New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion: The Oncoming Storm

Ennis sips her coffee with one hand, while with the other she takes one of Mar's berries off his plate and passes it to the Mawile under the table. 'Shh' she whispers, giving a wink. 'That's your very last.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan thinks for a moment before deciding to look for someone willing to battle - better not to spend money until he can bolster his funds somewhat. That in mind, he'll stop by the Pokemon Center to switch his team around a bit before looking for a couple trainers willing to take him on...
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Eddie
    The article contained a lot of technical economic jargon, but you manage to piece together that the author believed the mine reopening would stabilize Devon's stocks and start its recovery. If anything severely delayed the mine's reopening, the impacts on Devon showed the company filling for bankruptcy in a little under 2 years.

The Dude who made me stat a Porygon
    Echo bites into the Porygon, which screeches in pain. The porygon retailiates with a beam of psychic energy, which rips through Echo. You feel her pain through your link, but you also feel a surge of power. Echo's body started to glow, expanding. Her legs grew feet, her wings became massive and her body expanded dramatically. As the glow subsided, the newly evolved Golbat screeched back at the Porygon, ready for another go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Restat as a Golbat and take 34 Special Psychic damage.

Ennis
    The Mawile engulfs most of the table in consuming the berry, though luckily she didn't bite down, leaving lots of spittle on the table. From the back you hear. I told you! You're gonna have to clean that up!

Aidan
    You find a series of islands in close proximity that seemed mostly untouched, except periodic signs designating battle areas. There was a beach, sand dune, cliff face, forest and reef battle areas, with trainers milling about each.

Spoiler
    Show
    Choose an arena and roll 1d4 twice. Depending on your results will depend if you get a Double battle and if your opponent is specced for the arena or not.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

'I didn't do nothing' Ennis lies badly, already starting to clean it up.

Ennis sends out Mar and Aire, who use the Seadra's water gun to wash the table and the Swablu's nice fluffy wings as well as some paper towels to soak up and clean the water.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Eddie raises his brows at that. He heads back to look for Byron, and if he finds him alone, asks.
    "Hey, I have some info, care to help me figure out how to proceed?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan thinks for a moment before heading towards the beach, deciding to see what kind of battle he can find there.

Spoiler: Requested Rolls
    Show
    (2d4)[3][1](4)

Also, as a note, the Pokemon I'll be using will fall in the level 18-21 range... unless I decide to use Mercury, but that'll only happen if it's something I can reliably wall with a level 1 Grimer.

Finding a young boy on the beach willing to accept a double battle, Aidan smirks, initially expecting an easy match. The boy proves quite skilled, however, leading with a powerhouse of a Vigoroth along with a Quilava against the duo of Caelus and Xylik. The Quilava proves to be handled easily enough by the Gligar, but the Vigoroth... it withstands the concerted assault from Xylik and Caelus, and in tandem with the boy's Gulpin putting both of Aidan's Pokemon to sleep with a well-placed Yawn brings the first two down. It's a combination of Korex's speed and accuracy and Hisei's flames that finally brings down the Vigoroth - but not before it manages to get another Yawn off to put both the Vulpix and the Absol to sleep, leaving them easy prey for the boy's Elgyem. Korex barely gets the chance to put up any resistance as the psychic Pokemon bypasses his natural defenses and batters his sleeping mind, but the Dark-type wakes up in time to strike one powerful blow before falling. The alien Pokemon nearly brings down Hisei as well, but the Vulpix's ensnaring flames prove to be enough to finally bring it down. As the two battlers recall their final Pokemon, Aidan nods at the kid and says, "Not bad at all... you've definitely got some skills there. It'll be interesting to see what you can do with a bit more experience..." He takes his money and leaves, making his way back to the Pokemon Center to heal up before hiring a rowboat and seeking out a Fighting type.

Spoiler
    Show
    I officially hate the move Yawn. Also, new Seens are Vigoroth, Quilava and Elgyem.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2013-11-21 at 06:59 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As Echo takes to her new form her inner voice changed and slowed. That really hurt, can we stop it from doing that again? Well, I'm sure we can try, Donny responds, pleased with Echo's more intelligent mannerisms. He opens his mind to the possibilities before him and comes to a logical conclusion: Bite the hell out of it. He borrows a copy of the move from Echo and runs up to the pink duck thing. With a mighty clap, the effects of the attack are transferred to his hands and he tries to bring them down on the creature before him. Meanwhile Echo repeats the attack, albeit much stronger now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Donny: 79/110
    Bite: AC 2 (1d20)[8] Flinch on 15+
    Dark, Physical: (2d10+14)[27] if crit (2d10+8)[25]

Echo: HP 54/96, Def 8, SDef 13, Spd 10
    Bite: AC 2 (1d20)[13] Flinch on 15+
    Dark, Physical: (2d10+21)[36] if Crit (2d10+8)[15]

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis

The Swablu's fluff made an excellent cleaning cloth, wipping the slober clean in a minute. The Mawile just looks at you aloof.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have anything else to do here?

