dices.
    Intimidation/Incite Check: (3d6)[1][1][3](5) - all right...that is a glitch, ouch.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-10-25 at 03:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - that's a CRITICAL glitch, no less. Are you going to roleplay what you said out? Oh yeah, if you want to spend an Edge to re-roll, you can do so. Better than getting a critical glitch at this plot-important juncture...
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-10-25 at 03:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    ooc - that's a CRITICAL glitch, no less. Are you going to roleplay what you said out? Oh yeah, if you want to spend an Edge to re-roll, you can do so. Better than getting a critical glitch at this plot-important juncture...
    ((I guess I will spend an edge...hmm, how would it work? I reroll just one dice? And, can I go to 0 edge - Taurus only have 1 edge.))
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-10-25 at 03:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

((You're not BURNING an edge. Spending an edge is like spending a Hero Point, except it tends to refresh every session. Spending an edge actually lets you re-roll every single failed dice. In this case, all 3 of them.))

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus notice that he is doing a bad job, he breaths some air and starts again "Now that I've got your attention, I really think we sould do something about the Alphas! They can not do whatever come to their minds! They need to respect the people! They...they must pay!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    All right, let's do it: (3d6)[1][4][5](10) - 1 hit! at least something and no glitch! I will roleplay the result again here. Edit: since it is not a leadership roll I will not be very cleaver, will try more to impact then maybe get then a little angry with the alphas
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-10-25 at 04:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Taurus can see that he is having some effect on the people. The crowd is definitely getting agitated and upset at how the Alphas are just strutting around like they already owned the place.

"We here ya! But how can we FIGHT dem bastards?"
    Still, there needs to be a focal point...a leader before the masses will mass up behind this fight. Taurus can two general options. He can try to get the people to rally around *him*, showing them that he can lead them to victory. Or he can try to gain the services of an existing gang, relying on the existing reputation of a group with street credit and brutality.

As for Bic, at the rate the fights are going, they'll be finished soon, and perhaps 2/3 of the alphas will have participated. Can she perhaps think of a way to get more people to join?

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Bic frowned at the fights that were starting to dwindle. Some of your men aren't fighting? I didn't realize the alphas had so many cowards. Some of you sure are brave, manly men, you should kick out the cowards and be a even more manly gang. You're so strong, and you have plenty of members willing to fight. I'm sure you'll be fine without so many who are too timid or weak to fight.

Bic looked annoyed at the ones she notices not fighting. The Aztecs don't have any weaklings, and they own San Fran.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, which skill you wanna roll for that? Not a bad attempt to goad them. I am AFB right now.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    None. It's just talk... I guess some sort diplomacy, or maybe con... I could add some sexual bit to make it seduction based.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to make a seduction-based Con roll, you could promise *bigger* sexual favors if more people participate.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OR refuse to service cowards.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    that works too! Go ahead and make a Con roll then.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not going to play with anyone not man enough to fight. I volunteered to come be with men, not boys who just hangout with men.

Spoiler
    Show
    (6d6)[4][3][1][6][6][2](22) con(seduction)[First Impression]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    He can try to get the people to rally around *him*, showing them that he can lead them to victory. Or he can try to gain the services of an existing gang, relying on the existing reputation of a group with street credit and brutality.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm thinking in doing both, first to make Taurus a pseudo-leader in this fight and second to spread the news to others gangs that the alphas will be attacked today, maybe some of then join us, not sure how would this work exactly.

Also, did I receive BIC message? That information could help to incite the crowd even further!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You JUST received it. Go ahead and do what you need to do to incite crowd and get the support of other gangs. although remember...you ARE trying to reduce gang violence in the area. Making use of other gangs will make it a lot easier, but may hurt your overall goals a little bit.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Taurus was about to say something to the people on the bar. When a message arrives...
    Quote Originally Posted by darklink_shadow View Post
    To: Will Helst
    BCC: Mr. MATRIX, Taurus The Cook_
    Subject: URGT: Alphas Weakened_

Body: The Alphas are Brawling to prove who is the toughest of the lot. Beating each other senseless. Some are unconscious, some gravely wounded. Attached are my coordinates, I am with them.

Signed,
    ERROR 531
    He reads it and start to smile thinking "That is our chance! It has to be tonight!" He then start saying to the people in the bar "We can do it! The alphas may be numerous but they are weak, me and a friend just take care 4 of then without a scratch! And they are desorganized, right now they are fighting each other! We can get as numerous as we they if everyone join in the fight! And we can hit them hard and fast, before they even notice us comming... Taurus make a dramatic pause and then finish saying "Everyone call your friends, your parents, everyone you know we are going there today! We are going there NOW!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Btw, somehow it sounds like I'm digging Taurus grave....I reaaaaaly hope it is not the case! And if is, that at least BIC can survive this.
    Also, should I roll something? Can I roll strength to show how strong of a leader Taurus can be? That would be great hehe

Edit: I hope I'm too out of character in that speech...Taurus should not be the best with words, but I did try to use "simple" words and phrases.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2013-10-31 at 11:58 AM.