New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Divine Spark [IC]

Genesis

Things were going well, you were in the lull between missions, having completed your last one of ferreting out a goblin tribe from a mountain village, the bloody blighters were truly entrenched and it had taken more than a few bloody battles to eradicate the damnable greenskins.

Traveling back to the town of Ferretskeep, skirting the edge of Blightwood, you decided to enjoy the spoils of war, most of the loot you had already sold, split what proceedings you received, and those of you who wanted to, were spilling mead with the finest the town offered.

It had been a fun few nights.

The GreySkull tavern was the finest establishment in town, but for a small border town, thats not saying much. Evenstill, it housed a fine brewery adjacent to it, which produced some fine dwarven ale, as well as some hin and gnomish stouts. Those of you who didn't partake of the alcohol could still enjoy the fine food that was offered, from spit cooked boar, flanks of supple beef, peasant pies, rabbit stews, and some of the tastiest sweet pasties from the local bakery.

It had been a good day, and you all found yourself retiring to the groups joint room, which served as large quarters from groups that preferred the security of others nearby, old habits die hard. You began to bed down, some slightly groggy from the nights revelry, when a flash of light pulsed from the center of the room, like a miniature sun going supernova.

Suddenly, all joviality and fogginess vanished.

Before you stands a regal Angel of awesome power, she seems weary, if at all possible, her clothes, alabaster robes of pure white torn and ragged, her hair was tussled, and she sighed as she took you all in.

"Oh thank the eternals, at last, I have found you." she whispered, but you had no problems hearing her, her voice seemed to echo with power, as if a thousand chorus angels echoed it in perfect harmony, even still, you suddenly realize, you have never heard anything so serenely beautiful in all your years. She finds each of your eyes and smiles in resignation "I am sorry for what I am about to do, you were the purest souls I could find in this dire time, I am about to give you a gift, do with it what you will, but I pray you choose the right path, for it will shape the future of this land, and the world of Mortals shall surely tremble at your feet."

And with that, she breathed out, a long last sigh of relief, and vanished in a blast of white energy.

Something washed over you, something powerful, something with more energy, more soul than your mortal mind could comprehend, strength surged through you, and the light faded, everyone else in the room seemed...different....stronger...stranger...

You feel something else within you, not just power, sure, you cold feel that surging through, more than you ever felt before, but no, this was different, something, some kind of essence, some ideal was stirring inside of you.

Spoiler: All
    Show

You all gain the following template:

Divine Spark:
    +4 to all stats
    +4 HP's per level
    +10 feet to all movement modes (now and future ones)

Spoiler: Yamato
    Show

The spirit of Autonomy has chosen you as its host. Autonomy is freedom from external control or influence; pure independence. And the very spirit of that ideal dwells within you.

Choose 2 domains from the following list: Balance, City, Community, Destiny, Celerity Chaos, Repose, Sun, Travel.

You gain the domain power, and the domain spells as at-will spell like abilities.

You also gain the following powers and abilities:

You gain Dimension Door as an at-will supernatural ability.
    You gain a permanent supernatural Haste effect.
    You gain a constant spell like freedom of movement effect.
    You gain a permanent extraordinary fly speed equal to your land speed. Which manifests as ethereal angelic wings.

Spoiler: Jody
    Show

The spirit of Cultivation has chosen you as its host. Cultivation is the process and state of growth; change and life. And the very spirit of that ideal dwells within you.

Choose 2 domains from the following list: Air, Animal, Earth, Fire, Life, Moon, Oracle, Plant, Sun, Water, Weather.

You gain the domain power, and the domain spells as at-will spell like abilities.

You gain druid spell casting equal to your level
    You gain one Animal companion every level, every additional companion is -1 ECL
    You gain a constant Plant growth effect out to 30 ft.
    You gain the druid shapeshifter ability as a Druid of your level. (See PHB2 pg 39).
    Wearing or using metal does not interfere with any of these abilities

Spoiler: Baliia
    Show

The spirit of Devotion has chosen you as its host. Devotion is love, loyalty and enthusiasm to an ideal; fidelity in all you do. And the very spirit of that ideal dwells within you.

Choose 2 domains from the following list: Courage, Destiny, Fate, Glory, Healing, Liberation, Mysticism, Nobility, Passion

You gain favored soul spell casting equal to your level
    You gain the Marshal’s Aura class ability (Major and Minor) as a Marshal of your level
    Your allies cannot die from hitpoint damage, as long as they are adjacent to you.
    You gain the Leadership feat, along with a cohort.

