New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: High School Harem Comedy (Game System, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Thanks, that's awesome.
    Did you also want the homebrewed expanded archetypes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Did you also want the homebrewed expanded archetypes?
    Why not?

I mean, I'm not looking for anything in particular right now, I was just wondering if there was one place to go to find all the homebrew, like Twelvetrees' Compendium for D&D. It might even be worth putting it in another thread, if there's enough of it.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

3. - Top - End - #963
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

My process for today...

1. Discover this game exists.
    2. Don't bother to fully figure out the rules.
    3. Spend 1-2 hours making a pdf of the game to pass the time.
    4. Realize what you've done.
    5. Cry for your sanity.
    6. post the PDF here.
    7. Weep.

Link to PDF.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

So. I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think I have decided to follow through with it.

We have creepy in one age direction. Why not the other?

Spoiler: Imouto-chan (The Little Sister)
    Show

I have to make sure that, no matter what happens, nobody takes Onii-chan away from me!

You're my role model!: You strive to follow in the footsteps of your big brother. And doing so is incredibly endearing. +2 to Allure rolls made in situations where you look to Onii-chan for advice.
    Childish Taunting: You may not understand exactly why all these girls are fighting over Onii-chan, but you won't let them get away with ignoring you 'cause you're small! +2 on opposed Conflict rolls.
    I just haven't grown up yet!: You may be flat as a pancake right now, but you are sure that when puberty hits, your breasts will inspire awe in everyone around you, and get them to listen to you. +2 on Allure rolls where breast size is brought up by players other than you.
    Puppy-Dog Eyes: Like a look from a cat, this facial expression melts all but the coldest of hearts. Twice per episode, you may make a d4 Allure roll. If you succeed, gain a +2 bonus to the current roll.
    But Big Brotherrrrr!: Nobody can resist you when the waterworks really start. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Conflict roll as a success.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2016-11-25 at 02:44 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

*cringes audibly* Very nice.

Is BBB supposed to be any conflict roll, or just unopposed ones?
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Man I wish Werewolf and Class Rep worked better together, because I love that mental image.

7. - Top - End - #967

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    So. I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think I have decided to follow through with it.

We have creepy in one age direction. Why not the other?

Spoiler: Imouto-chan (The Little Sister)
    Show

I have to make sure that, no matter what happens, nobody takes Onii-chan away from me!

You're my role model!: You strive to follow in the footsteps of your big brother. And doing so is incredibly endearing. +2 to Allure rolls made in situations where you look to Onii-chan for advice.
    Childish Taunting: You may not understand exactly why all these girls are fighting over Onii-chan, but you won't let them get away with ignoring you 'cause you're small! +2 on opposed Conflict rolls.
    I just haven't grown up yet!: You may be flat as a pancake right now, but you are sure that when puberty hits, your breasts will inspire awe in everyone around you, and get them to listen to you. +1 on Allure rolls where breast size is brought up by players other than you.
    Puppy-Dog Eyes: Like a look from a cat, this facial expression melts all but the coldest of hearts. Twice per episode, you may make a d4 Allure roll. If you succeed, gain a +2 bonus to the current roll.
    But Big Brotherrrrr!: Nobody can resist you when the waterworks really start. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Conflict roll as a success.
    I'll add this in a moment. I will suggest that I just haven't grown up yet, get boosted up to a +2 bonus. I don't think it'll be consistent enough for a +1.

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Man I wish Werewolf and Class Rep worked better together, because I love that mental image.
    Well you know, werewolf only has 4 abilities. If you wanted to add 2 more to sync with class rep...

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #968

Okay I think both regular fixes, and homebrews are complete now.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Changed I just haven't grown up yet to +2, and changed BBB to be just Unopposed rolls.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I warned you that I would soon be homebrewing stuff. Here's a set of archetypes for HSHC games set in the UK. They'd probably work for the US, too, if you reskinned English Rose as a Southern Belle and Ladette as... whatever you call ladettes in America.

Let me know what you think! There's a few things that I'm not sure about the balance of as well, so let me know if you see any problems.

Spoiler: British Archetypes
    Show
    Artsy Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, protagonist-kun, I was just looking for someone to model for me."

