New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brotherhood WW

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Brotherhood WW

Brotherhood WW

It was just another cold, sleepy evening for most of the Teutons. As they stumbled back to their hovels from the public house, many stopped to chuckle at the Brotherhood's local chapter house. It had been so long since the last wolf sighting, that many now believed they were just fairy tales from a different age. Little did they know, for just beyond the outskirts of this small village, there was a new pack, coming for their prey...

Hello Playground, this is my first time narrating, so I'd like to start out by thanking you all in advance for your patience with my inexperience.

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a game of Werewolf, using mostly normal rules which can be found in WW Central.
    PMs and private Qts are okay, but CC me in all game-related communication between players, please.
    There is no majority needed for a lynch, the player with the most votes at the end of the day phase will be lynched. If a tie results, the first person to reach the tied number will be lynched.
    Days will last 48 hours, Nights will last 48 hours. Updates will normally take place between 10-10:30 PST.
    Discussing the game in thread during the night phase is disallowed. Jokes, RP, etc is okay to post, but no "Just in-case I get killed tonight, here's my reads on X, Y, Z," etc, etc.
    Players who do not vote in the day phase for three consecutive days will be autolynched at the end of the third consecutive day. Just so people are aware of what to expect from me, I will NOT PM warnings. I will, however, include a list of people who have missed day phases with each day update.
    The Rasmus rule of Scry Interference is in effect: Accurate scry roles (Seer, Devil) will get a random result when interfered, inaccurate roles (Fool) will get an accurate result.
    RPing is encouraged, and will be mechanically rewarded on occasion. No sharing of any official Narrator QTs or PMs.
    As I mentioned, this is my first game as narrator, and in order to keep some roles secret I did not fully discuss all roles in WW Central. Balance may not be perfect. I intend to run more games in the future, so at the end of the game I heartily encourage any constructive criticism you may wish to give me. This is not an Alpha pick game, roles are assigned randomly. And finally, the most important rule of all: This is just a game, act accordingly.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Village
    Show

Teutons (Villager): Just your average villager, their only strength is their vote for the lynch

Knights of the Brotherhood (Masons): Once a prestigious order tasked with protecting the town, the order has now fallen into disarray from lack of village support, as there has not been a wolf attack for several centuries. They start the game knowing each other, and each night period, they decide whom they should protect. The individual they choose will be protected from night kills. After two of the knights are slain or lynched, their numbers will not be great enough to continue to bane.This bane is carless,meaning the knights can not target themselves.

The Black Knight (Vigilante): A former knight of the order, this knight has been banished long ago for their radical actions. Because the knight was banished so long ago, they do not start knowing the current members of the order; similarly, the order has fallen into such disarray that they have lost their record books, and do not know the identity of this former knight. Every night, The Black Knight may choose and slay a target, unless chosen target is baned. This action has a night cooldown, so at most The Black Knight may use this action every other night. If The Black Knight slays a member of the Brotherhood, they will be so wracked with guilt that they will give up the sword and become a regular Teuton.

The Sage (Seer): The sage is an individual proficient in science, astrology, and black magic. Each night, the sage may scry a chosen target and divine their true nature, learning their role.

The Sage's Apprentice (Fool): The sage's apprentice believes themselves to be just as proficient and knowledgable as their master. Each night, they may scry a chosen target, but their results are never reliable.

Town wins when all wolves are lynched or slain.

Spoiler: Wolves
    Show

Wolf: Malevolent spirits taking the form of wolves. Each night, they choose a target in the town to slay.

Baphomet (Devil): A particularly powerful spirit, each night Baphomet looks into the heart of a chosen target and divines their true nature, learning their role. Baphomet and the Wolves do not start in contact with one another, but if Baphomet targets a wolf with its scry, or if the wolves target Baphomet for their night kill, the two are instead connected.

The Shadow (Beast): A crazed spirit gripped with eternal berserkergang, if The Shadow is slain or lynched, it will consume one of the non-wolf roles which took part in the killing.

Alpha Wolf (Alpha): The leader of the pack, the Alpha Wolf has hunted men for so long that they can walk amongst the villagers as one of them. To everyone but Baphomet, the Alpha Wolf scries as a Teuton; however, if the Sage's Apprentice and the Sage both scry the Alpha Wolf in the same night phase, they will both receive the result of Alpha Wolf, instead of the normal interference results.

The wolves win when the number of remaining wolves are equal or greater than the remaining villagers.

Spoiler: Neutral
    Show

The Mayor: The Mayor is not a true role, but rather a title anyone can possess. Every day phase, players may vote in blue for whom they would like to be the mayor. The following day phase, that player serves as mayor. The mayor's vote during the day phase counts double

There will also be two secret neutral roles whose details will not be listed here. There will not be more than two.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Role Died
    Thematthew Teuton Lynched Day Three
    Ramsus Grandmaster of the Brotherhood Baked into Pies Night Two
    Eggel Sage's Apprentice Survived
    Disc Lorde Sage Slain Night Five
    Duck999 Alpha Lynched Day Six
    ThePhantom Baphomet Slain Night One
    Lex-Kat Knight of the Brotherhood Slain Night Four
    Elenna Knight of the Brotherhood Consumed by Shadow Day One
    Luizeu The Black Knight Slain Night One
    Syldar Teuton Rhymed to death Night Three
    AvatarVecna Wolf Lynched Day Five
    Kish Teuton Survived
    Legato Endless Teuton Lynched Day Four
    Silent-Interim The Shadow Lynched Day One
    BasketofPuppies Teuton Rescued by Narrator Day Two
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-06-04 at 11:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Brotherhood WW

Seems interesting. Does the Alpha pick the wolves, or is it random?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Random pick. Forgot to state so in the opening, sorry.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

This set of rules sounds fun. Interesting setting choice.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

In. For the Beast, if they're lynches with wolves on the wagon is there a chance that a wolf is killed?

