New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Water, Earth, Fire, and Air [class]

I'd say a non-bending warrior can still finction fine in a world full of Benders (Sokka, anyone?)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

sokka dosen't function, he survives.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Well, I meant in terms of game mechanics. I mean, part of the whole point was to test out the classes.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I had an interesting idea for a campaign using the benders. Basically the backstory would go that this campaign was like 2,000 years in the future of the Avatar world. Things have evolved greatly. You still have benders, but now you also have Magic and even Psionics. The story of how that happens goes like this.

People without bending training watched benders and learned powers which they controlled a similiar way, becoming warlocks. After years of this others watching the warlocks refined the powers into more versitale spells, becoming sorcerers. Training and study brought about wizards. Some wizards worked hard to refine the powers of their minds, becoming the first psions. Now bending, magic, and psionics all have their places in the world, though magic is the most common, with bending becoming less common in the past millenia. It is still a big part of the world though. Psionics would be fairly new, so also rarer than magic.

Also, while I'm on it, people who got closer to the spirit world learned to become spirit shamans, others got closer to physical nature, becoming druids. Clerics evolved from these two groups.

I might be starting a campaign of this soon, that is if I am giving permission by the creator to use them this way?
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to play either a Northern Water Tribe warrior or a Firebender, depending on what the rest of the party chooses (I chose NWT in hopes of avoiding The Curse of Sokka, but I seem to get 1's, 2's, and 3's just as often, so I don't know how much good it will do). Can I get permission to use kanachi's Samurai class? Also, what system will you be using for ability scores?
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Katasi View Post
    I had an interesting idea for a campaign using the benders. Basically the backstory would go that this campaign was like 2,000 years in the future of the Avatar world. Things have evolved greatly. You still have benders, but now you also have Magic and even Psionics. The story of how that happens goes like this.

People without bending training watched benders and learned powers which they controlled a similiar way, becoming warlocks. After years of this others watching the warlocks refined the powers into more versitale spells, becoming sorcerers. Training and study brought about wizards. Some wizards worked hard to refine the powers of their minds, becoming the first psions. Now bending, magic, and psionics all have their places in the world, though magic is the most common, with bending becoming less common in the past millenia. It is still a big part of the world though. Psionics would be fairly new, so also rarer than magic.

Also, while I'm on it, people who got closer to the spirit world learned to become spirit shamans, others got closer to physical nature, becoming druids. Clerics evolved from these two groups.

I might be starting a campaign of this soon, that is if I am giving permission by the creator to use them this way?

I mean no disrespect but I feel I should be honest.

No. This is a bad bad bad idea. Bending isn't the result of magic. Bending isn't something you get because an ancestor got frisky with another species (Or if it is, they haven't told anyone.), but more importantly you've promptly removed all benefit of bending by introducing wizards and psions back into the mix. Lets remember that the Bending classes are still essentially diffrent kinds of warlock at the end of the day, and with wizards and psions running around no one will want to be out shined by the wizard or psion and just won't pick a bending class. Even though these bending classes are probably more powerful then a regular warlock.

But most importantly, the flavor of all the classes involved don't support that kind of idea. It would take some serious modification from the show and on the original idea you came up with to plausibly allow for an Avatar game with wizards and psions and not having it be Oriental Adventures with bending.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Bending isn't something you get because an ancestor got frisky with another species (Or if it is, they haven't told anyone.)
    Makes you wonder what really went on in those tunnels with those badger moles...

8. - Top - End - #278

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Makes you wonder what really went on in those tunnels with those badger moles...
    eww, or with the sky bisons.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

I second that. Ew. And also, Katasi, i mean no disrespect, but i don't think it's a very good idea. Bending isn't magic, although Sokka once thought it to be. Plus, from what i gather, we're trying to create a world as similar to the avatar world as possible (with the obvious changes of bending two elements) I think adding wizards and psions would throw off the balance of what we're trying to create.
    I wish I had something to put here in this empty space....

www.ultimate-reviews.net Yeah. That's 'bout it....

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Sokka Doesn't just function, he learns, he's the plan guy, the adapting fighter. He held his ground against Ty Lee who easily disabled a squadron of powerful Earthbenders.

