New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (Dark Heresy) His Holy Ordo - Purge the Unclean

Urijah accepts the blow without trying to move out of the way. He laughs off the shock of the slap, "As you wish. If mademoiselle does not want to play, I shall not play with her. But please, respect the face, it is my best feature. Now about exploring this ship, perhaps we can find someone who can inform us more about our destination, or where we may find some "protection".

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how you want this to be done. If we travel together we can make an assisted roll. I suppose it would be search to find vendors on the ship and Inquiry to find out information about our destination? Does that sound good Viper?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

As you are talking the background rumble of the ship's engines, which has accompanied you since you left the lander, suddenly cuts out, leaving an eerie silence. Moments later there is a klaxon followed by a flat mechanical voice over the vox "All stations secure for warp jump in one minuet. Repeat, all stations secure for warp jump."

There is a sudden bustle from the crew you can see, securing their final cargo to the deck and sealing the bulkheads for the transition. One of the crew nearby notices the acolytes standing around. "Ya' better hold on to somethin'. Ol' Bronze Bottom don't make the smoothest o' jumps."

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, for background you are in a crew bay, which has some cargo in it, but is primarily it's a barracks for extra crew and passengers (of which you appear to be the only ones, with bunks bolted to the floor and wall arranged at regular intervals with screens between each two person bunk. There seems to be one large lockable trunk at the bottom of the bunk. Yours appear to be against the bulkhead of the bay on the starboard (right) side of the ship.
    Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-07-25 at 07:02 PM.
    Are you a 40k fan but a bit fuzzy on the background lore?
    Then visit my YouTube channel Vaults of Terra for the a weekly lowdown on everything 40k,
    from Space Marine armour to warp travel. New topics posted weekly.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Raltus smiles at thew crewman "Thank you my son, we shall do so straight away" he pulls on his helmet and fastens the chin strap before walking to the nearest bunk, sitting on the bottom bunk he reaches up and holds onto the edge of the top bunk to brace himself. All the while smiling in the quiet content manner he seems to always maintain.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Not a word was heard from T'ohei during the ride up, his attentions instead focused on the others. It had always been a part of his training to keep his mouth shut and his ears opened, and though this mission for the inquisition was different from what he was used to doing in many respects the old rules still held. His eyes darted about the cabin, rattling about in his skull almost in an odd show of solidarity with the groaning lighter. This wasn't the first time he'd experience such an exit, it was fairly routine in his line of work. In fact, the ride was quite relaxing truth be told and much smoother than some he had experienced before. It was over quickly however.

A quick walk later, T'ohei was inspecting the crew bay bunks, nodding to himself. I've seen worse. He glanced around as the other acolytes began checking their gear, an eyebrow raising at the sight. Odd time to be checking things like that, you think they would have secured everything before they left the planet. For his part the steel-sword had done the same earlier that day, he tended to make a point not to walk outside without his gear in order, what little their was. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to give it another check after they made warp. He busied himself strapping himself into a bunk, claiming a bottom one in a corner near the door where he could watch the room.

There was plenty to watch as the witch slapped Urijah, though T'ohei missed the remark that caused the exchange. The steel-sword grimaced. He let her touch him, touched, by a witch! It would be a while before the feral worlder came to grips with his new colleague, if ever. Interactions with the Touched were just not something approved by the wider Imperium, and his homes, both of them, had been no exception. He looked at the psyker and felt little other than hatred and revulsion, just like he had been taught by every missionary or cleric he had met before. He sighed, the prospect of spending this voyage in this room, with a psyker of all people, causing a shiver to run down his spine. The things he was willing to do for the Emperor. It's but a shadow of what I should be willing to do, for the debt we all owe. For he who saved us from the wave and the storm and the serpent.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus watches the interaction with amusement. When the announcement comes he's brought back to his war days. Warp jumps were never the smoothest. He grabs a bunk and secures himself. "Better hold onto to something to keep your dignity."
    Last edited by Kaynebot; 2013-07-26 at 01:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Elena sits down next to T'ohei and silently crosses her legs to prepare her mental defenses against the warp.