Spoiler: Adeveras
    Show

The spirit of Endowment has chosen you as its host. Endowment is the quality of or ability possessed by someone; to be able of something. And the very spirit of that ideal dwells within you.

Choose 2 domains from the following list: Balance, Celertiy, Competition, Courage, Luck, Strength, Travel, War, Wrath

You gain the ability to surge your physical scores for 1 minute by making a concentration DC 15 check, to gain a +4 bonus to STR, DEX, and CON. Each additional time you attempt this in one day, the DC is increased by +4. Concentration becomes a class skill, and you gain max ranks in it.
    One person or thing per level, may increase in size as a standard action.This is a permanent effect, unless you designate another item above and beyond your maximum amount. (Counts as enlarge person for living, humanoid targets)
    You gain a permanent +2 to all physical ability scores.
    You gain an additional move action every turn.

Spoiler: Lyndis
    Show

The spirit of Honor has chosen you as its host. Honor is the privilege, the ethical duty to uphold; the very essence of truth and justice. And the very spirit of that ideal dwells within you.

Choose 2 domains from the following list: Courage, Destiny, Fate, Glory, Family, Good, Law, Liberation, Nobility, Purification

You gain Divine Grace,& Divine health as the paladin abilities
    You start out as friendly with all Mortal creatures, and you gain a +2/level bonus to diplomacy and sense motive checks
    You can gain a mount as a paladin of your level +6.
    You gain a permanent mind blank effect

Spoiler: Dordoth
    Show

The spirit of Preservation has chosen you as its host. Preservation is the ideal of maintaining, keeping things as they are, there is no death, no movement, no progression, only preservation. And the very spirit of that ideal dwells within you.

Choose 2 domains from the following list: Community, Creation, Healing, Knowledge, Life, Repose, Time, Undeath

You gain DR/- equal to your level
    You gain Fast healing equal to your level
    You gain a Natural armor bonus equal to half your level
    Your damage reduction applies to spell damage, regardless of the type of damage.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2017-01-25 at 01:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Divine Spark [IC]

Adey sits silently in surprise to what just happened; Barely reacting when the bed beneath her groans and breaks apart as she suddenly grows a size larger.

She snaps outta the confusion mumble to herself about cheap beds and then maneuvers herself outta it to go see if she's crazy or the others saw something similar.

It finally occurs to her something is wrong as she smacks her head on the ceiling pretty hard and the loud crash as she sits down suddenly cradling her head.

She decides to stay where she is and nurses her bruised noggin and let the others come to her till she has a moment to find out if she can make herself smaller again.

"Cripes. Usually I wanna be bigger; now I think I might have to make some brews to make me smaller"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Lyndis initially just sat there stunned. First at the angel appearing in the room, that was not something that happened every day. And when it did happen it usually did to devoted confident clerics and paladins. Not the morally grey shy wizards. Then the white light flashed over all of the room.

One word entered Lyndis's mind echoing in her skull as it repeated. "Honor, honor." At once she could feel that word restructuring her mind-sphere. Lyndis had enough knowledge of magical academics to know that it was seeking out the parts of her most vulnerable to charms and compulsions and erasing them as with a white cloth. I don't... She started her hand going to cradle her head.

She noticed the little head cold she was starting to come down with vanishing instantly. Cured in a moment, as her wizardly energies met something strange within her. Something... unlocked by the white light. Another font of arcane energy.... Had she had the potential for sorcery all long?

Visions of a horse in some beautiful idyllic landscape appeared. She could call him, she knew if she just focused her energy.

Instead she turned to her comrades.

Why me? She questioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

After an evening spent drinking way too much for her own good, Jody isn’t exactly surprised to see an angel at the foot of her bed, per se. She’d certainly seen weirder after a few drinks. Gathering her senses, she sits up in bed and does her best to focus her eyes on the being as it speaks. “Ugh. Hold on a min-” Is all she can say as the blinding light overwhelms her.

She sees visions of a might oak tree, standing tall against both fire and frost, the rest of the world withering around it, consumed by a deafening roar. The vision is alien, bizarre, and crystal clear. It lasts for a second that feels like a lifetime before it snaps out of Jody’s mind.