Eddie
    You find Byron in the main arena of the gym, which was currently empty. He was drinking yet another cup of steaming coffee. I can try, at least.

Aidan
    You find a rental place after a while of walking, and then after a good hour of rowing finally make it to one of the listed isles. It was craggy with only one good spot to dock your boat on the shore. The island was fairly large, with sparse underbrush and almost no trees and mostly entirely steep incline. It would be a difficulty trekking the island.

Spoiler
    Show
    I need a Strength check if you want to do a wild roll here or you can go to a different island

Donny
    The Porygon recoils at the redoubled efforts, much more obviously hurting from the combined assault. It switches targets, charging at Donny for 27 physical normal damage.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan looks over the island, nodding to himself. This would be an excellent place to find a decent Fighting type. That thought in mind, he begins trying to climb the steep incline onto the island.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Strength: (1d20+2)[6]
    Wild Roll: (1d100)[46]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Once Ennis was finished and her team all fed, she grabs the waitress's attention.

'So where abouts is the local famous library of yours? There are a few things I need to check out.'

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, it looks like continuing as planned may lead to the collapse of Devon, and I was wondering if you could listen to some ideas and weigh in since the others all buggered off. I mean, their stock has dropped by roughly a third its value as is, and is going to plunge further, meaning they are hurting bad. It isn't going to recover fast, with projections starting six months from now, best case scenario. Hitting the mines would break any chance of that and put it in a death spiral, and we took the League's biggest naval supplier out of the equation. Granted, lots of collateral, but that's war, **** happens, drinking helps. Do you think we hit hard enough?"
    Eddie pauses for a moment.
    "Also, is there a bar open to hit?"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny takes the opportunity to throw a great ball at the duck thing before Echo attacks again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Donny: HP 52/110
    Great Ball: (1d100)[65]

Bite: AC vs 2 (1d20)[7] Flinch on 15+
    Dark, Physical: (2d10+21)[31] if crit (2d10+8)[18]

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BluesEclipse View Post
    Aidan looks over the island, nodding to himself. This would be an excellent place to find a decent Fighting type. That thought in mind, he begins trying to climb the steep incline onto the island.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Strength: [roll0]
    Wild Roll: [roll1]
    Despite your best efforts, the rocks beneath you give way, and you tumble down the incline, towards the waters. Your descent is suddenly halted, about a meter in the air. A small grey humanoid had caught you in its upstretched arms, but the look on its face says it wasn't expecting to. The clifface was only a few centimeters further, it would take no time for it to toss you into the churning sea.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Once Ennis was finished and her team all fed, she grabs the waitress's attention.

'So where abouts is the local famous library of yours? There are a few things I need to check out.'
    Oh the Library? Its on Mounte Gray Island. Just follow the signs, and you'll find it. And be quiet in there, the librarian is a real grouch.

Spoiler
    Show
    It will take about an hour of walking to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Well, it looks like continuing as planned may lead to the collapse of Devon, and I was wondering if you could listen to some ideas and weigh in since the others all buggered off. I mean, their stock has dropped by roughly a third its value as is, and is going to plunge further, meaning they are hurting bad. It isn't going to recover fast, with projections starting six months from now, best case scenario. Hitting the mines would break any chance of that and put it in a death spiral, and we took the League's biggest naval supplier out of the equation. Granted, lots of collateral, but that's war, **** happens, drinking helps. Do you think we hit hard enough?"
    Eddie pauses for a moment.
    "Also, is there a bar open to hit?"
    Well I'll say it again, I ain't no economy expert. But if thats what the people who are are saying, then I'd say you've done enough. He chuckled at the last bit, slamming a hand on your back. C'mon, I know just the place. He guided you out of the gym, and over several pedastrian bridges, till you found a rinky dink bar on a tiny island, barely big enough for the establishment. The Crag, as it was called, was dimly lit and dense with smoke. The two of you and the barkeep were the only occupants. Byron sat down at a stool, nodding at the barkeep, who nodded back before placing down a bottle of gin.

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Donny takes the opportunity to throw a great ball at the duck thing before Echo attacks again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Donny: HP 52/110
    Great Ball: [roll0]

Bite: AC vs 2 [roll1] Flinch on 15+
    Dark, Physical: [roll2] if crit [roll3]
    The ball slams into the Porygon, absorbing it. The ball shakes three times, before clicking, indicating capture.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 18 Porygon
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis returns her mon, and pokes Felicity on the nose. 'I'll drop you back off at the gym, then I'm heading to the Library, c'mon!'