Spoiler
    Show
    And, she's messing with him. Since he's already said something to the effect of "I don't like psykers" I assume I don't need to make a check.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

The countdown continued as you all braced yourselves, finally terminating in +...three, two, one, translation in progress. Glory to the Emperor.+

There is as sudden shrike as the warp engines come online, and a violent lurch as the ship passes into the warp

GM instruction:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please take an agility test or be knocked to the ground. All those who braced get +30 to their roll and can re-roll in case of failure.
    Then visit my YouTube channel Vaults of Terra for the a weekly lowdown on everything 40k,

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

The jolt tosses Elena around a bit as she didn't brace her body, only her mind against the warp.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[93] vs 26

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Ernio gripped himself by some-kind of bar trying to stay stable as the ship flew in the warp.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[35] vs 33+30(unless i needed to post a few days back that i braced in which case i guess there's no +30).
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-07-28 at 12:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus tried to steady himself sitting on the bunk as the warp engines came to life causing a lurch. "Woohoo!" Titus yells as he jostled around.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ag: 27+30 (1d100)[98]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbiter View Post
    Ernio gripped himself by some-kind of bar trying to stay stable as the ship flew in the warp.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0] vs 33+30(unless i needed to post a few days back that i braced in which case i guess there's no +30).
    You need to post you braced, so you don't get the plus 30

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As the massive vessel translated to the warp with a violent shriek, T'ohei gave thanks that he had possessed the foresight to follow directions and strap himself into a bunk. While many of the others were bounced about during the rough translation the steel-sword not only managed to maintain some semblance of dignity but seemed to make it through the initial lurching unscathed. Still, he wasn't above muttering a soft prayer to the emperor as the walls around him shrieked and groaned from the stress, making an odd chorus to his guttural feral mutterings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Agility: 39+30 for strapping himself in (1d100)[27]
    Last edited by Uthragar; 2013-07-28 at 03:20 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Agility 31+30 (1d100)[83] At work now will add fluff later

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Urijah tries his best to keep his footing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agility 39 (1d100)[91]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Elena, Ernio, Titus, Raltus and Urijah are all thrown to the deck, bouncing but not striking any of the bunks, the wind being knocked out of you as you fall

Spoiler
    Show
    All take one point of fatigue

Only T'ohei manages to hold on, grasping the bunk tightly and not really moving anywhere.

As you all pick yourselves up the group of voidsmen at the other end of the bay guffaw in your direction as they un-brace and exit via another hatchway. They step aside to let another figure pass into the bay that turns out to be Sebek, the purser you met earlier.

"Ah, it is good to see you all here. I apologise for the violent transition, It is merely the way of the Brazen Sky's engine spirits." He looks you all over. "Well, these are to be your quarters whilst you are aboard, however I have been tasked to guide you whilst you are aboard and answer any questions you may have."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Elena, a bit winded, asks, "Do you have any protective gear spare lying around?" She gestures at the meager protection her vest provides her, "I could really use something better."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus picks himself up a little surprised, he can't remember the last time in his guard days that a warp jump has been that violent. "What kind of vessel you running here?! You trying to kill everyone before we get to the destination?!" Titus demands trying to cover up his embarrassment at being thrown around.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sebek smiles widely at Elena "Well, we don't have anything jut lying about," His eyes flick around the bay quickly, "At least not for free..." he leaves the sentence hanging.

His response to Titus is no less polite, "We did warn you." He said pointing to the now silent vox-unit. "True, the Sky does buck a bit when we translate, but our engineseers tell me it's because the Geller field was designed for a far larger ship, so the engines must attenuate realspace more to allow for a transition, whatever that means." He says with a good natured shrug. "Anyway, that shouldn't happen again until we leave the sea of souls, so you have plenty of time to recover."
    Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-07-29 at 06:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Once the last of the shaking subsided T'ohei unstrapped himself from his chosen bunk, nimble fingers dancing across the ties he had made moments before. He looked about the room and couldn't help but chuckle aloud as the others began righting themselves. Guess they should have followed directions, hopefully this little incident will get them in the habit of following good advice, next time a stupid mistake like this could get them killed...and me alongside. The sobering thought turned his laughing a bit sour, the sound becoming a bit forced before trailing off and being drowned by Titus' angered demand.

