New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: The Wonderful exploits of Fillangus Doddlehop&co IC

Once more, the depths of Simon's not caring comes to the fore.
    "Sure. We, however, have a right to disarm you. You might as well go."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Douglass turns and strolls back towards town without a word.

@drack
    Spoiler
    Show

heading back to the inn to get my pack, it should still have my two other knives...as well as the other random stuff, assuming those good village folk haven't run off with it...then I'm simply destitute...

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

After another half hour of clearing brush you come up on The Prince's Bane Inn&Tavern, which seems strangely silent despite the lights being on. After a moment Fillangus Doddlehop takes his quarterstaff in both hands, and taps the floor. "All clear, All clear, it's safe to come out!" After a moment's pause an old man (uncle Farheld to those of you who know him from earlier). After he cauciously looks around he disappears behind the bar, emerging a minuet latter with a small chain of frightened children, and another man, who positions himself at the bar polishing a glass as if nothing were amiss. The barmaid comes last taking the cart and mules into the stables.
    Last edited by drack; 2013-06-26 at 08:00 AM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #214

GreenSorcererElf

Somewhat surprised at the suspicion, and at the length of time it had taken them to get to the building, but relieved at having found a tavern at long last, Simon clanks in, and orders an ale, ignoring the children. Noisy, annoying things that they are.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #215

Sitting in the back corner of the inn, Douglass watches all of this transpire.

"It maybe safe for some..." he states...sitting there half naked...balancing a knife by it's point in his finger...

6. - Top - End - #216

GreenSorcererElf

Simon, sipping at his ale, simply looks at the belligerent fool
    "If you want to lose another fight, feel free to try again. If not, why not let the non-bandit population enjoy their drinks in peace."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Fillangus Doddlehop gives the knife a horrified glance that quickly turns into a horrified stare.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

8. - Top - End - #218

Douglass ignores Doddlehop's stare.

"If I had wanted to kill you, I would have ambushed you as you came through the door...after all, were I a bandit, you were 'smart' enough to let me go and let me know of your destination..." he says to Simon levelly.

"Lucky for you, I am not what you claim me to be."
    Last edited by theterran; 2013-06-26 at 08:09 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

The Innkeeper looks at simon askance, apparently not at all concerned by the man with the dagger. "You planned on paying for that?"
    Last edited by drack; 2013-06-26 at 08:11 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220

GreenSorcererElf

As the innkeeper asks for payment, Simon pulls out a recently acquired dagger, passing it over to the man.
    "This should cover it. And then some more for the rest of the evening."

When the man continues to be belligerent, Simon twists around, and glares at him.
    "You are a bandit. Attacking a trade caravan, oddly enough, qualifies you as such. As for ambushing us here... it would have made it much easier to clear out your group."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

11. - Top - End - #221

Douglass speaks to the innkeeper.
    "Do not accept that as payment. You can see by the markings on the handle that it is indeed mine, which makes it stolen property. I'm sure if you look through their stuff...the rest of my belongings they stole would be there as well..."

Douglass stands.

"Master storyteller, you speak true of Knights and Bushes. I attempted to play the Knight today when these ruffians attacked a lone girl on the road, and as you can see, it got me stripped of my possessions and very nearly killed. So you keep teaching those children politics."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

The Innkeeperr shrugs accepting the daggar, and giving the man in the corner a second shrug of helpless acceptance.

Meanwhile Mr. Doddlehop orders some potatoes for his whole crew, which seem to have been cooked in a well seasoned, if not particularly rich, broth.

Meanwhile Uncle Farheld grins. "Ay? That the story with the dagger? Well, guards can be the worst sort some times, but so long as they pay their way and don't rile up trouble we've hardly got anything to do about it."
    Last edited by drack; 2013-06-26 at 08:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

GreenSorcererElf

Passing the dagger, as requested, Simon counters the argument that the fool in the corner raises.
    "I don't think so. If you throw something at someone, don't expect to get it back. Equally so, if you try to kill someone, don't expect your weapons back. Defending someone that is being attacked can be admirable.
    Defending someone that is acting like a bandit... less so.
    "

Simon enjoys his potatoes and ale.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #224

"You claimed earlier that I ignore facts that don't fit my world view, and that my friend, is the pot calling the kettle black..." says Douglass, as he walks out the door.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"And with this jolly accent we can finally get some rest. Why cannot even riding into the town be simple?" Faelyn sighs and sits by the bar "A mug of Ale for me." he says, pulling few copper coins out of his belt pouch and handing them to the Innkeeper.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

16. - Top - End - #226

GreenSorcererElf

Simon smiles, leaning back in his chair to enjoy the ale
    "Indeed."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Cassie stays well away from the group and fines a nice hayloft in the stables of the inn to lay on muttering about attacking a party of 9.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

The Innkeep meanwhile brings a gallon of ale for Simon since he had asked that it "keep flowing".

