New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion: The Oncoming Storm

Aidan nods and follows Ennis and the others down to the wharf, and frowns at the sirens before his attention is drawn to the hopping Elekid. Thinking for a moment, Aidan leans over towards the Pokémon and looks him over carefully before saying, "That you in there, Donny?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny nods, finally someone figured it out. With Buzz's short arms he pats the sides of his own neck while taking deep breaths. Maybe Aidan would realize that his body wasn't drowning.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan watches Buzz for a moment as he pats his neck and takes deep breaths, before nodding to himself. "You've got some way of breathing down there, then?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny nods again, excitedly. He tries to pantomime swimming, but the Elekid's stumpy limbs don't seem suited for it. Instead he waddles over to the hull of the boat and starts writing with his finger for Aidan to read. O-P-E-N-D-O-O-R-W-A-I-T-H-E-R-E.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Before anything else could happen, a loud clanking sound erupts from the rapidly approaching Ranger boat, as a bright spot light singles out the yacht. While the light wasn't strictly necessary in the middle of the day, it did show that they didn't want you going anywhere as they drew closer.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis kills the engine, not getting any closer, then moves to the back of the boat so that the Rangers couldn't see her. She releases two pokeballs underwater so that the light would not alert the authorities. A moment later, Mar the Seadra and Barco the Lapras appear.

'Listen, Donny is out there somewhere but we can't get near. No one will think twice about two water pokemon though. Get low, then sneak over and find Donny, then bring him back here underneath the boat, got it?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Irn, you'd be more on the side of the boat to not be in direct view of the Ranger boat, so I'll put Ennis there. She's currently not visible to the Rangers.

As Ennis mon sink below the water, the Ranger boat pulled up. Over a loudspeaker Put your hands up and remain where you are. We will come to you.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis put her pokeballs back, and her hands up quietly, but remains silent and at the side of the yacht.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan frowns slightly but raises his hands, whispering to Donny, "It doesn't look like that's going to work..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny looks up at Aidan and with Buzz's stubby arms he gives a short salute. Then he throws himself back into his own body down below the surf, leaving the Elekid with the others. As Donny opens his eyes he checks his channels to make sure that all three of his active pokemon are okay. Echo would be flying around in circles, surveying the scene below. Buzz would be waiting in the boat with the others, only slightly confused. And Whiplash would be right next to him, keeping him from floating away in the currents.

If nothing has changed down below, Donny pushes off of the rocks and starts swimming towards Byron's boat. If at all possible, he'll try to get inside the hidden dock from under the surface instead of boarding the boat.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Donny
    As you came back to your body, you still felt the connections to your three pokemon. As you started siwmming upwards, you were intercepted by Ennis pokemon, who tried urging you towards the boat, but ultimately relented when you refused. It took you less than a minute to move into the hidden cove, feeling along the wall. Your likely out of sight of the outside if you were to surface, but you weren't positive.

Others
    The Ranger boat pulled along side, one Ranger hopping the gap scrutinizing each of you before going over to Byron. The two spoke in harsh whispers for a few minutes before the Ranger turned back towards you. Sorry for bothering you. Carry on. Before hopping back over. He said something to the driver of the boat, who looked almost dumbfounded. The driver muttered, pulling the wheel away from the boat and the Gym Island. Byron looked at all of before turning to Ennis. Take us back in. I need to have a few words with your companion. The tone of his voice was dead, sending shivers of fear through your spine. To say he was angry was an understatement.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis silently nodded, then moved to take the wheel and steer the boat back into the wharf.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

