New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World II

[Soul Society]
    (SSI Chamber)

The part of the grounds Chouko set up in are not exactly packed at this point, but there is a sizable crowd nonetheless. Most shinigami had actual things to do after all. But, the show could not be delayed anymore.

Chouko whips into a sudden frenzy of expertly performed record scratches, and while flicking the crossfader with her other primary hand, she grabs a microphone with a secondary arm, whipping into a flurry of words one could only truly understand with significant exposure to her.

"Yo, ladies and gentlemen, I know what you've been waiting and betting and dreading and secretly hating on with all your might, but without further ado the DJ's steppin' down from the rhythm to kill it and spill it and quite possibly drill it what's goin' down for this fight." She nimbly hops over the equipment, strolling into the open area set for the main event.

"Some of you might be thinkin', there's no way someone so young and reckless could be such a genius, but every time someone says that I prove'em wrong, 'cause that's how Takenaka time works. In case you don't have the Takenactionary, that is my term for 'showing haters what's what'." There is thankfully no actual Takenactionary. How would that even work in japanese?

"But enough foolin'. Ya see, my entire life has been leading up to this point, and I don't plan on dissapointin', so let's not delay introducin' my dance partner. Sakadatsu, come on out!" Holding the blade on her back for a moment and concentrating, a smoky trail of phantasmal debris trails from the sword towards an empty space, swirling around until it forms a ball. Nothing can be seen inside as it spins, but eventually, with a crack like glass and the fracturing of metal, something large breaks out.

A beast easily twice the size of a large elephant rears up to its full height, a grand creature in the shape of a great baboon, with the upper musculature of a gorilla, and four great arms. Melded into its flesh in places are plates of metal, but largely its body is its own, a great, brown-furred monstrosity.

Sakadatsu grunts as he looks at the crowd.

"Yo! Sakadatsu! Still feelin' sore about this whole thing? May as well tell the folks what you think, I've heard it plenty from you." Chouko grins, flexing her fingers.

The great ape speaks, his voice greater than Chouko's even with the speakers. It is a great, wise resounding tone, much more controlled than the robotic engineer herself. "...You are an attention-seeking fool."

"Awww, don't be like that. You wouldn't come out if you didn't agree with me somehow, or think I was ready, right?"

"You are not ready."

"You standing there kinda disproves that, come on now, be honest."

"Very well. I will be honest. You are not ready."

"C'mon, all the haters in my life and you gotta be like that? I thought we were in this together!" Despite her words, Chouko hasn't lost her grin.

"We are. You have much more potential than you are showing currently. You possess great knowledge and strength for your age, but you are still an irresponsible child. You are not ready to control my full power in battle, and you are not fit to lead anything. Perhaps one day, you might. But today is not that day."

Chouko... is actually silent for a few moments. "...Then why'd you come out?"

"Because while words are powerful, I have taken it upon myself to show you that you are not ready, and turn this immature stunt against you." Sakadatsu bares his teeth threateningly.

The engineer lets a wry smile loose. "...So I'm not ready, but you'll fight me? You're a weird guy." She looks back to Samson. "But if we're really doin' this either way, I need some beats! Samson, kick it up!"

The mechanical cat jumps to the DJ booth, prompting a track switch as Chouko turns back with a full grin, flexing confidently and taking a ready stance against her foe.

"All right then, buddy, whenever you-" Sakadatsu roars before she's even finished speaking, leaping over and grabbing her comparatively tiny frame like a rag doll, and smashing her against the ground repeatedly and brutally. The equipment on the booth falls with the tremors, the music coming to an abrupt stop as Chouko is slammed once more into a crater of twisted metal and broken ground.

The ape calmly strolls away and sits opposite Chouko after this sudden outburst like nothing happened. "I have done as little lasting harm as necessary. Your foolishness should be reprimanded, but to disable you fully would also be irresponsible of me in this time. If you truly value your worth to your comrades, you will not stand up."

Chouko can hardly hear this through the ringing in her ears. Her visor is nearly snapped, the cracks making it hard to see but still vaguely functional.

>primary limbs functioning at 0% capacity
    >secondary limbs functioning at 55% capacity
    >ambulatory limbs functioning at 65% capacity
    >body scans show fracturing in 5 ribs
    Chouko does not move, say anything, or even really think anything. For a pure moment, she is legitimately ashamed of doing this.