Not that T'ohei was going to stand by in the face of such talk. "Don't be ungrateful, by the Emperor's grace and the fortitude of this vessel's spirit we made the transition safely." The steel-sword turned towards Sebek. "You mentioned being assigned to guide us and answer our questions, do you know how long the trip tends to take?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Indeed. Our Navigator says this leg of the route to Iocanthos will take us about three days, the warp tides are with us this time, but you never know what problems may arise." Sebek syas.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Titus, now standing, dusts himself off and folds his arms in an annoyed stance. "Yea what problems may arise or what this oh so holy machine spirit decides we are better off..." he trails off making a knife with hand and 'cutting' his throat. He says this more mockingly than anything.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

T'ohei nods and pulls a flask from the webbing under his furs, taking a swig of the low-grade intoxicant to slake his thirst and calm his nerves a bit. "Three days? That's not bad at all." He holds out the flask towards their guide. "Not sure of the traditions on this boat, but my own people tended to make it a habit to drink together before a voyage." He shrugs. "It's an old idea, but since I expect we might be talking your ear off before this trip is done, would only be right to offer you a drink." A low chuckle escapes the assassin's lips and he eventually stows the flask away again, whether Sebek takes a drink or not. T'ohei looks askance at Titus, shaking his head gently in exasperation. Besides, just talking with my fellows on this trip might get a bit old at this rate.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Elena asks, "Well, what do have that needs paying for? Emperor know us Psykers don't get paid much, but I should be able to afford a few thing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fellowship test (1d100)[58] vs. 30

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sebek declines T'ohei's offer, "I am sorry, but I am on duty and the captain would be far from pleased." He then looks at Elena, "It wold depend on the item requested and if I can procure such an item for you." There seems to be a lot of unsubtle hinting in what the grinning purser seems to be saying.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Ernio grimaces as he managed to find his balance again this was not very fun, either way he remained silent. But his face said it all... or at least his grin showed that he expected the worst from the Psyker, at the moment he was taking a mental bet on if she would take a swing and hang the man by his entrails or swing at his genitals.

Still he remained silent with a slight smile on his face showing his amusement on the current turn of events oh boy this trip is gonna be fun, and boring at the same time.

26. - Top - End - #56

SwashbucklerGuy

Raltus stands and straightnes his robes over his flak jacket. His easy smile was onyl replaced for a second as he hit the deck and now assumed it's place again. He approaches Sebek "It is good that you keep a clear head whilst on duty. Most commendable my son. But surely you can see that our lady companion is in desperate need of armour. And we go to do the Emperor's work no less, manifold dangers may await us. Perhaps you can see through to procuring us some simple equipment? At a fair price, our favour and the Emperor's would both be won" he pats Sebek on the shoulder in a friendly way

Spoiler
    Show
    Fellowship to try and get a good price/agreement for equipment (1d100)[7] vs 39

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Urijah nods respectfully at the voidmaster, Thank you for currying us on this most important of voyages. I should assume that you are not personally in the business of trading arms and armor? Is there perchance a merchant or two you would be inclined to introduce us to? I believe our master, if you know who he is, would be quite... appreciative.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sebek smiles widely at the Raltus, bowing slightly and making the sing of the Aquila with his hands. "Of course father, I am happy to serve those who preach His holy word. There are some among my associates who can get you items you need. Our selection is not broad, but it is plentiful."

Spoiler
    Show
    Let me know what you are looking for up to Average quality and i'll tell you if your Purser can get it for you.
    Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-08-01 at 02:13 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Elena smiles and asks, "Do you have some Heavy Leathers? I've known people who swear by them as a cheap, yet effective, armor?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fel test, for posterity
    (1d100)[51] vs 30

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sebek smiles warmly at Elena's request "Of course, I believe I can find something like that for you. I can go now and find something like that for you now, unless you friends have other requests. Once I have it I can then discuss a price."