Blasted back to reality, Jody’s eyes dart between her surroundings. She feels something new awoken in her – she can almost feel the wood in the bed and the walls breathing. This new sensation filtered through a headache caused by a mixture of whiskey divine intervention, she turns to her friends for support.

“Adey, thank the Gods you’re awake! An angel just teleported here and…” She stares up at her now-giant comrade, even more confused than before. “…Shrunk me, apparently.”

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

It had been a great week, finally out of the mountains, back in town where he could wash the goblin blood off of himself properly. Plenty of gold in his pouch (no matter how well those skinflint merchants tried to rip of his group), and plenty of mead in his cup and meat on his plate. Yamato was a happy rowdy adventurer enjoying his rest with his group before the gold dries up. While he may have wished for a private room since he thought he had a shot with that barmaid (despite the other group nearby who kept claiming she was playing me the fool for my gold), it was indeed safer passing out with friends nearby who were much less likely to steal his gold. My fingers on the other hand... Yamato thinks uneasily remembering Dordoth's infrequent, but unnerving stares and dark humor.

Unstable clerics aside, Yamato was having a great week, and with an able group like this, Yamato might finally earn enough to slack off for a century or two. Maybe play at being a noble and inherit from himself... nah too bothersome, easier to just move far away before relaxing again.

Such thoughts as he was relaxing in bed was gone once the Angel appeared. Before she said her first words, Yamato was cursing every divine being he knew who likely sent this trouble his way. After her 'gift' and disappearance, the cursing left the confines of his mind and grows from a low grumble to and audible litany of curses that might draw attention from his allies. The joviality from their stay in town gone, Yamato turns to his allies and says, "Hurry up and pack. We should leave. Now!" Matching actions with words, Yamato begins strapping his swords to himself, and adjusting his haversack.

While doing this, he goes through the new changes to his body, noting that the ideal of autonomy was firmly impressed upon him, but other than a power boost, it didn't change much. Makes sense, wouldn't be very autonomous if it forced me to change from who I am. Hope the others don't change. at this point he notices that Adey has nearly doubled in size, Well... change too much I guess...
    Last edited by bcool999; 2017-01-26 at 12:55 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

RedKnightGirl

"umm. Yea ok that makes sense...give me a ....umm...minute" Adey stutters while she tries to figure out how to, or if she can turn back smaller so her armor fits and she doesn't have to smash through a wall to get out of the inn.

*think small Adey...think small thoughts. Think of gnomes and halflings.....*

Suddenly the effect goes away and she is well; well still quite tall but no longer smashing her head on the ceiling.

"Ok, that is better....least it seems I get to save on enlarge person extracts..".

She quickly proceeds to strap on her armor which takes longer than she always likes but helps her be a force to be reckoned with.
    As she straps everything; she notices that she has a lot more muscle than she used to and preens to herself a little *Heck yes, I could get used to this...*

7. - Top - End - #7

Lyndis immediately jumps off the bed at Yamato's urging. Yeah sure. She states confused, but the panic in Yamato's voice urging her to immediately start getting ready to move out.

But can I ask why? Do you think we're about to be attacked? Lyndis questions opening her pack as she turns to look at Yamato with a **** of her head clearly concerned.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #8

Well, Baliia certainly wasn't expecting THAT at... Whatever time it is. She had kept her mouth shut when the angel had appeared and started whispering, though, but she certainly seems shocked, surprised and rather weirded out now. She thought things would be over after she had went into the mountains with this motley crew and she could have just rested more.

The drinking didn't help, either.

Once the angel disappears, she felt... Strong. Ppwerful, even! She didn't want to believe it, but it had certainly just happened. Folding her arms over her chest, she sits up in her to-size bed, looking around at her companions. The order is given to get up and leave, so she does the first part, at least. Wait, why was Adey all tall? Like, taller than usual? ...the heck's going on? Maybe it was all that fun she had. "Jeez... Gimme a sec, then can we pleeease talk about what just happened?" She pulls on her chain shirt, and it transforms into her normal clothing. For the first time, it felt slightly 'heavy'.
    Last edited by Linken; 2017-01-26 at 03:02 AM.
    Hi, I'm Linken.
    I make mouse-drawn stick-figures in a 100x100 square in Microsoft Paint.

