New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 53

Nightsworn Alley

The Murder Goblin wasn't expecting the water, and is unprepared for the fireball. It's incinerated and out of the fight.

The other three manage to dodge Adan, and two leap at the guy whose name I've forgotten, oops. They're heavy enough that should they hit he'd likely have difficulty remaining upright, and they're trying to rend with their claws as well.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Nightsworn Alley]

I am actually just making this character up as I go along and you haven't forgotten his name, I just haven't given him a name until now.

Nerissa blocks one of the goblins and Adan blocks the other. The boy, who I now dub as Ivan, gives an overhead swing with his staff using all his strength on the goblin blocked by Nerissa, this hit is aimed at the head. The two guardians then wink out once more.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #873
    Orc in the Playground

Nightsworn Alley

The staff bounces off the Murder Goblin's thick skull, and it tries to press its attack and lashes out at Ivan's torso, hopefully before he can pop another guardian out to block.

The one blocked by Adan tries to dart behind Ivan at this point, whilst the third is jumping in, expecting to be blocked and aiming to lash out as soon as it hits something.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Nightsworn Alley]

As the one in fron of Ivan lashes out he manuevers over to a wall so that he won't expose his back. He doesn't get out of this scott free as a claw had hit his torso. It hurt but the claw didn't pierce through Ivan's gear. The third goblin jumping in misses as Ivan has manuevered out of the way. Still things are not going well as he has his back on the wall and there are three goblins in his path.
    Ivan defends hoping that the three go for him while he summons Adan behind the goblins. Adan summoned will then fireball bahind one goblin and pinball towards the other two goblins.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

5. - Top - End - #875
    Orc in the Playground

Nightsworn Alley

Adan roasts another Murder Goblin, but once again the other two dodge. At this point, rather than continuing their assault, they decide to run away to slaughter another day. One jumps to the wall above Ivan's head and scampers upwards, towards a cracked window into a disused warehouse. The other scampers along the alleyway in the direction Ivan came from, hoping he's less keen on retracing his steps.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Nightsworn Alley]

Ivan slumps down the wall. "Huff... huff... huff... that was pitiful." he berates himself. True, you nearly lost to a couple of measl goblins but what can you do? This was your first actual battle. The more you fight, the more magic your body will be able to handle. Adan says in a matter of fact tone. "No pain, no gain eh? Well just give me a short reprieve." Ivan sits down and rests on the wall while Adan and Nerisse keep watch on the surroundings inside of Ivan. Afterwards Ivan will continue down Nightsworn Alley.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

Nightsworn Alley

Unfortunately, I think that's everything I can think of for now. If you're willing to wait until tomorrow, I might be able to come up with something else, but no guarantees I'm afraid.

Or, Ivan will find himself at the mouth of Nightsworn Alley no worse for ware... Besides minor magical exhaustion, a slight bruise upon his torso and an empty stomach.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Nightsworn Alley]

Methinks that was a good adventure. And so after walking ahead Ivan finds himself out of the alleyway and back to safe streets. How this happened, he does not know but he is glad. Nothing makes a person hungrier than an adventure. He's done for the day and goes home home for a nice hot meal... which he has to hunt first then cook.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

9. - Top - End - #879
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Black Goat Woods]

Fear is valuable, yes. But when it grips too tight...

The young man is fortunate that he had the good sense to collect wards and charms against the foul things here, otherwise that stick aura of terror clinging to the zombies would likely freeze him with mind-numbing horror.

As it stands only the very natural fear of awful things and impending death is assaulting him.

Two of the zombies freeze in place at the command, though the third continues its twitching approach. Once the creature is within ten feet or so a trio of ropey strands of black slime erupt from its gaping mouth and attempt to lash around the lad's arm, leg and waste. Should it manage to seize him the creature will begin to reel him in like a speared fish.

[Hodgepodge Street - Fountain Way]

"Zombie apocalypse?" Olive replies somewhat nervously. "Sorry you had to go through that. I've heard about these crises that have caused so much trouble in the past, but I haven't actually been here from one of them."

Which would mean he's been in the Nexus for... less than two years?

Or maybe not.

Time is really wonky here sometimes.

Meanwhile!

Rawhide gives a nod. "Not even a little bit, or so Ah heard. I'm sure someone at one uh the theaters would be willin' to explain it better than I can."

That sounds like a quest!

And not one of those dangerous violent quests, either. The nice pleasant sort of quest where you chat with someone about an interesting subject over tea.

