New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,496 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Shattered Star (IC)

Brandishing her axe and sprinting with all her new-found speed, Erima charges in, ready to turn the demons into fiendish meat.

"I'm pretty sure they still hate me!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Well, rage, then charge toward G1. Power attack at -2/+6

Attack - (1d20+18)[31]

Damage - (1d12+22)[28]

Edit : I just realised the +1 bonus from haste was already written on my sheet. That should be a +17 here (I think, at least).
    Last edited by silphael; 2017-02-04 at 08:08 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Colossus in the Playground

R1T11: Brandishing her axe and sprinting with all her new-found speed, Erima charges in, ready to turn the demons into fiendish meat for 22 mod.

"I'm pretty sure they still hate me!"
    Spoiler: Erima
    Show
    First, yes, sheets are updated for haste. As always, I am responsible for marking modifiers; players for reminding me. Modifier during a raging, power attacking charge is +18, 1d12+21, not +22 damage. (STR +8, +4 [2-hands], +1 [magic] +2 [rage] + 6 [PA]).

You can't charge G1 because Teofilo spoils the required straight-line charge, so I had you charge G2, instead.

R1T6: At incredible speed for a warrior in full plate, Rezah comes around the corner and is on G1. He smacks his opponent hard with his cold iron scimitar, but not enough to cut through.

R1T4-3: G1 backs up and to the side and attacks Rezah with his halberd but is blocked. G2 likewise steps back and attacks Erima and hacks into her right shoulder for 10 with his halberd.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T31:
    Sinxia, what do you do? If you take a FAA, you get an extra attack from the haste in addition to all other bonuses.
    Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show

Lilim on deck, The Scribe in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2017-02-06 at 08:05 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #1473

While we wait for Sinxia's turn ....

Clear as a bell, everyone except Erima hears Erima-Sorshen shout with seething anger, "That bitch, Sorshen! I'll ruin her plans! Kill! Kill the demons!"

Until, of course, you realize that Erima-Sorshen's voice is particularly clear, resounds in your head, and yet you hear none of what else you would expect to hear with a shout like that in this underground stone chamber - no echo of any kind. In fact, it is almost like Erima was next to each of you when she shouted, but with impossible clarity.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2017-02-06 at 10:41 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

"What?!" Lilim shouts to Erima. "You're a telepath now?"
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sinxia will slip back into her combat stance, and let loose a flurry of arrows into the most heavily wounded one (I'm thinking G1, but I could be wrong), each one with the same deadly precision as her first shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Enter Tempest Gale Stance
    Full Attack action With Rapid Shot and Haste (-2 from Rapid Shot, +2 from Judgement, +1 from Haste)

Attack 1 (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage (1d8+10)[17]

Attack 2 (1d20+11)[12]
    Damage (1d8+10)[18]

Attack 3 (1d20+11)[24]
    Damage (1d8+10)[13]
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fumble Save (1d20)[12]

7. - Top - End - #1477

R2T31: Sinxia will slip back into her combat stance, and let loose a flurry of arrows into G1, the schir she perceives as most heavily wounded. The first arrow skims off the demon's hide. With the second shot Sinxia fully misses, and barely keeps ahold of her weapon, but she quickly adjusts her grip for her third shot and it hits true as the arrow pushes past its abyssal resistance and into the schir's side of the neck for 8 mod.

"Sinxia!" calls The Scribe. "A lot of demons have allergies to cold iron, just like a lot of demons are affected by silver. Try those arrows next time."
    Spoiler: meemaas
    Show
    Your sheet is now updated for expenditure of arrows, as well as the current effects of judgment and haste (as well as rapid shot).

R2T22: Lilim, haste was a good call. What do you do?

The Scribe on deck, Teofilo in the hole ...
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilim casts true strike and then moves up to engage G2.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

9. - Top - End - #1479

R2T22: Lilim casts a spell on herself and moves up to engage G2.

R2T19: The Scribe focuses on his internal power some and then attacks. He hits G1 right in the groin for 15. His second attack actually crits the schir in the skull, chipping the bone fully as he pierces his weapon through its brain-pan for 18. The Scribe withdraws his cold iron weapon and the monster falls. Spurred on by mystic energy he continues his attack against G2, but the demonic hide stops his weapon.

R2T18: Teofilo casts a spell on himself and turns invisible.

R2T14: Fallon floats back a few feet out of range of the goat-demon, then focuses her attention (literally) on the demon that flew down to pick up its weapon, but nothing happens.

R2T12: The winged demon takes flight, deftly flies up 10' in the air - right by the 15' high celing - and just barely out of the reach of The Scribe's ranseur.
    Spoiler: Sinxia
    Show
    You hear a voice in your mind telling you to go out to the water's edge to intercept the "other demons."