Spoiler: Here's one I made earlier.
    Show

If you want one, ask.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

"Call it intuition Lyndis, but something tells me that if a very powerful Angelic being appears, looking tired and ragged, and apologizes before giving awesome power and then disappearing, my money is on her being chased." Yamato says with confidence as he helps Adey with her armor, "Now chased by who or what I haven't a clue, and I also don't know if they are on their way now, but I know I don't want to be here where said Angel set off fireworks while painting targets on our backs, intentional or otherwise, and greet whatever made her desperate enough to call Dordoth a pure soul."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Jody blinks, readjusting her view of Adey as she shrinks to her normal size. "Huh. That makes more sense. Well, barely, but at least it's an improvement." At Yamato’s words, she begins to get dressed into her armor, before cleaning her musket. “So wait, an angel needed to give… something to the pure of heart in a hurry, something powerful enough to shape the world of mortals or whatever it was she said, and she decided to pick six hungover scoundrels in the middle of nowhere.” Finished, she clicks a bullet into her gun and hoists it over her shoulder. “All I’m saying is I’ve heard better ways to-” She trails off, spotting something out of the window. What was once a pleasant, if unkempt, patch of grass by the tavern had transformed seemingly overnight into a tangle of briars and thorns. “…Ok, what.”

11. - Top - End - #11

I don't... Lyndis replied slinging her finished bag over her shoulder and clutching her book protectively in-between her arm and chest.

I think I agree with Jody. Lyndis admitted. I'm just a scholar, not some grand paladin. She protested. I... But okay. She says fighting off the rising confusion and panic. I guess we leave town and head for a wizard's guild. She starts putting the problem into something she could understand. Figure out what happened to us, if there are any side effects that we're not aware of. She starts.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Dordoth was in a rare and gleeful mood. His bag of holding was stuffed to capacity with freshly mutilated goblin corpses, and while everyone else was settling down to sleep, he was artistically arranging these fragments upon his bed, as if piecing together a puzzle, only that the pieces were scattered limbs and scraps of flesh rather then simple cardboard cutouts. On occasion he's sample a piece, chewing faintly before swallowing to make sure he was on the right track. It was unclear how that might help anything, but somehow he felt it helped. when the angel appeared he hardly batted an eyebrow, so fixated on his work was he, but then something caught his ear. 'pure souls"? Naturally he knew his own soul could be nothing but pure, so focused and honed was it on a certain task, but... "Wait, you mean to tell me that a celestial being thinks you lot have a pure soul to be found between the lot of you? I must be loosing my mind." Cackling happily as if he'd been told a good joke, Dordoth leans too closely over the deceased goblin, getting a bit more gore on his tattered garb. ...but then he noticed... something was wrong... something with his body... Closely examining his body he extended his senses as if trying to detect some unknown, then suddenly his pale face gained a tint of blue. Life... there was more life in his body... silently he cursed the angel as his face warped in an instant to a hideous sneer. His voice grew incoherent as he cursed her and her fate. For the first time in a while Dordoth felt hatred again, but even if those detestable celestial bird brains were going to curse him, he wasn't going to let this opportunity slip by. Channeling these negative emotions he poured magic into his fuming words, summoning dark energies to call back and bind the souls of the deceased, to warp and twist them with barbed ethereal collars to bind them to his will, and to ground their tormented souls into the empty flesh before him.

"Cack cakaruhn, dak baraka baraka, jokins karkambrah! Cack cakaruhn, dak baraka baraka, jokins karkambrah! Cack cakaruhn, dak baraka baraka, jokins karkambrah!" As the dark energies wound into their bones, broken joints slowly fused... no, they didn't physically fuse, but rather a malevolent life hastily bound them together in the same way a skeleton's bones stayed connected, but the flesh didn't fall, clinging loosely to the zombified zombies limbs. As if waking from a dream the three zombies bolted upright before their eyes took on a lax semblance and they slowly crawled out of bed. Dordoth's anger may have faded, but he continued to sneer without even a hint of his former glee.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

As you all recover from the shock of being subject...to whatever it was you were subject to, and prepare to depart. You hear a strange noise from outside your window, a rush of air, and then the creaking of wood as something huge shatters the wall with the window on it, and continues into the room.

A large Deamon from the depths of Hades barrels through with his shoulder, stops short at you all and sneers through his dog like snout.