Hey, Should we have a Ty-Lee like class? You know, one that can disable Bending, a phusical phighter with an edge over Benders?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

A Ty-Lee class would be a start, but with bending out of the way a focus on some PrC's for the poor warriors of the Avatar world might be in order. Crazed Chi-Blocking Acrobats, Knife-Throwing Goths, and Baby-Seal-Clubbing-Eskimo-Knights; the Benders shouldn't get all the fun.

It might also be worth looking into an alternate for equipment, because the lack of enchanting in the Avatar world will be a big disadvantage for the warriors, even with magic-users being replaced by a much more low-key level of power from the 'benders.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, Katarl, nice idea for a character. I might, if/when the game is made and I'm let in, make a waterbender. My question is how much a... say a Gaara-sized gourd full of water might weigh? See, I also want to get around the possible limitations an Earth or Water bender may face with not having enough of their element around, and I feel that a waterskin is not enough for an actual fight.
    Well, the game came and went, level 3 earthbender with lesser earthen wall and earthen grasp. Went well, earthen wall wasn't that useful, except for creating a little cover when you wanted to hide, but earthen grasp was great against smaller foes. Earth blast was good, very useful, and it nearly always hit, so overall the class was an excellent blend of firepower and defense, though a bit limited in scope.

A container of water of waterskin size is 4lbs, mostly water, a gaara size one is probably 4x that, since medieval waterskins are quite big. It would be enough to use since you can just re-use it if it spills. Kataara manages that way, you see. Water doesn't block you using move a rock, so thats 100ft+10ft/level you can pull earth from, so you shouldn't have a problem with ammo.
    Last edited by katarl; 2007-01-04 at 02:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by GryffonDurime View Post
    A Ty-Lee class would be a start, but with bending out of the way a focus on some PrC's for the poor warriors of the Avatar world might be in order. Crazed Chi-Blocking Acrobats, Knife-Throwing Goths, and Baby-Seal-Clubbing-Eskimo-Knights; the Benders shouldn't get all the fun.
    It really isn't necessary, though. The way I see it, Ty Lee is just a monk with maybe a specialized "takes one use of stunning fist" feat, Sokka is just a fighter who doesn't use armor, and crazy goth girl is a rouge with a ranged build and some specialized weaponry. All you'd really need to do is create feats and equipment to augment existing classes.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Disable Bending [General]
    Kain suddenly felt himself unable to move the earth around him. He couldn't defend himself as the monk who had caused him to lose his ability battered him around with her staff.
    Prerequisites: Dex 15+, Int 13+, Stunning Fist
    Benefits: By using a standard action, you may apply enough force to a pressure point to render a bender useless. Grabbing a pressure point requires an attack roll that provokes an attack of opportunity against an opponent's AC with a -4 penalty due to trying to grab a smaller area. On a successful roll, you disable the pressure point. For every pressure point disabled, a bender's ability to use forms and abilities is treated as if he is one level lower. To actually disable the bending ability entirely, you must disable an amount of pressure points equal to the opponent's bending level. If the opponent has multiple bending classes, you must decide to which class the pressure point disables.
    Special: You gain +2 on your attack roll made using this skill if you have 5 or more ranks in the tumble skill.
    Non-Benders are immune to this feat.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

...And that lasts how long?
    Work in progress.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Thats a good start to disable bending but I see a couple things wrong with it.

1. Like U said, it needs a duration.

2. The mechanic for disabling the bending itself. The first time you see a bender be disabled is after Season One when Ty Lee does it to Katara in like 4-6 hits (roughly) and by that point I hardly think that Katara is a mere 6th level bender. Not to mention it took much probably like a two full round actions to do, which would probably be impossible by your method. That would be two bending levels gone.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #287

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Thats a good start to disable bending but I see a couple things wrong with it.

