New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Five Gems (In-Character Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Let me have a look at that. Steel Wing says after finishing his sandwich, looking over at what used to be the alarms and seeing if he can't make a connection.

Spoiler
    Show

Arcana (if necessary)
    [roll0]
    History
    [roll1]

Wow. From now on i'm the Arcana guy.
    In addition to what Shield noticed, you identify the mountain as being one of the mountains that migrating dragons hang out around (you also get the coordinates). As for the brimstone place, you manage to identify that as Tartarus. Unfortunately, you have no idea where the entrance to Tartarus is.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post
    The gems actually have nothing to do with the crown; they're attributed to the thieves, not the crown, and their only relationship to the crown is as the keys to get the crown.

You know one of them as being a mountain, but you're not sure if it's a significant mountain; all you know is that it's not in the Canterlot range. The other you're not sure about, but you get a distinct impression of brimstone.
    *Adamant Shares this information*
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((ooc. I am starting to get tired of repeating what's already been said. From now on, this is how I will share little tidbits of information if their are no roleplaying opportunities in sharing.))
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #213

Yeah...okay. Bad news. He turns back to the group. One of the alarms seems to have gone off on pretty much the dragon equivalent of Las Pegasus. You know, up in the mountains? Popular dragon migration rest-stop? I can point it to you on a map. Also...uhh...how does everypony feel about marching into the jaws of Tartarus? I mean literally? Because one of the alarms went off in there, and I am willing to wager that is where one of the gems would be as well.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-07-18 at 12:58 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #214

Yeah...okay. Bad news. He turns back to the group. One of the alarms seems to have gone off on pretty much the dragon equivalent of Las Pegasus. You know, up in the mountains? Popular dragon migration rest-stop? I can point it to you on a map. Also...uhh...how does everypony feel about marching into the jaws of Tartarus? I mean literally? Because one of the alarms went off in there, and I am willing to wager that is where one of the gems would be as well.
    I vote the we Find the gem in Tartarus last, is every pony okay with that?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-07-18 at 01:03 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #215

I totally second that motion! The Pegasus* blurts out.

6. - Top - End - #216

Now,it seems to me that when we are done here, we should head to ponyville. It's about a days train ride from Canterlot, it's right next to the Everfree, which if I am not mistaken is the location of one of the Gems, and When Cerberus went missing a while back, he showed up there before being returned, so somepony there might have been the to return him. If that's the case, they would know the location of the entrance of Tartarus.

Assuming we get out of here alive, that is.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Tar-tar-tartaus!?" Compass Rose breaks from her seapony chanting just in time. This is way beyond the scope of projects Ancient Myth normally looks into. Is he biting off more than he can chew? "Are-are you sure about that?" Compass Rose stammers, "I mean, I don't doubt your insight, I just... I'd hate to get all the way down there and not find it! Ehh heh heh..." She says with the weakest forced smile ever. If these ponies think they are capable of exploring Tartarus, they have another thing coming. That's a job for Equestrian Armed Horses, or worse, a Princess.

8. - Top - End - #218

Myth huffs. "Makes sense to me. Hide a gem precisely in the place where no sane pony would go. Even those who are brave enough to go there may not escape. Best security system short of a celestial vault."
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.

9. - Top - End - #219

Let's...worry about that later. You know, save the best for last? Heh-heh. He nervously laughs. I mean i'm sure we can give some dragons the slip, unless one of them already found it and added it to their hoard...ugh.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-07-18 at 02:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

Let's...worry about that later. You know, save the best for last? Heh-heh. He nervously laughs. I mean i'm sure we can give some dragons the slip, unless one of them already found it and added it to their hoard...ugh.
    I just hope that we don't get all the way there just to learn that a dragon ate it.

So, should we work out a system for what order we go after the gems next? personally I think the Everfree Might be the best bet, seeing as how it's closest to this one. The Crystal empire would be my next target, but there may be some issues getting into the Empire Proper
    *Briefly looks to Sicale*So Dragon mountain may be easier, though definitely not safer. Seeing How the Only folks who know were Tartarus is are the Princesses, the who ever retrieved Cerberus, possibly the guards stationed in the area, and maybe certain Scholars, not to mention how dangerous it is guaranteed to be, we should probably do that one last.