He is about to say something, when something else barrels through the other wall from inside the inn, this time, an angel of some sort from the arboreal plains. He doesn't stop and shoulder charges the deamon back through the hole he came through and outside.

You hear several other rushes of wind around the area, as more beings appear, angels and deamons alike.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

14. - Top - End - #14

Lyndis covered her nose with the sleeve of her robes, an expression of distaste at the rotting flesh clear in her eyes.

Okay, that's great. That's wonderful. Can we get going!? Lyndis asks opening the door, wishing that she had studied the great wheel more at the academy.

Anyone know what those two were? She said from the border of the door gesturing to the window as her other hand made a hurried come here gesture.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Dordoth smiles through gritted teeth with an expression as if he's just eaten a bug as he waves his hand causing his newly minted zomb-lins to gather his things and follow as he proceeds out the door, blatantly ignoring the celestial battle occurring around the inn.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"OH FOR THE LOVE OF-" Jody screams as the creature careens through the door. She is halfway through steadying her musket, lining up the perfect shot, when the angel smacks it out of view. "...OK then." She concedes, before rushing out of the door after Lyndis. "Haven't the foggiest. But as long as they're fighting each other, they ain't fighting us. Now we gotta book it before whoever's victorious decides to mop up the mess."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Yamato's bad feeling was confirmed as the inn started being torn apart around them, "I am too sober for this nonsense." he mutters with a hand on his blade, ready to draw at any time. Moving to flee with the others, Yamato says, "Less talk more walk. Actually, forget walking RUN!" he adds as a full scale battle erupts around them.

18. - Top - End - #18

As the battle erupts, Baliia can't help but occasionally gawk at the battling monstrosities. Massive angels, demons, whatever, holy crap. But, well, she trusted her companions even with her best efforts to completely ignore Dordoth and his frankly terrifying minions. Well, not terrifying, just... Scary. And odd. At just about everyone's behest, she sprints with the others to the exits.
    Hi, I'm Linken.

Show

If you want one, ask.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Dordoth, seeing that the others seem to be in a hurry, orders his minions into the bag and carries it himself so the group could pick up speed. Similarly he drops down onto all fours and makes a combination of hissing, howling, and growling noises, which he was pretty sure increased the parties speed even more then switching from zombie speed to terrified living person speed could have done on its own.

20. - Top - End - #20

RedKnightGirl

Adey watches in a weird sense of wonder as an angel and demon battle it out mere feet away from her as she finishes putting on her armor. "Jeez. That angel drafted us into a war. Could of warned us at least" And she nods to Yamoto's run and get out her sword and shield in-case she needs to fight on the run.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Grabbing your gear and running, you make it out into the hallway, that only led to other rooms in one direction, and down to the main commons in the other, towards the only other exit in the building.

Without a choice, you stumble through the crowd of other patrons, alerted and surprised by the surprise fighting of divine beings.

Stumbling out into the street, you see more angels and demons battling it out, no one even glances at you as timeless feuds are reignited.

The town is more of a village, with only a few buildings on the main street, to include the GreySkull tavern, next to it was the smithy, on the other side was the constabulary, which was strangely vacant. On the other side was a bakery, and a mercantile. You see several people fleeing for their lives, or otherwise hunkering down as best they could amidst the planar battle that is erupting around them all.

Several angelic beings turn to regard after finishing off a devilish thing with four arms. Ichor splatted armor still gleaming brilliantly in the sun.

One of them turns their head to regard you, and barks out a command. The words come out of his mouth, and usually, you wouldn't be able to understand, the language is foreign and complex to you, but something happens, something reaches out and changes the words before they reach you, and you hear the angels words crystal clear.

"They are the Primarchs."

And then they attack. Their swords bursting into ethereal flame as they do, driving their swords at you with an unabashed fervor.

Spoiler
    Show

DC K Religion 22 ID's them as Legion Archons. for every 5 over the DC, you gain one additional piece of information about them. (special quality, ability, attacks etc)

Legion Archon 1 vs Baliia
    Attack - (1d20+13)[25]
    Damage - (2d6+5)[11] + Fire - (1d6)[4]

Legion Archon 2 vs Yamato
    Attack - (1d20+13)[22]
    Damage - (2d6+5)[9] + Fire - (1d6)[4]

Legion Archon 3 vs Lyndis
    Attack - (1d20+13)[31]
    Damage - (2d6+5)[12] + Fire - (1d6)[5]

Map
    Please roll initiative and move your characters as you need to.
    Init - (1d20+1)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

22. - Top - End - #22

Lyndis's mouth opened up in pain as the sword hacked and burned her way into her shoulder. Only the thought that she needed to be quiet kept her from screaming in pain. This is so much worse then teaching. Lyndis thought as her knee buckled from the force.

