New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [PTA] Nostalgia Quest IC

Antonio nods before he reaches into the bag. Looking over to Kori as he does so he says, "Go ahead and get Birch out of here! I'll get the other two!: Covering his mouth again and shouldering the bag, Antonio does to best to move over where he believes Tony and Alexandra are. As he does he pulls out a pokeball as he says, "Well, here goes. Come on out!"

Pressing the button on the pokeball and in a flash of light comes out an poliwag. It blinks in confusion at the unfamiliar surroundings and looks at Antonio. "I know you're confused, but there are people here we have to help. Can you help me please?" The small pokemon gives a strong nod and follows him to his destination.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-07-23 at 10:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

It takes the little Poliwag a moment to recognize its surroundings, and another to realize that those surroundings are on fire. It immediately begins to spray streams of water in an effort to fight the flames. However, it's only just one small Pokémon, and its having difficulty quenching the flame.

Birch gives the Poliwag a thumbs up while limping towards the doorway. "Atta girl, Polly! Keep it up! Hey kid, there's more water Pokémon in that bag you're holding, and she'll need all the help she can get. Then get your butt out to safety!"
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Antonio nods before he brings out the other three pokeballs and hitting the buttons to release the pokemon inside. "Come on everyone, I need your help!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Alex looked over the Poke'balls, trying to decipher which one was which, but to no avail. Without knowing how to decipher the numbers she knew she could just as easily be sending out a friend who was extremely vulnerable to fire, versus someone who was both resistant and could help. Erring on the side of safety, the lass chose to keep them all safely inside.

"You take the aide." Without even thinking of the consequences, she grabbed the crate and lifted up and out. "I got these. Let's get out of here while we can!"

5. - Top - End - #35

Toby coughed from the smoke, nodding as he answered the girl. "Go ahead; I'm right behind ya!" Stooping down to help the injured aide stand, the young man grunted as he tried to lift the aide over his shoulder to follow the girl with the pokeballs out of the inferno.

Strength Check 3: Return of the Ace Trainer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check to Lift the Aide - (1d20+3)[9]

Staggering under the aide's unexpected weight, Toby limped after the girl, at times lifting and dragging his burden as best he could out of the still burning lab. Unfortunately, his progress was worryingly slow; the young man was beginning to feel the effects of heat exhaustion and smoke inhalation.
    Last edited by Thug; 2013-07-24 at 11:10 PM.
    Let each man exercise the art he knows. - Aristophanes, Wasps, 422 B.C.

6. - Top - End - #36

The three Pokéballs release some assistants for the Poliwag. One of them you recognize as a Wingull, and it quickly follows its friend by flying around and taking care of rogue flames, its flapping wings billowing smoke towards the holes in the ceiling. The two others, both red crustaceans of different species, scuttle around and douse the area. Their combined efforts clear a path for the professor to the entrance, but much of the lab is still engulfed in flame.

Luckily for Toby, the aide is thin and light as a feather, quite possibly due to his bookish nature. He manages, with some difficulty, to pull him to safety.

Once outside of the lab, any flames that have sprouted on your clothing are snuffed. [You are no longer Burned.] The released Pokémon scuttle out of the building, working on the fire from the (relative) safety of the outside perimeter. Birch immediately hobbles to the unconscious aide. "Peter! Are you alive? Speak to me, man!"

Off in the distance, you see the flashing lights of two fire engines and an ambulance. They should be arriving shortly.
    There's gonna be two hits bro! Me hitting you, and the second instance of me hitting you.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

After safely getting the professor out she yells Professor, who else was in there when the explosion happened, and where are the other two kids that ran in?

She walks to the edge of the burning building, shielding her eyes from the brightest of the flames, and looks for any sign of life that needs assistance.
    Last edited by balian arcanine; 2013-07-24 at 11:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Toby lay on his back next to the aide he rescued, breathing heavily and enjoying the taste of air that didn't sear his lungs going in and cause him to cough and wheeze going out. As he lay in the grass, he felt more than heard the Professor run over as he called out to the aide (who was named Peter, apparently).

Sitting up, the slightly refreshed young man spat on the nearby ground to clear his throat. "I tried to get us both out before the fire did much, Professor, but it was rough going. I'm sorry-" here he coughed, spitting to clear his throat again "I'm sorry we couldn't do more to help save the lab."
    Last edited by Thug; 2013-07-24 at 11:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Antonio comes out of the building about the same time as Alexandra and Toby having stayed behind somewhat to direct the pokemon and make sure they got out alright. Once everyone is out he looks at the grouped pokemon as he says, "Good job guys. Great teamwork. See if you can keep the flames down till the fire department arrives."

Coughing from the little smoke he did inhale Antonio walks over to the other kids that helped perform the rescue. He pats down his cloths which have burn marks on them and are warped in some places."Well that was close. Are you guys okay?"