You are an artiste. You deal in creativity, inspiration and beauty; things like 'being practical' and 'fitting in' are not for you. No, it will take a bold statement to win the protagonist's heart, and none but you have the vision to make it happen!

Creative. Art is your thing. +2 on skill rolls involving painting, sculpting, drawing or any other visual art form.

Culture Vulture. You love to immerse yourself in cultured pastimes like plays and festivals. +1 on allure, luck, and skill rolls while taking part in high culture activities.

Drama Queen. Your reputation for extreme behaviour allows you to get away with outbursts that would land others in trouble. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed allure roll as a success.

Eccentric Outfit. You treat life as a form of performance art, right down to the clothes you wear. This often proves serendipitous. +2 to luck rolls when wearing something ridiculous.

So European. Your metropolitan lifestyle means that you are familiar with the latest trends from the continent. When you make an opposed skill roll relating to fashion and the avant-garde, anyone else making a skill roll takes -2.

Celtic Lass
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Top o' the mornin' to ya, protagonist-kun!"

With your flame-red hair and lilting brogue, you possess an exotic charm that none of these other girls can compete with. There's no way the protagonist is going to be able to resist you!

Friends Among the Fair Folk. You know all sorts of tricksy sprites and bogles who will sometimes help you achieve your aims - but there is always a price to pay for their aid... Twice per episode, you may take +2 on an conflict or luck roll, but you then take -2 on your next luck roll.

Highland Fury. The Celts are a warrior race, and fighting is in your blood. +1 on opposed conflict rolls.

Luck o' the Irish. Sometimes, things just go your way. Twice per episode, you can substitute a luck roll for a skill roll.

Musically Inclined. Whether it's your beautiful singing voice, your Irish dancing skills or your flair for the bagpipes, you are a master of all things musical +2 to allure rolls involving making or dancing to music.

Rain Magnet. You're quite used to getting rained on and always carry an umbrella, even in summer. +2 on luck rolls relating to rain, wind or other adverse weather.

English Rose
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good evening, protagonist-kun. It is such a pleasure to see you."

You represent the platonic ideal of an English lady. Gentle, refined and confident, your natural charm will surely draw the protagonist to you!

Fainting Fits. Sometimes, your delicate constitution cannot bear the strains placed so cruelly upon it. Twice per episode, you may impose -2 on all Conflict rolls made in a given scene.

Heart of Kindness. You are a beacon of virtue and gentleness. Once per episode, you may substitute an allure roll for any other type of roll.

Naturally Gifted. You have been blessed from birth with curiously good luck. Sometimes it seems that everything you touch turns to gold! Twice per episode, you can gain +2 on a luck roll as long as you are not using any of your other advantages.

Silk Hiding Steel. You may be demure most of the time, but you also have a spirited side. Twice per episode, you can gain +2 on conflict rolls if you had the option of using another type of roll instead.

Socialite. You're comfortable hobnobbing with the nobility. +2 on opposed allure and conflict rolls while in polite company.

Spiffing Hat. You know the value of a good hat, and have one for every conceivable occasion. +2 on allure rolls while wearing a hat and outdoors.

Goth Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Protagonist-kun? ...whatever."

Perhaps you came for the music and stayed for the aesthetic, perhaps it was the other way around. In either case, you have embraced the gloomy, baroque stylings of a goth. Who knows, maybe the protagonist will fall for your mysterious charms?

Black is the New Black. You look good in black. Which is lucky, because it's all you ever wear. +1 to allure rolls when you are wearing mostly black.

Creature of the Night. You have an affinity for animals associated with night and darkness. +2 on skill rolls involving nocturnal animals such as cats, bats, rats and moths.

Dark Magic. You have always been interested in witchcraft and druidry. +2 on conflict and luck rolls involving the occult.

Death Glare. All live in fear of your icy gaze. Any other girls who attempt the same conflict roll as you take a -1 on their roll.

Gothy Handwave. Sometimes, you just can't be bothered to do anything, so you just watch instead. Twice per episode, you can voluntarily skip a roll where VP are on offer. The next unopposed roll you make after the skipped one is an automatic success.

