New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1178
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: High School Harem Comedy (Game System, PEACH)

Heavenly Beauty should be treated as an outfit advantage. As is, it's bork.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Mega-bork. Aegis too. But they're also thematic... random idea: what if some advantages cost you two 'picks'? Like... super advantages or something.

Or what if there was a formal levelling system where you could unlock one super advantage later in the game?
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2016-12-23 at 04:49 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Goddess, Alt
    Show
    Hello. You have reached the Goddess Relief Line. What is your wish?"

Note on Licenses: A Goddess may only have one License.

3rd Class, Limited license: You may not have much power, but you still have brains! And an incredible knack for invention. You gain a +2 on any Skill roll involving building a new device.

2nd Class, Limited License: You could do a lot more to help, and probably be pretty good at it too. But you tend to let your emotions get in the way of doing things without resorting to violence. You gain a +2 on Conflict rolls.

1st Class, Limited License: You have an incredible amount of power! So much so that it has to be sealed away when you are on Earth. Three times an episode, you can gain a +2 bonus to any roll.

1st Class, Unlimited License: You are the Goddess all other goddesses strive to be. You get a +1 bonus to every roll. Selecting this advantage costs an additional advantage selection.

(More to come, but my break is over)

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Just to check did player chooses just two archtypes or three cuz with kami archtype we might have a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

lol yeah but like I said....WIP. I rattled it off, off the top of my head between customers (I'm at work if you can't tell by that). Mostly just getting the ideas down and then going back to fix them later. Though "Heavenly Body" is supposed to have a "once per episode" line in there...must have gotten lost in the cust and paste.

Aegis is just to avoid damage, not win a fight. So you can get hit in the face with a baseball and be okay, but if you get into a tussle with another supernatural type your not as tough...could probably cut that down with a "once per" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Spoiler: Goddess, Alt
    Show
    Hello. You have reached the Goddess Relief Line. What is your wish?"

Note on Licenses: A Goddess may only have one License.

3rd Class, Limited license: You may not have much power, but you still have brains! And an incredible knack for invention. You gain a +2 on any Skill roll involving building a new device.

2nd Class, Limited License: You could do a lot more to help, and probably be pretty good at it too. But you tend to let your emotions get in the way of doing things without resorting to violence. You gain a +2 on Conflict rolls.

1st Class, Limited License: You have an incredible amount of power! So much so that it has to be sealed away when you are on Earth. Three times an episode, you can gain a +2 bonus to any roll.

1st Class, Unlimited License: You are the Goddess all other goddesses strive to be. You get a +1 bonus to every roll. Selecting this advantage costs an additional advantage selection.

(More to come, but my break is over)
    Hmm...a little to "Ah My Goddess" specific, I think.
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2016-12-23 at 07:11 AM.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
    Hmm...a little to "Ah My Goddess" specific, I think.
    Unless I miss my guess, yours is drawing pretty heavily on DanMachi... I think a synthesis of both might be in order.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Unless I miss my guess, yours is drawing pretty heavily on DanMachi... I think a synthesis of both might be in order.
    Never read it. I was trying to think of Kami traits from things like Kami-sam Drop, Tsugomo, Monku No Tsukeyou Ga Nai Rabukome, and such.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Colossus in the Playground

Or what if there was a formal levelling system where you could unlock one super advantage later in the game?
    See I'd be really really interested in this. I'm just worried it would be really unbalanced to allow abilities to evolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    See I'd be really really interested in this. I'm just worried it would be really unbalanced to allow abilities to evolve.
    The simple thing I thought of was "what if you just added the advantage to itself?" Like, any passive modifiers have their bonus doubled ("Shameless: Allure +4 while naked"), and any with multiple uses get their usage number doubled ("Graceful: 4/e treat roll as if you rolled a 4 instead of actually rolling"). You could probably also pair this with a system that allowed for additional traits, potentially with those additional traits not being limited to your original archetypes, but essentially as extra quirks.

Would that be unbalanced? Probably, but that's more because of the general imbalances in the powers as they exist right now: Celestial's "Purity" is pretty lame as a 3/e power, and making it 6/e would not make it any less lame; similarly, could you imagine a game with Shadow Out Of Time showing up twice? How about if "Heart, Soul, Memory" featured Just As Planned showing up 4 times per episode?

EDIT: Alternatively, instead of developing the additional powers as quirks, maybe they'd be limited to your original archetypes or an archetype the GM thinks is a fitting third archetype for your character to develop into, based on how they've been developing throughout the episode?

I'm actually tempted to try and run a HSHC game where that happens. If I could only think of a plot outside of char-gen...
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-12-23 at 09:12 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

So, I'm going over various powers with the interest of posting some rebalancing of my own, and there's a few advantage types that I have unfortunately limited experience with, and yet have a low opinion of just on gut feeling, so I thought I'd ask for other people's opinions. The first is this (which is the only advantage like it that I could find in core):

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku
    Doujinshi Enthusiast: Three times per episode, you may attempt an extra D4 Luck roll which grants a +2 on an Allure or Conflict roll if successful.
    My understanding of this is that it's either a roll that can be influenced by powers (and is thus basically 3/e +2 to Allure/Conflict with no set-up difficulties), or can't be influenced by powers (and is thus a 50/50 chance of getting the bonus, which seems terrible). Presuming that the first situation is correct, is this power - and similar homebrew powers like it - a good example of a balanced 3/e power? It seems decent enough to me, but I've never seen it in play, so I thought I'd ask.

Now for the second type, which is a far more common mechanic:

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere
    Cold Shoulder: Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Allure roll as a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojou
    Hired Muscle: Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Conflict roll as a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojikko
    Easily Forgiven: Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Skill roll as a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuunibyou
    Destiny’s Bond: Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Luck roll as a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idol Talent
    Security Detail: Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Conflict roll as a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial Artist
    Heir to the Dojo: Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed roll as a success if having other people assist you would be helpful.
    So, the version of this power available to the Ojou, Idol Talent, and Dojikko appears to be balanced around giving them a leg-up on their weak roll, ut then Chuunibyou seems pretty neutral to Luck IMO, while the Tsundere has three separate powers in core that can provide Allure bonuses (one of which is a passive Allure/Skill bonus), so Allure's not necessarily their weak point. Of course, Martial Artist has the outlier here, but other than that one...are these abilities any good? I have a rather low opinion of them, but I've yet to see them in play very much, so maybe they're worth it? I dunno, what do people think of these?

Final advantage type I'm curious about:

Quote Originally Posted by Bokukko
    Now It's On: Whenever you lose an opposed Allure roll, you gain +2 on your next Conflict or Skill roll. This ability does not stack with itself to provide any bonuses larger than +2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojikko
    Lovable Klutz: If you lose an opposed Skill roll or fail an unopposed Skill roll, +2 on your next Allure roll. This ability cannot be stacked with itself; if you fail two Skills rolls and then make an Allure roll, the bonus remains at +2 and an additional use does not carry over.
    These powers have all the problems of the previous one (they seem to focus on a failed attempt to succeed at a bad roll) but without the reason to roll your bad roll instead of something better (since you only get the bonus if you attempt what's probably your bad roll, and lose). Is this advantage any good, and I'm just missing something, or is this as terrible as my gut is telling me?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Colossus in the Playground

I would say for the 1/ep auto successes. They tend to be decent. With heir to the dojo possibly being overpowered. Of course that relies on the dm giving high difficulty, high reward type rolls.

But I've seen games where heir to the dojo is effectively +5 VP per episode unless you strictly enforce what having other people's aide would be helpful on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

The fail a bad roll advantages are good for builds that operate on failing rolls already. Builds that make use of A Thousand Faces or Down and Dirty like them for the extra bonus. It also works nicely with Compassion, or Just as Planned (depending on DM ruling). If you plan to try your best on every roll, they're not that great, but if you plan to bomb a few, they work for the extra 16-33% chance of success.

Show

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Made some minor balance changes to werewolf (nerfed Intimidating Presence to a -1 penalty, and Partial Shapeshifting to a +1 bonus)

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So hey, jut letting you guys know that I'm gauging interest for a game that will let you use homebrew archetypes. A more detailed description is in the Recruitment Thread here, so you can check out the guidelines I'll be setting, and if it's something you're interested, let me know.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Not sure whether or not I can just share ideas, but this is a fairly minor thing so I will do so anyway.

Not an archetype. Just a universal advantage.

Bath Lover: You enjoy warm baths... perhaps a little too much. +2 to Luck rolls for the protagonist to walk in on you while bathing, and +1 to Allure rolls while taking a bath.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GM_3826 View Post
    Not sure whether or not I can just share ideas, but this is a fairly minor thing so I will do so anyway.

Bath Lover: You enjoy warm baths... perhaps a little too much. +2 to Luck rolls for the protagonist to walk in on you while bathing, and +1 to Allure rolls while taking a bath.
    this plus hippie plus goddess = odd scene in anime were nose bleed happens in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

In all the games I have been in, including one that has run to completion, I have never seen a situation where that would come up. Maybe in the beginning of a beach episode with everyone showering off, but that's about it.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1038

GreenSorcererElf

In all the games I have been in, including one that has run to completion, I have never seen a situation where that would come up. Maybe in the beginning of a beach episode with everyone showering off, but that's about it.
    Worth noting that RAI is that this includes hot springs. Which... are in just about every anime ever. The +2 to Luck is still situational (since it can be assumed that the protagonist will see the haremettes by default), but the +1 to Allure is almost guaranteed to come up at some point. Doesn't include swimming pools, though.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

Worth noting that RAI is that this includes hot springs. Which... are in just about every anime ever. The +2 to Luck is still situational (since it can be assumed that the protagonist will see the haremettes by default), but the +1 to Allure is almost guaranteed to come up at some point. Doesn't include swimming pools, though.
    Like I said, from experience in one complete game, one long running game, and countless short lived games, I have never seen a hot spring episode. It tends to overlap too strongly with the beach episode, which are also popular and more universal.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Like I said, from experience in one complete game, one long running game, and countless short lived games, I have never seen a hot spring episode. It tends to overlap too strongly with the beach episode, which are also popular and more universal.
    I ran a shower scene recently that this advantage might have applied to... but even so I agree that it's too situational. It's not like I'm going to run another 'bathing' scene soon, after all.

Plus, if you want an allure bonus in this scenario, Shameless is both stronger and more widely applicable.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

21. - Top - End - #1041

GreenSorcererElf

I ran a shower scene recently that this advantage might have applied to... but even so I agree that it's too situational. It's not like I'm going to run another 'bathing' scene soon, after all.

Plus, if you want an allure bonus in this scenario, Shameless is both stronger and more widely applicable.
    ...There are plenty of really situational advantages in this game, though? And some Advantages that are directly outclassed by another.

What if you change the +1 to a +2? Then the Advantage has a bit more oomph.

Edit: You also don't necessarily bathe naked in a hot spring, so there's no direct overlap between Shameless and this Advantage in the first place.
    Last edited by GM_3826; 2017-01-12 at 07:41 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

...There are plenty of really situational advantages in this game, though? And some Advantages that are directly outclassed by another.

What if you change the +1 to a +2? Then the Advantage has a bit more oomph.
    The ones that are actually that situational are generally considered too terrible to be worth taking. Generally speaking, the community's approach to a power giving a passive +2 is that it shouldn't be either "always on" or "easy to justify often", and most of the passive +2s considered worthwhile fall into this category, and are comparable to limited-use powers in terms of usefulness. Powers that are more situational generally either apply to multiple rolls or have a bigger bonus.

Edit: You also don't necessarily bathe naked in a hot spring, so there's no direct overlap between Shameless and this Advantage in the first place.
    If it's not overlapping with Shameless, it's overlapping with Natural Swimmer, which is a power situational enough to deserve two +2s, but no so situational that it can't come up often enough to be worth taking. If we're talking the Luck part of the power, it's a more-circumstantial version of Peeping Tom that activates when the protag stumbles onto you bathing, rather than you stumbling onto anybody doing something risque.