Taking a step back, parts of her mind lit up. The recent endowment of honor highlighting her mental paths, releasing a wake of sorcerous energy that she had never used before.

She wasn't really sure what blinding them had to do with honor, but...

Intoning a few words in the arcane tongue, the magical energies blended with her gestures, as a cloud of glitterly gold particles washed off two of the angels.

Spoiler
    Show

5 foot step back,
    Casting Glitterdust. DC 18 will save or be blinded.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Yamato
    HP 56/67 (took 11 damage total after subtracting 2 from DR)
    AC 21 (I am in Adey's Aegis and vice versa)

Taking the hit from the flaming sword, Yamato grunts at the sudden attack. Dropping into a stance, Yamato tries to deny the enemies advance while lashing out with his blade, his own speed surprising even him.

"We must be quick, our objective is escape, we can't let them hold us here long enough for reinforcements to surround us!" Yamato calls out over the din of battle.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift Action: Enter Vigilant Keeper stance, my threatened squares are considered difficult terrain for enemies (no 5ft steps), but they can still charge. Landing an AoO on them while in this stance Curses them which currently has no mechanical effect until I get strikes which take advantage of that.

Full attack LA3: (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage: (3d6+9)[20]
    Attack2: (1d20+12)[20]
    Damage: (3d6+9)[25]

Damage is Silver and Slashing for DR purposes.

24. - Top - End - #24

RedKnightGirl

ADEY: 67/67 HP
    AC: 21
    Armiger's Mark Available: 11/11

"I don't think they are planning on giving us that choice" Adey says as she moves and adopts a different stance than the one Yamoto moved into, Sweeping her large sword with a Primal yell towards on of the offending angelic beings.

Show

Swift Action: Enter Valiant Keeper’s Stance (Allies do not provoke attacks of opportunity when moving through squares you threaten. )
    Readied Maneuvers: Throwing Shell, Primal Wrath, Enraging Strike, Crushing Blow
    Move Action to W9
    2nd Move Action to Studied Combat vs LA1 (+1/2 level to atk+dmg for intmod rounds (5)
    Standard Action: Attack LA1 with Primal Wrath + Studied Strike (1d20+13)[16] Damage: (2d6+18)[27] + (1d6)[5]
    If Hit Successful. Adding Armiger's Mark to target (-6 atk, -12% ASF unless targeting Adey, Lasts 5 turns)
    Last edited by CrystalMists; 2017-03-03 at 08:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Jody
    HP: 58/58, AC: 21

Jody watches with shock as the angelic creatures attack her allies, before gritting her teeth and aiming her rifle at one of the beings. "Don't worry, angel's are all about forgiveness, aren't they? I'm sure they won't mind us disagreeing with them too much." She pulls the trigger, before effortlessly loading another cartridge into the gun
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Standard Action: Fire at one of the angels (against touch AC, with deadly aim): (1d20+10)[11]
    Damage: (1d12+2)[5]
    Free Action: Reload
    Initiative: (1d20+7)[22]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Dordoth stares for a moment as if in a daze before taking on a look of confusion. So are we fighting or retreating? He wonders vaguely. All in all he didn't really understand it. What was so special about angels and demons descending to fight before you. Didn't they do that once every three days? Most times his companions would even ignore them or walk through them, so why were they fighting them now? While he couldn't make much sense of it they were fighting like they did with the goblins, so he sent out his three new mintly crafted gob-zombies to take the front line be it either to cover their retreat, or to act as cover for the rear, it didn't matter much in the end.
    Spoiler
    Show

Free: drop bag of holding
    standard: give command
    move: pick up bag of holding
    Zombie's single action: move into position