Ennis walks Felicity the Mawile back, then lets Loba out as the two jog full speed to the Library.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan blinks as he realizes his position, noting the look of confusion on the Pokemon's face. "Erm... thanks for that," he says as he carefully tries to maneuver himself out of the creature's arms to stand on solid ground.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny collects the pokeball just as it gets transferred into the box system. He looks at the shop clerk but says nothing as he turns and walks away. He recalls Echo as well, now that she wasn't so small it could be considered aggressive to have her out and about. Instead Arachnia perched on his shoulder in her accustomed spot and the two joined in a mental connection.

Barring any intrusions, he makes his way to the Pokecenter and sets up the trades for Sunny and the Relicanth. He swaps the Tentacool to his active team and decides to call him Whiplash. He leaves the porygon for now, not sure what use he'd have for it. Perhaps the Rebellion had better use for a Wired pokemon.

He drinks a Soda Pop and throws away the can. Feeling restless, he seeks out a trainer battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer Battle: 2 v 2, No flying, no burrowing. (1d100)[67]

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Eddie nods as well, looking at the bottle.
    "One for the two of us, or is that just yours?"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis
    The Mawile huffed and puffed the entire way back, but didn't argue. When you returned to the gym, she walked off in a huff. What was her problem?

It takes some time, but you find the library around noon. The outside looked modern and inviting, but the inside looked like any other library, including the elderly librarian who glared daggers at the young rapscallion who will likely defile her books.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck roll for whatever your searching for. Or a check if you can properly justify it.

Aidan
    Your wiggling elicits the pokemon's grip on you to tighten. Chop! Machop! It barked at you. It started moving back up the crag, seeming to carry your weight effortless up the crag.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength or Dexterity if you wanna break free

Donny
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've got finals, so you'll have to wait till the weekend. Also Center's heal up trainers, so no point in wasting a Soda.

Eddie
    Byron looked confused for a moment, before nodding at the bartender. The bartender stared at you in disbelief, before disappearing in the back. A minute later, he came back with an identical bottle and an annoyed expression on his face. Cheers mate! Byron ripped off the stopper, clinking the bottle against your's with a resounding clang, before starting to chug the liquor.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Eddie raises the bottle in salute as well, uncorking it with his hands.
    "As Drunk Tony always used to say, to breakfast."
    And then he proceeds to chug alongside the steel ace. Ah, Drunk Tony. Shame about the time he took a leak in one of Koga's ornamental pools.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis heads to the myths and legends section of the library, seeing if she could find out any information on the Weather Trio and clues to where Kyogre and Groudon might have went, as well as any possible clues about the Aura Guardians she could find that could prove or even disprove their existence (on the off chance this was all a lie).

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck roll: (1d100)[16]
    INT roll: (1d20+1)[3]

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

As the Pokemon's grip tightens, Aidan stops struggling - if it's strong enough to hold him like this, it's probably strong enough to break him in half if he's not careful. "Right... Could you set me down, please?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Donny
    You find an area in the mall that seemed to be set aside for battle. A street tough in a thick leather jacket with spikes and piercings everywhere. 'Ey! Boyyo! Wanna fight? You weren't quite sure if he meant a pokemon battle or not.

Eddie
    As you start chugging, the liqour burning your nostrils and sending your tastebuds on fire. The warmth in your stomach quickly blossomed into a raging inferno that radiated outwards. You had downed a third of the bottle for the first eruption, but you quickly squelched it, forcing it back down. The second came later, when you were on the last dredges. Your stomach broiled and bubbled forcing its contents up and your gag reflex kicked in, forcing the liquor back into its container and all over the counter and yourself. As your brought the bottle back down, the intoxication hit you like a Hyper Beam as you suddenly lost your sense of balance. You were aware of someone talking, and someone yelling but their words sounded like an unintelligible moan.

You made out Byron's massive form jostling around in laughter before slapping you on the back. You stumble forward and miraculous find your feet. The room was spinning, or maybe you were, it was difficult to tell.

Aidan
    The mon growled angrily as he climbed the cliff. As he crested the hill, you took in what was beyond. Down the valley were hundreds of these pokemon and what seemed like even larger ones. Near the base of the valley stood what looked like a crude throne with a four armed grey humanoid pokemon. Before this behemoth were two of the smaller pokemon duking it out in what looked like an arena.