1. Like U said, it needs a duration.

2. The mechanic for disabling the bending itself. The first time you see a bender be disabled is after Season One when Ty Lee does it to Katara in like 4-6 hits (roughly) and by that point I hardly think that Katara is a mere 6th level bender. Not to mention it took much probably like a two full round actions to do, which would probably be impossible by your method. That would be two bending levels gone.
    Disable Bending [General]
    Kain suddenly felt himself unable to move the earth around him. He couldn't defend himself as the monk who had caused him to lose his ability battered him around with her staff.
    Prerequisites: Dex 15+, Int 13+, Stunning Fist
    Benefits: By using a standard action, you may apply enough force to a pressure point to render a bender useless. Grabbing a pressure point requires an attack roll that provokes an attack of opportunity against an opponent's AC with a -4 penalty due to trying to grab a smaller area. On a successful roll, you disable the pressure point, and one extra pressure point for every 3 points your roll exceeds the opponents AC. For every pressure point disabled, a bender's ability to use forms and abilities is treated as if he is one level lower. To actually disable the bending ability entirely, you must disable an amount of pressure points equal to the opponent's bending level. If the opponent has multiple bending classes, you must decide to which class the pressure point disables. 1d4 pressure points return to normal for every hour since one has been disabled.
    Special: You gain +2 on your attack roll made using this skill if you have 5 or more ranks in the tumble skill.
    Non-Benders are immune to this feat.

Updated.

18. - Top - End - #288

GnomeWizardGuy

Healing Disciple
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack[br]Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Forms Known

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    Healer's Touch, Lesser Healing Forms

2nd|
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    Heal 2/day

3rd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    Stabilize

4th|
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    Heal 3/day,Moderate Healing Forms

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    Transfer Life

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    Heal 4/day

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    Major Heal 2/day

8th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |
    Heal 5/day, Greater Healing Forms

9th|
    +7
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    Purify Body 1/day, Major Heal 3/day

10th|
    +8
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    Purify Body 2/day, Heal 6/day
    |5[/table]

Hit Die:D4
    Alignment: Any (tending towards good and neutrality)
    Class Skills:Concentration, Heal, Swim
    Skill Points Per Level:2
    Prerequisites:Water Bending, Heal-10, Concentration-10, Able to use Moderate Waterbending Forms
    Special: Healing Disciple levels stack with waterbender levels to determine x/day for healing water forms. Healing Disciples my substitute Healing Water, Greater to be one of their Moderate Healing Forms if the do not already have it from waterbending.

Healers Touch- Whenever a Healing Disciple touches her hand to the chest of another person the Healer can immediatly tell and diseases that person has, as well as getting a general idea as to how close to death they are.

Heal x/day- Heals 1d8 HP

Stabilize- Sabilizes a person with 0 to -9 HP

Transfer Life- A Healer may transfer up to 5 HP per round to a person who she is touching. These HP are reduced from the Healer's own HP.

Major Heal x/day-Heals 1d12 HP

Purify Body- A healer may instantly heal one person, including themselves, to full HP, but only while that person is totally submerged in water, head included.

Lesser Healing Forms
    Detect Poison- Functions as the spell of the same name

Purify Water- Purifies 1 gallon of water

Watery Health- Gives target +1 temporary HP/PRC level. This bonus lasts for as long as the Healer can concentrate [concentration check DC 15, target must be within 10 ft/PRC level]

Moderate Healing Forms
    Healing Hand- Touched person is healed 1 HP per round.

Improved Watery Health- As Watery Health, except the target gains +2 temporary HP/PRC level, must be within 5 ft/PRC level, and DC check is 20.

Cure Wounds- Stops bleeding

Greater Healing Forms
    Greater Watery Health- As Watery Health, except the target gains +3 temporary HP/PRC level, must be within 10 ft/PRC level, and the DC check is 25.

Freeze Blood- Causes one opponent's blood to freeze, dealing 1d20 damage, Fort save for 1/2 damage, DC 20+ Healer's PRC level.

Stop Blood Flow- Stops the blood flow within an opponent's body, causing instant death unless the opponent manages a Fortitude save of DC 25+1/2 Healer's PRC level
    Last edited by Katasi; 2007-01-04 at 06:04 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    It really isn't necessary, though. The way I see it, Ty Lee is just a monk with maybe a specialized "takes one use of stunning fist" feat, Sokka is just a fighter who doesn't use armor, and crazy goth girl is a rouge with a ranged build and some specialized weaponry. All you'd really need to do is create feats and equipment to augment existing classes.
    I gotta disagree with you on that one. Her blocking bending/paralization ability might be SIMULAR to a monk's stunning fist, but everything else about her SCREAMS ninja. Just look at the way she snuck up on Katara during the battle in Omashu/New Ozai, or the jump she made from the back of that lizard when they where tracking the avatar and his friends with the tank.

