New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Mortal World II

(School)

Katsuo blinks in surprise at the revelation, but as a second passes it's not that surprising. The man certainly seemed to have a mentor's knack.

(Cathedral of the Trifold Eye)

Alexandra looks to those entering, but doesn't partake in the breakfast cart. She stands up from her notes, taking a center point in the room.

"I am going to skip formalities as usual, and jump right to the purpose of this meeting. It is obvious the shinigami are aware of our plans. Clovis has informed me of some difficulties they are facing, but once I am finished speaking he can elaborate."

"Our issues are threefold. One, we need a plan for how to approach the next tomb. Two, there is another facility that has apparently sunk to the floor of the ocean that appears to have no place in the normal hierarchy. And three, according to the primitive computing systems below, the tomb that was possibly holding the Queen has been breached already, it is possible the shinigami may have found and removed her, or worse. Though honestly I doubt even in a weakened state that they could dispose of the Queen." She takes a short pause.

"With that, Clovis?" Sitting back down, Clovis now has the floor!
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Cathedral of the Trifold Eye

Screw the floor. Clovis hops on the table and begins pacing.

"Very well. I will be brief."

He throws aside a fifty-page notebook.

"The arrancar city of Las Noches is governed by the Vasto Lorde Jehoel Yurius, he will say he isn't the ruler of it, but tomato, potato, as the saying goes."

"Jehoel made a funny offer to the shinigami. Peace, cooperation, friendship. Gave them a week to accept or not, said week is almost done. My guess? They will take it, and then break it in two months, tops. In the while, they probably have all sorts of crap to deal with. Sedition, internal dissent, whatever bull they have been brewing for the last one and a half millennia, whatever led two of their leaders to try one-man attacks on a city, us, I also heard some stuff about the old boss among their ranks, and if she is as cuckoo as last we saw her, then by all means, lady Lucaster is being forced to have a tea party right now, with little dolls and with pink plastic cutlery. Maybe even a larva wearing a yellow ribbon."

And he is off on a tangent.

"It honestly couldn't be more perfect if His Highness were mind controlling half of these people."

"So, order of business. How will we make this whole thing go even more down the drain for them, before Jehoel's timer expires, and get Vanessa out while they have their black dresses in the washing machine?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

School

Sora walks alone to school, and whistles as he moves. There's a grin on his face, and he seems lighter than air.

He gets to The School early today, and his smile widens as he enters, all sharp teeth and terrifyingly pointy.

Pulling his bag off his shoulder with a sigh, he pulls out an alarmingly large amount of papers, and waltzes into the front office, putting it in front of the secretary's desk.

"Honestly," she says, her voice amused despite the frustration Sora causes her, "Couldn't you just show up? Sure, you do the work but it's so tiresome to deal with this everyday, Shiki-san."

His eyes twinkle and he winks, turning with a grin. "Sorry, jes wouldn' be as much fun, yanno?"

School was sure to be interesting today, at least for Sora.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thomas sips his mug of tea, his brow furrowed as he mulls over what they can do.

"If they are truly in the state of...confusion...that you put forth, it seems to me that now is the time to strike at Vanessa's tomb. Gaining another Knight is critical before we storm Soul Society. We should move quickly to that Tomb.

However...
    "

He looks at each of the Knights in turn, his face thoughtful.

"Perhaps we can try to take care of 2 birds with one stone? What if Imhotep goes to the sunken location to scout it out, and even start un-sinking it. Meanwhile, the rest of us go to Vanessa's tomb.
    We make the move on Vanessa's tomb as a two-pronged strike, with....Oscar and Vincenzo making a huge racket close, but not too close, to the tomb, while Alexandra, myself, and Clovis breach the tomb and extract Vanessa.

Clovis takes Vanessa to the basement here to help her begin and/or finish her Arrancar transformation, while myself, Alexandra, Oscar, and Vincenzo move to assist Imhotep in extracting...whatever is at the sunken city.
    "

He smiles and shrugs.

"It has risks, but it plays to the strengths of all involved, nets us 2 finds in 1 day, and best of all, it has enough things happening the Shinigami are unlikely to be able to react to all of it.

If, in the worst case, a group goes after Imhotep while he is alone, he can simply stop un-sinking the island, and they will have to worry about crashing walls of water, while he can quickly escape via Garganta. If they don't go after him until we are there, well. I think we've seen we're capable of holding off Shinigami forces, yes? The key is speed, surprise, and coordination.
    "

5. - Top - End - #365
    Orc in the Playground

Alexandra listens silently as Thomas speaks, tapping a finger on her cane as she thinks it over. With the breath in conversation, she speaks.