10. - Top - End - #40

Toby looks up at the other young man who was involved in the rescue, recognizing him as the one who let out the Water pokemon. "I feel like an overcooked hamburger, but I think I'll be fine."Having said that, Toby reached out his hand to the young man from his position on the ground, a tired grin spreading across his face. "The name's Toby. Toby Brown. Nice to meet ya!"
    Last edited by Thug; 2013-07-24 at 11:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Polly waddles over and sprays Peter with a splash of cool water. He sputters awake with a gasp. "Blu-buh-wah? P-professor? What happened?"

Birch sighs in relief. "Don't worry, Pete. Helps on the way." He turns to Kori. "It was just me and Peter in today. Amy, my other assistant, called in sick, thank goodness. We were getting the Pokémon ready for the starting trainers - and that'll be you kids, I presume - when these two thugs waltz in with their motorcycles and start to take Pokéballs off the shelf. Naturally, we protested, but their guns in our faces was enough to quiet us. There wasn't anything we could do! They just stood there and poured them into a duffel bag. I'm sorry to say that they took the gifts we were prepared to give you. Then, one checked his watched, shouted at the other guy, and they bolted out of there like Zubats out of hell! I presume you know what happened next."

He paused for a moment and tapped his chin with his index finger. "You know, the funny thing is, I didn't see them plant any bombs..."

Before he can finish his thought, the response team arrives. Birch briefly thanks you all, and punches Alex lightly on the arm. "Hey, take care of Polly, Peeko, Prince, and Pincer for me while I deal with the authorities." He walks off to speak with one of the firemen. A large blue Pokémon shoots water from twin cannons mounted underneath the shell on its back, quickly dowsing the flames. A Pelipper alights from the second truck and circle the building, pouring large buckets of water from its gullet and uses its wings to guide the smoke into a swirling grey cyclone.

Suddenly, Peter grabs Alex. "Alex, I'm so glad you're alright! But those Pokémon...who knows what those creeps will do with them! Please, you have to save them!" He then faints. You notice that his limp arm is pointing toward a pair of motorcycle tracks leaving the lab. His other hand unfolds, revealing a key ring. The facility's golf cart is parked a few yards away, unfazed by the destruction of the neighboring building.

[Job well done, folks. Feel free to wait for the medics to patch you up while you chit-chat. Also, you've all gained a trainer level for your heroic deeds!]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

After not seeing anyone else who needs help, Kori turns back towards the group.

No longer in an action situation, but now with new faces making her feel awkward and shy she replies Um, hi. My name is Kori Wythers. I uh... I guess it was a good thing we showed up in time wasn't it?

While speaking her face doesn't settle on one person and her arms gradually creep up and fold tightly across her chest.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Antonio reaches his down to grasp Toby's and helps him to stand before shaking it. "Nice to meet you too. Names Antonio Gatsby. Thanks for the help with everything. Really would have been hosed if it was just me."

He smiles at Toby before looking over to Kori. He gives her a smile as well before holding out his hand to shake. "Nice to meet you to Kori. My name is Antonio Gatsby. Thanks for all of your help. Still you got some real strength there, that's pretty cool!"

Antonio is momentarily broken from introductions when Peter comes up and begs of them to rescue the pokemon. Antonio's face turns serious before he nods to the aid. Though after he agreed he sweat dropped as he remembered that they probably were not licensed to drive.

14. - Top - End - #44

Toby's grin grew wider as Antonio helped him stand. "Couldn't let everybody else have all the fun of running into a burning building and being all heroic!"

The soon to be trainer turned towards the girls as they wandered over. Toby's enthusiasm didn't fade despite Kori's reticence. With a hand on his hip, the energetic youngster pointed his thumb at himself as he introduced himself to the girl. "Darn right it's a good thing! Glad to meet ya, Kori; I'm Toby Brown!"

Turning towards the other girl, Toby spoke to her while extending his hand in a thumbs up gesture. "Unless I heard wrong, your name is Alex, right? Thanks for the help in there; if you ever need anything, just ask and I'll see what I can do!"

Toby's own face darkened at Peter the Aide's imploring tone; the tale of what had transpired in the lab was a grim one. However, upon seeing the Golf Cart the aide pointed out, the young man's face lit up. "I call shotgun!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Alex moved along side Toby, never straying more than a step or two away. The only time she'd break away was when they were out and the official help had arrived. It was then and only then that she'd let the crate of Poke'balls out of her hands and lay it before Birch. A moment of happiness and relief washed over the lass and was about to give Peter a giant hug seeing that he was still cognizant. However the moment was short lived when he collapsed before her with worry quickly painting itself across her face. "Make sure he gets help fast, alright Professor?

"No, thank you Toby for being there. I don't know what I would have done by myself...