Roll a Will save against the suggestion.

Clarification: Not your turn to act; just a need for a saving throw.

R2T11: Erima, you are currently raging (and power attacking) and the party is enjoying haste (sheet is updated). What do you do?
    Show

Rezah on deck, schir in the hole ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Where I come from a Will Save is an Act of War
    Show
    Will Save (1d20+10)[22]

11. - Top - End - #1481

Show
    You make your save.

Erima's turn ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Letting her anger guide her moves, Erima keeps bashing the remaining demon on the ground, using the burst of speed to ensure a short fight.

Show
    Well, power attack again on the demon, at -2/+6, during a full attack.

Attack 1 - (1d20+16)[31]

Damage 1 - (1d12+22)[34]

Attack 2 - (1d20+16)[34]

Damage 2 - (1d12+22)[32]

Attack 3 - (1d20+11)[22]

Damage 3 - (1d20+22)[25]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

13. - Top - End - #1483

R2T11: Letting her anger guide her moves, Erima keeps hacking the remaining demon into the ground, using the burst of speed to ensure a short fight. She just keeps wailing into it, gore and viscera flying everywhere!
    Show
    Your sheet is updated for your rage. If you add anything that is not on your sheet, make sure you state what it is in the spoilers, please. I just put in a spot for Power Attack, to include current attack/ damage bonuses from rage, etc. Still, this thing is - as PSinger described - dead.

R2T6: Rezah, not able to reach the flying demon unless he were to go to crossbow (and dropping his shield), prays loudly to Sarenrae for victory.
    Spoiler: Lilim
    Show
    Prayer

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T31:
    Sinxia, what do you do?
    Show
    Haste and your judgment are calculated on your sheet. Leave other calculations to me, please.

Show

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

With her aim supernaturally enhanced, Lilim brings forth purest acidic power and launches to rays at the demon before stepping north a few feet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still under the effect of last round's true strike. It will only affect the first missile.
    She is going to use Elemental Spell on a scorching ray, taking up a 3rd-level slot. Because I have +1 CL with acid spells (since it is now an acid spell), it is now 7th caster level, giving me the extra ray.

Before all else, it is a demon likely with SR, so here is my CL check [roll]1d20+7[roll] (includes higher CL for acid).
    Corrosive Ray #1: RTA (1d20+30)[39], damage (4d6+6)[13]
    Corrosive Ray #2: RTA (1d20+10)[16], damage (4d6)[10]

She takes a 5' step to the north.
    Current Games

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sinxia draws a number of Cold Iron arrows from her Handy Haversack and fires one at the flying demon, quickly stashing the others in her Quiver.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Draw four Cold Iron arrows (I assume its possible, although if its not, I'll have to make do with just one. I don't exactly have a lot of room in my quiver yet.)
    Standard action: Shoot the flying Demon.

Attack roll (1d20+13)[25]
    Damage (1d8+10)[18] Using a Cold Iron arrow

16. - Top - End - #1486

R3T31: Sinxia draws a cold iron arrow from her handy haversack and fires it at the flying demon, hitting it in the right shoulder for 19.
    Spoiler: meemaas
    Show
    Retrieving a stored item is a MA. Sheathing a weapon is likewise an MA, and for which I would accept as the action "line item" for putting arrows from hand into your quiver. I'd say no more than five at a time could be grabbed. That's not the issue.

The issue is that your stated two MAs would be interrupted by a SA - the act of shooting the demon (i.e., making an attack). It takes two hands to hold a bow (including the one ammunition to be used for that shot), so you would have had to dump the arrows onto the floor except the one used. Once on the floor, I WOULD have you - at least in battle - deal with only being able to pick up arrows one at a time. In the end, and given that you had the caveat in spoilers, it was about drawing a special arrow and shooting it. That was most in line with what you really wanted to do ... mainly, getting an effective piece of weaponry and hitting the demon with it.

R3T22: With her aim supernaturally enhanced, Lilim brings forth purest acidic power and launches two rays at the demon before stepping north a few feet. Both hit, but only the first one does any damage (4 mod acid).

R3T19: The Scribe quickly makes an analysis regarding the demon. "It's an incubus. Sonic best, fire useless; resistant to all else. Cold iron or good."

He moves past Lilim to get right under the demon and then attacks with his reach weapon to hit for 15.

R3T18: Whispered into Sinxia's ear is Teofilo's voice, who must be standing behind her (remember, he is invisible). "Tell me the command for your pack, and I'll make sure you have ammunition ready."

