New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Return of V?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Return of V?

Anyone else wonder why V has been kept away form everyone. When she saved them that one time, I was pretty sure she would be back, but Rich has kept her weeping in the cellar and then put her "up there".
    -SandboxPenguin

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Return of V?

Quote Originally Posted by SandboxPenguin View Post
    Anyone else wonder why V has been kept away form everyone. When she saved them that one time, I was pretty sure she would be back, but Rich has kept her weeping in the cellar and then put her "up there".
    Deep breaths, Zim, deep breaths, don't go down this road...

Okay.

She's being kept away from the rest of the Order because the IFCC wants her kept away from the Order. Why do they want that? We don't know. They might have any number of reasons, and we're about as likely to arrive at the true one or one of the true ones by guessing as by analysis.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Possibly they believe that the OOTS will,be destroyed without her?
    -SandboxPenguin

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by SandboxPenguin View Post
    Possibly they believe that the OOTS will,be destroyed without her?
    If they wanted rid of the Order for good, they could have removed V for good by giving Z accurate coordinates for the Demiplane of Torture. Timing seems to matter here. As for why V hasn't returned, I'm quite convinced at this point that she's been set up to be separated from the OOTS for most of the next arc, which will fit the existing pattern of "Gate Book followed by non-Gate book" and not wrap things up completely. The Order will probably try to scrounge up some replacement spellcasters if they have any semblance of time in which to do so. Doubt there'll be any permanent replacements, but V's out for the long haul (which apart from my liking the elf still seems like a horrible mistake IMO because it deprives us of V's intraparty character interaction, which has been consistently excellent, but that's neither here nor there).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by TRH View Post
    If they wanted rid of the Order for good, they could have removed V for good by giving Z accurate coordinates for the Demiplane of Torture. Timing seems to matter here. As for why V hasn't returned, I'm quite convinced at this point that she's been set up to be separated from the OOTS for most of the next arc, which will fit the existing pattern of "Gate Book followed by non-Gate book" and not wrap things up completely. The Order will probably try to scrounge up some replacement spellcasters if they have any semblance of time in which to do so. Doubt there'll be any permanent replacements, but V's out for the long haul (which apart from my liking the elf still seems like a horrible mistake IMO because it deprives us of V's intraparty character interaction, which has been consistently excellent, but that's neither here nor there).
    But V was already separated, and the last time that happened, she committed genocide! Omagawsh, what if she DOES get separated again and ends up committing CONTINENTCIDE and takes out Tarquin!

Actually though, I'm assuming that V was separated and held because the OotS probably would be having a much easier time killing the elemental if she was there to help. Had V been there and seen by Team Evil, I think the Order might've been obliterated right there.

R.I.P Zz'dtri. You'll always be the best the LG ever had in my opinion. 'Tis a shame you weren't defeated by V in an epic battle of wizards.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TRH View Post
    IAs for why V hasn't returned, I'm quite convinced at this point that she's been set up to be separated from the OOTS for most of the next arc, which will fit the existing pattern of "Gate Book followed by non-Gate book" and not wrap things up completely.
    What does being a "Gate book" matter? V was already separated from Roy for most of this book, and has been separated from the whole Order - on the Semi-Elemental Plane of Ranch Dressing and in Girard's Pyramid - for almost all the time since they've left Bleedingham.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2013-07-28 at 10:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    What does being a "Gate book" matter? V was already separated from Roy for most of this book, and has been separated from the whole Order - on the Semi-Elemental Plane of Ranch Dressing and in Girard's Pyramid - for almost all the time since they've left Bleedingham.
    The one doesn't have anything in particular to do with the other; it's just another feature I expect of the next book.