[Poverty Lane - Mutated Guy's House]

The process isn't exactly fast. It'll take a good hour or so for the new legs to grow in. And the starspawn actually looks slightly smaller as a result of this expenditure of power. She sacrifices her own substance to heal.

"You're welcome. Now then, payment. My request is simple. Release the binding on me so that I won't be returned to the Far Realms."

Uuuh...

Is setting a starspawn loose in the Nexus really wise? Regardless of whether it is a good idea or not the binding circle that the man had cast should compel him to uphold his agreement.

[Carousel Court - Pub of the Prancing Pony]

Booze is acquired! Hazzah! The pub sells salt-licks as well, of course. Though these happen to be the sort that aren't laced with highly addictive drugs. Just normal salt-licks. This is a reputable business establishment after all.

Chairs here aren't really chairs per se. They're cushions to recline on that have been treated so they don't absorb any drinks spilled on them. They aren't the most comfortable of things and they smell kind of funny, but at least they aren't wet.

The people working here (several ponies and one rather deft hobbit) are all wearing matching hats. This doesn't seem to be a house of ill repute as it were. As a matter of fact it doesn't look like there's anyone here would would fall under the typical 'shady individuals' category.

Unless you want to count the cheerful earth pony who just popped up next to their table as 'shady'. "Hi there I'm Petal Confetti. Are you three new to Carousel Court? Are you planning on living here or are you just passing through? I need to know what sort of party to get ready for after all!"

The mare is a soft cotton candy pink with a blue mane and tail sprinkled with colorful round beads. The overall effect makes it look like she has bubblegum ice cream for hair. Judging from her infectiously happy demeanor they're being accosted by one of the local Party Ponies.

[Everfree Park]

Battle lust is something the Queen can most certainly work with. She moves with the attempted arm-ripping, pirouetting away and sliding her sword free. That attack almost certainly should have pulled her arm off, but she looks no worse for it. In fact she seems even stronger than she was previously.

She's wearing one of those insufferable 'I know something that you don't' smirks.

"Your kind is all the same," she purrs. "You believe your power makes you unstoppable. I shall humble you as I have others like you."

The barb spoken, she once again assumes a fighting stance, the point of her rapier held toward Serph.

"Come little warrior. Show me the depths of your thirst for battle. Destroy me with your greatest techniques."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

[Below the TV Tower]

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    The blade scores a direct hit, gouging out a moderate chunk of bone. Hikari's continued shots begin taking a toll on the skull, as the glow seems to flicker on each hit. "Jamie! Be careful!"

The skull tilts itself upward, unleashing a large beam of pressurized gas. A hit will cause pain. Lots of pain.
    Mikani shrieks in surprise (and pain) as the gas strikes, even though she maneuvered to only suffer a glancing blow!

"Alright, that's it!" the Magical Girl snapped, gritting her teeth as she dropped to land next to Hikari, tightening her grip on her wand. "Cover me..."

And, taking a deep breath, she began to chant an incantation in Druidic, as the sensation of Earth Magic being drawn from the land became stronger...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #881
    Orc in the Playground

Poverty Lane

The old man will wait until his legs are working before releasing the bindings. That way, he can ensure he can run away if it looks likely to attack.

Frankly, he was expecting something more along the lines of his immortal soul or the blood of a thousand newborn infants. Such things are sort of traditional for summonings, or so he understands.

Carousel Court- Prancing Pony Pub, Pretty Pastel Pony Pirates

Cap'n Volley Shot is glad there's no chairs; those can be difficult. Cinnamon stops looking for mares (or stallions) of questionable availability. Sorebones is perhaps the only pony not startled by Petal Confetti, and therefore the middleaged pegasus is the one to answer. "I think we're passing through. I'm Doc Sorebones, this is my Cap'n, Volley Shot" the unicorn nods and smiles and drinks a swig of brandy "and that's Cinnamon Stick, our quartermaster. I have no intentions of settling into the life of a ground-pounder, but can't speak for my colleagues." The earth pony smiles. At some point she took out a bottle of medical alcohol and is rinsing her yellow glass eye.
    "I'll retire from the skies when I find a fancy stallion... or mare... to spend my life with." Cinnamon takes another swig of her tentura.
    "When I'm rich enough to retire... I still wouldn't. Flying's too much fun." Volley's ordered a constant refill.

12. - Top - End - #882

[Poverty Lane]

What would K'rax need souls for? They're of no value to her at all. The Old Ones aren't like silly demons who collect mortal essence like a jackdaw collects shiny baubles.

When the binding is released the starspawn steps out of the circle, looking down at the poor mutated man with a rather imperious stare. Is that a smirk? It might be a smirk.