This power is a neat idea, I can only think of a single scene in any game I've played where it could maybe be applied (and that's the shower scene NP mentioned), and a power that comes up once per season to give a measly +2 isn't worth ever considering. Shower/bath scenes might be common in anime in general, but unless you can show me a couple animes with at least three (and preferably five or more) shower/bath scenes per episode, I can't say I have much faith in the frequency of this advantage.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1043

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The ones that are actually that situational are generally considered too terrible to be worth taking. Generally speaking, the community's approach to a power giving a passive +2 is that it shouldn't be either "always on" or "easy to justify often", and most of the passive +2s considered worthwhile fall into this category, and are comparable to limited-use powers in terms of usefulness. Powers that are more situational generally either apply to multiple rolls or have a bigger bonus.

If it's not overlapping with Shameless, it's overlapping with Natural Swimmer, which is a power situational enough to deserve two +2s, but no so situational that it can't come up often enough to be worth taking. If we're talking the Luck part of the power, it's a more-circumstantial version of Peeping Tom that activates when the protag stumbles onto you bathing, rather than you stumbling onto anybody doing something risque.

This power is a neat idea, I can only think of a single scene in any game I've played where it could maybe be applied (and that's the shower scene NP mentioned), and a power that comes up once per season to give a measly +2 isn't worth ever considering. Shower/bath scenes might be common in anime in general, but unless you can show me a couple animes with at least three (and preferably five or more) shower/bath scenes per episode, I can't say I have much faith in the frequency of this advantage.
    ...Fine, then.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

at least three (and preferably five or more) shower/bath scenes per episode
    Ugh, they'd all have skin like prunes! Looking at scenes/season though, I feel like Yuru Yuri probably qualifies.

But really, it doesn't matter what happens in anime, what matters is what happens in games. Most GMs are probably going to look for more variety than your average anime.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in the process of rejiggering the HSHC system, and one of the goals is the elimination of "fun ruining" powers - that is, powers that take away another player's ability to choose their actions. Abilities that give penalties don't fall into this category (since they don't remove options, but rather just make certain options less optimal), and are in fact much more common. No, the kinds of abilities being purged are things like Just As Planned and Shadow Out Of Time, which even if they were made more balanced versions of their current ability are being changed because the way those powers work inherently makes the roll far less fun for the person involved.

With that being said...what do people think of the Dojikko's "Taking You With Me" power? The current version, to the best of my knowledge, forces another player to use your roll and modifier, but not necessarily for the roll type you're rolling; is this un-fun? If so, would it be more fun if you just made them take a natural 1 but they could use their own modifier? Is it not un-fun because they can still choose what roll they're going for? Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

That would honestly make more sense.

Show

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm in the process of rejiggering the HSHC system
    I asked about doing an "inspired by" game that used a fusion of various PBtA games, and asked for permission, but neither got permission, nor was I denied it. The game has since evolved into something FAR beyond the original inspirations (and various gallery searches have produced their own inspirations) if anyone is interested, I have a Discord server for all my games, and they can PM me for the invite. (I'd rather not disrupt the flow of On Topic discussion here too much with something that's barely a tangent.)

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Preface
    Show
    So, a few weeks back, I started working on this system remix partially because of a longstanding issue with the way the system was balanced, and partially because of an epiphany I had while discussing the system's flaws with an IRL friend. The issue this system has balance-wise is one I've always felt was present, but was unable to accurately and succinctly express the problem until this conversation gave me the words to do so: to put it simply, just about every power that has unlimited uses per episode is highly dependent on how many rolls per episode they are allowed to apply to and, in games where all roll types are equally represented, how circumstantial those powers are. I'll show you by comparing a few examples picked from the Core archetypes:

Tsundere's "Verbal Barrage" gives a +2 to Conflict rolls involving verbal arguments, and theoretically has no bearing on a contest of wills or a physical tussle; thus, it might potentially be applicable to 60% of Conflict rolls at a stretch. Shrinking Violet's "Vulnerable" gives a +2 to Luck rolls involving ending up in peril, something which is fairly easy to apply to a roll if you're particularly clumsy, or are bullied fairly often, or are allergic to everything (any of which are things easily built into a character when first made); thus, while only slightly circumstantial, this power should be applicable to 90+% of Luck rolls. Next up is Meganekko's "Honor Student" granting a +2 to Skill rolls involving academics, puzzles, and logic; applying this to a standardized test, a trivia contest, or an argument shouldn't be particularly difficult, but is it reasonable to allow a player this bonus when they "use their knowledge of physics and theoretically optimal running techniques" to participate in a running contest? It's definitely a stretch, as are most Skill rolls that are more matters of the body than of the mind, so I'd say this power ends up applying to maybe 60% of Skill rolls if you're creative about it. Finally, Miko's "Maiden's Garb" grants a +2 to Allure rolls while wearing your religious attire; this power is circumstantial, but less so episode-to-episode, and more setting-to-setting; if you're playing in a school setting that uses uniforms, this likely will apply to maybe 30% of Allure rolls if you're creative and lucky; if you're playing in a school setting that does not use uniforms, this advantage will apply to 100% of Allure rolls.

The extreme variant on this (30%-90% or 60%-100%) makes it difficult to consider these powers balanced against each other. If these powers are to be considered equally valuable, the GM has to rigorously make sure they are only allowing these powers to be applied exactly as often as the rest of them, which essentially requires setting a percentage for yourself at the beginning of the episode (up to and including 100%), planning out the episode to determine how often each roll will occur, and then sticking to that percentage religiously. Unfortunately, whatever percentage you pick is going to be unfair to somebody; some powers will be applying more often than they have any right to, while others will be barred from applying for no reason beyond game balance (which breaks immersion).

Now, due to the nature of this game, creative power use should still definitely be a part of the game, but it is my hope that this remix of the HSHC system will minimize the impact circumstance has on how useful these powers are.

Spoiler: Design Philosophy
    Show
    Each archetype features six advantages, and there will be six each of Unlimited and Supernatural Unlimited powers. This system remix is balanced around the new passive powers: once the passive +2s are rebalanced according to the design philosophy below, the other passives and the limited-use powers will be rebalanced to be on par with the passives, to the best of my ability to estimate their worth.

New Design Philosophy

Every roll has an Attribute and a Class assigned to it when presented by the GM. Classes designate whether a roll is an Allure roll, Conflict roll, Luck roll, or Skill roll. Attributes designate a roll as a Mental roll, Physical roll, Social roll, or a Unlimited roll. Physical rolls focus on tests of the body, Mental rolls focus on tests of the mind, and Social rolls focus on tests of reputation, generally speaking. Many powers in this remix of the HSHC system will reference a roll's Attribute the same way that many now reference a roll's Class. If it a roll is designated as a non-Unlimited Attribute, powers granting a bonus to that Attribute/Class combo should more or less automatically apply if they can tangentially relate to the scenario, while the other two Non-Unlimited Attributes for that class should be harder to justify applying to this scene (and nearly impossible to get both of the others without a lenient DM or a very creative player).

If a roll is an Unlimited Attribute, it should be relatively easy to apply any of your bonuses to that attribute. You may not stack non-Unlimited Attribute bonuses together (although you may stack non-Unlimited penalties together). When players choose strong and weak rolls at the beginning of the game, they choose one Class and one Attribute for each, and the bonuses/penalties can combine together. For example, a character might select Mental/Luck as their strong rolls and Physical/Skill as their weak rolls; they would have +2 on Mental/Luck rolls, +1 on Mental/Allure, Mental/Conflict, and Social/Luck rolls, +0 on Social/Allure, Social/Conflict, Physical/Luck, and Mental/Skill rolls, -1 on Physical/Allure, Physical/Conflict, and Social/Skill rolls, and -2 on Physical/Skill rolls.

As an example, let us consider a character with powers "Brawler", "Argumentative", and "Bully", which grant a +2 on Physical Conflict, +2 on Mental Conflict, and +2 on Social Conflict respectively. They are presented with a Physical Conflict roll; applying "Brawler" should be fairly easy, but applying "Argumentative" or "Bully" should be a bit harder, while applying both should take a significantly convincing explanation for why a mental and social bonus helps you win a fist fight. However, the next roll is a "Unlimited Conflict" roll, and which combination of the three powers applies during this roll is dependent on how creative the player is with their power use; if they can come up with a way to make their mental, physical, and social Conflict bonuses relevant to the situation, they can and should get the full +6 bonus. However, if they also had the power "Martial Artist" also granting +2 to Physical Conflict checks, they could not apply Martial Artist and Brawler to the same roll, because both have the Physical Attribute.

The majority of passive powers (which will serve as the system's new balance point) will have three optional bonuses, from which you can pick two. Alternatively, you can select all three options, in exchange for taking the penalty option as well. Finally, one of the options available (marked with a *) can be upgraded to a Unlimited power, in exchange for either giving up an option, or taking the penalty option as well. You cannot select the penalty option twice.

Spoiler: Example Power
    Show
    Meganekko/Honor Student

Whether due to an astounding natural intellect, highly effective study habits, or an insane amount of hard work, you are at or near the top of your class in most subjects, and constantly pushing yourself to do better. At chargen, you may select either A) one Unlimited* bonus, B) two bonuses, C) three bonuses and a penalty, or D) one Unlimited Bonus, one bonus, and a penalty
    :
    • +2 on Mental/Allure rolls to appear attractive/impressive due to your intellect.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when another student is in need of academic assistance.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving academic knowledge, logic, or raw intellect.*
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls where you antisocial personality or reputation as a know-it-all/teacher's pet comes into play.

A player who takes a Unlimited version of a normally non-Unlimited bonus is still tied to that power's fluff, even though the power should come into play much more often. GMs and homebrewers should be careful about what bonuses they allow to be potentially Unlimited: within the fluff of the ability, it should make sense that it could potentially apply to all rolls of that Class, be they mental, physical, or social. In the example given, a Meganekko could take Honor Student and only take the Mental Unlimited Skill bonus, and the skill bonus would apply to physical and social Skill rolls because the character is so smart and knowledgeable that they can apply their knowledge of physics and biology to a footrace or a political debate. It would be much harder to explain how, for instance, being super-smart to the point that people seek you out for help makes you so Lucky that it affects your physical Luck as well.

The final rule change is on power stacking. In the old system, mechanically identical effects could not be stacked, but because fluff was a significant mechanical factor, differing fluff allowed powers to be stacked together. Under the new system, fluff is irrelevant to mechanics, and you cannot stack powers if they have the exact same mechanical effect. Now, a few notes on some intentional loopholes in this rule: a power (such as Honor Student) where one of the options is "+2 on Unlimited/Skill rolls" is a mechanically different power from a power that grants "+2 on Skill rolls when non-Skill rolls are an option"; the majority of the time, they will essentially be a +2 to all Skill rolls, but standalone skill rolls would not get the second bonus, so the powers are mechanically different enough and you're allowed to have both of them.

The second intentional loophole is a bit more interesting: due to the way many passive flat-bonus powers work now (where you can select from a list of options), you can take the same power multiple times, as long as they have separate mechanical effects. In fact, the way these passive powers are set up, there are eight separate ways you could take the power - and thus, a character that takes a passive flat six times as their entire mechanical build is a legitimate build. Keep in mind: while you can have multiple versions of the same power in this manner, circumstances still matter, and also you still can't have multiple non-Unlimited attributes applying simultaneously. This allows for a character who is hyperfocused on a particular aspect of their characterization.

Spoiler: TL;DR New Rules
    Show
    1. Rolls now have Attributes (Mental/Physical/Social/Unlimited), and powers with non-Unlimited can't stack with others of the same attribute (and can't always be applied).

2. At chargen, choose a Strong Attribute roll and a Weak Attribute roll, in addition to normal Strong/Weak rolls.

3. When selecting a Passive Power, select two bonuses. Alternatively, you can upgrade one of the bonuses (marked as special) to an the marked Attribute, in exchange for either giving up the other bonus or taking a penalty. Alternatively, you can take the third bonus in exchange for taking the penalty as well.