20. - Top - End - #290

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaelCyndar1993 View Post
    Mephistobeth, in case you still haven't seen it, the completed M.o.t.H. is on page 7.

New class I just thought of, though really it's a joke.

Lawbender
    Requirements:
    Alignment: Non-Chaotic
    Abilities: Int 15
    Skills: Knowledge (History) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Local) 8 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Bluff 8 ranks
    Special: Must own a law book
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack
    Bonus
    |Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Take the Fifth

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Wriggle

3rd|
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Spotlight

4th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Interpretation

5th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Immunity[/table]

Take the Fifth (Ex): Starting at 1st level, a Lawbender has a basic understanding of the law, namely, his right to remain silent, freedom of speech, and the fifth amendment. (Which so happens to exist in DnD land because I say so.) When an event arises that a lawbender would unknowingly reveal information to someone he would not normally tell, (Such as when under a charm spell.) he is allowed a will save with a bonus equal to his lawbender level against the other creatures Bluff roll. If the Lawbender succeeds, no magic short of diefic might can force him to reveal said information.

Wriggle (Su): Starting at 2nd level, a Lawbender begins to learn loopholes in the system. When he is pressured or accused, he may add his Intelligence modifier as well as his Lawbender level to a Diplomacy or Bluff roll made to escape from his persecution.

Spotlight (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, even more legal knowledge courses through a Lawbender. Whenever he defends an ally from a non-physical threat, he may begin reciting text from his lawbook in a long, relentless drawl. Such talking draws the attention away from his ally, allowing the ally to perform slight movements and other actions (Such as a non-somatic spell.) Any spot or listen checks made to notice the ally are made at a -5 penalty, however those checks gain a +5 against the Lawbender.

Interpretation (Ex): Starting at 4th level, the iron bars of Justice are twisted into a spiral around the Lawbender. Whenever the Lawbender is on trial, debating, or just plain proving someone wrong, he may interpret the law to his own needs. (At the DM's discretion.) The Lawbender may make a bluff, diplomacy, or intimidate check to describe his interpretation of the law with a bonus equal to twice his Intelligence modifier.

Immunity (Su): Starting at 5th level, a Lawbender's knowledge of the inner mechanics of legality are like a blueprint available to read at any time. As such, he is immune to any persecution short of assault, theft of any object worth more than 1 cp, murder, or other large crimes considered illegal nationally. Any local crimes (Such as not praying whenever near a temple.) are not applicable to the Lawbender.
    Not sure if there is a class like this in DnD yet, but there sure is in real life. It's called law students. [though they really can't be called lawbenders, you need a second PrC for that, the Lawyers]

21. - Top - End - #291

Quote Originally Posted by Katasi View Post
    I gotta disagree with you on that one. Her blocking bending/paralization ability might be SIMULAR to a monk's stunning fist, but everything else about her SCREAMS ninja. Just look at the way she snuck up on Katara during the battle in Omashu/New Ozai, or the jump she made from the back of that lizard when they where tracking the avatar and his friends with the tank.
    Jump, hide, and move silently are all class skills for the monk. Plus she has that whole "physical and spiritual perfection" thing going. Plus, she only fights unarmed. Ninjas like the stabity stab.

Either way it's a moot point, though. I wasn't trying to discuss what Ty Lee would be, only saying that her existence really doesn't warrent the creation of new classes.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

I'm in love...

Uhh... I've been skimming the list (I want to go back and study it a bit more when i actually have time) and I agreed with Katasi's list of PrC and Base Classes, but I guess that's a good at this point.

