New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Red Hand of Doom in Eberron

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'm going to roll for the hydra (after Isaac goes, that is).
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Upon seeing their enemies come out, Isaac can't help but feel a bit more relieved. This, he could deal with more easily.

"Excuse me, passing through-"

Moving quickly past Wrex, he charges unseen into the midst of their foes, stepping around the minotaur's corpse and stopping in front of the goblin shot by Mina.

Without another word or wasted movement, he lifts his crossbow and shoots it straight at the creature's vitals in his chest, his aim guided by Roger's song and Mina's altered bolts. He comes into view out of thin air as he does so, and immediately draws his morningstar with a free hand, a cold and determined expression on his face.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: Move to J17 by moving 5 squares up and then one left.
    Standard action: Shoot the goblin at I16 with my crossbow.
    Swift action: Draw my morningstar with my Least Crystal of Return.

Attack roll: (1d20+15)[17] (+8 from normal attack bonuses, +2 from goblinoid bane, +3 from Inspire Courage, +2 from being invisible; additionally, the opponent cannot apply his AC from Dexterity)
    Damage roll: (1d8+3)[8] plus (2d6)[4] from goblinoid bane, plus (2d6)[2] from Malphas' Sudden Strike.

In case of critical (19-20)
    Confirmation: (1d20+15)[33]
    Extra damage: (1d8+3)[7]

I swear, if I roll a 1 I'm going to be upset.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Round Order:
    Isaac
    Mina
    Wrex
    Roger

Lavender

Mina's shot bounces off of her target's breastplate, but Isaac's bolt is a different story, punching deep into the hobgoblin's shoulder. The invisible government agent fires a bolt at Mina's target; a bolt that by all rights should have gone wide, but the hobgoblin veteran jerks in surprise at Mina's shot right into the path of Isaac's. The bolt doesn't kill the warrior, but blood begins to pour over the front of his armor. The hydra shrieks, and the last dregs of sneakiness are lost.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2014-03-16 at 12:31 PM.

LGBTitP

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Wrex laughs at the hobgoblin as he strides forward, his chain never stopping its dizzying path as he brings it above his head or behind his back to match his strides. "I bring a swift death and a new dawn for our race, more than you deserve." He brings the chain sweeping upwards from a low angle, hoping to catch the hobgoblin off balance and open a window for his allies to finish him off.

Combat Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Free Action: Action movie talk
    Move Action: Move to K16
    Standard Action: Leading the Attack versus hobgoblin at i16
    Attack: (1d20+8)[9] (no bonuses added)
    Damage: (2d4+6)[12]
    On hit: Allies gain +4 to attack versus opponent for 1 round

Combat Statistics
    Spoiler
    Show

Current HP: 38/38
    Current Stance: Iron Guard's Glare

Readied Maneuvers
    Crusader's Strike
    Mountain Hammer

Spent Maneuvers
    Leading the Attack
    Stone Vice

Next Round Maneuver: (1d2)[1] = Douse the Flames
    Last edited by King Tius; 2014-03-11 at 02:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Roger continues his song, making a mental note of the taunts the goblins use. It would be best to let Wrex handle his own kindred, but to compile a profile of the group's motives would be useful, and their threats would certainly help. More so, he suspects, if they don't know he can speak their language.

So he follows Wrex's lead and moves to attack his target.

Spoiler
    Show
    So if I'm reading the map correctly, it's basically all double-move terrain between Roger and the gobbie Wrex swung at, so moving 15' north to J-17 should cost all 30' of his movement, correct?

Assuming my reading of the map is correct, moving to J-17 and taking a swing at the goblin there.

Attack (1d20+10)[15]

Damage (1d8+7)[11], of which 2 is sonic.