Spoiler: Character Development (Optional Rebuild/Upgrade Rules)
    Show
    Spoiler: Upgrades
    Show
    Characters grow more capable of over time, whether due to getting more fleshed out, or due to power creep. Either way, you can accommodate this increase in fluff capabilities with mechanical upgrades to characters. At the end of every episode, every character gains one new advantage (or two, in high-powered games) from their existing archetypes/universal sources (or any archetype, in a particularly high-powered game). This power can be mechanically identical to a power they've already taken (and can even be the exact power they've already taken, if they like).
    Spoiler: Rebuilding
    Show
    Maybe your character has gone in an unexpected direction, or maybe some of your powers aren't useful as often as you thought they'd be. Guess it's time to rebuild your character - make sure to ask the GM and the other players if this is alright, and if they take too long responding, you'll have to wait 'til next episode (since it's unfair to rebuild in the middle of the episode, after all). Well not anymore! Basically, the point of having official Rebuilding Rules is to have them pre-established so that you don't need to ask the entire group every time you've got an issue with your mechanics.

At the end of every episode, each player may select up to two of their advantages (or three, in high-powered games) and trade it away for another advantage. You still need to follow the rules on whether you can take the new advantage or not (you cannot, for example, gain a new quirk by trading away a non-quirk). If your GM is also using the Upgrade rules, you can also use your rebuilding opportunities to downgrade/upgrade powers.

I want to emphasize that these rules are not intended to establish an absolute maximum allowed rebuilding, but rather that they are intended to establish a baseline of what's allowed without getting a full consensus from the group: this allows you to make small changes to your character in between episodes with the understanding that everybody knew this was an option from the beginning. If the direction your character goes in is extreme enough to warrant a more thorough rebuild (such as when bringing in a new character entirely, or a Ladette/Sensei-chan who throws away the bottle after drunkenly seducing one of her students, or a Sports Star/Genki who was in a horrible accident that left them paralyzed from the waist down), that should still definitely be an option for you to discuss with your DM, but changes that significant should require group discussion, and are beyond the scope of these baseline rebuild rules.

Spoiler: Universal
    Show
    Idiot Savant: You're honestly pretty terrible at most things, but when you're doing something you're truly passionate about, your hyperfocused talents pay off. Your strong rolls improve by +1; you gain an additional weak roll of both types of your choice. You cannot combine this power with any other power that changes the number of strong/weak rolls you have. This cannot be combined with any other power that improves your strong roll passively.

Minor Talents: Whether due to a tendency to dabble, a desire to be more well-rounded, or just a lack of true focus, your life has blessed you with above-average capabilities in a number of small fields of expertise. At character creation, select three powers from any source that don't have a limited number of uses per episode; every roll Class must be present at least once across the three powers, and you may not take any penalty options. Up to twice per episode per power, you may select one of your Minor Talent powers and act as if you possessed that power for the duration of the current scene.

Outdoorsperson: You've got a passion for some combination of camping, hiking, and hunting. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls involving close combat.
    • +2 on Mental/Luck rolls involving the application of outdoorsy knowledge.Unlimited/Luck
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving outdoorsy activities.
    • -2 on Social/Skill rolls where your relative inability to relate to others might prove problematic.

Madam Not-Appearing-In-This-Scene: Sometimes you've just got somewhere else to be - or maybe you're in the scene, but you're just there and not really contributing. That's okay though - it'll make your comeback feel more pronounced. Twice per episode, you may choose to skip the current roll entirely; if you do so, then in the following scene, any VP rewards count as doubled for you. You cannot choose to skip two scenes in a row.

Romantic Interest: It's a harem anime, what do you expect? Plot and circumstance warping in favor of a cute girl is just how things work around here. Twice per episode, you may roll an Allure roll in place of a Luck roll.

Splash Magnet: You've got an unfortunate arrangement with fate to make your life a never-ending series of suggestive spills and splashes. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when sufficiently soaked in water.
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls involving lots of water.Unlimited/Luck
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving balancing, swimming, or situational awareness.
    • -2 on Mental/Skill rolls, due to being behind in classes from your work and books getting soaked so often.

Stargazer: You know the night sky like the back of your hand, you've written way too many poems and song lyrics about the Summer Triangle, and you place perhaps a bit to much faith in your daily horoscope. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Allure rolls when confidence is key.
    • +2 on Mental/Luck rolls to have things go your way in line with astrology.Unlimited/Luck
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving astrology, astronomy, or navigation.
    • -2 Physical/Conflict, because the stars' predictions can't necessarily help you win a fight.

Yamato Nadeshiko: A lifetime of social norms, household chores, and traditional values has left their mark on you, helping you mature into the mature woman of the house you'll one day become. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure when your reputation for maturity and patience would be helpful.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when your maturity and responsibility would garner interest.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls relating to child care or housework (such as cooking, cleaning, basic repairs, and the like).
    • -2 on Social/Conflict rolls due to your tendency to defer to others and avoid asserting your authority.

Spoiler: Supernatural Universal
    Show
    Elemental Affinity: You're fundamentally disposed toward an element, whether that's fire, water, or... helium, maybe? Select an element, and two Attribute/Class combos (you may not pick Unlimited Attribute); you have a +2 to those two combos when your element is involved in the scene.

Heightened Senses: Compared to a human, some of your senses are razor-sharp! Pick three of the five major senses (or some other more supernatural sense, if allowed). Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls when you can gain an advantage via your heightened senses.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls about sharing gossip you've detected.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving perception or situational awareness.
    • -2 on Mental/Luck rolls due to being distracted by an overwhelming amount of sensory input.

Impressive Form: A big part of what makes monsters dangerous is how physically imposing they tend to be. +1 on Physical rolls if non-Physical was an option.

Monster: You are a boogeyman, a shadow in the night, a bedtime story told to scare children into behaving. You may not always show that part of your...but it's always there. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls when reminding others why monsters are feared.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls when stalking somebody at the opportune time.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving running, jumping, climbing, or other forms of mobility.
    • -2 on Social/Allure due to your monstrous reputation.

Supernatural Superiority: You're not as flawed as your more human counterparts. You have no weak rolls. You may choose an additional strong roll of each type, and gain Unlimited as a strong roll. This counts as passively improving your strong rolls.

Touchy Spot: Let it suffice to say that your biology includes a bit of an inconvenient erogenous zone. Thrice per episode, you may roll an extra D5 Unlimited/Luck roll. If successful, you may add +4 to a current Allure or Conflict roll.

Unleashed: However friendly you may appear, you have the heart of a monster, a supernatural threat that one can't help but be wary of. Twice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 1 on an Allure roll. You may (instead of rolling) take a natural 6 on any non-Allure roll later in the episode.

Weird Calls To Weird: It's rare to find just a single supernatural being in an area; usually, they tend to flock together, even if only subconsciously. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Luck rolls (including your own).
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-03 at 07:37 PM.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Standard Part 1
    Show
    Spoiler: Artist
    Show
    "You inspire me, Protagonist-kun~"

You are an artiste. You deal in creativity, inspiration and beauty; things like 'being practical' and 'fitting in' are not for you. No, it will take a bold statement to win the protagonist's heart, and none but you have the vision to make it happen!

Creative Soul: Everything gives you an idea of something to paint, or write, or sing, or sculpt, or dance, or comedy, or...well, you get the idea. See what I did there? Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Allure rolls when others would be impressed by your creativity and imagination.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Mental/Luck rolls when something inspires you somehow.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving music, acting, or artistry in some way.
    • -2 on Social/Conflict rolls due to your preference to make art instead of butt heads with others.

Dedicated Artist: When life presents you with an issue, you prefer to solve it using creativity, intelligence, and finesse. +1 on Skill rolls if non-Skill was an option.

Drama Queen: You might be a writer that's always trying out new characters, or a Shakespearean Actor in training, or just a showoff who likes to draw attention, but one thing's for sure: wherever you go, everything becomes a lot more...dramatic. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when exaggerated behavior makes you look better.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls related to your current persona.Unlimited/Skill
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls when getting into a new persona.
    • -2 on Social/Luck rolls due to people avoiding the drama that tends to surround you.

Impressive: Some people look good by...well, looking good. But some people (like you) know that appearances can't compare to actually being good at something. Twice per episode, you may make a Skill roll in place of an Allure roll.

Multiple Personalities: Are you crazy, or just a really dedicated method actor? Either way, you have a tendency to push yourself in areas you don't normally excel in...and I guess the placebo effect works, because you tend to be pretty good when you switch things up on yourself. Thrice per episode, you may reassign your strong/weak rolls for the rest of the episode.

Steal The Spotlight: Whatever had people at each other's throats, it won't be an issue once you make a scene and make everything about you. Twice per episode, you may make a Skill roll in place of a Conflict roll.

Superstitious: Have you read one too many horror stories while researching your next book? Is your art inspired by the supernatural and preternatural forces that cause you to shiver in the night? Do you reflexively flinch whenever somebody invokes the Scottish Curse? Thrice per episode, you may make a D5 Unlimited/Luck roll. If successful, you gain +4 on a current Conflict or Skill roll.

Tortured Artist: Your body, mind, and reputation are in shambles...but with what comes out of it, who can say you're not doing well for yourself? Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Allure roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Spoiler: Bokukko/Bishonen
    Show
    "Protagonist-kun! So good to see you!"

You aren't quite a fit to your biological gender; whether you're a guy in touch with his feminine side, a tomboyish girl, a genderfluid individual, or were just born in the wrong body, you've never felt quite right with yourself, and neither have many others. But Protagonist-kun accepts you for who you are, rather than who they expect you to be, and you've fallen rather hard for them.

Androgynous: Gender stereotypes are for suckers and tools; you do what's fun and enjoyable for you, regardless of whether it's considered 'appropriate'. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when dressed in masculine/very feminine clothing.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls involving close combat or not getting hurt.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving running, jumping, climbing, or other forms of mobility.
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to not truly fitting in with either stereotypical gender.

Can't Keep Me Down: You've been called many things, but a quitter isn't one of them; when you get knocked down, you bounce back up. Once per episode, you may take a modifier on any roll equal to the margin by which you failed your previous roll.

Headstrong: A lifetime being lectured to about proper gender roles and the importance of fitting in can leave a person rather stubborn and argumentative. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls involving arguments or debate.
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls to resist somebody trying to control you or tell you what to do.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls to manipulate others into seeing things your way.
    • -2 on Social/Luck rolls due to people trying to avoid drawing your wrath.

Leave 'Em Speechless: It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, you can be just as good as any of them if you put the effort in. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Now It's On!: Sometimes, you aren't able to impress people with your looks or reputation. When that time comes, it just means you've got to show them you've got the talent and skill to cash the checks your mouth's been making. Whenever you lose an opposed Allure roll or fail an unopposed one, you gain +4 on a Conflict roll or a Skill roll later in the episode. You may stack charges, if possible.

Outcast: One would think it mattered less in this day and age, but particularly for those still in school, not fitting in is the greatest crime of all. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 penalty on all Social rolls in the current scene (including your own).

Sharp Wit: Scathing sarcasm, witty retorts, cutting remarks, backhanded complements...you have many ways of leveraging your intelligence in day-to-day life. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Skill roll. If successful, you gain +4 to a current Allure or Conflict roll.

Vulnerable: You hate relying on pity...which sucks, because for some reason you're excellent at invoking it without trying when you lose. Whenever you lose an opposed Conflict roll, you gain +4 on an Allure roll or a Luck roll later in the episode. You may stack charges, if possible.

Spoiler: Celtic Lass
    Show
    "Top o' th' marnin' to ye, Protagonist-kun!"

With your flame-red hair and lilting brogue, you possess an exotic charm that none of these other girls can compete with. There's no way the protagonist is going to be able to resist you!

Celtic Curse: Bad luck follows you around like a shroud, and anyone nearby would be well-served to keep their distance, lest a touch of it envelop them as well. Thrice per episode, all sources of penalties have their penalty increased by an additional -2. This extra penalty can stack with itself.

Celtic Heritage: Thick accent, hair trigger temper, folksy ways, iron liver? Probably not all of them - you're not a walking stereotype - but you're definitely proud of your family's origins. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls when emotions are running high.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls to be in the right place at an opportune moment.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls feats of strength, agility, or vitality.
    • -2 on Mental/Allure rolls due to your admittedly deserved reputation as a bit of a nut.