The thing that's killing me is the Flying Bison without a swim speed. They're technically a combination of Manatee and Bison. I think when I get time I'm going to try and play creature maker... I love the animals in the Avatar world. And while the main characters don't deal with a lot of animal encounters that doesn't mean a game in the Avatar world wouldn't end up with the players running into a lot of them.
    Do not look for flashy signs or a plethora of code in my signature. I prefer my words alone to prove myself.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Aw man, PBP game is over already? ANy plans on another one? Because I'd like to do this, and I don't think that my IRL group would be up for doing this.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like Cael's Disable Bending feat. It may not be perfectly faithful to the show, but it works well and looks balanced (though a -4 penalty may be too much; how about no penalty if the target is unarmored, -2 light armor, -4 medium armor, -6 heavy armor). Also, while Ninjas are awesome and having her be one could only make her cooler, I agree that Ty Lee fits the Monk class much better than Ninja.

My take on the Spirit World:

The Spirit Fringe
    • Normal Gravity
    • Static (there is likely nothing to change anyway)
    • Mildly neutral-aligned
    • No Bending (normal spirit powers)
    The first step of any journey into the Spirit World, the Spirit Fringe is coexistant with the mortal world, but nearly completely empty of native life or objects. Like the Ethereal Plane of other worlds, anyone or anything in the Spirit Fringe is invisible, completely silent, and effectively incorporeal to creatures on the Material Plane. While Material objects seem solid to creatures in the Spirit Fringe, they cannot exert force on them, and they may make a DC 20 Wisdon check to pass though them as if incorporeal; any moving Material object that would strike the Fringe traveler, such as a person moving through their square, automaticly passes through. There is no difference in the sight, hearing or touch of Fringe travelers, they may not smell or taste Material sources, and can see other creatures on the Fringe normally. Those who reach the Spirit Fringe by seperating their spirit from their body (whether consiously or not) see their spirit form (and those of other spirit travelers) as a blueish, slightly luminescent image of themselves.
    Note: The Ghost Sight, Ghost Step (ethereal), Ghost Strike, and Ghost Walk abilities of the Ninja class access the Spirit Fringe rather than the Ethereal Plane, but are otherwise unchanged.

The Spirit World
    • Highly Morphic
    • No Bending (normal spirit powers)
    • Normal Time
    The true home of all spirit creatures, the Spirit World is an alien place to mortal visitors, and is often described as a dreamlike place by those who return from it. It has its own history and politics, which mortals often find completely incomprehensible; to understand it fully would require lifetimes of study. It is coterminous to the Material Plane and the Spirit Fringe, and every locale on the Material Plane has a corresponding area in the Spirit World. The Spirit World is in a constant, if slow, state of change, though specific areas tend to reflect the history and nature of their Material counterpart at least somewhat. Creatures with the [Spirit] subtype are able to change the environment around them by focusing their will, but only the strongest of spirits can maintain these changes for long without constant concentration; mortals find the Spirit World just as easy to change as the Material Plane, though the plane itself actively fights their efforts just as it does those of spirits. Whether by the will of extremely powerful spirits or the changing of the plane itself, areas of the Spirit Plane may differ from the norm in physical, elemental, or alignment traits other than those listed above, which are constant. Mortal travelers coming from the Spirit Fringe find themselves in copies of their material bodies, and any injury that is inflicted on either body is reflected in the other.

Spirit Feats:

Spirit Sight
    Your understanding of the Spirit World allows you to see creatures and object on the Spirit Fringe
    Prerequisites: Wis 15+, Knowledge (Spirits) 12 ranks
    Benefit: You are considered to be on both the Material Plane and the Spirit Fringe with respect to being able to perceive creatures and objects on either plane.

Spirit Walk
    You can seperate your spirit from your body and travel the Spirit Fringe.
    Prerequisites: Wis 17+, Spirit Sight, Knowledge (Spirits) and Concentration 15 ranks
    Benefit: By making a DC 30 Concentration check (you may take 10 or20 if circumstances allow) as a full-round action,your spirit may leave your body behind and travel the Spirit Fringe. You must return to your body to return to the Material Plane; if it is moved you may make a DC 20 Wisdom check to determine what direction it is in. If either your physical or spiritual body is damaged, you must make a DC 20 Will save or automaticly return to your body and the Material Plane; you may intentionally fail this check.
    Special: The Avatar receives this feat for free regardless of whether he or she meets the prerequisites.