Then, she utters forth a simple, somewhat unusually vulnerable and feminine sounding (for her), "...ow..."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Michael Harada had gotten his second skewer from the robotic cat, and all but devoured it. The peppers were just right, and somehow, the flame breath had actually made it all even better.

He'd raised an eyebrow at not only the form, but the personality of the sword spirit. He could well testify to the odd....not opposite nature of a sword spirit, but certainly its different attitudes and perspectives. He managed not to twitch as his own sword sent a microscopic bolt of lightning into his hand; at this point such a thing only "tickled", but it was the way of things.

When the large spirit grabbed her, he dropped the skewer in shock, though his face didn't show it.

When he saw her condition in the crater, he was suddenly standing next to it, peering down at her prone, damaged form. His face was, very slightly, showing concern. For Harada, public emotion like that was rare, and part of him was annoyed at damaging his mystique. But a friend was hurt, no time for that.

"Blast. Listen to your sword, Chouko. Lesson learned, and don't get up. We need a medic here."

He glanced at a nearby junior research who just happened to be one of his subordinates. Said researcher gave off a sound like the squeaking of a mouse and hurriedly withdrew a reiphone, quickly placing a call to Medical&Logistics. Michael's attention was already on Chouko.

"Stay put. We'll get a medic to patch up your flesh. You and Samson shall have to work on your metal. And if you try to get up I'll slap a Kido on you so fast your last 10 years will feel it simultaneously."

The look on his face suggested she should neither try to get up, nor comment on the absurd impossibility of that statement.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

Hideki flinches at the display, that hurt to watch.

Unlike Harada, he keeps his mystique because he has the sense to wear a fully enclosed helmet.

But like Harada, Hideki is quickly at the edge of the crater.

"I think she needs a mechanic more than a medic, if my scans aren't getting any interference. But we can probably work some kaido to help her at this point."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Las Cuevas de la Muerte

"They thought of that of course," Alicia said. "The walls are rigged with reishi mines in case someone tries to brute force through. Most likely not fatal to any of us, but it would bring the whole labyrinth down which would make this much slower."

"And I don't think we could use that to box them in either, since I am pretty sure there is an escape route I am not aware of."
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Las Cuevas de la Muerte

Creon can't help but think about how long it must have taken to build the doors and the labyrinth within even without all these security measures, so why were they only being sent to clean this place out now.
    "Well since we only have one path forward why don't you lead on."

6. - Top - End - #456

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It takes Setsurou a moment to adjust. Slowly he sits back up and tests his senses, one by one.

"Unique is a very apt way to put this. Don't think I've ever come close to experiencing anything remotely like it."

As he got back on his feet, Setsurou made sure to do it slowly, to check his balance.

"Even if I'm not entirely certain I would call this... art, there isn't really any other word that comes close to describing it. Thank you for showing me this."

He peers over at Inmaculada.

"I have a question, though. What do you make out of the memories you receive?"

He fidgets slightly, considering for a moment. "I feel as though I should repay you with a display of my own."
    [Las Noches]
    Inmaculada's Chamber

Inmaculada is now leaning over the dais, using it to support herself. She isn't risk of falling over, but she is clearly drained.

"The memories have two uses. For the first, they give me a complete perspective to work with. I can create a scene entirely with my own imagination, but it is easier and feels more real to modify what I have been given or seen with my own eyes. My true art, of course, comes after the senses have all been detached, but I must ease the subject into a state where they can perceive it without being overwhelmed. For the second, they allow me to tailor my performance to the individual by giving me a glimpse of their mind. No two displays are alike, each created from the knowledge gleaned from the memory and my own imagination."

Inmaculada, somewhat recovered, straightens up and cocks her head to the side when Setsurou makes his offer.

"If that is what you wish, then I agree."

Spoiler
    Show

And the forum ate my first post. Fantastic.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2013-08-08 at 06:11 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

"Give me a moment while I set things up."

Setsurou picks a location with a reasonable amount of space and backs away a little.

"Bakudou 32: Teiou no Takarabako."