Terrible Poetry. You have journals full of melodramatic poetry that you love to inflict on anyone who will listen. Whenever you fail a roll in which you recited poetry, anyone else who heard you takes -1 on their next roll.

Hippie Chick
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey protagonist-man, love is like, free, you know?"

It's been decades since being a hippie was cool, but that doesn't deter you in the slightest. The beatnik values of freedom, sharing and love appeal to you and, with any luck, they'll appeal to the protagonist, too!

'Amateur Pharmacist'. To you, mind-altering substances are a route to spiritual enlightenment. +2 on luck and skill rolls relating to illicit drugs.

Aura of Patchouli. Your devotion to herbal skincare is both good for your skin and off-putting to your rivals! Twice per episode, you may impose -2 on all allure rolls made in a given scene.

Lucky Charms. You sleep under a hodge-podge of lucky charms from all different cultures. One of them must work, right? Three times per episode, if you roll a 1, you may re-roll the die. You must accept the second roll and cannot roll it again, even if it is a 1.

Make Love, Not War. The hippie mantra encourages you to seek diplomatic solutions. Twice per episode, you can substitute an allure roll for a conflict roll.

Naturist. Human beings were never meant to wear clothes. +2 on skill rolls involving nudity or a lack of clothing.

Ladette
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oi, protagonist-kun! I've got 'alf a bottle of vodka wit' your name on it!"

The moral guardians may look down on you, but they're just a bunch of boring old suits. Binge drinking is fine as long as you only do it once a week, right?

Am I Bovvered? No, you ain't bovvered. Is the answer... to that question. Whenever another girl would impose a negative modifier on your roll, the magnitude of that modifier is reduced by one.

Anti-Social Behaviour. You fear nobody, and think nothing of antagonising teachers, rivals or even the police. Twice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all skill rolls made in a given scene.

Liver of Steel. You have a remarkable tolerance for alcohol for such a young person. +2 on skill rolls involving booze or drinking.

No Respect for Authority. Sometimes, you just have to stand up and fight the power. +2 on conflict rolls when defying a figure of authority.

One of the Lads. Your mates have a fearsome reputation and would be glad of any excuse to rough somebody up. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed conflict roll as a success.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2017-07-01 at 12:22 PM.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I warned you that I would soon be homebrewing stuff. Here's a set of archetypes for HSHC games set in the UK. They'd probably work for the US, too, if you reskinned English Rose as a Southern Belle and Ladette as... whatever you call ladettes in America.

Let me know what you think! There's a few things that I'm not sure about the balance of as well, so let me know if you see any problems.

Spoiler: British Archetypes
    Show
    Artsy Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, protagonist-kun, I was just looking for someone to model for me."

You are an artiste. You deal in creativity, inspiration and beauty; things like 'being practical' and 'fitting in' are not for you. No, it will take a bold statement to win the protagonist's heart, and none but you have the vision to make it happen!

Creative. Art is your thing. +2 on skill rolls involving painting, sculpting, drawing or any other visual art form.

Culture Vulture. You love to immerse yourself in cultured pastimes like plays and festivals. +1 on allure, luck, and skill rolls while taking part in high culture activities.

Drama Queen. Your reputation for extreme behaviour allows you to get away with outbursts that would land others in trouble. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed allure roll as a success.

Eccentric Outfit. You treat life as a form of performance art, right down to the clothes you wear. This often proves serendipitous. +2 to luck rolls when wearing something ridiculous.

So European. Your metropolitan lifestyle means that you are familiar with the latest trends from the continent. When you make an opposed skill roll relating to fashion and the avant-garde, anyone else making a skill roll takes -2.

English Rose
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good evening, protagonist-kun. It is such a pleasure to see you."

You represent the platonic ideal of an English lady. Gentle, refined and confident, your natural charm will surely draw the protagonist to you!

Fainting Fits. Sometimes, your delicate constitution cannot bear the strains placed so cruelly upon it. Twice per episode, you may impose -2 on all Conflict rolls made in a given scene.

Heart of Kindness. You are a beacon of virtue and gentleness. Once per episode, you may substitute an allure roll for any other type of roll. You also gain +1 on this roll.