By the Way, Does anypony Here Know who returned Cerberus to the Gates of Tartarus? it would be Easy if we knew, we could just track them down and ask, though we may have to bribe them, or mention them in the Autobiographical journals that we will probably all be wrighting after this adventure. (They would probavbly Sell like hotcakes)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #221

Myth snorts with disbelief. "As useful as it is for you to be thinking ahead, there's a door here that we've spent fifteen minutes not opening."

[This is not meant to hurry you guys along; this is just what Myth would say at this point.]
    IC thread

OOC thread

12. - Top - End - #222

Oh, yes of Course, we can talk on the way. *Trys to open door*

Spoiler
    Show
    If, their is a role necessary, I do not know which one

Brute forcing it open would probably be Athletics, right

well, if it's not open, we can try after word.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #223

Beyond the door is a library.

But calling it a mere library does not quite do this room justice. It is a vast archive, far bigger than it has any right to be, stocked with so many books, scrolls, letters, and tomes that it would be easy to believe that the whole world's knowledge is contained within.

Beyond that, more of those glowing sapphires line the walls, though they look less haphazard here than they did in the entry hall. The bookshelves are all painted various shades of blue, and the door across the room appears to have been painted with blue runes as well.
    IC thread

OOC thread

14. - Top - End - #224

I think, that once we have found the gem, that we should contact somepony from the Royal Library and have them send people to retrieve this stuff.

Even if half of it is Cookbooks and Ancient Playcolts it could still be worth a fortune.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-07-18 at 02:57 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I think, that once we have found the gem, that we should contact somepony from the Royal Library and have them send people to retrieve this stuff.

Even if half of it is Cookbooks and Ancient Playcolts it could still be worth a fortune.
    Myth is too busy standing outside the door drooling to respond.
    IC thread

OOC thread

16. - Top - End - #226

*Claps hooves infront of Ancients Face* We Need To focus, Sapphire Whats his name probably knew it would be the Scholarly Type who would find the Gems and put this massive library so close to the front to distract them. Also, thes books are centuries old, they would probably fall apart if you touched them, that's why I said to contact the Royal Library, or maybe a Museum, the have experts trained in retrieving and restoring priceless treasures like these.

Also, they might be booby trapped.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #227

Myth catches Shield's hoof with magic, then glares at him. "Don't. Your points make sense, but don't."

He then releases Shield's hoof.
    Last edited by Crimson Doom; 2013-07-18 at 03:08 PM.
    IC thread

OOC thread

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Dragons? I've Heard Of A Dragon Living In The Everfree As Well As Rumors That A Dragon Lived In Canterlot! Perhaps They Employed Dragons As The Guardians Of The Gemstones? If That Is The Case We Should Prepare Ourselves To Face A Dire Foe As We Advance Deeper Into These Caves!

A spark of interest shines in Iron Wing's eyes as he stares at the library. Perhaps We Can Find Clues Regarding The Other Gems In Here If All Else Fails!
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2013-07-18 at 03:14 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #229

All right then, I am going to take a look at that Door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    forgot about the no editing rule, roll in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Dragons? I've Heard Of A Dragon Living In The Everfree As Well As Rumors That A Dragon Lived In Canterlot! Perhaps They Employed Dragons As The Guardians Of The Gemstones? If That Is The Case We Should Prepare Ourselves To Face A Dire Foe As We Advance Deeper Into These Caves!
    As far As I know, the Dragon that lived in canterlot was a baby, and left a few years ago.

as for employing a dragon to guard a magical gemstone? That would be like letting a fox guard a hen house.

It is likely that The gem hidden in the Dragon mountains is in a dungeon like this one, and was placed there to keep folks who learned about it away.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-07-18 at 03:34 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground

The talk of dragons, Tartarus, hidden gems, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is all blow away when the door opens. "By Celestia's light..." is all Compass Rose is able to sputter as she, too, gets caught drooling like Ancient Myth in front of the massive library of centuries of secrets and lore. Everything in her compels her to take a dusty tome off the shelf and explore new worlds until Adamant Shield ruins the moment with "booby-trapped."

"Right... But..." Compass Rose investigates the sapphires on the walls, then the door frame above them, then the floor in front of her. If she spots nothing, she carefully steps towards the books. If she is able to make it safely towards the closest shelf, she takes a text and opens it slowly.