"...Very good. But I believe I will make an addendum. However, it may be in the best interest to limit sharing the particulars. If it is performed successfully, then I believe we will gain more than just the next knight to our cause."

She stands, making a sweeping gaze over the group. "Nonetheless, this is a sound course of action. Does anyone else have any proposals?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Mortal World II

[School]

As Sora enters the building, an unremarkable passer-by, seemingly having been reading a book on a nearby bench, looks up. Waiting until the pointy-teethed youth has entered the school, the stranger notes something down on a notebook hidden within the book's pages. No other students arriving, sans the other Empowered Mortals, seem to earn any attention from this onlooker.

[Museum - Current Day]

Rin sits at the front entrance of the museum, occasionally looking up to keep an eye on the few visitors this early. Her attention primarily held by a tablet PC, frantically looking through webpages and eBooks.

"Must be something about them, others saw them too..."

The security guards mumbles to herself, seemingly a bit unnerved. For a change, both her eyes are visible.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Somewhere in Tokyo

Tamaki internally groans as the Puppeteer spawns more of the abominations that had been trying to apprehend them earlier. He hated minion spam. Seeing that the unknown man was going to let this get violent Tamaki no longer had to worry about offending him. Tamaki holds up his right arm as the Vulcan's spin to life to fire on the Hollow, if this unknown man was as powerful as he thought he was (and there was a 98.5% certainty that he was) he didn't has to check his fire to much as the bullets wouldn't harm the man greatly. He left arm wielded the Adjudicator in order to fend off any minions that got too close.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Orc in the Playground

Alexandra nods slightly at the lack of response, then pauses. "...Is Namikaze at the school? Feh. There is more important work to be done now. But I suppose it can give us a short time to prepare. He has proven himself useful, we may as well use all our cards."

With that, she hands the part of her notes about the tomb of storms to Thomas. "I would also like, if you can manage, some stray pages for a selection of barriers and protections, I do not have specific requests so use your intuition."

Then, on to Imhotep with the sparse notes on the sunken facility. "If you cannot raise it, perhaps if things go as planned I may be able to assist you." There is an air of mystery about this comment!

She makes for the door, and pauses. "If any of you would like me to create a 'potion' for you, you are free to request as much while I am preparing, but I will leave within the hour for my... other preparations. I will join you when it is time to leave for the tomb."

Alexandra departs, to make last-minute abjuring liquids!

Tomb of Storms - Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    The facility is situated near the peak of a mountain in the himalayas. The ambient temperature is regulated internally, but the systems are outdated and are likely either broken or aged out of use. The tomb itself is similar to others, if slightly smaller, but it seems to generate unnatural storms due to the inhabitant, but that seemingly just powers the multiple redundant systems to bind the captive.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #369

Somewhere in Tokyo

As Mikael leaps at The Hollow...the blow connects! The Puppeteer's mask shatters into a thousand pieces, and The Puppeteer vanishes in a wisp of yellow smoke.
    (Sorry, Tamaki, but Mikael beat you to it.)

But The Puppeteer's hat was still there (but slowly vanishing), as are the twelve 'dolls'. (Well, there were thirteen, but one of the ones on his finger vanished along with him). That leaves the one still hanging onto Mikael for his poor dear life, the five who are being fended off by Tamaki, and the other six who recently decided to try to stand on their own.

Suddenly, every single one of them has a matching purple hat, and a white painted face with huge smiles.

Tamaki, who is currently in combat with them, will notice that they are now fighting less like sickened zombies and more like angry gangsters.

Ikari
    Residential Area
    (~ yesterday)

Miya responds to him as he leaves. "Goodbye, see you at school tomorrow."

School

Miya arrives at school, as well. Whoo-hoo! She's not late this time, but she is a little tired. She feels sorry for ditching class the day before, as she settles into the routine of going to class and daydreaming about wrestling rings with monster-ghost-things in them.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Due to the Hollow vanishing, the only thing left for the hot plasma to hit is Mikael. Ow ow OW! Stop it! The bullets don't even burn holes to his fatigues (what is that uniform made of?), but that doesn't stop the man from feeling the heat. Or the impact of a dozen or so minigun bullets hitting his sore body.

Mikael rolls on the ground in pain for a while, inadvertently crushing the soul hanging from him a couple of times. Though said soul probably got its share of fire as well... and likely didn't take it half as well.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

Imhotep takes a glance at the notes and turns his gaze back at Alexandra.

"..."