Naturally Gifted. You have been blessed from birth with curiously good luck. Sometimes it seems that everything you touch turns to gold! Twice per episode, you can gain +2 on a luck roll as long as you are not using any of your other advantages.

Silk Hiding Steel. You may be demure most of the time, but you also have a spirited side. Twice per episode, you can gain +2 on conflict rolls if you had the option of using another type of roll instead.

Socialite. You're comfortable hobnobbing with the nobility. +2 on opposed allure and conflict rolls while in polite company.

Spiffing Hat. You know the value of a good hat, and have one for every conceivable occasion. +2 on allure rolls while wearing a hat and outdoors.

Goth Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Protagonist-kun? ...whatever."

Perhaps you came for the music and stayed for the aesthetic, perhaps it was the other way around. In either case, you have embraced the gloomy, baroque stylings of a goth. Who knows, maybe the protagonist will fall for your mysterious charms?

Black is the New Black. You look good in black. Which is lucky, because it's all you ever wear. +1 to all rolls when you are wearing only black and no other colour.

Creature of the Night. You have an affinity for animals associated with night and darkness. +2 on skill rolls involving nocturnal animals such as cats, bats, rats and moths.

Dark Magic. You have always been interested in witchcraft and druidry. +2 on conflict and luck rolls involving the occult.

Death Glare. All live in fear of your icy gaze. Any other girls who attempt the same conflict roll as you take a -1 on their roll.

Gothy Handwave. Sometimes, you just can't be bothered to do anything, so you just watch instead. Twice per episode, you can voluntarily skip a roll where VP are on offer. The next roll you make after the skipped one is an automatic success.

Terrible Poetry. You have journals full of melodramatic poetry that you love to inflict on anyone who will listen. Whenever you fail a roll in which you recited poetry, anyone else who heard you takes -1 on their next roll.

Hippie Chick
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey protagonist-man, love is like, free, you know?"

It's been decades since being a hippie was cool, but that doesn't deter you in the slightest. The beatnik values of freedom, sharing and love appeal to you and, with any luck, they'll appeal to the protagonist, too!

'Amateur Pharmacist'. To you, mind-altering substances are a route to spiritual enlightenment. +2 on luck and skill rolls relating to illicit drugs.

Aura of Patchouli. Your devotion to herbal skincare is both good for your skin and off-putting to your rivals! Twice per episode, you may impose -2 on all allure rolls made in a given scene.

Lucky Charms. You sleep under a hodge-podge of lucky charms from all different cultures. One of them must work, right? Whenever you roll a 1, you may re-roll the die.

Make Love, Not War. The hippie mantra encourages you to seek diplomatic solutions. Twice per episode, you can substitute an allure roll for a conflict roll.

Naturist. Human beings were never meant to wear clothes. +2 on skill rolls involving nudity or a lack of clothing.

Ladette
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oi, protagonist-kun! I've got 'alf a bottle of vodka wit' your name on it!"

The moral guardians may look down on you, but they're just a bunch of boring old suits. Binge drinking is fine as long as you only do it once a week, right?

Am I Bovvered? No, you ain't bovvered. Is the answer... to that question. Whenever another girl would impose a negative modifier on your roll, the magnitude of that modifier is reduced by one.

Anti-Social Behaviour. You fear nobody, and think nothing of antagonising teachers, rivals or even the police. Twice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all skill rolls made in a given scene.

Liver of Steel. You have a remarkable tolerance for alcohol for such a young person. +2 on skill rolls involving booze or drinking.

No Respect for Authority. Sometimes, you just have to stand up and fight the power. +2 on conflict rolls when defying a figure of authority.

One of the Lads. Your mates have a fearsome reputation and would be glad of any excuse to rough somebody up. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed conflict roll as a success.
    thank you prawn for brain bleach archetypes now i got encounter even i dont want to be in with your archetypes as characters. ninjaprawn i salute you my dear mad scientist friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

A lot of those look good, though Lucky Charms should maybe follow the trend of Sealed Power and have a 3/ep limit. Heart of Kindness similarly should follow the other abilities that roll one ability in place of another, 2/ep, no bonus.