One of the duelist dealt a decisive blow, forcing the other to submit. There was a roar of cheers from the spectators. It was then that the one holding you bounded down the valley, straight towards the arena, before heaving and tossing you down the rest of the way. You had good hang time and you managed to clear the walls of the arena and the other spectators. However, you still landed hard on your back, taking 7 damage.

As you righted yourself, the entire crowd was whooping and hollering in excitement, the 4-armed behemoth had stood up and glared down at you with all arms crossed. It seems it was waiting for you to make a move.

Ennis
    The Fiction section proved fruitless, but the historical and religious section showed many promising results. You picked out 3 books that looked the best; Creation: Origin's of our World, Puppet Masters: Who's in Control of Who? and All You Need to Know About Life Energies. Which to start with?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Ennis cracks open All You Need to Know About Life Energies and gets to reading.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Eddie cracks up a bit as he fails to hold it, staggering a bit. He slurs out.
    "Ah damn, Tony'd be disappointed. Dun' worry, I got it."
    He then fumbles at his pokeballs, trying to reach Mukoff's. When did his hip begin running in circles? He eventually finds it as he manages to trip himself back onto his stool, sending the sludge monster out. He points to the purple mon's shoulder.
    "Mukoff, clean up, man. Er, mon? Whatever."
    He also accidentally sends out the Stig.
    "Wha? Yer driving, you get yer beer later!"
    He recalls the horse and sends out Clamps instead.
    "Eh? Yer not driving..."
    He tries to point to Clamps, the bartender, and Byron.
    "Drinks fer the four've you, I'll pay."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan winces at the rough landing, but pulls himself to his feet before looking at the Pokémon. "Well..." he says, more to himself than anyone, "this isn't good. Though... it kind of reminds me of the Colloseums back home... except for the lack of opposing trainer, and the makeup of the crowd I suppose." Thinking for a moment, he says to himself, "Well... I suppose it's as good a time as any to see what you're capable of. Mercury, let's go!" He pulls a ball off of his belt and releases the metallic Grimer in front of him.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Eddie
    All of sudden your hearing returns as the bartender starts slinging curses your way. What the bloody 'ell ya wanker?! Get that piece of crap outta mah pub! Byron intervened, as the Grimer got to work meticulously cleaning up your vomit. You did better than I expected. Now, what ya wanna ask me? The bartender continued to fume, but didn't want to argue with the Leader.

Aidan
    As the Grimer appears before you it whips around mildly confused. An eerie quiet falls over the crowd. This seems to be something they weren't expecting. Champ. Ma-Machamp! The leader called out. One of the larger pokemon jumped from the stands into the arena. It stood easily over a foot taller than you and was bulging with muscles that seemed to rip its skin apart. The Grimer quivered in fear, but stood (?) its ground nonetheless.

The pokemon came into a fighting stance, motioning for you to come at it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get a voluntary surprise round

Ennis
    You cracked open the book and started reading. It started out sounding like a lot of new age hippy nonsense with the flow of energy and auras and emotions. But it made a strange amount of sense. The book said every living thing had an aura, that some pokemon could see and feel. Certain Moves, specifically Aura Sphere and the Pulse Moves, all worked by manipulating the pokemon's Aura. It also said that Aura's were the reflection of the person's feelings.

Near the end there was a chapter on Humans who could manipulate Aura like Pokemon. According to the book, these people were rare, the author having only met one person who could. This person mysteriously disappeared about a month later without a word and the author seemed to be the only person who knew he ever existed. The book then began spouting a crackpot theory of some secret cult that ushers away humans with Aura-powers to fuel their demonic portal to the Void to release Giratina.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan frowns for a moment before saying, "Alright, Mercury... open up with a blast of Poison Gas." The Grimer nods, moving closer to the massive Pokémon and releasing a cloud of noxious purple gas around itself.

Spoiler: Mercury - Poison Gas
    Show
    AC: (1d20)[18] v 6 + Speed Evasion
    Effect: Poison
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Blech, hippies. Well maybe Loba would know about some of this Aura stuff? Too bad I don't speak pokemon

Ennis moves on to Puppet Masters: Who's in Control of Who?. While she expected even less from this one, she might as well stick with the Aura Schmaura stuff now.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Don't worry, he's...something. Likes chugging bleach to impress the other slime monsters."
    Eddie looks over to Byron as he talks.
    "Huh? Oh, right, that. Y'think the others're solid? Trustable to keep with?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Looking the tough guy over, Donny starts nodding. "Yeah, alright. 'Mon's only or are able to take a hit? Limit of two pokemon, either way. No flying too high, no burrowing, obviously." Donny takes off his thick green jacket and carries it as he approaches. "I'm just looking to scrap, but if you want to wager then say so."