"Alexandria. Alexandria Rivington III. But please, don't feel obligated to use my full name."
    She addressed to her new group of companions with an exasperated sigh while grabbing the key ring. "I kinda wish we all met under better circumstances. But," Alex cast a sidelong glance to the tire tracks. "Time is ticking..."
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2013-07-25 at 12:29 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Antonio's sweat drop intensifies as he nervously says, "Uhh, guys? Is anyone here legally allowed to drive? i really would hate for the Jenny in Oldale town to bring us in. Especially since my dad is her superior. Plus unless the Prof is gonna lend us some pokemon those guys do have guns."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Kori feels herself warm some to the friendly youth her age, and at the sign of further adventure she finally brightens enough to smile and shake any offered hands.

Eyeing the golf cart she hints I'm game for whatever works, lets just figure out a way to go after them.
    Last edited by balian arcanine; 2013-07-25 at 12:40 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

The medics come by and bandage you all up, spraying something on your burns that stings at first, but then immediately begins to soothe your pain. Peter is carted away on a stretcher. One of the EMTs carrying him assures Birch he'll be fine. As he's lifted up, the keys fall out of his hand into the grass.

Birch walks over and addresses the group. "Today you all did something incredibly stupid. But I wouldn't be standing here if you hadn't, and for that I'm eternally grateful. Truth be told, I've done a lot of stupid things in my lifetime, and that lab would never have been built in the first place had it not been for those risky decisions. That being said, I know how eager you are to track down those thugs. Listen to me very closely...I ABSOLUTELY FORBID IT!" He emphasizes this point with a waggling finger over each of the kid's heads. "This is a matter for the authorities now, the professionals, and I'm sure they'll resolve it soon enough. In the meantime, I have a lot of paperwork to do, and Peter won't be of any help any time soon. So, I'll have you watch over these Pokémon for me." He points to the bag Antonio is still carrying, and stoops to grab the ones out of the crate. He grunts at one of the balls, mutters something under his breath, and pockets it, replacing it with one from another pocket. He then hands the crate back to Alex. "I know its not the same as the starters you were promised, but until the police have reclaimed those stolen Pokémon, you can work with these." He begins to walk back to the officials, then abruptly turns around and points at the rag-tag bunch. "And remember - I ABSOLUTELY FORBID IT!" After his solemn warning is repeated, he returns along his path.

[Feel free to call dibs, gamble, roshambo, whatever you like to decide who will be partnering with which mon for now.]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Antonio looks down at the bag opens it before taking out all four pokeballs. His eyes roam over all of them as he also looks at the pokemon inside the crate. He taps his chin for a moment before looking at the rest of the group. "If no one minds is it okay if I pick first?" If the group didn't mind he would pick up the pokeballs containing Crophish and Starly. With a small smile on his face he pressed the buttons to the pokeballs and brings the pokemon inside out.

As the light fades from their forms Antonio bends down on one knee as he says, "Hey there, my name is Antonio and I guess I'm going to be looking after you guys for a while. I know I'm probably not as good as Professor Birch but I'll take care of you as best I can. So lets do our best together Prince and...huh. I don't think Birch ever gave you a name. You mind if I give you one? How about...Huntress! Sounds good doesn't it."

Prince nodded eagerly as Antonio reached down and shook it's pincer. Huntress sized him up before ruffling her feathers as if to say 'acceptable' as she flies from her place on the ground to Antonio's shoulder and perched there with poise and dignity. Antonio gave a smile to his pokemon before he got hit with a squirt of water from Prince's mouth. Antonio made a face at Prince, now dripping wet, as he says, "How long have you been holding that water in your mouth? Did you just wait until you could hit someone with it?" Antonio's only response was a laugh from Prince and Huntress covering her face with one of her wings in exasperation.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-07-26 at 06:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

'We get to pick two of these' Kori thinks to herself, 'Im gonna get the strongest ones, or well, at least ones that look really strong.'

She takes a quick peak at each group of pokeballs and selects the Krabby and the Pidove. She takes a step away and turns from the others, releasing the pokemon.

Once released the two stand in front of Kori waiting expectantly while she debates what to say, finally coming to life with My name is Kori, it looks like we are going to be a team for a while. Your name is Pincer right? Ok. And you, how about...Dayne? You like it? Ok cool. We are gonna do great together. As she finishes speaking, Kori bends down and pets each pokemon trying to gain a sense of friendship and trust.

The Krabby and Pidove responds in turn with happy acceptant sounds and wiggle contentedly at the petting.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Alexandria took a moment to take a look at her Pokeballs. She hadn't, until just now, been able to get a close look at the things. It fascinated her greatly."Peeko." First the already named Wingull, it would be stored safely upon the belt of her dress--that until recently had been nothing more than a piece of decoration that visually separated her top from the skirt portion, while resting upon her hips--then the Taillow. They were notoriously proud and a courageous creature, and as such, deserved a prideful name; "Valor." Unlike Peeko, however, it would be let out and allowed to stretch its wings, eventually coming to rest upon her shoulder.