Show

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    A lot of those look good, though Lucky Charms should maybe follow the trend of Sealed Power and have a 3/ep limit. Heart of Kindness similarly should follow the other abilities that roll one ability in place of another, 2/ep, no bonus.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I'll make those changes.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

14. - Top - End - #974

I'd nerf heart of kindness. Being able to sub allure for any roll instead of one another type is quite a power boost.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

I'd nerf heart of kindness. Being able to sub allure for any roll instead of one another type is quite a power boost.
    That's why I originally had it as once/ep, but that's probably too weak. Is there a happy medium?

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

16. - Top - End - #976

That's why I originally had it as once/ep, but that's probably too weak. Is there a happy medium?
    Pick one of skill, conflict, or luck for it to replace.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Pick one of skill, conflict, or luck for it to replace.
    That's boring though, and there isn't a specific one that fits the ability in my mind.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

18. - Top - End - #978

That's boring though, and there isn't a specific one that fits the ability in my mind.
    The only thing I can think of, is you can do it 2/ep but only one type of roll (Unopposed or opposed) or 1/ep but it also gives a bonus.

Onto my suggestion.

Alot of people hate the Megakonno's just as planned. How would said people feel about turning it into a re-fluffed Celestial's compassion?

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

The only thing I can think of, is you can do it 2/ep but only one type of roll (Unopposed or opposed) or 1/ep but it also gives a bonus.

Onto my suggestion.

Alot of people hate the Megakonno's just as planned. How would said people feel about turning it into a re-fluffed Celestial's compassion?
    I think that would be the best way to keep its idea while not turning it into a "You lose." Perhaps slightly alter the fluff to going off of someone else's idea, rather than countering it? "You know that other girls can make up for your own deficiencies, and know best how to exploit it. Once per episode..."

Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think it's that bad, honestly. Its a slightly more restrictive Non Sequitur, but to make up for not getting to replace the roll with any oher roll, you get it twice per ep, and no penalty. But if you really want to nerf it, I'd say leave it as is, and give the same -1 penalty as Non Sequitur.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2016-11-25 at 04:24 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #981

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    I think that would be the best way to keep its idea while not turning it into a "You lose." Perhaps slightly alter the fluff to going off of someone else's idea, rather than countering it? "You know that other girls can make up for your own deficiencies, and know best how to exploit it. Once per episode..."
    Well twice per episode, but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    I don't think it's that bad, honestly. Its a slightly more restrictive Non Sequitur, but to make up for not getting to replace the roll with any oher roll, you get it twice per ep, and no penalty. But if you really want to nerf it, I'd say leave it as is, and give the same -1 penalty as Non Sequitur.
    But it's quite a significant buff over the other swap advantages.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skijarama View Post
    My process for today...

1. Discover this game exists.
    2. Don't bother to fully figure out the rules.
    3. Spend 1-2 hours making a pdf of the game to pass the time.
    4. Realize what you've done.
    5. Cry for your sanity.
    6. post the PDF here.
    7. Weep.

Link to PDF.
    You mean like this, that has been around forever?
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Cross-posting this in case anyone's interested: I've just started a play-by-post and someone's dropped out, so I need a replacement. If anyone's up for it, the re-recruitment thread is here.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

So, I was updating some of my stupid super-builds with the new English homebrew (among other gems), and came across this from the English stuff, and I just have to ask...

Hippie Chick

...skill? If this was intentional, I think I need it explained how being naked makes you more skillful across the board like that. More skilled at moving around without restrictive clothing? Sure, I can buy that. More skilled at body-based art (whether art on your body or art about the human body like sculptures or paintings)? Bit of a stretch, but maybe. More skilled at test-taking? Hrm...

I think this was supposed to be Allure (essentially a non-Pervert version of Shameless), but I'm not totally sure.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    ...skill? If this was intentional, I think I need it explained how being naked makes you more skillful across the board like that. More skilled at moving around without restrictive clothing? Sure, I can buy that. More skilled at body-based art (whether art on your body or art about the human body like sculptures or paintings)? Bit of a stretch, but maybe. More skilled at test-taking? Hrm...

I think this was supposed to be Allure (essentially a non-Pervert version of Shameless), but I'm not totally sure.
    I can't actually remember what my original reasoning was, except that it was intentional.