With that, he rises from his seat and walks into a garganta.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Somewhere in Tokyo

Tamaki is glad that his face is not visible as the Red Joker or man would he have egg on his face. So apparently this great power had a lot of offense but not much defense. Well on the bright side he got the minion that was on his back off of him as he said, "Sorry, not used to Hollow's going down with one shot like that." Tamaki then notices that the movement of the 'dolls' has shifted as he says urgently, "Look alive." As he brings his right hand Vulcan to bear as he fires once more at the 'dolls' that were coming at him.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-08-30 at 04:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Alexandra nods slightly at the lack of response, then pauses. "...Is Namikaze at the school? Feh. There is more important work to be done now. But I suppose it can give us a short time to prepare. He has proven himself useful, we may as well use all our cards."

With that, she hands the part of her notes about the tomb of storms to Thomas. "I would also like, if you can manage, some stray pages for a selection of barriers and protections, I do not have specific requests so use your intuition."

Then, on to Imhotep with the sparse notes on the sunken facility. "If you cannot raise it, perhaps if things go as planned I may be able to assist you." There is an air of mystery about this comment!

She makes for the door, and pauses. "If any of you would like me to create a 'potion' for you, you are free to request as much while I am preparing, but I will leave within the hour for my... other preparations. I will join you when it is time to leave for the tomb."

Alexandra departs, to make last-minute abjuring liquids!

Tomb of Storms - Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    The facility is situated near the peak of a mountain in the himalayas. The ambient temperature is regulated internally, but the systems are outdated and are likely either broken or aged out of use. The tomb itself is similar to others, if slightly smaller, but it seems to generate unnatural storms due to the inhabitant, but that seemingly just powers the multiple redundant systems to bind the captive.
    Thomas looks over the notes thoughtfully.

"I'll see what I can cook up. I'll try to make sure they can stand up to a bit of rain.

As for potions, I'd like to request some that could give me some enhanced strength and durability, as well as resistance to electricity, and perhaps a bit of healing power. I am anticipating a worst-case scenario where my Pages are useless and I must rely on Words and my more general Fullbringing.
    "

The Mad Preacher passed the notes around if anyone wanted them.

14. - Top - End - #374

Somewhere in Tokyo

You're completely right, the one attached to Mikael was completely creamed. Just like the hollow, that one vanishes in a puff of smoke.

Tamaki takes out four more of the ones around him using his stray shots, and they also vanish.

However, the remaining seven all grow larger and taller as time goes on - they almost double in size. Soon, Tamaki's shots no longer affect the one that's still attacking him - and it continuously get faster and faster.

Meanwhile, three of the ones that were doing nothing before now start attacking Mikael. One starts to run at him as fast as he can, the second tries to circle around back, and the third one...throws his purple hat at Mikael, and it moves much like a boomerang, for some reason.

I guess I'm just glad that they haven't broken out in song and dance, yet.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

As Alexandra turns for the meeting room's door, it slams open in front of her. Standing in the doorway is a bedraggled and apparently sleep-deprived Isabelle.

"Not this time. Not this time vous bâtards. You are not leaving me avec les enfants again while you go save some more knights!"

She pauses and blinks at the aforementioned Arrancar that are still in the room.

"Oh. Bonjour, monsieurs. I did not see you there."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

[Somewhere in Tokyo]

It's not that the man lacks defense. It's just that most of it was spent warding off an artillery strike or three a few days back. It would have been really nice of Hakuto Kenzan to share that detail with his associates.

As the purple hat flies towards him, Mikael's hand instinctively reaches to catch it. With a crushed hat at hand, the man stumbles up... only to have one of the puppets crash at him. Ouch. Angered, the man redirects its momentum and throws it against the one trying to sneak on his back. Puppet collision ahoy.

Not really sure what to do about the third, Mikael flings the hat back at it.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2013-08-30 at 04:37 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post

As Alexandra turns for the meeting room's door, it slams open in front of her. Standing in the doorway is a bedraggled and apparently sleep-deprived Isabelle.

"Not this time. Not this time vous bâtards. You are not leaving me avec les enfants again while you go save some more knights!"

She pauses and blinks at the aforementioned Arrancar that are still in the room.

Thomas slowly turns to face his adopted daughter.

He says nothing, but simply raises an eyebrow at her sudden appearance and rather...vehement...protest.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Alexandra pauses, giving a flat look at Isabelle for a moment.

"Very well. Make your preparations, we leave later in the day. If I had known Thomas set you to childcare duty, I would have seen you would come on an earlier siege. Granted, it is only recently that our opposition has been of note."

