New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder w/3.5, Dragon Mech) Rise of the Runelords IC

Standing beside Skant was a hulking beast, wreathed in shadows and fire. A mane of flames rolled down its back, its eyes burning with hatred, and a fiery maw of teeth that glowed like hot metal. The very traces of wings born of shadows outlined its shoulders, fading in and out of sight. Its tail was like a cat of ninetails, writhing and swaying through the air back and forth. It heaves its black greatsword onto its shoulders, lightly tapping against one of its two curved horns, and gently pawing at the faintly glowing whip at its side. It was Skants eidolon, and it was ready for blood.

Glancing over to Skant, the two exchanged several mental messages in the blink of an eye, and provoked the Eidolon to action. Charging, it released a mighty roar as it gripped its greatsword with two hands "I WILL DASH YOUR CORPSES AGAINST THE ROCKS OF DEATH ITSELF!" It screamed. As it moved, Skant spoke an enchantment and bathed the Eidolon in further power. Already hulking over the thin and frail Summoner, the Eidolon began to grow in size, and roared all the mightier for it. Greatsword in hand he attempted to decapitate the first Goblin it could.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's just a special summoned creature, so it would go at the same time as me, right? It is for almost all intents and purposes a summoned creature, unless stated otherwise for certain effects, and it never contradicts the creature turn order either.

Anyway, Skant casts Enlarge Person on the Eidolon. Mental communication is a free action, and the Eidolon charges G5 (Taking a 5 foot step around Thoughtflare if need be).

To Hit:(1d20+6)[8]
    Damage:(3d6+5)[11]

Crit Confirm:(1d20+6)[18]
    Damage:(3d6+5)[12]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Skant's friend was fearsome in its appearance but luckily for the goblins; its aim, was off.

The goblins aren't really into this fight anymore with their commander dead so they flee.

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, it goes on your turn.
    You can take am AoO on G5 while he flees if you want. Otherwise, battle over.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...sTlg4ZlE#gid=0

The Cowering man gets up, brushes himself off, and waves. "How can I thank you all for saving my life. I am the noble Aldern Foxglove. Especially, you, (looking at Grom) the way you killed that riding goblin was so amazing. You are quite the warrior.
    I'll be at the Rusty Dragon Inn for a few days. Please come see me soon when you get the chance so I can properly thank you with a reward."
    Aldern said before walking away toward the inn.

The battle in the city seems finally over. The few surviving goblins flee in droves. Some even dive off the cliffs off Junker's edge rather than risk capture. While several of the munchkins were caught nothing was offered up much use. They were ordered to burn the town, their leader was using them as distraction to search the graveyard, but the one thing of note: their leader "was one of you longshanks" was interesting.

As Sandpoint recovers from the attack and buries its (few thankfully) dead, citizens try to get on with their lives. The cathedral is consecrated the next day during a much more subdued and indoor ceremony, but by the end of the week, the goblin attack is remembered mostly with chuckles.
    Now that the terror is over, the memories of the goblins accidently lightning themselves on fire, getting stepped on by horses, or drowning in rain barrels that were half fully render the raid memories in a more comical note.
    But one thing not forgotten by the locals is their new heroes.

Where will your group take a rest?
    The Rusty Dragon offers you two days worth of free rooms. The White Deer offers free drink for two days. And the Hagfish offers free food for two days.

Spoiler
    Show

XP: 541 XP each for all those battles
    Gear: If you looted the commander you get a masterwork small Horsechopper and a masterwork small shortbow. And a small spattering of coins equaling up to 2 silver.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Still angered by his failed attempt at disemboweling the Goblin, the Eidolon tries again. Looking over the others, Skant begins to stroke his chin before finally going over to the Goblin Commander and looting his body.

Spoiler
    Show

To Hit:(1d20+6)[16]
    Damage:(3d6+5)[17]

Crit:(1d20+6)[9]
    Damage:(3d6+5)[18]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Grom nods and lets the Mage do his looting, even though it was totally his kill.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I believe the Goblins have dispersed, I have no need of a real place to sleep, or any 'real' food so I leave our lodgings up to you."
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have plenty of money for food and drink, but storage for Cassiel," He pauses, jerking a thumb to his Eidolon "The big scary thing, will be harder. I say we go to The Rusty Dragon. Collect our reward, stay close to a potential client, and pull what strings we can from a noble."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Aerrin looks surprised when the rest of allies in the fight invite him along.
    Looking at the puffed up noble, he doesn't bow but looks the man in the eye as if an equal.
    "Mr. Foxglove, it would seem we will be seeing you there and I, for one, and I'm sure some of the rest of us, will be taking you up on your offer." With that he brusquely turns and makes his way with the others to the Rusty Dragon, although he is unsure of such a mercenary outlook from his new elven looking companion.
    "I don't know about the rest of you, but I could use something to fill the hole in my belly right about now. Being on the coast, I hope somewhere around here has a good fish dish. Last few town I was in was nothing but beef and mutton, which is ok but not every day for months. I remember this one time I was down in Korvosa..." as he spins a yarn that the others realize must but a handed down story or joke as he is referring to people a hundred years dead, some known for their sagacity but that Aerrin refers to as 'foolish youngsters'.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Silas turned off the fuel pump and hung up the wand with a sigh of relief. His weapon training had been meager at best before starting out. His thought had always been that the mech would be his weapon of choice if his goal of wiping out the lunar dragons would ever come to fruition. Not that he would ever forget; looking at that gaudy metal arm would always be reminder enough.