Competitive Spirit: You'll be damned if you're gonna let anybody show you up. Even if you have to work twice as hard as everyone else combined, you'll prove your the best! +1 on all rolls.

Friends Among The Fae: Most people probably don't believe that you're blessed by the friendship of the fairy folk, but most people aren't anywhere near as lucky as you at avoiding misfortune when it strikes. Strange how things seem to go so wrong around you, but only for other people. Twice per episode, all other girls participating in the current roll must roll twice and take the worse result.

Irresistible Brogue: Something about your accent and speech tics just draws people in like nothing else. +1 on Allure if non-Allure was an option.

Luck O' The Irish: Whether good or bad, nobody can say that your luck is anything average. Things around you just seem to go...strangely. Twice per episode, you may make a Luck roll in place of a Skill roll.

Old Country: You lean into expectations a bit harder than most. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Half-Foreign or Ladette archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

Stubborn Perseverance: When life gives you lemons, you punch life in the face, hit life over the head with a chair, and squeeze the lemons over life's wounds. Twice per episode, you may make a Conflict roll in place of a Luck roll.

Spoiler: Chuunibyou
    Show
    "Join me for an adventure, Protagonist-kun?"

Life is a story, and you're the protagonist! Well, in your head, at least. Whether it's true in reality is questionable, but one thing's for sure: you've found your love interest at long last, and you'll be damned if you gonna let a bunch of third-rate side characters turn your story into a romantic tragedy!

Accidental Expert: You've spent so much time pouring over videos of fighting techniques or researching esoteric subjects for the purposes of your adventures, that your odd amalgamation of knowledge and trivia comes in handy surprisingly often. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Luck roll. If successful, you gain +4 to a current Conflict or Skill roll.

Inexplicable Resolution: Popular student spreading odd rumors about you? Won't work, you were demonstrating a science doodad in the teacher's lounge, and that story is way more exciting than some dumb rumor! Teacher who's secretly an alien spy deliberately sabotaging your grades? Force them to give you the grade you deserve by proving your kung fu superior to theirs! School bully wants to pick a fight with you? Nah, dance-off! Whether it's people humoring your delusions or you taking advantage of your protagonist status, you seem to be able to solve problems in whatever way you wish to solve them. Twice per episode, you may take a -1 penalty to your current roll, in exchange for changing it to an unlimited roll of whatever class you desire.

Killer Instinct: Whether you're actually some kung-fu superhero or whatever, you're definitely more willing to resort to violence than others - eager, even. +3 on Opposed Conflict rolls.

Multiple Personalities: You don't just have one story you're in, you have many, and sometimes when one hero isn't up to the task, they have to tag in somebody more fitting. Thrice per episode, you may reassign your strong/weak rolls for the rest of the episode.

Not Just Talk: Your wild claims of competency aren't entirely figments of your imagination. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Martial Artist or Tech Whiz archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

Rule Of Cool: Nobody knows if you actually learned karate from a kung fu master in a past life, or if you spent five years trapped in a Dragon Ball Z comic, but one thing's for sure: you're in good shape from lots of practice, and you look cool when you're moving. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure when showing off your rockin' bod.
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls involving close combat.Unlimited/Conflict
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls, because somebody trying so hard to look cool is immediately uncool.

Rule Of Drama: You're the star, the hero, the protagonist! You don't do this boring normal average stuff! When you set out to do something, you either shine like a star, or crash to earth in a burning husk! Any time you roll, you may choose to roll normally, or choose to invoke the Rule Of Drama; if you invoke the Rule Of Drama, 2s and 3s count as 1, while 4s and 5s count as 6.

Rule Of Funny: Sometimes you're the butt of the joke, and sometimes you're the one having the last laugh. But sometimes, letting Fate have a laugh at your expense can lead to good fortune down the road. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Mental roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Spoiler: Cuckoolander
    Show
    “Hello, Protagonist-kun. You ever wonder what it would be like to have pincers like a beetle?”

You’re a bit of an oddball with a penchant for thinking of things that no normal person ever would. It’s a little unclear sometimes if you really understand what’s going on here, but you certainly seem to like the protagonist a lot nonetheless.

And Now For Something Completely Different: Your areas of expertise can seem random and unrelated to an outside observer. Thrice per episode, you may reassign your strong/weak rolls for the rest of the episode.

Huh? What?: You weren’t really paying attention to whatever just happened, so you’ll just keep doing what you were before. Once per episode, you may apply whatever advantages you applied to the previous roll to your current roll regardless of context or roll type. Abilities with limited usage cannot be replicated in this way.

Methodical Madness: You're not crazy, not really. You just have a different way of thinking about things. You're not wrong, you're just doing things differently...and sometimes, better. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls when you're able to direct the conversation in an unexpected direction in your favor.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving logic or academic knowledge.
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls when your odd decisions work out in your favor.Unlimited/Luck
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your reputation as a bit of a nut.

Non-Sequitur: Nobody seems that surprised when you do something entirely irrelevant to the matter at hand. Twice per episode, you may take a -1 penalty to your current roll, in exchange for changing it to an unlimited roll of whatever class you desire.

Not Like The Other Girls: Weird though you may be, you have powerful Hot Topic EnergyTM, and these shows are aimed at...let's say, a particular audience that's maybe got something against the typical pretty girls. +1 to all rolls.

Odd Affinity: 'Odd' is just the perfect word to describe you. Whenever you're around, things always turn out for the weirder. +1 on Luck if non-Luc

Train Of Thought Dispatcher: Some might say you consider it your duty to derail every train of thought in the room. You might say "glasses are proof that a disability can be sexy". Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Mental rolls (including your own).

Unexpectedly Insightful: Sometimes the world goes mad around you...and that's when you can use your experience with madness to show them the way through it. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Spoiler: Dojikko
    Show
    “Oof! I fell on something soft… EHH?! Protagonist-kun?!”

You have an endearing tendency to clumsily mess up everything you try. You stammer out blushing apologies on a regular basis and always try your best, though your knack for tripping on thin air might help you literally close the distance between you and the protagonist.

Accident-Prone: You just can’t help but trip and fall in embarrassing positions. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when people feel sorry for you.
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls involving stumbles, falls, or accidents.Unlimited/Luck
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls to attract assistance from people who feel sorry for you.
    • -2 on Physical/Skill rolls due to your seeming inability to coordinate your body.

Contagious Clumsiness: You've dubbed this your own personal 'domino effect': your own seeming inability to move the way you want to can result in everyone suffering purely due to proximity. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Physical rolls (including your own).

Easily Forgiven: It’s hard to get frustrated with you despite the mistakes you made. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Skill roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Karma: Somehow, life always finds a way to pay you back from those unexpected tumbles. Whenever you lose an Opposed Skill roll or fail an Unopposed Skill roll, you gain +4 on an Allure roll or a Luck roll later in the episode. You may stack charges, if possible.

Overly Careful: Sometimes, if you're super-careful, nothing goes wrong...but it takes a lot of effort and focus. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Prepared For Anything You're prepared for the worst to happen, to the point that nothing can really catch you off-guard anymore. Thrice per episode, you may make a D5 Unlimited/Luck roll. If successful, you gain +4 on a current Conflict or Skill roll.

Sympathy Magnet: So much goes wrong for you that people can't help but feel sorry. Twice per episode, you may make a Luck roll in place of an Allure roll.

Taking You With Me: You might or might not do it intentionally, but your stumbles can send you crashing right into your rivals’ way. Twice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 1 on your roll. In exchange, another player is also forced to take a natural 1 on their roll, as well as an additional -1 penalty. They still decide what roll they're aiming for, and use their own powers/modifiers (with the exception of the aforementioned additional -1). If they used any power letting them take a number instead of rolling, they instead take a natural 1, and the use of that power is not expended.

Spoiler: Genki
    Show
    “Ya-hoooo~! Coming through, Protagonist-kun!”

You have a cheery disposition and more energy than a sugared-up hummingbird. You’re both hyper and assertive, and your willingness to literally bowl the protagonist over with your enthusiasm is your signature strength.

Always Upbeat: You've got an infectious, energetic attitude. Passive Power:
    • +2 Mental/Allure rolls for your infectious attitude helping relieve others of stress.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 Social/Luck when somebody is in need of company.
    • +2 Social/Skill when taking advantage of how nobody wants to be the one to ruin your good mood.
    • -2 Social/Conflict, since a perky and chipper reputation isn't going to make people back down.

Boundless Energy: You're always on the move, bouncing around, fidgeting in place, smiling and waving at everybody who passes, and just generally being a happy hyper girl. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict to avoid getting hurt.
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls to be inexplicably present at an opportune moment.Unlimited/Luck
    • -2 on Mental/Luck rolls due to being almost constantly distracted.

Endless Reserves: You're like a squirrel with a caffeine addiction, in all the best and worst ways. +3 on Opposed Physical checks.

Exhausting To Look At: Being you is exhausting at times, but you get some small consolation in that, when you really get going, it's exhausting for others to even try and keep up with you. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 penalty on all Physical rolls in the current scene (including your own).

Giving It 110%: What's 'it' here? 'It' is 'everything you can think of! You give EVERYTHING 110%! +1 to all rolls.

Hypercharge: You’ve got the energy of two people crammed into one body. Thrice per episode, you may attempt two separate rolls in the current scene, taking a -1 penalty to both. If you succeed at both, you gain the benefits of both wins; if both rolls lead to the same conclusion, use the better of the two rolls.

Overclocked: You can summon up even more energy than normal at times, but you tend to burn out afterwards. Thrice per episode, you gain +4 to your current roll, in exchange for a -2 on your next roll.

Unstoppable Force: You've got reserves of energy deep within you that you can draw on when the going gets tough. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Spoiler: Goth
    Show
    "Protagonist-kun? ...whatever."

Perhaps you came for the music and stayed for the aesthetic, perhaps it was the other way around. In either case, you have embraced the gloomy, baroque stylings of a goth. Who knows, maybe the protagonist will fall for your mysterious charms?

Aggravated Misery: Life is suffering, and you're gonna make sure to share that misery with everybody nearby. Thrice per episode, all sources of penalties have their penalty increased by an additional -2. This extra penalty can stack with itself.

Can't Keep Me Down: If due to nothing more than sheer, bloody-minded stubbornness, you push yourself all the harder when you screw up. Once per episode, you may take a modifier on any roll equal to the margin by which you failed your previous roll.

Counterculture Hurricane: You reject cultural and social norms so hard that just being near you causes people's reputations to take a hit. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Social rolls (including your own).

Death Glare: Even just the thought of invoking your wrath can put somebody off their game. Twice per episode, all other girls participating in the current roll must roll twice and take the worse result.

Go Against The Grain: It's like reverse psychology, but for an entire personality. You refuse to fit into the boxes people make for you, even if you'd naturally fit into them. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Bokukko/Bishonen or Sukeban archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

Macabre Superiority: Look at these people. Glassy-eyed automatons going about their daily lives, never stopping to look around and think! I'm the only conscious human in a world of sheep. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when wearing predominantly dark-colored clothing.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls when arguing or debating with somebody.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls when proving yourself mentally superior to another.
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your tendencies to reject social norms.

Pool Of Angst: When life decides to take a steaming dump on you, you turn that bad luck into anger at the world, and sadness with yourself...and you ride those emotional rollercoasters to victory! Whenever you lose an opposed Luck roll or fail an Unopposed Luck roll, you gain +4 to an Allure roll or Conflict roll later in the episode. You may stack charges, if possible.

Step On Me: No matter how you treat them, there's always some dork ready and waiting to assist you with whatever you need done. Twice per episode, you may make an Allure roll in place of a Skill roll.

Spoiler: Half-Foreigner
    Show
    “Guten Morgen, Protagonist-kun!”

You have a touch of the exotic about you thanks to your mother or father of foreign blood. You’re just arriving here after a long time living overseas, but your quirky sprinklings of foreign phrases and your unusual mannerisms will help you stand out to the protagonist among the other girls.

Better At Everything: Whether due to a harder life or a stricter standard of excellence where you come from, you tend to be just a bit better at things than most people. +1 on all rolls.