Then she shrouds herself in her wings and simply shrinks out of existence.

Well.

That was anticlimactic.

But at least he got his legs back!

[Carousel Court - Pub of the Prancing Pony]

Petal gives a little gasp of glee. "You're all airship ponies?" she asks curiously.

Sounds like that's a subject she wouldn't mind hearing a little more about.

Why?

Because airships are cool.

Everypony knows that.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Carousel Court]

A soft but chill wind blows through the pony district, particularly near the outskirts of Everfree Park.

Most of the long-time locals will know what that means...

Carousel Court - Doc Zam's]

Dawn nods, and shakes Doctor Zamedi's offered hoof.

The Zebra's grin widens as Dawn and Geneva shake his hooves, and the background music begins to grow louder. "Yessss..."

Vance suddenly jumps up on Geneva's shoulder, a rifle bullet held in his burlap hands. "You're gonna wanna bite on this," he whispers, offering the cartridge out to her.

Doctor Zamedi pulls his hooves out of Dawn and Geneva's grasps, and the table is yanked across the room by unseen forces, leaving Dawn and Geneva sitting in a more open space, with Lydia seated further off to the side. At the same time, baleful purple light begins to glow throughout the room, shining and filtering through the windows and from behind the various hanging tapestries and curtains. The eyes of all the wooden masks begin to glow as well, and their sharp-toothed maws begin to sing a "bum bum bum" backup to the music.

The music suddenly increases in volume, hitting a swinging crescendo. The air itself begins to warble and distort slightly as various arcane sigils and symbols begin to materialize around the room, sparkling, glowing, and fading out of existence before rematerializing again. Lydia will feel an unpleasantly familiar sensation spreading through the air around her, and through herself - the music is robbing her of her magic, just like the arcane music boxes used by the Overseers back in Dunwall! Likewise, Dawn and Geneva feel an unpleasant chill through their bodies as their own innate magic is restrained by the anti-arcane tune.

~Are ya reeeeeady?!~ the Witch Doctor sings, standing on his hind legs and throwing his forehooves out wide, as a look of gleeful derangement seems to spark in his violet eyes.

~Are you ready?!~ the chorus of masks echoes.

A pair of serpents spring up from behind both Dawn and Geneva's chairs, the snakes quickly coiling and intertwining with each other to lock the hippogrif and the pegasus into their chairs.

~Are you REEEEAAAAADY?!~ Doctor Zamedi sings, swiping his forehooves in front of his face. In the wake of his crossing hooves, the Zebra's dark face is left daubed with white paint, the image of an equine skull marked over his features, as though he bears the visage of the Pale Horse itself.

Dawn yelps as a burning pain begins to lance through her mind. Likewise, Geneva will feel a searing pain inside her skull, though much worse than Dawn's. Her entertaining of the memory has allowed the madness it bears to progress further than the pegasus' mind allow, so the pain of the removal will no doubt be much more intense. Hopefully she took the bullet Vance offered...

Spoiler
    Show

Godmodding was okay'd with the other players.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-07-19 at 03:28 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

14. - Top - End - #884

[Carousel Court - Doc Zam's Cottage]

Geneva gives a squawk of surprise and fear when she suddenly finds herself bound to her chair. And what's worse...

Her magic.

She can't feel her magic!

What had always been such an innate part of who she is suddenly feels empty and hollowing. "What are you doing! What's going-ERMPH!"

Time to bite the bullet.

Then screaming.

Screaming and thrashing and a blinding haze of pain.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Bugbear in the Playground

Black Goat Woods

The cultist shouts in surprise and anger, stumbling back, kicking the slime away before to can cling to his leg and parrying the tendril aimed for his arm with a wave of the knife. But the third one gets past his guard, wrapping around his midrif and tugging him forward a step before he can dig in his heels. Although that leaves it touching the Elder Sign on his chest- And who knows what that will do.

Sodden leaves pile against the front of his shoes as he fights against being drawn in, hacking and slashing at the tentacle, all the while keeping his palm held high to hold the ghouls back.

Hodgepodge Street- Fountain Way

Why, that does sound rather like a quest.
    Maybe he'll even get some XP to spend towards learning some useful skills.

"Mm. I might have to see this for myself." 'Seeing is believing' has certainly been challenged as a tenant of Sebastian's philosophy these last few hours, but, this does sound very interesting.

"So.. How does one go about looking for a job?" Somehow, that was always neglected in his education. Apparently his teachers never considered that he might at any moment be dragged into a dimensional anomaly and forced to work for a living.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Central Park- Goblin Market

If it's shinies Rein wants there's more than enough to go around.
    Shinies of all shapes and sizes. Shinies of gold and glass and gems and other things not so often seen in mortal realms, mixed in with more mundane items.