Clapping his hands together, the Shinigami creates a small, black sphere. He pushes his hand into it, and as it comes out, he pulls a number of inkpots as well as a small, folding shelf out of it. In addition, small, metal, pin-like strips of metal of different shapes and lengths are placed aside.

He sets them aside on the shelf, then removes the upper part of his shihakusho. From one of the folds, he removes a blindfold, and closes his eyes before tying it.

He pulls a number of brushes seemingly from nowhere, and crosses his arms in front of him.

"Sen-E Bijutsu: Kaiten Ashura."

Then, he tosses his brushes upwards.

What follows is something that defies logic on several accounts. Setsurou's arms begin to move at a speed that would be considered, by many, both insane and monstrous. The visual effect resembles the creation of several actual arms out of his sockets. The brushes seemingly disappear from the air as they are picked seemingly at random, dipping into the inkpots and brushing, apparently, at the air.

And the ink stops in midair, as if commanded to do so. Even the tiniest droplets that would have been wasted or splattered elsewhere are caught in the air on the return trip of the brushes. This continues for some time as what looks like a tridimensional painting slowly takes shape almost as if out of thin air. None of the brushes ever drop lower than Setsurou's waist. It's almost as if they float in the air, guided only by his will, but there is no flow of Reiatsu into them, nothing that could hold them up. If one cares to pay attention, those thin little strips of metal also begin to disappear one by one.

By the time he's finished, the inkpots are empty. Setsurou catches all of the brushes and tucks them away into "nothingness" with a slight flourish.

The end result looks like a colorful statue of a winged woman in a toga holding her hand up as if to shield her eyes from a bright light, while her other hand holds a plate with three small, round spheres. Her face holds an expression of shock, her mouth agape.

Setsurou removes the blindfold and proceeds to tuck his instruments away, then re-dress himself.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2013-08-08 at 07:53 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Li's lets out a dry chuckle. "Yes, well, about that... from what I've found, it looks likely Izanagi-sama personally ordered Karakuri Ningyō to research artificial souls. The Hollow I'm talking about was likely trapped here to facilitate said research. Military implications of such project would be considerable." The water having heated, the commander pours hot water into the cup.

"He kept it in secret, too. To what end, I do not know. Maybe he was ashamed. Maybe he intended to restart that plan in all silence. He didn't tell me - I stumbled upon this information on accident, due to actions of an unknown, hostile party. I have chosen to continue his research, however. To see what directions it can be taken to." Li adds tea into the cup.

"So yes, I am his successor. In both good and evil. The question is, knowing this, do you actually want to help me? Or did you know beforehand?" The commander takes a sip from the cup.
    "There's a lot of things I know but for the sake of Soul Society would rather not mention. Things like this should stay buried however if you are certain that it will work and cannot be deterred from your path I will make no move to stop you. I will however, not place my hand in it or against it. Your will is your own." Saruhiko replies though his tone indicates a rather deep frown. "I merely wish you wouldn't."

9. - Top - End - #459

[Las Noches]
    Inmaculada's Chamber

There is enough room in the chamber itself for Setsurou to work. Jehoel slides the door open to provide more light for the Shinigami to work with before settling in to watch. When Setsurou finishes, there is complete silence. Jehoel, notably, is completely suppressing his reaction, rather than allowing the slightest bit of humanity through as he has in the past. In truth, this is in order to prevent himself from laughing. Inmaculada, for her part, smiles in amusement.

"Jehoel?"

At her word, Jehoel steps to her side, and extends a hand. She takes it, and the Shinigami can see the transfer of memories occur just as it did with Setsurou. Inmaculada's face breaks into a smile.

"Such skill! There are none here who could match such a performance with the limits of a human body. And your sculpture...it is lovely."

With practiced ease, Inmaculada slides around the dais to where the statue sits on the floor. Giving the paints just enough time to dry, she kneels and gently slides delicate fingers over the surface of the sculpture.

"It is a fine work. Thank you."

As Setsurou has probably figured out, Inmaculada is blind. Which makes it rather odd that her room is so intricately carved.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2013-08-08 at 08:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

"You're welcome. Although I do have to correct one small detail."

Setsurou steps up to the statue and takes one of the small spheres in his hand.

"It's not a sculpture."

He placed the sphere against the mouth of the statue and pushed gently.