Colorful Cursing: Your incomprehensible yet funny-sounding tirades of swearing makes you seem cute even when you’re furious. Whenever you lose an opposed Conflict roll or fail an unopposed one, you gain +4 on an Allure roll or a Conflict roll later in the episode. You may stack charges, if possible.

Culture Enthusiast: You light up whenever you participate in all these quaint cultural customs that seem fresh and new to you. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Allure rolls when engaging in activities not part of your original culture.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when seeking assistance in learning new things.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls where your boundless enthusiasm helps you give a task your all.
    • -2 on Social/Skill rolls due to performing a social gaff or faux pas fairly frequently.

Culture Shock: Your insights to the unusual nature of your current country can sometimes catch others off guard. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Allure roll. If successful, you may add +4 to a current Luck or Skill roll.

Foreign Charm: You have an exotic aura about you that makes people take you perhaps a bit more seriously than they should, and you know how to use that to your advantage. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when your exotic looks and ways make others more susceptible to your charms.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls when you're able to leverage your status as a foreigner to your advantage.
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls to manipulate others or improve your social standing.
    • -2 on Physical/Conflict rolls, since you don't want to 'break the spell' by losing your temper.

Forgive My Unfamiliarity: People can't hold it against you when you screw things up. It's just so different from the way things are done in your country, after all! Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Social roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Social Faux Pas: What's acceptable in one culture isn't in another, but you're always quick to make up for your mistake. Twice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 1 on a Social roll. You may (instead of rolling) take a natural 6 on any non-Social roll later in the episode.

Strange Ways: You've held onto some parts of your culture, and they can be so far out that nobody really understands what you're up to. Once per episode, you may apply whatever advantages you applied to the previous roll to your current roll regardless of context or roll type. Abilities with limited usage cannot be replicated in this way.

Spoiler: Hippie Chick
    Show
    "Hey protagonist-man, love is like, free, you know?"

It's been decades since being a hippie was cool, but that doesn't deter you in the slightest. The beatnik values of freedom, sharing and love appeal to you and, with any luck, they'll appeal to the protagonist, too!

All Natural: Your mind, body, and soul are your temple, and you refuse to let them be tainted by outside sources. This devotion to your own purity strengthens you in many aspects of your day-to-day life. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when showing off your rockin' bod.
    • +2 on Mental/Allure rolls when your maturity and peace of mind endear you to others.Unlimited/Allure
    • -2 on Mental/Conflict rolls due to your preference not to force your way of thinking onto others.

Aura Of Patchouli: Your devotion to herbal skincare is both good for your skin and off-putting to your rivals! Twice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Allure rolls (including your own).

Druggie Reputation: Whether you partake or not, your behavior and manner of speaking gives you a bad reputation...as well as those who spend time around you. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Social rolls (including your own).

Hard Drugs: Sometimes you need something that makes you really feel alive! Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Conflict roll sand Physical rolls and -2 on Allure rolls and Mental rolls for the next three scenes. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Puff The Magic Dragon.

In Touch With Yourself: Your thoughts on your place in the universe are a bit skewed from what most people consider normal. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Cuckoolander or Miko archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

Karma: You sleep under a hodge-podge of lucky charms from all different cultures. One of them must work, right? +1 on Luck rolls if non-Luck was an option.

Make Love Not War: The hippie mantra encourages you to seek diplomatic solutions. Twice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 1 on a Conflict roll; you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 6 on a non-Conflict roll later in the episode.

Puff The Magic Dragon: To you, mind-altering substances are a route to spiritual enlightenment. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Allure rolls and Mental rolls and -2 on Conflict rolls and Physical rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Hard Drugs.

Spoiler: Idol Singer
    Show
    “Protagonist-kun, you’ll come to see my next concert, right~?”

You have a career outside school as a pop singer, combining sugary lyrics with choreographed moves to capture the hearts of entire crowds. But now that you’ve found your own heart captured by the protagonist, it’s time to work at winning the love you’ve sung so many songs about!

Dazzling Display: You can disorient the other girls by flashing them more riches than they’ll ever see again in their lives. Twice per episode, all other girls participating in the current roll must roll twice and take the worse result.

Famous: You're practically a household name, whether you deserve such a reputation or not. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls to leverage your fame.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls when taking advantage of your fame.
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls involving dealing with side-effects of your fame.
    • -2 on Social/Luck rolls due to your fame making you difficult to approach for more mundane reasons.

Follow Your Dreams: You're living proof that anybody can make it, if they work hard and follow their heart; your very presence is inspiring to others. Thrice per episode, you may give +2 to another girl's roll. If she receives VP as a result of that roll, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received (rounded down).

Impressive: Some people look good by...well, looking good. But some people (like you) know that appearances can't compare to actually being good at something. Twice per episode, you may make a Skill roll in place of an Allure roll.

Manufactured Perfection: When one knows the world is watching, one does what one must. Perfect isn't easy....but it's you. You have no weak rolls. You may choose an additional strong roll of each type, and gain Unlimited as a strong roll. This counts as passively improving your strong rolls.

Performer: You didn't rise to the top just by being good looking: you've got serious talent and a rock-solid work ethic. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when recognizable as your famous persona, or when showing off your body/outfit.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving dancing, tumbling, running, or other forms of physical performance/competition.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving your performance talents, or skill sets you've picked up as part of mastering said talents.Unlimited/Skill
    • -2 on Mental/Conflict rolls, due to a preference to focus on making art rather than butting heads.

Security Detail: You’ve got a security staff you can occasionally put to work shooing away undesirables in your stead. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Conflict roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Social Butterfly: You've mastered the art of being a public figure interacting directly with the adoring public. Your strong roll bonuses increase by +1. You take -1 to Physical rolls, and -1 to Conflict rolls. This cannot be combined with any other power that improves your strong roll passively.

Spoiler: Iinchou
    Show
    “Protagonist-kun! Must I teach you the rules of this school once again?!”

You have a sense of responsibility and leadership that makes you fit for being a class representative, or at least enough people in the class thought so to elect you. Your authority and reliability, whether real or alleged, will be useful as you pursue the protagonist through the halls – without running!

Bureaucratic Efficiency: You are on your way to becoming an ideal bureaucrat: you're not the best, but you're fairly resistant to mistakes, errors, and bad luck. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Goodie Two Shoes: The only way you earn victory is through hard work and talent. +2 on Skill rolls when non-Skill was an option.

Motivational Speech: Your skill in public speaking often assists you in inspiring others to new heights. Thrice per episode, you may give +2 to another girl's roll. If she receives VP as a result of that roll, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received (rounded down).

Representative: You have a good reputation with the teachers and staff around the school, and you project an aura of reliability that any higher-ups can respect. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls to assert your authority.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when somebody needs academic assistance.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving academic knowledge or debate.Unlimited/Skill
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your goodie-two-shoes tendencies.

Serious Business: Seeing as it’s your responsibility to maintain morality and order among the class, you have no patience for shameless flirting around. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Allure rolls (including your own).

Tattletale: Your presence discourages people from picking fights, since they know what you'll do the second they're not looking. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Conflict rolls (including your own).

Teamwork: People naturally come to you when they’re running into a problem in their school life, and you often find a way to help even when it's not your specialty. Thrice per episode, you may give +2 to another girl's roll. If she receives VP as a result of that roll, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received (rounded down).

Unorthodox Approach: Part of the job is rolling with the punches and thinking on your feet; sometimes, when the more appropriate response isn't effective, you can tackle a problem for an unexpected angle for a greater chance of success. Twice per episode, you may take a -1 penalty to your current roll, in exchange for changing it to an unlimited roll of whatever class you desire.

Spoiler: Ill Girl
    Show
    "*cough cough*... Oh, don't worry Protagonist-kun... it's not contagious..."

Whether you are dying of an incurable disease, have a permanent physical ailment, or merely have a tendency to get sick a lot, you suffer on a whole other level compared to the average girl. Thankfully, there are no barriers that love cannot overcome! If Protagonist-kun can look past your coughing, wheezing, sneezing, and hacking, that is...

Debilitating Cough: When you have a particularly nasty flare-up, it can get hard for people around you to concentrate. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Skill rolls (including your own).

Feeling Better: You feel up to pushing yourself a bit...oh, no, there it goes, nevermind. Thrice per episode, you gain +4 to your current roll, in exchange for a -2 on your next roll.

Going From Bad To Worse: You garner even more pity than usual when somebody goes out of their way to make your life worse. Whenever you lose an Opposed Conflict roll or fail an Unopposed one, you gain +4 to an Allure roll or Luck roll later in the episode. You may stack charges, if possible.

Looking Better: Okay not really, but nobody's gonna get on your case for your appearance sliding. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Allure roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Off-Limits: No one wants to be known as the guy who messed with the sick kid! Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Conflict roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Pitiful: People just naturally feel sorry for you. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when people would feel sorry for you.
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls when people don't want to make you feel worse.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls to attract assistance from people who feel sorry for you.Unlimited/Luck
    • -2 on Physical/Conflict rolls, since you tend to freeze up when fists start flying.

Sick Person Privileges: It's easy to get people to lend a hand when you have a particularly nasty incident. Thrice per episode, you may take a -2 on your current roll, in exchange for taking +4 on your next roll.

Weak And Sickly: You do your best to get by without help, despite how your body is wracked by illness. Your strong roll bonuses increase by +1. You take -1 to Physical rolls, and -1 to Conflict rolls. This cannot be combined with any other power that improves your strong roll passively.

Spoiler: Imouto-Chan
    Show
    "Protagonist-kun is MY Onii-chan!"

All these older girls are muscling in on your Onii-chan! You may not be fully grown up yet, but you need to stake your claim now before it's too late!

Adorable: You're made of sugar, spice, and everything nice! Passive Power:
    • +2 Physical/Allure rolls when playing up how cute you are.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when avoiding consequences for your actions.
    • +2 Social/Luck rolls to attract assistance from people who think you're just too cute.
    • -2 on Mental/Skill rolls due to your relatively-limited education.

Annoying Little Sister: They'll never have what you have with Protagonist-kun. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Genki or Tsundere archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

Big Things Come In Small Packages: You may be smaller than your competitors, but that just means your awesomeness is more concentrated! Your strong roll bonuses increase by +1. You take -1 to Physical rolls, and -1 to Conflict rolls. This cannot be combined with any other power that improves your strong roll passively.

Existing Relationship: They'll never have what you have with Protagonist-kun. +1 on all rolls.

Pick On Someone Your Own Size!: Protect me, Protagonist-kun! Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Conflict roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Precocious: You're far more mature and intelligent than most people your age. Passive Power:
    • +2 Mental/Allure rolls to impress others with your intellect.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when seeking academic assistance.Unlimited/Luck
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving academic knowledge or pure intelligence.
    • -2 on Social/Conflict rolls, because it's so hard to take you seriously.

So Cute It Hurts: Who could be mean enough to wanna make someone as adorable as you cry? Twice per episode, you may make an Allure roll in place of a Conflict roll.

Temper Tantrum: When you lose control of your emotions, you make it everybody's problem. Twice per episode, all other girls participating in the current roll must roll twice and take the worse result.

Spoiler: Kuudere
    Show
    “Oh… nice to see you, Protagonist-kun.”

You have a cold, pragmatic exterior which only rarely lets your true, tender feelings shine through. Staying in control of your emotions and keeping a cool head may be a useful trait in dealing with your competitors, but you might just end up showing your true colors to your beloved protagonist…

Cold Front: Your frosty attitude tends to suck all the focus and attention away from everybody else, making it difficult for anybody to really stand out from the crowd. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 penalty on all Allure rolls (including your own).

Cut The Tension: Your cool demeanor defuses situations that arise around you, just as a matter of course. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 penalty on all Conflict rolls (including your own).

Deep Freeze: Retreating into your shell helps you concentrate and act ruthlessly, although it can be a bit off-putting. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Conflict and Skill rolls and -2 on Allure and Luck rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Thaw Out.

Detached: "Emotionally distant" is a phrase often used to describe you, for better or worse. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when looking apathetic or bored makes you look cooler.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls involving keeping your cool under pressure.
    • +2 on Social/Skill when being deceptive or manipulative.
    • -2 on Social/Luck rolls due to people tending to avoid your frosty presence.