With that, she exits the room past Isabelle, her cane tapping against the floor.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    (School)

Katsuo blinks in surprise at the revelation, but as a second passes it's not that surprising. The man certainly seemed to have a mentor's knack.
    "Alright, settle down, all of you." Hasunaga spoke as he entered the room.

"Due to a number of circunstances, I have been appointed to be this class's homeroom teacher. I will also be teaching you all Japanese this year. I hope we can all get along and I don't need to snipe at anyone with chalk. Pleased to meet you all."

Instantly the room is abuzz with murmuring. "Aw man, not the Old Snake! I hear his tests are killer!" "I wonder how he lost that eye?" "I heard he's old enough to have fought during World War II."

As Hasunaga cleared his throat, the students around Katsuo suddenly stopped, as if mouses caught staring at a particularly large, grinning cat.

"We better get started on today's lesson."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thomas glances at the Knights present, then stands, walking to the doorway where Isabelle stands. His face is calm, but there is a hint of...well, not anger, but perhaps chastisement, in his eyes.

"Walk with me, Isabelle."

Uh-oh. Not a request. He's probably less than perfectly happy. He moved out into the empty-but-clean bulk of the still-developing Cathedral. It had been perhaps a week, 10 days since they'd first come to this city, so it was unsurprising that much remained to be done. Thomas guided their path to an empty corner of the Cathedral...

School

Chuck watches everything with a lazy grin and his hat tilted a bit to one side, though Hasunaga would be able to easily tell he was paying attention and taking notes.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Somewhere in Tokyo

Tamaki sweats in his armor as he calls to Mikael, "I think we might need something drastic for the last one. Got any ideas? Cause my bullets are just about useless right now."

School

Tamaki was in class right on time. He raises an eyebrow at the new homeroom teacher but other than that doesn't react. Hasunaga would note that Tamaki seems to rarely take notes but is definitely paying attention. Should he pass out any class work or tests he would note that Tamaki aced every one of them with ease.

22. - Top - End - #382

School

Sora, on the other hand, is fashionably late.

As he waltzes in fifteen minutes after the bell, he gives a small wave to the teacher and class, his wide shark grin growing as voices wash over him.

"Oh man, he's back?"

"Ugh, I still owe him money from a few weeks..."

"...can't believe what he gets away with, just 'cause his mom's on the Board..."

"Heard he's top of the class again! Hello world, have you heard of 'fairness'?!"

Slouching into a seat in the back, Sora stretches his back, his eyes flash towards Hasunaga, and his grin grows even more.

"S'been a while since summin competent's been at the fron'... Izzat why ma asked me to come back?"

His voice is barely a whisper, and he speaks his words to himself, his hands idly spinning the pencil on top of them.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2013-08-30 at 08:34 PM. Reason: sora is not namichan

23. - Top - End - #383

[School]

Naito, as always, arrives earlier than most of the rest of the class, taking a seat in the darkest part of the room, far from the windows. As Hasunaga finishes introducing himself, the youth raises a hand. Hasunaga may note that the hat Naito is currently wearing is against school regulations.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Orc in the Playground

So's Hasunaga's eyepatch, and the gray armband on the right side of his suit. Which means he's apparently willing to let that slide.

He points towards Naito's hand.

"Yes, Tetsuhiko-kun."

He tore a one-eyed glare towards Sora, however, for a brief moment.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

(School)

Katsuo blinks a bit as Hasunaga is back to his quite literally old self, but he keeps his head down, as is his custom, as he has done since people began to gather in the class, only giving a slight nod to Naito, Chuck, and Tamaki.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #386

[School]

Naito considers his next words carefully, then decides "screw it."

"Chalk...sniping...?"

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

One piece of chalk goes flying insanely fast a mere inch away from the pencil Sora is spinning. It practically explodes into the wall behind in a poof of dust, a little smoke rising.

The classroom goes silent at the display.

"Yes."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School]

Chuck's hand is in the air so fast you'd think it moved at light-speed. When called upon, he will speak with great respect. His expression is one of awe and admiration.

"Can...can you teach me how to do that?"

29. - Top - End - #389

[School]

Naito watches the display calmly.

"Cool. Just wanted to clarify."

30. - Top - End - #390

Sora watches the chalk without flinching, his lips twitching as it explodes nearby.

"Oy teach, y'all best be watchin' where yer throwin'. Someone might get hurt."

With a flick of his wrist, his pencil roars back, all the way to the left of the chalkboard, so fast that if it hits, it would explode into a hundred little pieces.

"Really though teach, aren't cha teaching us some bad life lessons 'ere? 'S'alright to throw things at people to get their attenchin' is sorta first grade innit?"