Dookie.
    Last edited by Saskia; 2014-03-15 at 11:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

A malevolent grin steals its way onto Lavender's face when the hydra forces her way into the courtyard. "Happa happa." Seeing the target of the others' attention still standing she draws up a bolt of electric energy and shoots it at the hobgoblin to finish the job.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to K21, Kelgore's
    Electricity - (5d6)[13] Reflex 14 halves
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Round 5

Roger and Wrex are unable to follow up on Isaac's success, though neither of them have the advantage of invisibility when they make their attacks. Lavender's blast is able to connect, at least, and the crackling rock slams into the big warrior, doing serious damage and nearly dropping him. He manage to stay on his feet, however, so he remains a threat. The hydra manages to finally force its way through the front gate with a grunt and roar of effort, losing a few scales in the process and busting up the already rotten and shattered remains of the castle's entrance. It snaps its seven heads in every direction, declaring the center of the courtyard as its own. The hydra scents blood in the air, and at this point it is so hungry that not even Mina would be safe beside it.

The hobgoblins, for their credit, do not even consider running in the face of such a threat. One of them moves in immediately, attempting to draw the hydra's attention away from his comrades. His teammate moves to support him at range, dropping his longsword in favor of the longbow. Finally, the captain of their three-goblin squad moves forward, open to the hydra's fury and apparently ready to receive the brunt of its rage. He succeeds, more than he intended, as four of the seven heads snap down at him viciously, seeking flesh. The warrior does not falter, however, and he hacks at the monster with his greatsword, displaying admirable strength.

As this happens, the doors to the stables burst open, revealing what you knew to be inside; worgs and goblin riders. There are three pairs, one of them at the door and two others just behind. They seem ready to charge into battle, having taken the time to properly don their armor and makeshift saddles, but at the sight of the hydra their blood runs cold. Goblins and worgs are not exactly cowards, but they are survivors; no matter how religiously fanatic they may be, none of the pairs are willing to enter the battlefield if it means facing an enraged hydra.

The three warriors in melee with the party come to the decision to ignore the monster at their back and face the more immediate and potentially manageable threat that the party represents. Roger, Wrex, and Isaac are each attacked, though Mina and Lavender are spared for now thanks to their distance from the brawl. Isaac takes the worst of the exchange; the heavily wounded captain proves to be a brutal opponent, and his blade catches the binder at his throat, ripping open a potentially life-threatening wound.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Reflex save (soft cover grants no bonus) vs DC 14: (1d20+4)[12]

Shift to L11 and attack: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]

Move to J7, drop sword/draw longbow, fire: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]

(I forget how I ruled before, but seven-headed attacks of opportunity twice a turn is nuts. I'm going to go with two two-headed AoO's and see if that feels too weak.)

AoO1 Attack 1: (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[11]

AoO1 Attack 2: (1d20+10)[28]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[5]

AoO2 Attack 1: (1d20+10)[18]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[10]

AoO2 Attack 2: (1d20+10)[28]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[8]

Captain Attack: (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[13]
    _________

Goblin uses move to open door, none of them choose to use the rest of their turn to enter the yard (the difference between a goblin and a hobgoblin right there).
    _________

Attack vs Roger: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]

Attack vs Wrex: (1d20+8)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[3]

Captain shift down, then Attack vs Isaac: (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[11]

Round Order:
    Isaac
    Mina
    Wrex
    Roger
    Lavender
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2014-04-02 at 09:09 AM.

LGBTitP

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Crit Confirm vs Isaac
    Show
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+9)[27]
    Extra Damage: (2d6+6)[17]

LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #429

Isaac flinches back from the hobgoblin's powerful blow, the steel biting into his chest harshly. With a grimace he readies his morningstar and swings it back at his attacker, with less precision than his crossbow's blow.

He then quickly takes a few steps back, out of his reach. "Pardon, Wrex, I'm getting in the way of your opponent," he says. "Also, if any of you have a Healing Belt ready, now would be a good time for its use."

Show
    Standard action: Attack hobgoblin at I17 with his morningstar.
    Then, Isaac takes a 5-ft step to the right.