Perception Check - (1d20+5)[10]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

A Baby Really? Well That Baby Had To Come From Somewhere, And Unless Ponies Are In The Habit Of Adopting Orphaned Dragons It Likely Came From A Friendly Dragon In The Area! Also Dragons Make For A Fine Guardian Of Gems, They Do Not Feast On Every Gemstone They Encounter Or Else Their Famed Hordes Could Not Exist! Plus They'll Never Willingly Part With One Of Their Gems!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #232

As Rose observes the sapphires, she notices that the sapphires seem a little less haphazard than in the previous room, more ordered...

...and as Shield enters the room, the sapphires all start glowing more brightly, and a translucent blue male unicorn appears floating in the middle of the library, wearing glasses and a stereotypical wizard's hat (complete with moon and stars).

"Ah, it's been awhile!" he says, stretching out and ignoring everypony else for the moment. "What's the year now? ...mmm, seems like about four centuries after I was last activated. Give or take a few decades." He frowns thoughtfully. "I think it was that bozo obsessed with Sea Pony lore. Thought for sure this was where he'd find the location of Atlantis. Idjit." He looks at the group with a gleam in his eye. "Hopefully you'll be smarter than him, hmm?"

Myth stares. And stares. And stares a little more.
    IC thread

OOC thread

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Almost Certainly! But Before We Get Started Perhaps We Should Introduce Ourselves?

Spoiler
    Show
    Can Iron Wing recognize him?

History (1d20+12)[16]
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #234

...Hello, I am Adamant Shield. You are presumably a sentient recording of the personality and memories of the Unicorn who constructed this location.

Or you're a ghost, but I doubt that's likely, because then the walls would be bleeding and you would be telling us to "Get...Out!"

So, are you a guardian meant to warn us not to venture forward in search of treasure, do to the terrible danger of traps and monsters that lay beyond this room?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Almost Certainly! But Before We Get Started Perhaps We Should Introduce Ourselves?

Spoiler
    Show
    Can Iron Wing recognize him?

History [roll0]
    "Sapphire Secrets, wizard extraordinaire, grandson to Clover the Clever, at your service!" he says, sweeping off his hat in a grandiose manner, thus rendering any History rolls unnecessary. "And you?"

"...that's impossi... nope, didn't say it, doesn't count," Myth mutters to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...Hello, I am Adamant Shield. You are presumably a sentient recording of the personality and memories of the Unicorn who constructed this location.

Or you're a ghost, but I doubt that's likely, because then the walls would be bleeding and you would be telling us to "Get...Out!"

So, are you a guardian meant to warn us not to venture forward in search of treasure, do to the terrible danger of traps and monsters that lay beyond this room?
    "What? Oh, goodness no. I'm here to test you and see if you're worthy to claim the gem!" laughs the unicorn. "Clever lad, though, figured me out, first guess. I like that." He pauses. "Dunno what all that nonsense about the ghost was, though."
    Last edited by Crimson Doom; 2013-07-18 at 05:37 PM.
    IC thread

OOC thread

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Elixir follows the others in and marvels at the size of the place.

"Woah... imagine what you could find in here."

When the apparition appears before the group, Elixir barely bats an eyelid.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Secrets. When you say "test", I assume you don't mean a written exam. Is it a riddle? I like riddles. Or maybe some kind of puzzle?"
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

I Am Iron Wing! I'm Glad To Take Any Test You Shall Put Forth Sapphire Secrets!
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #238

Test Away!

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #239

In the meantime Steel Wing was flying along the higher shelves in the humongous library, browsing over book covers. One can only speculate how much value the culminated knowledge these books contain. This alone would be enough to make them all rich and famous.

He notices the personality imprint, and turns to face it. Oh hey. I'm Steel Wing. Kind of. Just a quick question before we begin the test, your door has a rune that summons sandwiches. Do you have another rune somewhere that summons chocolate?

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    When the apparition appears before the group, Elixir barely bats an eyelid.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Secrets. When you say "test", I assume you don't mean a written exam. Is it a riddle? I like riddles. Or maybe some kind of puzzle?"
    Secrets smiles enigmatically. "Let's just say it's a multipart test. We'll start with some trivia. If you can tell me what the proper name for a unicorn's horn is, I'll let you move on to the next room and the next test."

He notices the personality imprint, and turns to face it. Oh hey. I'm Steel Wing. Kind of. Just a quick question before we begin the test, your door has a rune that summons sandwiches. Do you have another rune somewhere that summons chocolate?
    The unicorn scratches his head, looking a bit embarrassed. "I'm not too familiar with chocolate. It's a relatively recent invention. Only reason I know what it is is because that last bozo had some in his pockets."
    IC thread

OOC thread