"Fish would actually be a fine change of pace for me. Real food rather than the 'mystery meat' the caulborn would cook up back home. I need somewhere to work if I want this thing to work like it should anyway", Silas muttered to nobody in particular.
    Proud beta-tester for Pirates vs. Ninjas

Contributions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have enough templates in your life? Let's Read the Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition!(Abandoned)

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In the employer/BBEG's mansion.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Grom watches the proceedings silently as he cleans off his blade. He doesn't care much where he stays or what he'll be eating, and from his face that's probably obvious.

10. - Top - End - #100

"Then it is decided let us go to the Rusty Dragon" Thoughtflare begins to walk through the alleys toward the Rusty Dragon, in it's brain a series of ideas and notions streak through it's processor. His brain looking something like this.

Thoughtflare's thoughts
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Darkness fell upon Sandpoint, and the lights of the town began to illuminate the streets. The group meets in front of the Rusty Dragon's swivel doors. They had decided to take the Rusty Dragon on its offer and get free rooms. Though Thoughtflare was insistent that he didn't sleep; he relented that he needed a place to stay he guessed.

They entered the Dragon to the sounds of singing and dancing. There they noticed some tavern people dancing to the strums of an instrument and the voice of an Ameiko Kaijitsu, the proprietor of the Rusty Dragon.

When Amieko noticed the PCs enter, she smiled, "Welcome, Heroes. I prepared a room for each of you upstairs, normally a gold piece a day, but for you nothing for two days. If you continue after that I'm sure you can afford it. Please enjoy yourselves, come see me for your keys when you get tired or want to see your rooms."

Aldern waved the party over to his table. He had two armored goons standing beside him likely for protection.
    "Over here, my heroes". He yelled over the din of the music.

12. - Top - End - #102

Walking over to Aldern, Thoughtflare wondered what the guards were for, why would this man need them, and why weren't those two with him in the streets.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Aerrin bows to Miss Amieko "Hoping my brothers in arms don't mind me speaking for them... Well, even if the did, young miss, I wouldn't mind them, but it was our pleasure.". Seeing Aldern waving them down, he shakes his head in irritation then bows to Amieko again. " I am sure we will speak again, lass." with that he moves with the others to Aldern's table.
    "How be you this fine evening, young lordling?" he says with an obvious look of disdain at the bodyguards.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Amieko curtseys back to Aerrin, "Ah, a gentlemen, even the nobles rarely remember their manners to bow."

The two warriors are rather portly, but the muscles on their arms can be seen through the unarmored parts of their breastplate. They have a big axe on their back and dagger hilt sticking out of their boots.
    "Now gentlemen, I'm sure you are wondering why the guards. I had them before the attack, but in my foolishness I let them go have fun thinking nothing would happen at the festival. But I was fortunate that you arrived when you did. Those monsters were likely to have been the end of me."
    Aldern said causally.

"They are twins Ford and Nord, big strong lugs, not the brightest but tough and durable. They begged to play at the fair so I relented. But enough of my helpers. You came for my promise of reward?
    Aldern said with a smile.

15. - Top - End - #105

"Yes I believe you said something about a reward."
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Aerrin smiles smugly at the two large men gone to seed. As he walks past them to shakes hands with Aldern, he slaps one in the gut lightly as he whispers loudly enough for anyone nearby to hear "Lets suck'em in, boys."

Nodding in agreement with Thoughflare, Aerrin follows up with "Yes, but I hope we speak of the same types of reward. Some speak of the knowledge of a job well done as it's own reward. Others see it as bag of gold coins, ready for the taking. Which do you speak of?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, ah, you know I don't agree that job well done is its own reward. A reward that can be held is better. Now I'm from Magnimar, lovely town might I add, not that Sandpoint isn't nice, but it is no Magnimar. Here," he hefts a large bag on the table. "50 gold pieces as thanks for saving me. Please stop by my home if you ever visit the town. I'm planning on going on a Boar hunt tomorrow evening in the Tickwood woods, I'd love if you would accompany me. Meet me here at the tavern if you do I'll be waiting.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Aerrin smiles back at the unctuous noble.