Invictus: You don’t let fatigue or outside interference get in the way when the going gets tough. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Stoicism: You'll push through on pure persistence before you do things somebody else's way. Your strong roll bonuses increase by +1. You take -1 to Social rolls, and -1 to Allure rolls. This cannot be combined with any other power that improves your strong roll passively.

Thaw Out: Sometimes you just need to drop your cold exterior to make your true feelings known, even if it flusters you a bit. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Allure and Luck rolls and -2 on Conflict and Skill rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Deep Freeze.

Well-Rounded: You aren't as hyper-focused or as flawed as your competitors. You have no weak rolls. You may choose an additional strong roll of each type, and gain Unlimited as a strong roll. This counts as passively improving your strong rolls.

Spoiler: Ladette
    Show
    "Oi, Protagonist-kun! I've got 'alf a bottle of vodka wit' your name on it!"

The moral guardians may look down on you, but they're just a bunch of boring old suits. Binge drinking is fine as long as you only do it once a week, right?

Am I Bovvered?: No...is the answer...to that question. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Antisocial Behavior: Your lush reputation, dirty language, and violent tendencies reflect poorly on the people who spend time around you. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Social rolls (including your own).

Black Out: Sometimes your brain goes to sleep, and your body soldiers on. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Physical roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Delinquent: You're a thug, a drunkard, a shameless degenerate...and proud of it! Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls when picking a fight with somebody.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls when attempting to frighten or intimidate somebody.
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls to be somewhere you're not supposed to be (or not be somewhere you're supposed to be) at an opportune moment.
    • -2 on Mental/Skill rolls, due to being quite behind in your standard academic education.

Happy Drunk: When you really get going, you become the life of the party, even when there's no actual party going on. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Social and Allure rolls and -2 on Physical and Conflict rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Mean Drunk.

Mean Drunk: When you start really drinking, you tend to get bitter, and snippy, and crude, and violent. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Physical and Conflict rolls and -2 on Social and Allure rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Happy Drunk.

Never Sober: You're always on something, and usually more than a little bit of that something. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Dojikko or Sukeban archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

No Respect At All: Picking a fight is universally more entertaining than not picking a fight! +1 on Conflict rolls if non-Conflict was an option.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-03 at 07:40 PM.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Standard Part 2
    Show
    Spoiler: Martial Artist
    Show
    "HI-YAH! ... Y-your defense is pretty solid, Protagonist-kun."

You have a passionate dedication to traditional martial arts, whether that be karate, kendo, judo, or something else, and you may even be the next master in line of a family tradition. Training and discipline has always been a way of life for you, but you've found yourself having some distracting thoughts about a certain guy lately... It's time to make a move and lay your competition flat, but you'll make sure to respectfully bow first.

Dark Fury: Your emotions get the better of your more often than not. This makes you far less focused or aware than you should be, but lends a certain strength to your words, fists, and presence. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Allure and Conflict rolls and -2 on Luck and Skill rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Inner Peace.

Enlightenment: Bad luck and sloppy mistakes are for people less trained than yourself. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Flawless: You've identified your issues and used your newfound discipline to excise them from your life. You have no weak rolls, and gain Unlimited as a strong roll. You may choose an additional strong roll of each type. This counts as passively improving your strong rolls.

Inner Peace: You prefer not to resort to violence unless you absolutely have to, preferring to seek out more peaceful resolutions. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Luck and Skill rolls and -2 on Allure and Conflict rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Dark Fury.

Intensive Training: You've spent your life pushing your body to its limits, and the results speak for themselves. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when showing off your rockin' bod or your combat gear.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls due to both natural talent and the focus to hone your skills.Unlimited/Skill
    • -2 on Social/Conflict rolls due to a preference to not assert yourself over others.

Practiced Kata: Your tough training has refined your combat style into an art form, and the philosophy behind it is surprisingly applicable to your day-to-day life. Twice per episode, you may make a Skill roll in place of a Conflict roll.

Shifting Winds: Balance in all things is the key to a healthy life. Thrice per episode, you may reassign your strong/weak rolls for the rest of the episode.

Unorthodox Technique: Your training takes weird directions sometimes...and some of them come in handy when you least expect it. Thrice per episode, you may make a D5 Unlimited/Luck roll. If successful, you gain +4 on a current Conflict or Skill roll.

Spoiler: Meganekko
    Show
    “You’re quite fascinating, Protagonist-kun… my heart races whenever I study you.”

You have a quiet, glasses-girl appeal that’s matched only by your clever intellect. You may not be as loud or outgoing as the other girls vying for the protagonist, but you have a keen eye for observation and planning that will serve you well against them.

Contingency Plan: You always keep an extra option up your sleeve in case something randomly goes wrong with Plan A. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Foresight: When you’re able to correctly guess the results of your own actions, you can capitalize even on the worst of situations. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Luck rolls (including your own).

Genius Intellect: You can't help but show off your intellect when the opportunity arises. +3 on Opposed Mental checks.

Honor Student: Whether due to an astounding natural intellect, highly effective study habits, or an insane amount of hard work, you are at or near the top of your class in most subjects, and constantly pushing yourself to do better. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Allure rolls to appear attractive/impressive due to your intellect.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when another student is in need of academic assistance.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving academic knowledge, logic, or raw intellect.Unlimited/Skill
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls where you antisocial personality or reputation as a know-it-all/teacher's pet comes into play.

Just As Planned: You have a knack for elaborate scheming; whenever it looks like you're suffering a set-back, you're actually setting yourself up for a grand victory later. Thrice per episode, you may take a -2 on your current roll, in exchange for taking +4 on your next roll.

Living Encyclopedia: Your knowledge base is both wider and deeper than anybody might expect. +1 on Skill rolls if non-Skill was an option.

Mind Over Matter: You've always been more cerebral than your contemporaries. +1 on Mental rolls if non-Mental was an option.

Teamwork: Your assistance in a task usually guarantees victory. Thrice per episode, you may give +2 to another girl's roll. If she receives VP as a result of that roll, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received (rounded down).

Spoiler: Miko
    Show
    “Look at that fortune you drew, Protagonist-kun. Fantastic luck in love…”

You have a position as a shrine maiden or priestess for a local religion of some sort, and you have experience with telling fortunes and warding off evil spirits as part of your duties. With your paper talismans in hand, you’re ready to make sure your foretelling of excellent luck in love comes true for yourself!

Confidence: Whether your faith is well-placed or not, it gives you the confidence and determination needed to make your way through life. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls where your reputation as an ethical person can give you an advantage.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls involving flexing your moral authority.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving extended effort or hard work.
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls when your religious beliefs or ethical code prove more of a hindrance than a help.

Fortune Talisman: From a good luck charm to a holy symbol, you don't need violence and anger when calm stoicism will last you long enough to see karma work in your favor. Twice per episode, you may make a Luck roll in place of a Conflict roll.

Helping Hand: A good deed is its own reward. Thrice per episode, you may give +2 to another girl's roll. If she receives VP as a result of that roll, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received (rounded down).

Let Fate Take The Wheel: Most people find it difficult to surrender their choice and accept whatever destiny has in store for them, but you find it rather easy. +3 on Opposed Luck checks.

Misfortune Talisman: You foresee disaster in the near future. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Luck rolls (including your own).

Practiced Grace: You perform your traditional duties with unshakable elegance. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

The Way It's Meant To Be: Sometimes, you're just supposed to fail...and trying to fight that fate is as fruitful as trying to escape quicksand by jumping. Thrice per episode, all sources of penalties have their penalty increased by an additional -2. This extra penalty can stack with itself.

Volunteer Work: It's not been a proper job, exactly, but helping out in your religious community has given you practice in a great many things. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Luck checks when somebody needs an extra set of hands.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls relating to child care or housework (such as cooking, cleaning, basic repairs, and the like).Unlimited/Skill
    • +2 on Social/Allure checks when your helpful nature would reflect well on you.
    • -2 on Mental/Conflict checks due to being too used to just going along with what others need of you without argument.

Spoiler: Ojou
    Show
    “Ara~! You say the store was closed, Protagonist-kun? I suppose I’ll have to buy it out and reopen it.”

You have expensive tastes and a background in wealthy, high-class society. You have more money than is strictly reasonable, and you’re convinced that you have the sophisticated charm to win the one thing you desire that money can’t buy: the protagonist’s heart.

Classy Lady: You’re well educated and practiced in high culture. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when your high-class status gives you an inherent advantage.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when others need advice on high-class behavior.
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls when engaging in high-class behavior in some way.Unlimited/Skill
    • -2 on Physical/Conflict rolls because brawling and roughhousing is beneath you.

Dazzling Display: You can disorient the other girls by flashing them more riches than they’ll ever see again in their lives. Twice per episode, all other girls participating in the current roll must roll twice and take the worse result.

Exchange Of Favors: Money makes the world go round, but most people can't afford to make their dreams come true. You're more than willing to help them out in that regard...in exchange for a quick favor. Twice per episode, you may select a girl rolling in the same scene as you and grant them a +3; on the next scene in which the both of you participate, they take a -3 penalty and you gain a +3 to your own roll.

Extensive Wardrobe: oh no, your outfit is absolutely ruined! Good thing you've got a mall worth of backup outfits ready and waiting! Twice per episode, you may make a Luck roll in place of an Allure roll.

Graceful: You’re far too dignified to suffer embarrassing slip-ups and random mistakes. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Hired Muscle: You've got some tough-looking professionals in black suits trailing behind you, just itching for the chance to earn their (considerable) pay by pouncing on any thug who looks at you funny. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Conflict roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Popular: It's everything that really counts, and you're just frankly better at it than the rest. +3 on Opposed Social rolls.

School Queen: Your sense of style and daily arrival in a limousine makes you a goddess to the guys of the student body at large. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls to manipulate others.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls to assert your social dominance over others.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when you can request assistance from another student.
    • -2 on Physical/Conflict rolls, because why fight when you can get somebody else to fight for you?

Spoiler: Osananajimi
    Show
    “Protagonist-kun, you made a promise to me back when we were kids… that we’d get married when we grew up.”

You have a long history with the protagonist extending back to childhood. He might have forgotten his promise to you, but you haven’t. You’ve watched him from a distance nearly all your life, and now it’s time to make your move.

Bestie's Privilege: Getting picked on isn't too bad, because Protagonist-kun will stick up for you. Whenever you lose an Opposed Conflict roll or fail an Unopposed Conflict roll, you gain +4 on an Allure roll or a Luck roll later in the episode. You can stack charges of this, if possible.

Big Gamble: You worry that these new girls will steal the protagonist away from you if you don’t claim him quickly, so you’re willing to take all-or-nothing action. Any time you roll, you may choose to roll normally, or choose to make it a Big Gamble; if you make it a Big Gamble, 2s and 3s count as 1, while 4s and 5s count as 6.

Confidant: You'll always have Protagonist-kun's ear, and that gives you a way to undercut the competition. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Social rolls (including your own).

Friend In Need: When your friend needs help, fate and destiny are no match for your determination to succeed. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Luck roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Kid At Heart: Your relative immaturity can be grating at times, but sometimes it's just the right mix of childlike innocence and fun. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls where your honesty, naivete, or optimism could assist you.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when somebody is looking to hang out.Unlimited/Luck
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls involving stealth or mobility.
    • -2 on Mental/Allure rolls due to your relative immaturity being grating at times.

Nostalgia Trigger: Seeing you brings the protagonist back to his childhood and clears his mind of your competitors’ shameful charms. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Allure rolls (including your own).

Old Friends: You have less romantic distance to cover since you already know the protagonist well. +1 on all rolls.

Simpler Times: Life is hard on you sometimes, but that's just an opportunity to commiserate with Protagonist-kun over how much simpler life used to be, back when it was just the two of you against the world. Any time you fail an Unopposed Luck roll or Skill roll, you gain +2 on an Allure roll later in the episode. You may stack charges, if possible.

Spoiler: Otaku
    Show
    “Oh, Protagonist-kun… I love you even more than my limited-edition figure collection!”