I think I was thinking it's like, the hippie believes that being naked is their natural state, so it puts her in a positive mindset. Without the artificial barrier of clothing, she's more open to gaia's energy or whatever. You know, standard hippie mumbo-jumbo.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

I can't actually remember what my original reasoning was, except that it was intentional.

I think I was thinking it's like, the hippie believes that being naked is their natural state, so it puts her in a positive mindset. Without the artificial barrier of clothing, she's more open to gaia's energy or whatever. You know, standard hippie mumbo-jumbo.
    Hmm...hippie magic based on the placebo effect, or possibly even actually nekkid-magic? In retrospect, it's probably good it isn't Allure so that it couldn't stack with Shameless, although now I anticipate players taking even more opportunities to strip naked for the scene.

The only other thing that stood out to me as a bit weird mechanically was Black Is The New Black, which is essentially an always-on +1 to all rolls that stacks with other dress powers (it's +1 to all rolls while wearing only black clothing). Always-on +1 stacking with other dress powers isn't a huge issue (Boyish Charm does that), but having the always-on +1 to every roll seems a bit much if Boyish Charm is considered balanced (since BC only gets the always-on stacking +1 to Allure rolls). Ultimately, it's a small issue; even if it's definitely more powerful than some always-on abilities, it's not quite at School Queen/Connections/Poker Face tier.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The only other thing that stood out to me as a bit weird mechanically was Black Is The New Black, which is essentially an always-on +1 to all rolls that stacks with other dress powers (it's +1 to all rolls while wearing only black clothing). Always-on +1 stacking with other dress powers isn't a huge issue (Boyish Charm does that), but having the always-on +1 to every roll seems a bit much if Boyish Charm is considered balanced (since BC only gets the always-on stacking +1 to Allure rolls). Ultimately, it's a small issue; even if it's definitely more powerful than some always-on abilities, it's not quite at School Queen/Connections/Poker Face tier.
    Mhm. My intention with that one is that it doesn't work if you're wearing anything that isn't black. So like, most school uniforms would feature a second colour somewhere, even if they're mainly black. Perhaps that doesn't come across clearly enough.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Mhm. My intention with that one is that it doesn't work if you're wearing anything that isn't black. So like, most school uniforms would feature a second colour somewhere, even if they're mainly black. Perhaps that doesn't come across clearly enough.
    Hmm...I dunno. This is one of the problems with balancing dress powers: most of them are balanced around some kind of strict dress code or uniform system, but a lot of games don't play in a setting that has those. Beyond that, the advantage as-is doesn't apply if you're accenting your clothes with secondary goth colors like dark purples, dark blues, and dark greys, which feels weird to me. My instinct would be to make it more like Boyish Charm, where you have Allure +1 when wearing predominantly black clothing; my understanding is that within a uniform game, an always-on +1 isn't a huge issue, even if it occasionally stacks with another dress power. Comparatively, making it +2 Allure instead of +1 any opens it up to being abused in a game without uniforms - well, not opens up, since the current version can be abused in a non-uniform game too, but it'd be abused in a different way if it was Allure +2 instead of any +1. And that doesn't even touch on how it's also making you better at everything, rather than just making you look good (you are somehow luckier, tougher, and smarter when wearing all black?).

I dunno, it's an ongoing problem I have with the system: it's not always easy balancing the mechanics while also fitting the mechanics to the fluff. My advice for balance is to make it more like Boyish Charm, where it's "predominantly black outfits" and thus an always-on +1 Allure in both a uniform and non-uniform game, but I'm sure somebody a bit more experienced than myself might have a decent argument for why it's okay the way it is.

To be clear, it's not broken. It just seems a little too easy to set-up in a non-uniform game to me, and when those games are far more common around here than games with uniforms, it tips the balance even more.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I've changed Black is the New Black and added a new gaelic archetype.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I've changed Black is the New Black and added a new gaelic archetype.
    Ooh, lovely! Celtic Lass looks interesting...particularly for a Luck-focused build.

EDIT: I'm also always happy to see more roll substitution powers; I'll have to check later to see if between 1st party and homebrew we've got a "roll X instead of Y" for every possible X and Y combo.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-11-27 at 10:17 AM.

My Homebrew