"I have never hunted boars before. Is that a past time around here? I would imagine a boar spear would be in order?" with that he cackles at some memory from the dim past. "I, for one, would like to accompany you, if nothing else, to see your skills."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Silas stoically stared at Aldern. "My future ventures shall require a significant overhead, so I would be more than willing to accompany you with your hunt, once this goblin weapon has been repaired for the purpose of good."

Contributions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have enough templates in your life? Let's Read the Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition!(Abandoned)

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

(Sorry again for the wait)

Sounds good; be here tomorrow night and we shall have the hunt of our lives. Or at least a good one. Haha.
    Aldern said. "Please enjoy the gold, however you wish. Sit and drink with me or not. Tonight I party."

Suddenly in runs in haste a grim looking Sheriff Hemlock. He tops his hat at Amieko Kaijitsu before moving toward the group. He gestures them to move a little aways from Aldern Foxhole first before whispering,"Look, I am glad you were there protecting the festival grounds while I helped the other parts od the town. My men are still scouring the town for hiding goblins so I am alone. But I'm not happy about vigilante justice, so since I might need help on a task I'm temporarily deputizing you all. "
    He waits a bit to guage your reaction before telling you the details (next post).

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Grom raises an eyebrow and says simply, "Very well."
    Who was he to question the place's law? Well, question it for no reason, at least.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Skant raises both of his eyebrows in surprise, slowly resting them down as he strokes his chin and says "Deputy? Excellent. I needed something to wave away Cassiel's appearance to the common folk anyway." He pauses, drumming his fingers against the table as he thought "I'm guessing we won't be getting payed?"
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"What kind of task, sheriff? I take it, since your regulars are busy with the riff raff, this is a rakshasa of a different stripe?" he says, his interest piqued.
    Turning back towards Aldern he says "It looks like our celebration with you may have to wait for another day. Depending on what the sheriff has for us, I plan on meeting you in the morning for the hunt. I don't suppose you can bring an extra boar-spear for me? I didn't bring one on my travels."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, Aldern understands you busy people. But don't be late tomorrow evening around 5. We hunt before dark but not too early, I need me beauty sleep." With the two guards move back beside the noble as he starts feasting again.

The Sheriff whispers "Pay? Fine, 10 gold each minimum per task I require. I'll increase the amount depending on how much danger the task turns out to be. I'm not a wealthy man and I'm hoping there shouldn't be too many side jobs I need you to perform anyways.
    But on to the task at hand. There seems to be a disturbance at the Sandpoint Boneyard, the local cemetery. Naffer Vosk the groundskeeper will guide us when we get there. Follow me please"

With that he walks toward the Boneyards.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

"Fair enough." He says with a smirk and a shrug, picking himself up from his seat, and following in line behind The Sheriff.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Nodding the Aldern, he Aerrin proceeds to follow the sheriff out the door, pausing to bid Amieko a good night and her generous offer of a room.
    "Hopefully, whatever yon sheriff has planned for us won't keep me from collecting this. A warm bed after so many nights on the road is a welcome comfort." With that, he sketches her a bow and walks out the door.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Grom nods to Aldern and follows the rest silently.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Hefting the flame nozzle over his shoulder, Silas followed at the rear of the procession.

Contributions
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

You soon all arrive at the gates to the Boneyard. Naeffer Vosk (a Vareisian human male) hobbles over, his right leg limping holding a torch with one hand.
    "I noticed that the door to the tomb for the village priests is ajar. Father Ezekayl Tobyn, who took me in, is interred within, and the thoughts of someone disturbing his remains is horrible to me. Please come along quickly."

"Don't worry none, these 'heroes' helped save the town so if anything is still they I expect you all can deal with it."
    As they walked to the tomb the Sherrif asks the group who are his temporary deputees before they came to town.
    While the group pondered their answer you can see that the ground around the tomb is torn up.
    Perception check: DC 13
    Spoiler
    Show

You can tell that six goblins and one medium humanoid climbed the wall then approached the vault.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

As Aerrin walks forward, his eagle eyes catch some tracks. Squatting on his haunches, he looks at the tracks.
    "I'm glad you think so highly of us, sherrif. I hope we don't disappoint. In the meantime, it looks like a handful of goblins and another, larger human-sized creatured scaled that wall" he points to the wall where the tracks begin "and enter the vault there. I don't see anything that tells me they left, so my best guess is that they are still in there." Standing, cracking his back like an old man, he straightens and pulls his bow and loosely knocks an arrow.
    "Who's ready to find out if they are still in yon vault?"