You have a deep involvement in hobbies such as anime, manga, gaming, or cosplaying, but you’ve evidently been paying enough attention to the real world to fall in love with the protagonist. Some people might find your obsessive pastimes a little off-putting, but, if nothing else, you know you have the dedication to win his heart!

Alpha Geek: You're a real geek (for whatever that means). You live and breathe your fandoms. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when cosplaying or otherwise prominently displaying your geekdom.
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls to avoid caving in to somebody else.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls on topics relating to one of the fandoms you belong to.
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to how often you get overly excited about some form of media.

Creative Solution: You might not be capable of success the standard way, but you've got enough tricks up your sleeve to find some other path to victory. Twice per episode, you may take a -1 penalty to your current roll, in exchange for changing it to an unlimited roll of whatever class you desire.

Doujinshi Enthusiast: You’ve drawn a variety of questionable manga with characters that look suspiciously like the protagonist, which could raise some interesting questions if he stumbles upon that copy you dropped (or unsettle any competitors whose likenesses you happened to include). Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Luck roll. If successful, you gain +4 on a current Allure or Conflict check.

Genre Savvy: You’ve watched enough harem anime to know where this is going… you don’t just stumble into unexpectedly romantic situations, you plan them. Twice per episode, you may make a Skill roll in place of a Luck roll.

Moe Enthusiast: You believe in the conquering power of cuteness over all else! +1 on Allure rolls if non-Allure was an option.

Persistence In The Face Of Adversity: Your failures in the arena of social grace just push you to be even better when you're outside of your element. Any time you lose an Opposed Social roll or fail an unopposed Social roll, you gain +4 on an Allure roll or a Conflict roll later in the episode. You may stack charges, if possible.

Social Omega: You know full well you're unpopular, but you're not gonna change who you are to make others happy. Your strong roll bonuses increase by +1. You take -1 to Social rolls, and -1 to Allure rolls. This cannot be combined with any other power that improves your strong roll passively.

Unacceptable: You've gotten a bad impression of what counts as appropriate romantic behavior from movies and shows and comics. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Pervert or Yandere archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

W-Word Incarnate: Look it up in the dictionary, and you'll find your own face. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Chuunibyou or Pervert archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

Spoiler: Pervert
    Show
    “There’s nothing quite like a little harmless skinship, is there, Protagonist-kun~?”

You have a love of all things inappropriately touchy-feely in addition to a penchant for excited nosebleeds. You somehow ended up with the protagonist occupying the number one spot in your fantasies, so now it’s time to demonstrate your ‘bad touch’ to him and the other girls alike!

Carry My Books?: Why do it yourself when you can charm somebody into doing it for you? Twice per episode, you may make an Allure roll in place of a Skill roll.

Endless Innuendo: You've got a little comment to turn just about anything into sexual implications. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Skill roll. If successful, add +4 to a current Allure or Conflict roll.

Fan Service: It's a harem comedy, and you're the girl most willing to give the audience what they want. +1 to all rolls.

Feminine Wiles: You're fairly seductive when you want to be, to a degree that your competitors just can't keep up with. +3 on opposed Allure checks.

Lewd By Association: What does it say about your competitors, that they willingly hang out with such an unrepentant pervert? How scandalous! Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Social rolls (including your own).

Marshmallow Hell: It may be a bit too forward for this stage of the relationship, but shoving Protagonist-kun's head into your busom is a good way to distract him from the other girl's clumsy attempts at seduction. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Allure rolls (including your own).

Shameless: Your casual attitude towards erotic situations gives you the confidence to flaunt what you've got. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls when turning the fight a little kinky weirds people out.
    • +2 on Physical/Luck checks to stumble onto something lewd (whether intentionally or not).Unlimited/Luck
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your fascination with sex creeping people out a bit.

Weaponized Sexuality: You have no qualms on using your erotic knowledge, hot body, and confident sexuality to get what you want out of people. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when using your sexuality to seduce or manipulate someone.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls to assert your dominance over others.
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls to use your knowledge of other's desires to manipulate them.
    • -2 on Social/Luck rolls because people don't expect you to be helpful for much besides naughty stuff.

Spoiler: Proper Lady
    Show
    "Good evening, protagonist-kun. It is such a pleasure to see you."

You represent the platonic ideal of a high-class woman: gentle, refined, and confident. Your natural charm will surely draw the protagonist to you!

Classy Lady: You’re well educated and practiced in high culture. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when your high-class status gives you an inherent advantage.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when others need advice on high-class behavior.
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls when engaging in high-class behavior in some way.Unlimited/Skill
    • -2 on Physical/Conflict rolls because brawling and roughhousing is beneath you.

Charm And Grace: You're well trained in a wide variety of talents. +1 to all rolls.

Dazzling Display: You can disorient the other girls by flashing them with more riches than they’ll ever see again in their lives. Twice per episode, all other girls participating in the current roll must roll twice and take the worse result.

Fainting Fits: When harsh words and fists start flying, you get quite affronted and upset. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Conflict rolls (including your own).

High Society: No matter what indignities you suffer, your reputation remains immaculate. +1 on Social rolls if non-Social was an option.

Poised: Avoiding misfortune just requires a modicum of care and caution. Thrice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 4 and ignore any penalties you'd otherwise suffer.

Skewering Wit: Your mind and tongue are sharper than any knife. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls involving talking somebody into submission.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls on asserting your mental/verbal authority over others.
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls to manipulate others.
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your verbal venom leaving you with a caustic reputation.

Well-Rounded: You don't allow yourself to be as flawed as your competitors. You have no weak rolls. You may choose an additional strong roll of each type, and gain Unlimited as a strong roll. This counts as passively improving your strong rolls.

Spoiler: School Journalist
    Show
    “This just in - you and I are soulmates, Protagonist-kun! Read all about it!”

You’re an enthusiastic leader in your school’s newspaper club, and you have a real knack for scoring the interviews and scoops that will get the student body talking. You’ve lately found yourself constantly wanting to interview the protagonist at length about his feelings for you, so it’s time for a little investigative journalism!

Approaching Deadline: You've learned how to thrive under pressure. Thrice per episode, you may take +4 on your current roll in exchange for -2 on your next roll.

Failure Makes For Good Stories: Sure, you might fail hard now, but it'll make for a great story tomorrow, which is great for your career and reputation! And who knows, maybe you'll learn something from it. Thrice per episode, you may take a -2 on your current roll in exchange for taking +4 on your next roll.

Interrogation Technique: Sometimes you just gotta let your fists do the talking if you wanna get people cooperating with your investigation. Twice per episode, you may make a Conflict roll in place of a Skill roll.

I Know A Guy...: You've got a web of contacts that you can tap into for information and assistance, should it prove useful. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Allure roll. If successful, add +4 to a current Conflict or Skill roll.

Paparazzi: You're right there, ready to take advantage when the other girls are at their worst. +2 on any roll where at least one other girl is using either of her weak rolls. You cannot trigger this advantage by using your own weak roll.

Private Investigator: You're a proper snoop, a PI, an investigative journalist, and you've got the skills to pay the bills. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls when leveraging secrets and rumors to your advantage.
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls when snooping at an opportune moment/in an opportune location.Unlimited/Luck
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls relating to stealth and mobility.
    • -2 on Social/Skill rolls due to your slightly paranoid and overly-curious nature

Silver Tongue: You can talk your way into trouble, and then right back out. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when using your trustworthy reputation to manipulate others.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls when making arguments or debating.
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls when manipulating others to do as you want.
    • -2 on Physical/Conflict rolls, due to a lack of experience using fists instead of words to solve your problems.

Slander: Who cares if it's true, it's makes for great headlines! Ruins everybody's reputation, sure, but that's not your problem. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Social rolls (including your own).

Spoiler: Sensei-Chan
    Show
    “Why don’t you see me after class, Protagonist-kun~?”

You have a job as a teacher at the school, the demeanor of a high school girl, and a lingering fear that you’re going to be single all your life if you don’t find a man soon. Luckily for you, one of those students of yours is looking pretty handsome lately… It’s not entirely clear how you manage to do your job alongside your childish antics, but some of the girls apparently look up to you anyways.

Authority Figure: As a teacher, you have a position of authority over your students (even if sometimes you take actions that perhaps show you don't really deserve such a distinction), and they will respect that authority one way or another. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls to use your authority to shape the results of the scene.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls when somebody seeks somebody with actual authority.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving academic knowledge and teaching.
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your reputation as a tough teacher.

Career Academic: Some join this profession after working elsewhere for long enough that the desire to pass on their skills encompassed the joy of their work. Some, like you, simply never left academia at all. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Iinchou or Meganekko archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

Crack Down: Even though you'd prefer to be one of the nicer teachers, sometimes you've got to toughen up and show your students that you mean business. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Mental and Skill rolls and -2 on Social and Allure rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Get Wasted.

Desperation: You’d do anything to find a boyfriend at this point, no matter how recklessly open it leaves you to the other girls’ schemes. Any time you roll, you may choose to roll normally, or choose to make it a Desperation roll; if you make it a Desperation roll, 2s and 3s count as 1, while 4s and 5s count as 6.

Experienced Adult: Age and experience will outperform youth and passion every time. +1 on all rolls.

Get Wasted: You have a special place as the only girl of legal drinking age, and you often indulge in lowering your inhibitions at the expense of your coordination. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Social and Allure rolls and -2 on Mental and Skill rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Crack Down.

Physical Education: You also teach gym class! +1 on Physical rolls if non-Physical was an option.

Scolding: Although you might not be the best role model at times, you are still the girls’ teacher, and you can make them stop fighting in and out of class. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 penalty on all Conflict rolls (including your own).

Spoiler: Shrinking Violet
    Show
    “Eeek! Ah, d-don’t mind me, Protagonist-kun…”

You have a shy, withdrawn personality and an adorable timidity. You’re not the type to openly chase the protagonist down, but your vulnerable appeal may very well draw him to you instead.

Don't Hurt Me!: Karma pays people back when they try to make your life worse. Twice per episode, you may make a Luck roll in place of a Conflict roll.

Gather Your Courage: you can push yourself to be more assertive and outgoing, but it makes you retreat back into your shell once the moment of confidence leaves you. Thrice per episode, you gain +4 to your current roll, in exchange for a -2 on your next roll.

Give Me A Break: Usually it feels like the world just has it out for you. Sometimes that karma comes back around, though. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Luck roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

Like Kicking A Puppy: You're so cute and pitiful when you get hurt that it's hard for others to even try making things worse for you. Twice per episode, you may make an Allure roll in place of a Conflict roll.

Pitiful: You have a natural talent for evoking pity in others, even if you might not want it. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when people would feel sorry for you.
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls when people don't want to make you feel worse.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls to attract assistance from people who feel sorry for you.Unlimited/Luck
    • -2 on Physical/Conflict rolls, since you tend to freeze up when fists start flying.

Scaredy-Cat: You're afraid of basically everything; you've actually jumped at your own shadow before. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Allure rolls when frightened or scared.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls to overcome your fears temporarily.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving stealth or mobility.
    • -2 on Mental/Luck rolls due to getting constantly distracted by spikes of fear-induced adrenaline.

The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth: You aren't any good in a fight, but your pathetic display endears you to others. Twice per episode, you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 1 on a Conflict roll; you may (instead of rolling) take a natural 6 on a non-Conflict roll later in the episode.

Voice Of Reason: You're always the one calling for calm discussion over violence and nastiness, and your experience has granted you some powerful guilt-tripping skills. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Conflict rolls (including your own).

Spoiler: Sports Star
    Show
    “Yo, Protagonist-kun! You’ll be at my meet next weekend, right?”

You have talent and passion for a sport of some kind and an indomitable sense of dedication to practice and training. You’re almost always the victor at the end of your matches, but now that you’ve fallen in love with the protagonist, will you be able to emerge victorious in love as well?

Athletic: Your relentless training regimen gives you a leg up in all kinds of physical pursuits. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls due to both natural talent and the focus to hone your skills.Unlimited/Skill
    • -2 on Mental/Luck rolls when your exhaustive schedule leaves you unfocused and distracted.

Competitive Spirit: You push yourself harder when you have serious competition. +3 on Opposed Physical rolls.