You worked the boat back into the wharf, just as Donny, or at least what looked like Donny had a kid with a Tentacool clambered onto the wharf. Byron lept from the deck before it was even stopped landing in front of Donny. Through gritted teeth. Explain yourself soldier. Now!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As the big man landed Donny fell into a crouch instinctively ready to leap back into the water. "Battle got out of hand. Poisoned a person and didn't realize it until it was too late. By then there were already witnesses so I helped bring him to the Pokecenter. I panicked when no one else was around and walked out, skip ahead a bit and leapt into the ocean to hide."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Byron was stoic for a while before speaking. You should be more careful. Don't forget you have powerful allies, like myself, who can bail you out of the authorities for minor offenses. You helped him to the Center, and saved his life. You'd have gotten a fine, at worst and then you fled. You have to think before you do something stupid! What would have happened if I wasn't here to bail you out?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"My experience with Rangers has yet to be positive. I didn't want to risk getting arrested or worse for a mistake. Did you talk to them?" Donny asked. He wasn't sure if his underwater tactics had saved him or his current relationship with the large man. In either case, he returned both Buzz and Whiplash and sent encouraging words to Echo as she maintained her circuits outside in the sky.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I did. I told them you were from Kalos, that you didn't understand the customs here. You didn't think, you acted on instincts. You need to keep your calm in stressful situations, otherwise you'll lose your head. Literally.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Right. Sorry," Donny said to Byron and the others in the boat.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Byron sneered, balling his fist. No, no your not. You are going to go to the Center, and apologize to that kid, in person. Because I'm not going to have some snot nose kid living in my gym. Your an adult, and you going to act like one. Byron's tone had changed, to an almost fatherly tone. He was still quite angry, but he was no longer accusatory. Mostly.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Showing a modicum of wisdom and maturity, Donny bit his tongue to bottle up the anger that suddenly surged up within him. He waited a moment and let the bile seep lower and lower until he felt he had more control over his emotions. When he felt that he could speak without being retaliatory he said, "Can't do that today. Not looking like this. It lasts about 24 hours, so it will have to be tomorrow." He clicked his blue beak on the 'k' and 't' sounds for emphasis.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

The smallest, nearly imperceptle smile came to Byron's lips. Smart. He turned and left the group on the wharf, without another word. The water lapped at the boat in the awkward silence.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan listens to Donny's explanation, and says after Byron leaves, "He's got a point, there... we need to try not to draw attention to ourselves if at all possible. Still, no permanent harm done, so it should be good." He heads off the boat himself with that, deciding to track Byron down and see if the man is willing to accept his challenge.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis collects her pokemon back into their balls, then approaches Donny.

'Look, I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with' Ennis said, looking about uncomfortably. 'But I'm glad you're ok. You saved my life once, up on the mountain. You're not allowed to die until I repay the favour, ok?' She gave him a quick smile. 'You look like you need a hug after all this. I'd give you one, if you weren't so damn ugly.' She pointed to his freaky face and laughed, giving him a punch in the arm.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Aidan
    You find Byron nursing more coffee. He chuckles as you offer a gym challenge, leading you into the bowels of the gym. You meander through corridors before coming out into a (mostly) flat cavern, barely tall enough for you to stand upright. The cavern was neatly rectangular, with lights in the corner to illuminate the surface. Dotted around the floor of the cavern are roughly circular holes into unknown depths. I must tell you Aidan, this arena is not for the impatient. This will be a four versus four double battle, got it? He motions towards a rack of what seems to be headbands with camera's attached to them, and a small viewing screen. I suggest you strap those to your mon before we start. I'll drop the privacy curtain. A drab curtain pulls across the center of the arena, allowing you time to strap the camera's to your team.

When the curtain pulls back, a small spiked seed and a Bronzor sit opposite Zues and Xylik.

Spoiler
    Show
    You are faster. So very much faster.
    To the left is the top layer
    You can't fly above the surface, and the black squares are holes
    Brown indicates tunnels (white is space you can't get to)
    Difference in level is 2m
    If you can't fly, you fall down the holes and end your movement there, unless you start adjacent before you start moving.
    Falling from top to bottom takes 1d6 falling
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2014-02-02 at 07:58 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan nods, taking a moment to scan the Pokémon before him. "Right... bit different from how I'd normally do things, but gotta adapt to the circumstances, right? Both of you, start moving forward... Zeus, focus yourself. Xylik, Harden." The two Pokémon nod, and Zeus strides forward while Xylik glides slightly behind him. The Gligar's skin seems to stiffen while the Machop clenches its fists, energy crackling across its body as it focuses its energy.

Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Xylik used Harden - +1 DEF stage.
    Zeus used Focus Energy - +3 Critical Range.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Byron nods approvingly. Set up and disappear. The Bronzor vibrated violently, sharp rocks jutting out of the arena directly in front of Zues, before floating to the nearest tunnel and disappearing. The Ferroseed, however, just rolls over to the larger hole, falling in. A satisfying clank as it hits the bottom. However, Xylik's efforts are pointless. Don't bother.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stat Subversion + (Defense) on Xylik.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan frowns slightly as the two vanish into different holes, before nodding to himself. "Trying to divide and conquer? Don't be silly... both of you, after the Ferroseed." The two nod, and Xylik glides forward, ignoring the stone that smashes into him and glances down the hole before descending. Aidan nods as he sights the Pokémon and calls out, "Right, then... Xylik, open up with a Bulldoze!" The Gligar releases a powerful tremor into the ground around it, rattling the Ferroseed.

Noting the spikes in the camera, Aidan thinks for a moment before coming to a decision. "This won't be particularly pleasant, Zeus, but we need to take them down quickly! Go down there and nail it with a Karate Chop!" The Machop nods, rushing forward and batting at another of the stones as it bashes into him, then hopping down the shaft to strike at the steel-type with a powerful chop.

Spoiler: Rolls:
    Show
    Xylik - Bulldoze
    AC: (1d20)[20] v 2 + Physical Evasion
    Damage: (2d10+31)[39] Ground Physical
    Crit: (2d10+8)[16] Ground Physical

Zeus - Karate Chop
    AC: (1d20)[18] v 2 + Physical Evasion
    Added Effect: Critical on 14-20
    Damage: (2d8+27)[39] Fighting Physical
    Crit: (2d8+6)[11] Fighting Physical
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

The bulldoze ripped into the Ferroseed, but a shimmering blue shield blocks Zues' chop. The Ferroseed, rolled away from the Machop, unable to do anything. Don't think I'll fold that easily. Aegis, use Trick Room! The Bronzor appears around the corner, its eyes glowing as Time began to run in reverse. Quick, follow up with Hypnosis! The Bronzor sent out a pulse of hypnotic rays at Xylik, causing him to lull to sleep. His arms droop, causing him to nose dive into the Spikes, taking 1/8th damage. Xylik's defence is truely horrendous. Casket, Seed Bomb. The Ferroseed spat a seed at your two pokemon, which exploded for 35 Physical Grass as the seed rolled away out of sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init is inverted for 4 turns (count goes down at the end of the round). Superior Ability on Xylik, -1 Def
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2014-02-02 at 09:00 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

The fall onto the spikes jolts Xylik awake, even as Aidan calls out, "You really must rely a lot on shifting the battlefield to your advantage, rather than actually fighting. To each their own, though - you won't be the first opponent I've had to run down! Zeus, go after him and try another Karate Chop! Xylik, build your defenses back up! Harden!" The two Pokémon move forward, the Machop again striking at it while Xylik's skin stiffens once more.

Spoiler: Rolls:
    Show
    Zeus - Karate Chop
    AC: (1d20)[12] v 2 + Physical Evasion
    Added Effect: Crit on 14-20
    Damage: (2d8+27)[37] Fighting Physical
    Crit: (2d8+6)[16] Fighting Physical

Xylik - Harden: +1 DEF Stage
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

The barbs of Casket tore at Zues, dealing 1/8th damage. A good battler never lets the terrain define the encounter. They define the terrain. Casket, Aegis. Converge. Casket's barb glow bright as he rolls through Xylik, dealing 32 Physical Steel. Aegis floats down from the tunnel to the left, sending out a wave of confusion at Zues, dealing 30 Special Psychic.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 more Trick Room turns.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!