Attack roll: (1d20+6)[8] plus Action Point (1d6)[5]
    Damage roll: (1d8+1)[2]

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Mina steps forward next to Isaac. "I'll play healer but you need to be a good patient," she quips. Activating her healing belt is but a moment's concentration but catching him as he dodges and weaves is more difficult.

Spoiler: Meta
    Show
    No move necessary if Isaac is now at K17.
    Touch attack [roll]1d20+2[/roll] This may not be necessary if he's out of combat. Edit but I missed off the closing tag anyway. Do you need me to roll to hit?
    2 charges (3d8)[12]

Pig to attack the hobgoblin at L15
    Bite (1d20+5)[18] for (1d6+3)[8]
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2014-04-06 at 02:24 AM.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Wrex steps in to take Isaac's place, excited by the opportunity to face the Captain head-to-head. He taunts the hobgoblin leader as he whips his chain over his head and brings it sweeping down against him. "Manticore got your tongue? A true leader does not buy his warriors. No wonder your beast has fled and your goblins cower in fear." All of this is in Goblin, of course. As he attacks he draws upon his training to channel healing energy towards Isaac.

Combat Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Free Action: More action movie talk
    Swift Action: Shift to Martial Spirit Stance
    Move Action: Move to J17
    Standard Action: Crusader's Strike versus hobgoblin at i17
    Attack: (1d20+8)[24] (27 with Inspire Courage)
    Damage: (2d4+6)[10] (13 with Inspire Courage)
    On hit: Heal Isaac for (1d6+6)[12]

Combat Statistics
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Stance: Martial Spirit
    Current Buffs: +3/+3 (Inspire Courage)

Readied Maneuvers
    Douse the Flames
    Mountain Hammer

Spent Maneuvers
    Crusader's Strike
    Leading the Attack
    Stone Vice

Next Round Maneuver: Charging Minotaur
    Last edited by King Tius; 2014-04-07 at 10:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Part of Roger wishes he could feel sympathy for these goblins. They want to rebuild their old kingdoms, but have no idea of either the scope of the land they're invading or the power of the military that would crush them even if Roger and his merry band failed. How the mighty have fallen, from continent-spanning empire to ignorant savages relying on brute force like the orcs of the demon wastes.

But, so unfortunately for these hostiles, all the sympathy in the world doesn't overcome trying to kill Roger or his friends.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Using an action point for a bardic music for snowflake wardance because using 3 bardic music in one combat is just silly.

Also, combat expertise for 3.

AC18, to-hit +10, HP 20/30

Attack (1d20+10)[28] on the guy who was up in Isaac's grill (unless he's dead, in which case the one up in Roger's grill)
    Damage (1d8+7)[15], of which 2 is sonic.[/roll]
    Last edited by Saskia; 2014-04-07 at 10:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

"Yay, life targets to test my new spell!" Goblins and worgs certainly will do, much better than just grass and trees! Drawing up her arcane power Lavender creates a whirling vortex of blue-white energy in her open palm emitting a high-pitched screeching noise. "Heads up!" Pushing her arm forward she sends the scintillating sphere through the breach, past the main battle line and between the two hobgoblins facing the hydra's snapping heads, right into the midst of the worg riders. First it seems to miss all of them, but then the sphere suddenly expands in all directions, spreading a shifting web of lightning arcs dancing everywhich way and hitting everything in that part of the stables.

Spoiler
    Show
    Must... resist... Temptation overwhelming...

"Raiton Rasenshuriken!"

I did my utmost.

Move to J20, center Scintillating Sphere on M5/N6. All within 20 ft(worgs and their riders, maybe something offscreen) take Electricity - (7d6)[29]. Reflex 16 halves.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Round 6

Blood has begun to soak the ground of the once-grand keep.