A spyglass with a cracked lens, foreign runes spiraling down the burnished bronze case. Flowers that bloom in intricate petals of unmelting frost. An ivory handled letter opener, the blade cast in a twisting wave, engraved with a spiderweb of lines visible only when it's held up to the light just so. An entire stall selling feathers unlike those of any mundane bird, feathers that sway in a wind that isn't there or surround themselves in a faint corona of ethereal fire.

So much to see. So much to buy. But if Arel and Rein will look away from the merchandise for a moment, they'll see that the market's regulars seem to find them the most interesting of the lot. Business goes on as usual, but every shopkeep has one eye upon the strangers who've wandered into the midst of things.
    [Central Park - Goblin Market]

"Wow, this is something else." Arel says, looking around in fascination. She doesn't even really notice how so many people are looking at them, so distracted is she with the wares on display.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    N'lyzsa glances a little nervously down at the girl, then continues with MArk. When they meet Riley, she smiles back at him and shakes his hand. I'm N'lyzsa, nice to meet you. I do rather like the place... She glances at the girl again, not quite sure how much she likes it.
    [404 Snail Way]

((OOC: Sorry for the delay.))

The little girl was hanging back like an adult, waiting for the other woman to do her business before she did. After all, it would be rude to interrupt. It was, however, clear that something about the place made her rather ... anxious.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-07-19 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888

[Black Goat Woods]

The Elder Sign protects from the unnatural eldritch power of awful things and can potentially be used to create a threshold which they can not cross. But it does little in the way of stopping them from just gnawing your legs off.

The knife, however, does a pretty good job of sheering through the black slime as if it were, well, black slime. The soupy substance suddenly loses all life and cohesion, becoming nothing more than inert syrup staining the lad's clothing. As usual the Eye of Derleth has disrupted impossible properties of the zombie, leaving it vulnerable to natural physics.

Quick!

Bash its head in with a rock!

The monster gives a gurgling cry before lurching forward to bite the lad with its massive mouth. He would be well advised to avoid allowing it to do that.

"Well, easiest way is just to walk up to any business owner and ask 'em if they need help," Rawhide replies. "Barrin' that you could always try yer hand at yer own trade. A'course ya don't know any trade so that's a mite hard."

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

[Central Park - Goblin Market]

Rein does notice, but doesn't want to draw attention to it.
    "See anything you like?" Reinholdt asks, as he glances at the various wares. There's probably tons of hidden valuable things in these piles just waiting to be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Nadas' Apartment]

"Ah yes. That is an option, though I had previously believed it just had something to do with imparting rhythm upon the instruments." Over eliciting emotions, but Nadas hasn't tested it thoroughly enough to disprove the other option.

"All the same, a lead is great news. Do you think you have enough to work with, or do we need to visit the Weald for more?"
    "Hmm. I think it's enough for now. I'll get to work and see if I can achieve anything this way. An expedition to the Weald is a serious matter," Dorota says after some thought. "Imparting rhythm might be quite important, because right now, Sizewell speaks in a monotone. Giving him the ability to introduce some sort of melodics into his speech would be a good first step. Thanks for all the help, Nadas. I'll make sure to send you notes of any results I have."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #891

Four-Oh-Four Snail Way

"It's a nice place. Nice people, they're maybe a little weird but who ain't around here?" Riley nods, before glancing over to the chairs in the living area. "Uh, why don't we grab a seat. I could get us some tea?"

"I can make tea." Marky is still hanging around at the edge the conversation, seeming a little lost.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-07-19 at 04:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nadas' Apartment]

We all know Sizewell's the next Beethoven.
    "That is true. I hadn't considered the monotone aspect in my personal inquiries."

"And of course. Feel free to use any resource I have if it'd help and the best of luck to you. I look forward to reading about the results." Nadas gives a slight bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #893

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"Yeah, it'll be tricky... But maybe I can stay home with the kids. I mean, you have a good job with Tenebras, and they're paying you pretty good, and you're definitely more employable than me overall. I've got no job and no prospects anyway. I could be a stay at home dad. Then maybe get a part time job when they're a bit older."

Oh boy, these are sounding like some real plans. It's a lot to think about, but Valente figures that this idea might work.

"Stay-home dad? You sure you want that Val?" Astrana asks in surprise. "I mean, you haven't really worked all your life. Maybe you should try working a bit first before we get into this?" She suggests.