Sinxia, do you let him know the command word for your haversack?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sinxia will indeed tell him the command word. She'll appreciate the help, after all.

18. - Top - End - #1488

R3T18 (Cont'd): Sinxia mentions the command word to her haversack and several arrows come out and are positioned near the top of the quiver (but not yet in).

R3T14: Fallon easily slides west 5' (while still 5' in the air) to keep out of reach of the incubus. She takes out that tale-tell little feather and tart and throws it at the demon, easily burning through its spell resistance, but it is still a monster of great will and does not fall for cheap spell-humor.

R3T12: The incubus tries to acrobatically fly safely past The Scribe's attack area and fails, and is hit by the man for 16. Still, it flies past and gets right overhead of Sinxia, channeling its malice into a deadly strike ... only to fail ... and then fly back up to a height of 10'.

R3T11: Erima, you recover from the last charge you had made. You are currently in a rage. There is no way to reach the flying incubus with your axe. What do you do?
    Show

Rezah on deck, Sinxia in the hole ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sighing for a long second, Erima stops boiling, throwing an angry gaze toward the flying man.

"Come down there if you dare!"

Show
    Ending rage, and trying to intimidate him.

Intimidate - (1d20+21)[28]

(Pretty sure the +2 from Bear's Balance hasn't been removed.)

20. - Top - End - #1490

R3T11: Sighing for a long second, Erima stops boiling, throwing an angry gaze toward the flying man. "Come down there if you dare!"
    Show
    I think you must be working off of old data. You're Intimidate score is significantly higher. Also, you dropped Bear's Balance long ago for Hurtful ... now that you're immune to fear.
    Despite being a demon, the incubus looks visibly shaken!

R3T6: Rezah, seeing what this battle is likely to become, drops his scimitar and looses his shield to the ground. He then takes out his masterwork crossbow.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T31:
    Sinxia, what do you do?

Show

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ogre in the Playground

Sometimes, the simple way is the best. Lilim lets loose with several arcane bolts that hit the incubus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast magic missile. CL check vs. SR = (1d20+6)[24], if it gets through, then (3d4+7)[18] force damage.
    Current Games

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sinxia will draw the arrows and start launching them one after another at the Incubus, hoping to take it down with extreme prejudice

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack with Cold Iron arrows.

Attack 1 (1d20+11)[20]
    Damage (1d8+10)[15]

Attack 2 (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage (1d8+10)[15]

Attack 3 (Haste) (1d20+11)[20]
    Damage (1d8+10)[14]

23. - Top - End - #1493

R4T31: Sinxia takes arrows from Teofilo's presumably waiting hands (located right by Sinxia so it is as easy to draw as any ammunition) and starts launching them one after another at the Incubus, hoping to take it down with extreme prejudice. He hits the demon all three times for a total 47! Extreme prejudice, indeed. Somehow, someway, the thing is still in the air.

R4T22: With 18 force from three magic missiles, the thing falls to the ground, with Sinxia just barely ducking out of the way.

R4T19: The Scribe takes a 5-foot step and performs a coup de grace on G1 for good measure.

R4T18: Teofilo appears after having drilled an icicle into the skull of the incubus to make sure that it is dead.

Combat Ends (Battle Adjustments will be removed from sheets w/in the next 20 minutes from this post) ...

The bodies and gear of the two schirs disappear ... proof that they had been summoned by the incubus.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2017-04-24 at 10:08 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ogre in the Playground

What did the incubus have on him?
    Current Games

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Her breath still short, Erima asks her teammate :

"So, what's there ?"

26. - Top - End - #1496

Thumbs up Re: Shattered Star (IC)

In addition to the incubus' body, he had a masterwork scimitar ... not magical. All of that, and a quality scimitar only to show for it.

Looking at the room a little more, the mural depicts Sorshen standing atop the Grand Mastaba of Korvosa, which everyone except Erima (ironically) recognize from depictions as the foundation for Castle Korvosa.

With a full and detailed sweep, only the double doors to the south are an egress - no traps or secret doors. Given how winded everyone is from a long day of fighting and using resources, the incubus' body is tossed out into the hall to the east and camp will be made here.

Lilim and Teofilo will make notes on and discuss the engineering of the structure thus far. The Scribe will be journaling and writing up the chronicles and making sketches. Erima - to get people destressed - will run Rezah, Fallon, and Sinxia through a variety of exercises.

Other than any off-camera RP that might occur (use the Interactive), the party will bed down after setting watches. During the night, there will be a soft ding above the heads of both Rezah and Lilim.

OOC: Congratulations, while a different cast of characters than what began, we have reached Page 50 of this thread and this is to be the last post. I will create a new thread for Part II and send it out within the next day or so.
    Show