Isaac contributes his share of blood for a moment or two before being healed by both Mina and Wrex; if nothing else, the party can agree on keeping each other alive. Pig lunges forward, ripping into his foe with a vigor not often seen in constructs. Wrex follows up the metal hound's successful strike with a powerful blow of his own, and he manages to bring the greatsword-bearing hobgoblin down to the dirt. The bladebearer hacks up blood as he passes out; he isn't dead, but he will be soon without healing.

Roger whips his own blade forward with supernatural speed and grace, his song still filling the air with subtle musical power. Your blades all feel lighter, your arms stronger, your eyes sharper. Roger's own blade and arm seem plenty strong, and he overpowers the trained soldier in front of him with a brutal strike, cutting the hobgoblin deeply. Lavender, not to be outdone, finally pulls out one of her largest and most dangerous spells; a flickering sphere of voltaic power that explodes into brutal bolts of lighting, killing two of the worg-riding goblins outright and nearly slaying the worgs themselves. More blood soaks the ground.

Her lightning does not go unanswered, however. A glowing figure flies up out of the highest tower of the castle, wreathed in magic and clearly furious. He is a bugbear, ugly and hairy, and he points his index finger down at the hydra. "KILL IT," he booms in goblin, spittle flying from his mouth in rage. He holds his hands out before him, and a spark of power gathers between them, innocuous and small. Then with a shout a thunderbolt coalesces, exploding outwards into the hydra. The light is blinding, and the resulting explosion shakes the ground and sends bits of stone falling from the broken walls.

The worgs, who had been about to turn and run, instead charge forward as a group. They clearly fear this sorcerer more than the hydra; perhaps even more than death. The hobgoblin soldier also fight back with renewed vigor, despite the hydra's ferocious swarm of biting attacks. The two hobgoblins near the party close ranks, attempting to keep the group from rescuing the hydra from the focused assault, and one of them manages to score a powerful blow on Roger.

The hydra, for its part, does not seem to want to go down easily; left unchecked, it may well kill the castle's defenders on its own. The serpentine heads, despite the damage they've taken, are relentless. It kills one of the worgs and its rider as they charge it, then the other two with a flurry of blows. It also finishes off the second bladebearer, ripping the greatsword-wielding hobgoblin's head clean off and swallowing it with a gulp.

Show

Show
    Pain leaps in front of the Raiton Rasenshuriken, absorbing the jutsu before it can go off. Believe it.

(6d6)[17] Electricity damage, Reflex DC 16 for half.

Hydra Reflex: (1d20+6)[15]

AoO 1: (1d20+10)[28]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[12]

AoO 2: (1d20+10)[20]

AoO 3: (1d20+10)[28]

AoO 4: (1d20+10)[23]

Worg 1: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

Worg 2: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]

Worg 3: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

Goblin 3: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[3]
    Ride: (1d20+13)[26]

Bladebearer: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[16]

H2: (1d20+6)[23]

H3: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6]

Hydra 1: (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[14]

Hydra 2: (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[13]

Hydra 3: (1d20+10)[18]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[8]

Hydra 4: (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[7]

Hydra 5: (1d20+10)[11]

Hydra 6: (1d20+10)[28]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[13]

Hydra 7: (1d20+10)[19]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[9]

H5, versus Roger: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]

H6, versus Pig: (1d20+8)[26]
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2014-04-18 at 01:42 PM.

LGBTitP

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Crit on Roger
    Show
    Confirmation:(1d20+8)[24]
    Bonus Damage: (1d8+2)[4]

LGBTitP

16. - Top - End - #436

Isaac swears slightly underneath his breath. They should probably finish off all their weaker opponents before coming to face him. Quickly dropping the morningstar he would probably not need for the rest of the battle, he reloads his crossbow before unleashing another shot at the goblin nearest to him.

"I suggest we take cover in a building before that bugbear directs his attention to us."