Abandoned Factory

The sorceress considers this. She then attempts to read exactly how the energies the device she used to track the energy reading from Harnel's are connected to this. Is it giving off these energies right now as she's studying them or not at all? If the second case, that must mean the trace she followed must be old, could she track even older traces?

If the first case is true, how frequent are the pulses of energy? Do they seem to have anything to do with the petrification effect constantly being applied to it?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

[Nadas' Apartment]

"If you ever need any help yourself, don't hesitate to ask," Dorota says, nodding back. "Until next time."

With that, she and Sizewell leave.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

[Carousel Court - Doc Zam's]

Lydia has very little to say when it comes to the display - for she's clamped her ears and nearly doubled over in pain!

While the Abbey of the Everyman in her time only used the hated musical devices sparingly, some had happened to find their way into private hands - illegally, of course - and in the course of her "troubleshooting" she'd found herself particularly susceptable to them.

And so as the show goes on, she passes out!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #896

Black Goat Woods

Oh, he knows what the Sign and the Eye do.
    Hence trying to hold back the zombies with the former.
    He even knows a little about the third symbol.

The lad finally finds his legs again and ducks around rushing ghoul, aiming a wide slash at it's side, then a vicious kick at the back of it's legs in the hopes of bringing it down.

Hodgepodge Street- Fountain Way

"Ah." Going from one place to another asking for work. As if seeking employment wasn't already embarrassing enough for an aristocrat. "Better start soon then."

He thumbs through the rest of the newspaper quickly, finding little of interest among the adverts cluttering the back page, before rolling it up and handing it back to Rawhide. "Thank you, for the advice."

27. - Top - End - #897

[Black Goat Woods]

Dodge them zombies!

The knife slash opens a wide gash in the monster's side and sends it toppling over, the flesh around the wound sizzling and popping. Then it lets loose an awful bone rattling shriek.

Which seems to break the spell holding the other two zombies in place.

Swell.

Now the lad has two times as much eldritch death twitching and jerking toward him.

The paper is taken back and the minotaur gives an incline of his hat. "Any time, partner."

Well!

That meet wasn't traumatic at all!

Maybe thigns are finally looking up for Sebastian.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abandoned Factory

The object does have the same magical signature: It's the same kind of bizarre mishmash magic as found before. There are no pulses: it's a constant effect. That means that this takes a LOT of magical energy. There is no connection to another plane, so... it must be able to produce all that power on it's own.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Below the TV Tower]

Mikani shrieks in surprise (and pain) as the gas strikes, even though she maneuvered to only suffer a glancing blow!

"Alright, that's it!" the Magical Girl snapped, gritting her teeth as she dropped to land next to Hikari, tightening her grip on her wand. "Cover me..."

And, taking a deep breath, she began to chant an incantation in Druidic, as the sensation of Earth Magic being drawn from the land became stronger...
    [Below the TV Tower]

"Alright!" Hikari nods emphatically, leaping up to confront the skull, which had reversed directions and was headed directly at the two girls. She charges up a large orb of radiance in her weapon, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

It dives down at the defiant magical girl, attempting to overrun her. At the last second, Hikari swings the barrel of her cannon at it, connecting with a sharp clang and discharging the blast. The skull is sent soaring backwards, crashing into a pile of debris on the ground.

A pause. Then it rises up, shaking the dust and detritus away, the dimmed light flaring up angrily.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Everfree Park]

Battle lust is something the Queen can most certainly work with. She moves with the attempted arm-ripping, pirouetting away and sliding her sword free. That attack almost certainly should have pulled her arm off, but she looks no worse for it. In fact she seems even stronger than she was previously.

She's wearing one of those insufferable 'I know something that you don't' smirks.

"Your kind is all the same," she purrs. "You believe your power makes you unstoppable. I shall humble you as I have others like you."

The barb spoken, she once again assumes a fighting stance, the point of her rapier held toward Serph.

"Come little warrior. Show me the depths of your thirst for battle. Destroy me with your greatest techniques."
    Since talking is a free action in this plot, Serph replies.

"Lady, you attacked me and as I recall I tried to go without fighting. And now you lecture me?" Serph is somewhat angry at how unfair the Queen is talking. If I thought my power made me unstopable I woundn't be here.

Serph drowns himself in bloodlust and demonic energy. Destroy you? Fine, you heartless b***h. With the ununique insult from Serph the battle resumes.

Serph's fist is pulsating with the demonic energy. He goes for the queen does a five-punch combo: Right jab, left hook, right uppercut, gut punchx2. The punches aren't simple punches, the demonic energy makes blades from the fist making it stronger and harder and improved reach.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element