Do Your Best: You believe in inspiring yourself and others to pursue their individual talents, whatever they might be. Thrice per episode, you may give +2 to another girl's roll. If she receives VP as a result of that roll, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received (rounded down).

Go The Distance: You refuse to quit just because of a single measly failure. In fact, your failures just bolster you to try harder than ever! Once per episode, you may take a modifier on any roll equal to the margin by which you failed your previous roll.

Living The Dream: When people think of what the most enjoyable school life must be, they point to you. +1 on all rolls.

School Hero: People tend to take you more seriously or heed your words more after a good showing, even if you lost. Thrice per episode, you may attempt a D5 Unlimited/Skill check. If successful, you gain +4 on a current Allure or Conflict roll.

Typical Jock: Your education hasn't been great, but you're in the best shape of your life and everybody loves you. Your strong roll bonuses increase by +1. You take -1 to Mental rolls, and -1 to Luck rolls. This cannot be combined with any other power that improves your strong roll passively.

Well-Rounded: A sound mind makes for a sound body; you've put a lot of work into overcoming your weaknesses, using your killer work ethic to become a far more capable person than you once were. You have no weak rolls. You may choose an additional strong roll of each type, and gain Unlimited as a strong roll. This counts as passively improving your strong rolls.

Spoiler: Sukeban
    Show
    “Tch. Leave me and Protagonist-kun alone, and maybe I’ll just break a couple of your bones.”

You have a fearsome reputation as a delinquent boss and a penchant for truancy and violence. Still, you’ve somehow found your wild heart captured by the protagonist, and you aren’t about to let a bunch of prim-and-proper goody two-shoes show you up when it comes to romance.

Aggravated Misery: You take great pleasure in making life miserable for the pathetic people that surround you in your day-to-day life. Thrice per episode, all sources of penalties have their penalty increased by an additional -2. This extra penalty can stack with itself.

Bully: You don't need to be good at things, when you can...persuade somebody to do the task for you. Twice per episode, you may make a Conflict roll in place of a Skill roll.

Delinquent: You're a thug, a degenerate, a wannabe gangster. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls when picking a fight with somebody.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls when attempting to frighten or intimidate somebody.
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls to be somewhere you're not supposed to be (or not be somewhere you're supposed to be) at an opportune moment.
    • -2 on Mental/Skill rolls, due to being quite behind in your standard academic education.

Gangster: Your gang has your back when times get tough. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Conflict roll. If successful, you gain +4 to a current Conflict roll or Skill roll.

Highly Intimidating: Your mere presence is frightening enough to distract others from what they're doing. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Mental rolls (including your own).

Large And In Charge: You command respect and fear and obedience among your little group. Upon selecting this power, select one power from either the Wingmate or Yande archetype; this power's mechanics shift to mimic the selected power's mechanics, and the selected power does not count as a quirk. You cannot mimic a power that you already possess.

Nothing You Can Do About It: Because I'm smart, you're dumb, I'm big, you're little, I'm right, you're wrong! And there's nothing you can do about it! Your strong roll bonuses increase by +1. You take -1 to Mental rolls, and -1 to Allure rolls. This cannot be combined with any other power that improves your strong roll passively.

Violence Is Always The Answer: Why bother with manipulation or complicated plots when you can just solve your problems with your fists? +1 on Conflict rolls if non-Conflict was an option.

Spoiler: Tech Whiz
    Show
    "Don't worry about that test, Protagonist-kun! I'll just hack the school mainframe and give you an A, no problem!"

Machines and coding are your domain. Sure, others might call you a geek, but you wear that label with pride! No one's better at dealing with the modern high-tech world than you, but you have a tendency to flounder when separated from your precious computer screen. But now comes the ultimate test of your skill: can you hack your way into Protagonist-kun's heart?

Bug In The System: You're pretty good at making tech go wrong...and with how connected everything is these days, it means things tend to go bad for everybody when you start sabotaging. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Luck rolls (including your own).

Calculated Odds: Your experience with automated systems has taught you not to believe in luck, but make it instead. Twice per episode, you may make a Skill roll in place of a Luck roll.

Genius Intellect: You can't help but show off your intellect when the opportunity arises. +3 on Opposed Mental checks.

Living Encyclopedia: Your knowledge base is deeper and wider than most anybody else your age. +1 on Skill rolls if non-Skill rolls are an option.

Improvised Solutions: You have a talent for throwing together just the invention you need to solve any problem at a moment's notice... Or in a pinch, an unorthodox weapon to defend yourself with. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Skill roll. If successful, gain +4 on a current Conflict or Skill roll.

Prototype Device: It'd held together by duct tape and wishful thinking, and sparking all over the place. You're not quite sure what will happen if you use it, but you definitely know what'll happen if you don't, so here goes! Twice per episode, you may roll a Luck check in place of a Skill check.

To The Internet!: With the power of Internet at your fingertips, you can know anything about anyone at anytime! Or at the very least, do a good bit of research to prepare you for later. Thrice per episode, you may take a -2 on your current roll, in exchange for taking +4 on your next roll.

Tech Expert: Your understanding of technology, programming, and engineering borders on supernatural levels of expertise. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Allure rolls when impressing others with your tech savvy knowledge.
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls when you employ technological assistance.
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving technology.Unlimited/Skill
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your better understanding of machines than people.

Spoiler: Tsundere
    Show
    “D-don’t get the wrong idea, Protagonist-kun! I’m not doing this because I l-like you or anything!”

You have a prickly personality which conceals a secret lovey-dovey core. You deny your love for the protagonist whenever the subject comes up, but your luminescent blushing gives away your true feelings.

Aggravated Misery: You have a particular knack for making bad situations go even worse, purely because of how your negative attitude can contaminate that of others. Thrice per episode, all sources of penalties have their penalty increased by an additional -2. This extra penalty can stack with itself.

Caustic Tirade: Romance is more than just flashing a guy and hoping for the best, and you make sure to voice your objections every time some scarlet woman tries to cheat their way into Protagonist-kun's heart. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Allure rolls (including your own).

Insistently Difficult: Acting hostile isn’t a mistake for you, it’s your strategy. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls involving talking somebody into submission.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls on asserting your mental/verbal authority over others.
    • +2 on Social/Skill rolls to manipulate others.
    • -2 on Social/Luck rolls due to people trying to avoid drawing your wrath.

Less is More: Just like the guiding principle of zettai ryouiki, the rarity of your tenderness makes it just as valuable as that of girls who always have it on display. Once per episode, instead of applying any other modifiers to a roll, you may use the highest modifier being applied to the same roll by another girl.

Personality Flip: Your usual standoffish attitude makes your tender moments all the more memorable. Thrice per episode, you may take a -2 on your current roll, in exchange for taking a +4 on your next roll.

Romantic At Heart: You can be a kind, caring person when you want to be. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Mental/Allure rolls when not hiding your more lovey-dovey feelings.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls when you do something nice for somebody else.
    • +2 on Mental/Luck rolls to avoid getting distracted by emotional extremes.
    • -2 on Social/Conflict rolls, since you're not gonna let argumentative people ruin this good mood.

Sharp Wit: Scathing sarcasm, witty retorts, cutting remarks, backhanded complements...you have many ways of leveraging your intelligence in day-to-day life. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Skill roll. If successful, you may add +4 to a current Allure or Conflict roll.

Talk It Out: Things go wrong all the time, it's only natural to let out some steam. Fortunately your loss of control tends to seem more endearing than aggravating. Twice per episode, you may make a Conflict roll in place of a Luck roll.

Spoiler: Wingmate
    Show
    "Protagonist-kun is at table 6, I already ordered his favourite meal for the two of you, here's that poem you wanted. Good luck."

You have a friend, sibling or would-be-paramour of your own who, somehow, always gets mixed up in your antics chasing after the protagonist. Your happiness is of tantamount importance to them and if being with the protagonist makes you happy, then they're more than willing to help.

Cover Me: Bad luck is for suckers who don't have a backup plan to make sure things go just right, or a buddy to do so on their behalf. Once per episode, you may treat a failed Unopposed Luck roll as a success for the purposes of VP.

High Praise: Your wingmate is quite skilled in building up people's confidence. Thrice per episode, you may give +2 to another girl's roll. If she receives VP as a result of that roll, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received (rounded down).

I Got Your Back: Having a friend to help you out means being able to attempt multiple solutions to your problems...usually, anyway. Thrice per episode, you may attempt two separate rolls in the current scene, taking a -1 penalty to both. If you succeed at both, you gain the benefits of both wins; if both rolls lead to the same conclusion, use the better of the two rolls.

Need A Quick Favor: Sometimes your friend comes through in the weirdest ways. Thrice per episode, you may make an extra D5 Unlimited/Luck roll. If successful, you gain +4 on a current Allure or Skill check.

Outnumbered: An extra set of hands and eyes is more helpful than most people realize. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your wingmate building up your reputation.
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls when your wingmate's got your back.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls when your wingmate having your back in a clash of wills.
    • -2 on Mental/Luck rolls, because a helpful friend can't help you concentrate or focus better.

Sabotage: Your wingmate makes sure that little things go wrong left and right for your competitors, giving you the advantage. Twice per episode, all other girls participating in the current roll must roll twice and take the worse result.

Take One For The Team: Your wingmate is willing to take the fall for you now, but it means they aren't able to help quite as much later. Thrice per episode, you may take +4 on your current roll in exchange for -2 on your next roll.

Two On One: Fighting is easier when you gang up on people! +2 Conflict if non-Conflict was an option.

Spoiler: Yandere
    Show
    “Protagonist-kun belongs to me… I’ll kill anyone who interferes!”

You have an unhealthy obsession with the protagonist and a disturbing lack of mercy for the other girls vying for his affection. You dream of nothing but being with him, and your empty-eyed stare might be the last thing your competitors ever see.

Aggravated Misery: You take particular pleasure in kicking your foes while they're down, exploiting their weaknesses and undercutting their strengths. Thrice per episode, all sources of penalties have their penalty increased by an additional -2. This extra penalty can stack with itself.

Crazy Dangerous: Crazy? It's not crazy to care so much about the love of your life! They're the crazy ones, claiming to be in love with your sempai but being unwilling to do whatever it takes to win their love's heart! Passive Power:
    • +2 on Physical/Conflict rolls involving weaponry.Unlimited/Conflict
    • +2 on Physical/Luck rolls to be stalking somebody at an opportune moment.
    • +2 on Physical/Skill rolls involving stealth or mobility.
    • -2 on Social/Allure rolls due to your violent reputation and creepy smile/laugh.

Insidious: Violence and mayhem is one way to eliminate the competition, but it can be messy...and offputting. No, you prefer a...subtler approach. Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Allure rolls to improve your social standing through manipulation.Unlimited/Allure
    • +2 on Mental/Conflict rolls to influence others with your words.
    • +2 on Social/Skill to play people against each other.
    • -2 on Social/Luck due to people avoiding getting anywhere near the drama tornado surrounding you.

Murderous Love: Your dangerously obsessive devotion is your charm. Twice per episode, you may make a Conflict roll in place of an Allure roll.

No Escape: Whether through purposeful sabotage or just a reputation that puts people off their game, your mere presence tends to make things go wrong. Thrice per episode, you may impose a -2 on all Luck rolls (including your own).

Sabotage With A Smile: When the others need help, you're right there to give it...that way you get to look helpful, and they still get to fail! Twice per episode, you may select a girl rolling in the same scene as you and grant them a +3; on the next scene in which the both of you participate, they take a -3 penalty and you gain a +3 to your own roll.

There Can Be Only One: When the competition gets messy, you start looking for places to hide the bodies. +3 on Opposed Conflict rolls.

Unstoppable: You won't let anything stand in your way to winning sempai's heart! Passive Power:
    • +2 on Social/Conflict rolls to cow others into submission.
    • +2 on Social/Luck rolls to force your assistance onto others.Unlimited/Luck
    • +2 on Mental/Skill rolls involving manipulation, knowledge, or cunning plans.
    • -2 on Mental/Luck rolls due to your singular focus causing you to lose track of/get distracted from other important factors in reality.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-04-03 at 07:38 PM.

My Homebrew