The statue's mouth slid open, allowing the sphere to pass through.

And then a short, melancholic melody began to play.

"It's a music box."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #461

[Las Noches]
    Inmaculada's Chamber

Inmaculada's head tilts to the side as she listens to the music, her hand shifting to the recess of the missing sphere, rubbing it thoughtfully.

"I underestimated you, Shinigami. I have not seen the like of your skills before, in this realm or any other. And your mind...who are you?"

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

"Just a man with an ambition, miss. Nothing more, and nothing less."

He reached for Inmaculada's hand and kissed it in true gentlemanly fashion. And then he re-donned his tophat.

"It's as much knowing me as it will get. What fun is it to have the puzzle solved for you?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463

[Las Noches]
    Inmaculada's Chamber

Inmaculada stands and smiles.

"I had hoped for a name, but perhaps Jehoel can tell me later. May you survive."

The words are spoken in a formulaic manner, like a traditional benediction.

"I believe that concludes our business here. Thank you, Inmaculada."
    "Of course."

This said, Jehoel holds the door open for the Shinigami before passing through himself.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, that was definitely interesting." Setsurou spoke up as they exited the building. "I thank you again for the opportunity, Jehoel."

As they stepped back outside, Setsurou motioned with his shoulders and neck to relax a little bit. It looks like whatever he did in there put a little cramp on his joints.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Internal Security Prison A1: Level 13 - Hell of Disobedience)

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Underneath Internal Security Headquarters, the sprawling prison for those not quite vile enough for the Maggot's Nest, yet still deserving of long-term incarceration laid out like a maze. One could not say how many levels there are. As is standard, each cell was warded with sekkisekki, each prisoner stripped of their power with the material, and forced into solitude, most for all of their days. Suicide, or the attempts thereof, were common, but materials to do so were scarce. The bedding was thin and easily ripped, so one could not hang themselves. Utensils, tools, and the like were given on a circumstantial basis. If you were sent here, you died here when you were old and gray, and no earlier.

Momoka looks around to the small cell. It was by no means roomy, but she had it to herself. A bed, a basin for clean water to wash, a latrine. Blank walls. All one needed. The ex-SSI member had been mild enough, so she gained some special privileges. Like the notebooks she was sparingly given. She opens one, indicated 'date journal'.

She looks to the last day noted. 11,299. That would make today 11,300. Keeping track was simple, she woke up at the same time every day. Routine was all that existed down here. She looks to the door, a tray of food, with a piece of bread and some water. They learned to stop bringing the meat, she would just turn her nose up at it, and she was conservative and weak enough to not require much during the day.

Yep. Nearly 32 years now. Little more than 100 since that day she'd dreamed about. She'd heard of some kind of chaos upstairs, she was not yet given specifics, however.

She lets loose a sigh, nibbling on the bread and sipping on the water as she opened another notebook, occupying her mind as she attempts to write poetry. The collection she'd gathered by now would probably sell decently to those who appreciated the art.
    This day is going to be a different than the last ten thousand or so. Before the lights are put out for night, an officer from internal security arrives at her cell. There is knocking on the door to inform the prisoner someone has come. Then, a shutter on the door is opened, and the officer peers in from the small hatch.

"Kobayashi, Momoka. Punished for trespassing, felonious thievery and attempt at high treason. Sentence: imprisonment for life."

"Based on amendment #1124 concerning life prisoners when Seireitei is under martial law, your case is to be reviewed to check if it possible to mitigate your sentence through partial return to service. Reason: exemplary behaviour for 30 years and counting."

"You are being offered a chance to resume research on Kido. Theoretical research only. Useful contribution will be rewarded with better accommodations and possible further reviewing of your case."

"Are you interested?"

---

[Soul Society]
    (Alchemical Gardens)

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    "There's a lot of things I know but for the sake of Soul Society would rather not mention. Things like this should stay buried however if you are certain that it will work and cannot be deterred from your path I will make no move to stop you. I will however, not place my hand in it or against it. Your will is your own." Saruhiko replies though his tone indicates a rather deep frown. "I merely wish you wouldn't."
    "You are free to think as you will." The Commander takes another sip. "I will not burden you with pleas to help in my research, then. If, in some point of future, it is deemed my actions were excessive, it means you will not be persecuted as my partner-in-crime."