Show
    Free action: Drop morningstar.
    Move action: Reload crossbow
    Standard action: Attack the goblin at K15 with crossbow

Attack roll: (1d20+9)[27] (+3 BAB, +3 Dex, +2 from pact augmentation, +2 from goblin bane, +3 from Inspire Courage, -4 from firing into melee)
    Damage roll:(1d8+3)[6]+(2d6)[4]
    Last edited by Crinias; 2014-04-23 at 08:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

"I'll keep the sorcerer busy. Someone help my construct before it gets broken again." Mina draws on the power of her dragonmark and directs the wind at the bugbear flying above them. Fifty mile an hour winds would make it difficult for him to hear his own magic words and to manipulate spell components easily.

Spoiler: META
    Show
    Gust of wind at the bugbear. Medium creatures are moved back (1d6)[2]×5 feet (Up to 60 feet away from Mina) but the main reason is to disrupt his spell casting for a round.

If I haven't got line of sight on the bugbear then shoot the goblin facing Pig (1d20+5)[13] for (1d8+5)[7] + (2d6)[4]

Pig to attack the hobgoblin at L15
    Bite (1d20+5)[19] for (1d6+3)[5]

Move into the manticore's lair for cover.
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2014-04-25 at 09:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Wrex steps toward the two closest hobgoblins, his chain never stopping in its deadly whirlings. "Go, I will cover your retreat." He lashes out with all his might at whichever of the two hobgoblins still stands (or just stands there menacingly so everyone can get inside).

Combat Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Not an Action: 5 foot step to K16
    Standard Action: Mountain Hammer hobgob at K15 or at L15 if K15 is dead
    Attack: (1d20+11)[21] (overcomes DR or Hardness)
    Damage: (2d4+9)[14] + (2d6)[7] + 2 HP to Isaac
    Swift Action: Switch stance to Iron Guard's Glare

Combat Statistics
    Spoiler
    Show

Readied Maneuvers
    Charging Minotaur
    Douse the Flames

Spent Maneuvers
    Crusader's Strike
    Leading the Attack
    Mountain Hammer
    Stone Vice

Next Round Maneuvers: (1d6)[5] Mountain Hammer (1d5)[1] Crusader's Strike
    Last edited by King Tius; 2014-04-25 at 07:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

The blow catches Roger off guard and hits with sufficient force to end his song. "Foul!"

Carefully so as not to leave an opening, he steps back into the building and gives himself a shot with his healing magic.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Everyone still gets another 5 rounds of inspire courage!
    Move 5-foot step
    Standard cure light wounds on himself to hopefully not get murdered horribly (1d8+5)[7]
    Free use an action point to recall the spell slot used for that cure spell.

Also why have I not been using mirror image? I am straight up retarded.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

A smirk crosses Lavender's face when the bugbear uses lightning of all things to attack their hydra. She could feign offense at someone treading on her territory, but the booming success of her previous spell left her too excited for that. She had come up with a better way than brute force to defeat a hydra and this fellow caster's inability to do so would be his downfall. Seeing the wounds on their pet already closing she decides that delaying the caster is all that is needed to ensure victory in the courtyard. Stepping into the breach she slams her spear into the ground, a loud boom ripping through the air above as an explosion of sound errupts right behind the bugbear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to K19

Great Thunderclap so it hits the bugbear.
    Fort 16 or deaf
    Will 16 or stunned

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Round 7

Isaac's bolt hits the hobgoblin just above his collarbone, where no armor shields him. The bolt punches all the way through the goblin and out the other side, followed by a spurt of blood. The soldier keeps his feet, somehow, but he clearly does not have long to live without immediate healing. Mina turns her attention to the most serious threat, blasting him back with a jet of air. He tumbles head of heels, but manages to stop the tumble quickly, only moving back about ten feet from his starting position. Pig lunges forward, sinking his iron fangs into the less-injured hobgoblin's leg, eliciting a shout of pain from the warrior.