"Think you can help us?" Asked Alex with an inquisitive glance to the bird on her shoulder with a nod off to the shiny objects laying on the ground. It replied with a flutter of its wings and a more than joyous cry of its name. Without waiting a moment longer it took off, snatching the keys from the ground and returning back to its human perch. She took the ring of steel from its beak, and rewarded it with a scritch upon Valor's head."Good to hear!
    "I'm not too keen on staying to wait around and do nothing. How about the rest of you, coming?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Antonio looks at Alexandra, after wiping down his face, and nods. "If you can drive that thing, then okay. I really don't want those pokemon to have to be in the hands of people like that for any longer than they have to be." Antonio clenched his hands in anger at the thought. He looked up with a determined look on his face.

He nodded at Alexandra as he said, "You lead the way Alexandra. I'll back you up no sweat."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Upon hearing her new acquaintances gearing up to follow the thugs, Kori says to her pokemon Alright, looks like our firt adventure might be right now, back in your balls for the moment. I'll get you back out soon enough.

With the pokemon back in their balls, Kori stands and turns back to the others replying I'm ready to go. You don't have to ask me twice. With another adventure in the works Kori's nervousness towards the others has been momentarily overcome, she stands with her arms crossed in a rather relaxed confident manner.

24. - Top - End - #54

Toby reached into the bag, withdrawing two pokeballs; holding one in each hand, the enthusiastic and newly minted trainer released his two new companions. "Come on out, fellas!"

The first to come out was the Poliwag which helped combat the blaze earlier. Seeing its new trainer, the water pokemon's tail wagged excitedly as it waddled over to greet him. The second to be released was a Pidgey, which fluttered in the air for a few seconds before settling down on the grass and gazing placidly at Toby.

Grinning from ear to ear, Toby stooped down to eye-level with his pokemon. "Nice to meet ya! I'm Toby, and we're gonna do great things!" The Poliwag again reacted excitedly, while the Pidgey cooed in delight. Heartened by their response, Toby continued. "Now, if I'm not mistaken, your name is... Polly?" At the mention of her name, Polly the Poliwag nodded enthusiastically, her tail waving erratically.

Turning towards the Pidgey, Toby reached out to scratch its head; calmly cooing, the flying pokemon's eyes closed halfway, though they still looked Toby in the eyes. "Gee, you're sure calm... That's it! I'll call you Gee! How do you like that?" Gee, for his part, cooed his pleasure, though whether it stemmed from having a name or the scratching could not be determined.

Standing up, Toby took the pokeballs of his new companions off of his belt clip. "We'll talk more later, guys, but for now, we need to get going in a hurry. See you soon!" With a flash of red light, Polly & Gee were returned to their pokeballs, which were themselves returned to Toby's belt clip.

Turning towards the others, Toby nodded his agreement at Alexandria's plan. "Those thugs weren't just joyriding; they nearly killed Professor Birch and that aide, they burned down the lab and who knows what they'll do with those pokemon if we don't find them. I'm definitely in!"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Very eager to get going, Kori replies Great, lets get going.

She looks toward the center making sure that Professor isn't watching, then walks to the golf cart and sits down in the back seat behind the driver with a Come on slow pokes.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"Glad to hear it!" In very short order the young girl's eyes turned wildly dangerous and full of energy. "Valor, take to the skies, follow and keep an eye out for us." Without another word the little Taillow took off in flight, soaring circles around the encampment while waiting for the humans to take off in the cart.

Alexandria, meanwhile, bolted to the driver's seat and jammed the key into the ignition. Without waiting a single single second she breathed life into the machine. "Well, what are we waiting for then?" Hers was a voice of barely restrained giggles of excitement, and with a foot that hovered just inches above the accelerator she could barely wait to start on an semi-official journey.

Her foot would only connect the moment the rest of her troupe had found a seat within the vehicle.

27. - Top - End - #57

"I already called shotgun!" said Toby as he enthusiastically climbed aboard the Golf Cart and plopped down in the passenger seat. Reaching for his belt clip again, Toby grabbed Gee's pokeball and released the Pidgey into the air. "Help Valor look out for us, Gee! Your keen eyes should do the trick!"

Cooing softly, Gee flapped his wings and took to the sky, flying closely behind Alexandria's Taillow.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Antonio pointed his two pokeballs to his pokemon to return them. He hopped into the back seat next to Kori as Toby took shotgun. He gives a genial smile to Kori, before a massive grin spreads over his face and he looks forward. Giving an enthusiatic fist-pump he says, "Punch it!" before buckling his seatbeat.