Li puts the plastic cup down. "So enough of that. It's almost 21:00. My pupil should be here at any moment. My wish is for you to tell him everything about our King and His Guard, as honestly as you are allowed. Do not concern yourself with my opinion when you do. If he is to be an useful replacement, he will need perspective other than my own to make his decisions."

((OOC: This means we're going back to the episode soon, but Kuroi, I think it'd be polite for Koutarou to at least exchange greetings with Castus before that since I mentioned him by name. )
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei, the SSI building]

Koutarou has always felt more than a little uncomfortable here. Inadequate, somehow. He was no scholar, he was a soldier. Most of the things they dealt with here were beyond his ken without at least cursory explanation.

He seems to be on the lookout for someone in particular.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Soul Society]

This day is going to be a different than the last ten thousand or so. Before the lights are put out for night, an officer from internal security arrives at her cell. There is knocking on the door to inform the prisoner someone has come. Then, a shutter on the door is opened, and the officer peers in from the small hatch.

"Kobayashi, Momoka. Punished for trespassing, felonious thievery and attempt at high treason. Sentence: imprisonment for life."

"Based on amendment #1124 concerning life prisoners when Seireitei is under martial law, your case is to be reviewed to check if it possible to mitigate your sentence through partial return to service. Reason: exemplary behaviour for 30 years and counting."

"You are being offered a chance to resume research on Kido. Theoretical research only. Useful contribution will be rewarded with better accommodations and possible further reviewing of your case."

"Are you interested?"
    Momoka is sitting in a corner of the floor, her legs folded and her eyes closed, her hands folded together peacefully. She does not so much as flinch in recognition as the officer opens the hatch or speaks. For a few moments, it is not even clear if she was listening.

Then, she speaks, her tone completely even, without a hint of desperation or discomfort. "Might I ask a few questions, if they are to be allowed?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

"You have fifteen minutes. I will answer to best of my ability", the officer replies dryly. It's obvious this is nothing personal to him. Momoka is likely no the only prisoner he has interviewed, or will interview, either.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Momoka does not waste any time. "Who is offering?"

"What circumstances led to this offer being made?"

"What bindings can I be expected to be under outside of these cells? What limitations will be made on my movements?"

"What resources will be offered to me, and what, other than kido, will be expected of my research?"

"What is the current state of the SSI?"

(SSI Grounds)

Chouko mumbles through half consciousness. "Hey Harada. Quit yappin' and get my visor off."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    (SSI Grounds)

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Chouko mumbles through half consciousness. "Hey Harada. Quit yappin' and get my visor off."
    Harada's "walking stick" is left standing on its own at his side as he carefully takes both hands to slowly release and lift up the visor, his face etched with even more concern as he sets the device carefully to one side.

His eyes assess the damage to the device even as they check over the woman who wore it, trying to see if her actual eyes had taken damage as well.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"In order: Gotei 13. A sudden renewal of the conflict with Hollows. Handcuffs that will block the Reiatsu outlets in your wrists. The areas you can move to will be restricted to your new quarters, canteen and research area only, to be determined at later point. You will be offered a non-networked computer, any information pertinent to your studies on read-only discs, and you can request processor time from SSI supercomputers, after it has been checked your programs contain no viruses or other programs harmful to said devices. I can not tell what is expected of your research, as I don't know if it's been decided yet. The SSI is in process of being split to three parts, one for academic research, second for applied sciences, and third for defense of Soul Society."

"Does this satisfy you?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2013-08-09 at 04:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Koutarou has always felt more than a little uncomfortable here. Inadequate, somehow. He was no scholar, he was a soldier. Most of the things they dealt with here were beyond his ken without at least cursory explanation.

He seems to be on the lookout for someone in particular.

Having been discharged even after his run in with the Hollow Castus is on his way out of the SSI building to continue with his experiment when he sees Koutarou looking lost and comes over to see what he wants.

"Can I help you find someone or are you just on the lookout for more miscreants to duel?"

While he's waiting for Koutarou to answer Castus ends up shifting his weight between his bandaged legs to try and get comfortable.
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2013-08-09 at 04:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"Almost." Her neutral expression twitches slightly.