Wrex follows up Isaac's crossbow bolt with his chain, and he definitively ends the injured hobgoblin's life with the blow. The corpse tumbles to the ground, joining the blood and bodies already littering the area. His comrade's eyes go wide, and his hands begin to shake; he is last of his kin beside from the two who are in the middle of being consumed by the hydra. Roger takes the opportunity to duck out of the line of fire, partially healing his own wounds and catching his breath.

Lavender decides that Mina's stratagem is the correct one, and she backs up the blast of wind with a booming thunderclap, jarring the sorcerer. The bugbear is a tough foe, however, and he manages to resist the worst of the thunderclap spell's effects. He fires off a spell at the party, and then flies out of the wind and closer to the hydra. The glowing ball of energy he launches at the party resolves itself into a massive web of sticky threads, covering the group and locking you all into place. Considering the hydra's insensate rage, this may be more problematic than it might have been otherwise.

Over on the hydra's side of the fight, things are not going well for the castle's defenders. The two remaining hobgoblins fighting the hydra battle like heroes; they show no fear, attack with all their strength, and display both skill and cunning. The seven-headed, regenerating monster responds to their heroism by tearing them limb from limb, partially consuming them before they cease drawing breath. The hydra is in a full rage now, shrieking into the sky, and once the two hobgoblins are dead it begins to eat from both them and the fallen worgs, gorging on still-hot meat. The final living hobgoblin takes a swing at Pig, determined to do something before his death. He is so afraid and injured that he nearly drops his sword, and his blow goes nowhere near the construct.

Show

Show
    Bugbear Fort: (1d20+6)[9]
    Bugbear Fort: (1d20+6)[25]
    Bugbear Will: (1d20+8)[22]

(1d100)[69]

If he succeeds, he casts Web on the party, Reflex DC 14.

H2: (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]

H3: (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[3]

Hydra deathsplosion needs no rolls. Seriously, they statistically can't live.

...fiiiiine.

Hydra 1: (1d20+10)[26]

Hydra 2: (1d20+10)[19]

Hydra 3: (1d20+10)[19]

Hydra 4: (1d20+10)[24]

Hydra 5: (1d20+10)[27]

Hydra 6: (1d20+10)[23]

Hydra 7: (1d20+10)[17]

H6, versus Pig: (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[9]
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2014-05-14 at 02:52 PM.

LGBTitP

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

"With me, Pig Iron," Mina rushes across the manticore's lair to the door opposite and flings it open. Throwing caution to the winds she looks around for an arrow slit or gap in the wall so that she can aim at the sorcerer.

Show
    Move through the door at P15 to P12 or P13. I should have plenty of move to do this unless the door is locked or barred. If there's no arrow slit then open the door to shoot but use it to grant as much cover as I can. Have my homunculus follow me if it can.

Light Crossbow (1d20+9)[22] (+4 class and Dex, +3 inspire courage, +2 bane most of which I keep forgetting) for (1d8+5)[9] + (2d6)[7] damage
    Critical (19-20) (1d20+9)[22] for (1d8+5)[8]

It's already loaded.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443

Isaac curses under his breath at the hobgoblin's spell. They really should have spread out more, he realizes. He tries to free himself, struggles, tries to move with as much subtlety as might be useful under this situation.

Unfortunately, the web's too strong for him to move through, however he might try.

Show
    As per the rules of Web, since I made the save, I'm still entangled and can only move with difficulty. Each round I may make a Strength or Escape Artist check to move; for each 5 full points that exceed 10 on the check, I can move 5 feet. Thus, I will attempt to move to the building directly east; that way, I only need to move 10 feet to escape.

Escape Artist check: (1d20+1)[4]
    Last edited by Crinias; 2014-05-18 at 08:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

The web spell explodes around the Volaar warrior but he hardly seems to notice. The mage buzzing around in the air like an arcane mayfly has him incensed, but only because the coward is staying out of range. Wrex focuses his displeasure on the lone hobgoblin standing next to him amidst the webbing.