Spirit Journey
    You have such a strong connection to the spirits that you may travel to their home.
    Prerequisites: Wis 19+, Spirit Sight, Spirit Walk, Knowledge (Spirits) and Concentration 18 ranks
    Benefit: While on the Spirit Fringe, you may make a second DC 30 concentration check to pass fully into the Spirit World. Alternitively you may make a DC 40 Concentration check to pass directly from the Material Plane to the Spirit World. While in the Spirit World, damage taken by your material body no longer returns you to it, but it is reflected in your spirit body, and when you return to the Spirit Fringe (which requires another DC 30 Concentration check or the intervention of a powerful spirit) having taken damage, you are immediately returned to your body unless you succeed at a DC 30 Will save, which you may intentionally fail.
    Special: The Avatar receives this feat for free regardless of whether he or she meets the prerequisites.

What do you think? Anyone up to statting out any spirit creatures?
    Last edited by X15lm204; 2007-01-04 at 06:30 PM.
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.

25. - Top - End - #295

Beholder

Spirit Sight
    Your understanding of the Spirit World allows you to see creatures and object on the Spirit Fringe
    Prerequisites: Wis 15+, Knowledge (Spirits) 12 ranks
    Benefit: While on either the Material Plane or the Spirit Fringe you are considered to be on both planes in respect to being able to perceive creatures and objects on either plane.
    Made a small clarifying edit.

26. - Top - End - #296

I like Cael's Disable Bending feat. It may not be perfectly faithful to the show, but it works well and looks balanced (though a -4 penalty may be too much; how about no penalty if the target is unarmored, -2 light armor, -4 medium armor, -6 heavy armor).
    I disagree with this method, the whole system screams of touch attacks, maybe you make a full attack to disable one arm, and need a certain amount of hits to fully disable it, giving the bender a steep penalty to bending, and synergizing when both arms are out to make it nigh-impossible.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

27. - Top - End - #297
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Eighth_Seraph View Post
    I disagree with this method, the whole system screams of touch attacks, maybe you make a full attack to disable one arm, and need a certain amount of hits to fully disable it, giving the bender a steep penalty to bending, and synergizing when both arms are out to make it nigh-impossible.
    Katara moves her arms, though. She claims that it wasn't because he arms were disabled, but rather because the flow of Chi through her body had been disrupted.

28. - Top - End - #298

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GryffonDurime View Post
    Katara moves her arms, though. She claims that it wasn't because he arms were disabled, but rather because the flow of Chi through her body had been disrupted.
    this is correct, when used against benders Ty Lee's Kyusho jitsu only blocks the flow of chi through their bodies, taking out their bending. It's only when she uses this skill against non-benders that she paralizes them.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

So far, I love all the ideas and the classes, I've been wracking my brain off and on over the last few months as to how to make benders and thier respective prc's into dnd.... and I'm really grateful that you guys did that for me... though I do have questions and comments...
    1) Personally, I think all benders should have the improved unarmed strike class ability (whatever the monk gets)... As most them seem to be basically monks that have mastered an element or so... or rather traded out monk abilities for these quasi-warlock abilities. Don't know if that would make them over-powered or not...
    2) How would these classes fare against wizards and sorcerors? Is there a possibility to take these out from it's context world and put into a more generic DnD game? It would seem that if built correctly, benders are greatly more powerful than a few caster classes, but immensely weaker than a select few...I'd pretty much like to see if benders can compete with them in any respectable level.
    3) An interesting aspect about the show is that it has open ideas on how powerful benders get... I personally like and think that the waterbenders are the most powerful set of benders... due to the fact that water is about 70% of the body... any control of that can lead to interesting things... Personally I think that there would be PrC's or even Epic classes like the "Puppetmaster" with the ability to control other people's bodies or something across a waterbender with a knack for thermokinetics being able to boil your blood or dessicate you... Another would be a waterbender able to mix chemicals to form potions to poisons... Eh, these are just some thoughts though...
    4) lastly can I get premission to use these in a game I'm thinking of running?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aw man, PBP game is over already? ANy plans on another one? Because I'd like to do this, and I don't think that my IRL group would be up for doing this.
    Eh? This was ordinary dnd, played at my house, not online. Why would you think it was PBP?

I agree, she did take out the heavily armoured 'Terra Force' (great name). It seems she can disable both bending and normal movement, i assume bending's easier to disable.