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

No. With a Vigilante in the game as well, I don't want there to be too many non-lynch wolf kills.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-04-25 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Bad wording

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

I shall be in this game.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll play.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'll be in. This looks like a fun set of rules.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll get in on this.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I really like the sound of this

12. - Top - End - #12

The setting called my attention. I would love to play
    Darn it Whisper !

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

In!
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

In.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Little update for those brave souls who volunteered for my game:
    We are currently sitting at 11 players. I COULD run a game with this few of players if needed (I'd just have to tweak/axe some roles). Of course, I'd ideally love about 9 more at least, so if you know anyone on the fence about joining, give them a prod.
    Anyway, in the interests of informing you about the game's start, I wanted to give recruitment another week (making just over two weeks of recruitment) to give any others or newcomers a chance to sign up, so for now, the tentative start date of this game will be:
    Tuesday, May 10th, 10:00 PM PST.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Sometimes you really do just have to resort to actually PMing people. For whatever reason not everyone notices threads popping up her or maybe they just REALLY like that personal invitation. *shrug*

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Alas, as a relatively new playgrounder, I honestly don't even know WHO I would PM. Other than Lex-Kat, as she was very helpful in assisting me with setting up this thread in the first place, but she has already graciously volunteered. I suppose I'll just have to up more people die in Penguin and Disc Lorde's game and decide to sign up for this one.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

One thing to do is just look at people in other recent games and PM them.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'm having trouble getting into the fluff, but I guess I could do this to be in a WW game.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I guess we all meet in an INn.
    I am a Neutral Good Elf Druid/Wizard

: "Disintegrate. Gust of wind. Now can we please resume saving the world?"
    : "Your approval fills me with shame."
    Never, EVER pick up a duck in a dungeon!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Another little update: I have taken Rasmus the Wise's advice and started PMing individuals (Syldar and AvatarVecna so far the fruit of my efforts) I sent another round of them late yesterday, so in an effort to give them a chance to read said message and decide if they would like to play, I will not be starting the game today, as the tentative start date implied. The new tentative start date is Thursday, 05/12, 10:00 PM PST, at which point we'll start with whatever players we have.
    Thank you for your continued patience.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm interested in playing in this, though I haven't played in one of these games before.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I'm interested in playing in this, though I haven't played in one of these games before.
    In that case, welcome!

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

I can join if you will allow the possibility of fairly low initial participation. I am very distracted by recent events, but I can certainly make a requisite post daily until things open up.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    I can join if you will allow the possibility of fairly low initial participation. I am very distracted by recent events, but I can certainly make a requisite post daily until things open up.
    Happy to have you!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

As the morning sun rose, the village seemed just as it had the night before. Happy and simple Teutons made their way about town on their business; here a shop keep, there a baker, and so on. But it was only a short while before their morning was interrupted by a cacophony of screams coming from the town's square. There was a small crowd gathered there, all of them recoiling in horror at the man stumbling about before them. It was the town's mayor, who was clutching his hands around a gaping wound in his side. A bright, phantasmal flame seemed to seep from the wound, clearly the result of some foul taint.
    "They have returned!" the Mayor cried out, to the gathered villagers, "They are among you now!"
    The crowd grey silent at the Mayor's words. They knew what he had meant, but they didn't want to believe it. With a start, the Mayor collapsed, and from out of his cloak rolled a strange ring, bearing the symbol of the Brotherhood. It would appear the Mayor had some secrets....

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Norman250 was killed. He was the Mayor, and The Old Grandmaster.

Day 1 begins now. Day 1 will end around 10:00 PM PST, 48 hours from now

Remember to vote for the lynch in red, and to vote for a new mayor in blue!

Please let me know ASAP if I have forgotten to PM you your role.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-05-13 at 12:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"ThePhantom(s) have returned! Oh no!" shouts the baker and flees to his shop so that he might cover the entrances with salt to keep the evil spirits out.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

A local preacher held up a cross. "Fools! Only the light of God shall save us! And He has told me that Lex-Kat must burn, and BasketofPuppies shall lead us to drive out the scourge!

(Praise be to RNGesus)
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

RNGesus, what say ye?

Kish

Lex-Kat
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-05-13 at 06:31 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

So, dark spirits, eh? Then we need a... less-than human leader. Lex-Cat is one of the fae, she should know how these spirits think!

As for the target... I don't like that priesty guy over there. According to my random choice, Silent_Interim shall perish!
    I am a Neutral Good Elf Druid/Wizard

: "Disintegrate. Gust of wind. Now can we please resume saving the world?"
    : "Your approval fills me with shame."
    Never, EVER pick up a duck in a dungeon!