19. - Top - End - #229

GreenSorcererElf

Simon slowly drinks his way through it, before stumbling to a room, and going to sleep.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing that simon seems content with the one gallon, he brings the second that the dagger buys to the others.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ryuuhei spent the better part of their encounter trying his damnedest not to knock the two buffoons out--self-entitled stranger and his companion Simon. The two had been arguing the whole time long after the issue is supposedly resolved, with one trying to outdo the other in getting the moral high ground. It was times like this when Ryuuhei wonders if his father and uncle Daigo would still call him 'stubborn' and 'juvenile' after listening to these two.

He moved on and concentrated at the task at hand, downing those potatoes like he hadn't eaten for days. Granted, those gruel aren't exactly 'food' as much as mere stuff to fill his growling stomach. As for the bear... let's just say that the past day was quite eventful.

After quickly eating a portion for two to three people in half as much time, he decided to let his digestive system rest while he takes watch outside at the for the mean time, hopefully away from the noise of the kids and the adults.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2013-06-26 at 10:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

After another mug of Ale Faelyn looks at his hand with a little unfocused stare "Just enough for me..." he says, stands up and slowly walks to the stables deciding to take this chance to rest as much as he likes.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

hearing someone towards the stables immediated pulls her scythe out ready to kill if need be. But realizing who it was she just put away her scythe and walked into the darkest part of the hayloft trying not to be seen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    hide(1d20+5)[21]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Santiago merely shakes his head and keeps silent as this Douglass keeps on talking and talking....if you could call muttering and cursing someones name silent.

Going the last portion, he sighs with relief at the sight of a tavern, albeit a quiet one. He waited, as the parting man had said, for the denizens to come forth and was quite happy to receive a stewed potato, especially when it was chased by some flaggons of ale.

Not taking too much, cause he learned the hard way what happened when he did, he went outside to continue watch on the goods, seeing the young man who dispatched the bear he nods in silent respect to the boy and takes up a position leaning against the wall, enjoying the night.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Casimir

Casimir doesn't enter the inn at all, preferring the outside, which is surprising considering his comments often so far on the journey about "real beds". He instead wanders close by the two mules that have been pulling the cart, and gently runs his hands through the coarse hair on their back, "It must be so much easier being a mule and just ignoring all this..." he waves his hand around in an all encompasing gesture, "...craziness."
    Avatar(that seems to have disappeared) by Darwin

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

The mule grunts in what could be taken as either agreement or annoyance.

27. - Top - End - #237

NinjaGuy

Josie seems content to ignore the fiasco as if it had never happened, and in fact seems quite pleased with the inn as the destination. He thanks his employer lavishly for the provided food, and after one drink of the ale Simon has boughten with his ill-gotten goods seems more or less content to ignore it. "I suppose hoping you have Sake would be asking too much? Still, you have so many potatoes lying around you must stir up some vodka, eh?"
    Currently playing a lot of Shadowrun. My current tabletop characters are...
    Niz Yorick, Gray Elf Rogue Hunter in Into the Woods
    Anvil, Navajo Rigger in 24-7, Life of a Shadowrunner
    Old Spook, Ork Infiltrator of the Custodial persuasion in Call of the Street

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Snakes and Vodaks? the man asks confused. "No, we trade our game for potatoes in the fall and preserve them year round. The ale we get from merchants much like you lot."

Quickly covering he adds. "I have some good southern wine though, and even a bottle of the really good stuff in case that prince ever comes back."
    Last edited by drack; 2013-06-26 at 12:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

NinjaGuy

Josie half-sneers for effect but immediately recovers and seems mildly interested. "Bah, Prince's wine is probably too rich for my blood. Hmm.. I guess it has been a while since I've taken wine. How much are you charging by bottle for what you have?"
    Currently playing a lot of Shadowrun. My current tabletop characters are...
    Niz Yorick, Gray Elf Rogue Hunter in Into the Woods
    Anvil, Navajo Rigger in 24-7, Life of a Shadowrunner
    Old Spook, Ork Infiltrator of the Custodial persuasion in Call of the Street

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

'pendin on which type, three silvers, five gold, or one platenum, an then the wine for those rich brats, which'd cost a good few platenum a pop. Eyeing you he adds. "Yeah, probably too rich for your veins."