Spoiler: Combat Actions
    Show

Reflex save vs. Web: (1d20+3)[17]

Standard Action: Mountain Hammer hobgoblin at L15
    Attack: (1d20+9)[28] (overcomes DR or Hardness, -2 from Entangled condition)
    Damage: (2d4+9)[11] + (2d6)[6]

Spoiler: Combat Statistics
    Show

Current AC: 19 (-4 Dex from Entangled condition)

Readied Maneuvers
    Crusader's Strike

Spent Maneuvers
    Mountain Hammer

Next Round Maneuvers: (1d4)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

The insufferable bastard! Roger's seen this trick before. "Get out of the webs and brace for fire!"

Spoiler: Rolls and stuff, yo.
    Show
    (1d20+2)[16] strength plus (1d6)[4] for an action point to move five feet to I-15, or to E-15 if possible. Also it's not clear to me if that costs a full-round action or not. If not, he'll use his standard action to cast cure light wounds on himself for (1d8+5)[11] points.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, that's somewhat annoying." With little more than a blink Lavender vanishes only to in the same instant reappear a short distance from the web. Casting a spell on herself her feet leave the ground and she flies up into the air, her eyes focused on the likewise airborne bugbear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dimension Hop to K21
    Cast Fly
    Move to K21+30

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Round 8

Mina's bolt comes within inches of the bugbear's skin, but at the very last moment it is repelled by some unseen force; she recognizes it as either a Mage Armor or Shield spell, though she cannot tell which from the tiny interaction. Pig Iron and Isaac finds themselves trapped, however; the small construct and the slender Binder are unable to budge the web out of their way. Wrex is more successful; he manages to crush the final hobgoblin with a brutal blow, and his chain leaves the soldier bleeding out into the dirt. Roger has better luck with the web, having been caught on the very edge of it, and with a heroic shove he is able to retreat further into the barracks, away from hydra and sorcerer alike. Lavender blinks her way out of the web, and then takes to the air to oppose the flying bugbear.

Unfortunately, the bugbear seems to take her sudden ascension as a real threat; after all, his escape is no longer guaranteed. Chanting loudly, spittle flying from his mouth, the bugbear whirls his hands about him. He brings them together with a clap, and a massive bolt of lightning surges through Lavender, powerful enough that you can smell the ozone from your position on the ground. Then, after noticing the fall of his last solider, the bugbear seems to decide that enough is enough. He turns, and begins to streak away from the old keep.

The hydra then turns a few of its heads towards the enwebbed heroes, snuffling the air lightly. It growls, the air filled with the rumbling of seven huge throats. Then, drawing up to its full height, it lunges... down at the corpses on the ground, and it continues gorging itself on the still-warm meat. It is a voracious eater, and bits of blood, bone, and viscera are sprayed over the walls and the web alike.

Show

Show
    I decided you were right about the hydra. I rolled Pig's Escape artist in RL for map-updating purposes, and unfortunately he got a FOUR before modifiers. (OotS joke, anyone?)

Lightning Bolt, DC 15 for half: (6d6)[26] Electricity damage.

And... that's it. Feels kinda lame. Maybe I should roll for the hydra's consumption of corpses.

LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

Mina emerges cautiously from the gatehouse and takes another shot at the departing bugbear. She gives the hydra plenty of room, "Better let her eat before we try to get by."

Show
    Light Crossbow (1d20+9)[16] (Do I get a flanking bonus as he's got his back to us now?) for (1d8+5)[9] + (2d6)[8] damage
    Critical (19-20) (1d20+9)[23] for (1d8+5)[9]

That's gonna miss too.
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2014-05-31 at 07:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449

Relieved that the hydra has decided on a different lunch than them, Isaac once again struggles against the sticky webs surrounding him.

Show
    I shall attempt the same as last round and try to escape.

Escape Artist check: (1d20+1)[9]

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    If it makes you feel better, hoverfrog, he had like four rounds to buff before he emerged. His AC is pretty solid right now.

LGBTitP