27. - Top - End - #27

Baliia, of course, blanked out for a few moments as she ran, unsheathing her sword in a slight state of panic. She runs straight into an Archon... and miraculously goes to parry its massive sword. Of course, such a feat against something so much larger than her is tough. Unconciously, she was motivating her allies to go faster, and become tougher. The spark glowed within her. No! We have to fight them, c'mon, let's show them what we can do! Sure, retreat was usually an option for Baliia... but she felt energized.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift: Projecting a Marshal's Aura, two in fact. Motivating Dexterity (+6 to Initiative checks) and motivating Care. Everyone gains +6 to initiative and +1 to AC.
    Standard: Parry and, if possible, Riposte the outsider.
    (1d20+14)[21] Initiative, +6 because of Aura.
    (1d20+16)[28] Riposte, +5 due to Answering enchantment
    (1d20+18)[35] Immediate Action after Riposte to deliver damage back to the creature.
    (1d4+10)[12] Damage (if applicable)
    Last edited by Linken; 2017-03-07 at 06:31 PM.
    Hi, I'm Linken.

Show

If you want one, ask.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Lyndis takes the sword strike in stride and covers the two nearest angels with glittering dust, which seems to effect them immediately. They lose focus, and their swings become sporadic and wild.

Yamato lets out two slices with his blade, and is able to connect, but his blows are halted by its skin. (DR)

Adey misses her mark while moving.

Jody manages to hit one of the angels, punching a hole through its thigh, which instantly heals, as if the bullet was never there. (DR)

While Baliia is able to parry the blow back at the angel, scoring a solid hit, he weapon barely grazes the angels skin.

Spoiler
    Show

Order of Initiative:
    Lyndis 33
    Jody 28
    Adey 26
    Baliia 21
    Yamato 18
    Dordoth 13
    Archons 4

Archon 1 - 2 damage
    Archon 2 - blinded 3 rounds left
    Archon 3 - 20 damage, blinded 3 rounds left
    Yamato - 11 damage
    Lyndis - 17 damage
    Map

The angels attack back as one, striking the air before them, hoping to hit what was once there.

Spoiler
    Show

Legion Archon 1 vs Baliia
    Attack - (1d20+13)[21]
    Damage - (2d6+5)[13] + Fire - (1d6)[5]

Legion Archon 2 vs Yamato
    Attack - (1d20+13)[25]
    Miss chance - (1d100)[36] low misses
    Damage - (2d6+5)[11] + Fire - (1d6)[5]

Legion Archon 3 vs X12
    Attack - (1d20+13)[16]
    Miss chance - (1d100)[83] low misses
    Damage - (2d6+5)[10] + Fire - (1d6)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Yamato
    HP 56/67 + 4 Temp (after this turn)
    AC 21 (I leave Adey's aegis but still get +1 from Ballia's aura)

Yamato feels his blade fail to strike true against these paragons of good. "We must focus on one, wear it down." Yamato calls out before taking a step back from the sighted one, Yamato sheathes his blade and focuses for a breath. He draws and a silvery flash of light in a crescent sails towards the Archon who retains his sight.

Show
    Non Action: 5ft step back to X12.
    Swift Action: Benevolence, all allies in 30ft. gain 4 temp hp (doesn't stack with other sources of THP)
    Move Action: Sheath sword, would provoke save I have total concealment from the two archons who threaten me. Would restore a maneuver but none are expended, too bad.
    Free Action: Quick Draw
    Standard Action: Initiate Iron Wave against LA1.
    Attack: (1d20+12)[16] (I may flank with Adey since this is technically considered a melee attack even though it can hit anywhere in close range, DMs call though I am doubtful)
    Damage: (3d6+9)[20] + (2d6)[3] Silver and Slashing
    If hit, DC 18 will save or be vulnerable to Silver until the end of my next turn (1 round).
    If dealt at least 1 damage, Free action to bestow Armiger's Mark (-4 to attacks against people other than me, increased ASF, Lasts 6 rounds).

If LA1 attacks an ally, activate Fear the Reaper as an immediate action. Intimidate vs Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[13] to negate and inflict Shaken.

30. - Top - End - #30

Lyndis Trisweyns
    Hp 29/46 +4 temp hp from Yamato
    AC 17+1=18 (+1 from Ballia's aura)

Lyndis nods at Yamato's suggestion.

Yes! Focus on the sight one. She called out clutching her wounded shoulder. She replied gesturing with most of her upper body to the one she meant. The other ones are hindered from my spell. She replied focusing on her divine spark again. That horse. On the divine plane. He or she needed to get off that plane and help.

Spoiler
    Show

Full round action, calling my mount. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/) into W13-X14.