"What do you think of this? It must be quite serious, to be coaxing a traitor such as myself out of captivity. Is it truly that desperate?" There is a very small hint of sarcasm injected into the reference of herself as a traitor. "Would I be a fool to pass this up, or are things so dire that my survival would be of greater certainty in here? Or perhaps, is survival worth it? I find the common soldiers have a better grasp on these things than the privileged commanders, so I am curious as to your opinion on this matter." She opens her eyes finally, scanning the face (of what she can see of it) peeking at her through the grate with a slight smile, attempting to sense any insecurities.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2013-08-09 at 04:34 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #474

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, that was definitely interesting." Setsurou spoke up as they exited the building. "I thank you again for the opportunity, Jehoel."

As they stepped back outside, Setsurou motioned with his shoulders and neck to relax a little bit. It looks like whatever he did in there put a little cramp on his joints.
    Las Noches
    District 5-4

"Of course. What kind of a host would I be if I did not show you the city's greatest facets?"

Jehoel takes a different route on the return, one which quickly leads the group to the next district.

"District 4. Education."

This is one of the more orderly districts, with fairly uniform buildings arranged in straight rows and streets. It cuts a significant contrast with the far more haphazard layout of the 5th district.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post

Having been discharged even after his run in with the Hollow Castus is on his way out of the SSI building to continue with his experiment when he sees Koutarou looking lost and comes over to see what he wants.

"Can I help you find someone or are you just on the lookout for more miscreants to duel?"

While he's waiting for Koutarou to answer Castus ends up shifting his weight between his bandaged legs to try and get comfortable.
    Koutarou's expression seems to relax slightly - only slightly when Castus calls out to him.

"Actually, Castus-san, I meant to look for you. Commander Li ordered me to head to Laboratory 7 for a report on the status of current combat-capable modified artificial souls. He suggested you by name to assist me with this, though I can seek someone else's aid if you're busy."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2013-08-09 at 05:29 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Through the hatch, Momoka can see a chiseled but wrinkled face of a man, with greying black hair. He looks like he's pushing fifty, but taking into account Shinigami powers, might be twice or thrice as old. It's likely he was around to see the last great Hollow incursion that ended 50 years ago.

"Well, if you ask me, we're knee-deep in ****, the whole lot of us. So it's mostly about whether you feel like trying to do something about it."
    The man's eyes are weary, but it probably has more to do with this being the tenth time today someone has asked him this, than the actual situation outside. Overall, he seems to take it with notable stoicism. "Any more questions?"

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Las Noches
    District 5-4

"Of course. What kind of a host would I be if I did not show you the city's greatest facets?"

Jehoel takes a different route on the return, one which quickly leads the group to the next district.

"District 4. Education."

This is one of the more orderly districts, with fairly uniform buildings arranged in straight rows and streets. It cuts a significant contrast with the far more haphazard layout of the 5th district.
    "Oh, now this is compelling. A school district is actually something else I didn't expect to find here. Though I suppose the impact has deadened from the discovery of the art district."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

"One more. Will I get a change of clothes? These robes are absolutely dreadful." This, she seems somewhere between serious and playful.

"That will be all. I agree to these terms. I look forward to speaking with whomever is in charge of this project. Or whomever I will speak to in the process of evaluating my worth." She does not stand just yet.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #479

"Oh, now this is compelling. A school district is actually something else I didn't expect to find here. Though I suppose the impact has deadened from the discovery of the art district."
    [Las Noches]
    District 4

Jehoel nods.

"Indeed. A surprising number of Hollows and Arrancar have flocked to this district, both to teach and to learn."

Jehoel looks to the side, pointing at a building with the sign "Reading and Writing."

"Many of the older Hollows were illiterate, or at least very unskilled with writing. Most have tried to learn to make up for this deficiency. Almost all who have been unmasked have sought to elevate themselves intellectually, even if it is only a small amount. Many of the city's denizens have been eager to shed their pasts of violence altogether. Our number of 'noncombatants' grows in percentage every day, although it is a relative term."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

"How much knowledge is there to actually impart? I imagine there is a fair number of the older Hollows with certain unusual wisdom to share, but I have no idea how much overlap there is. Or even if the knowledge is practical beyond the skills of hunting."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show